Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: "Fight Against Fate".
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-19-07 02:28 AM CT (US)   
Since my previous thread with the title "Hello." had been archived and no more replies are allowed, I've decided to create another.

Shameless self promotion:
For those of you who haven't know, I'm Andan, from Indonesia, if you know where that is. Actually, I'm not new in this forum. A couple of years ago I had stalked this community with pointless trash-talking, endless name-changing, and such. Some of you oldies, if you still roam around here, might have a clue. Here are some ID that I've used: Indonesian_Knight, Indonesian_Militia, Fantasy_Kid, Garuda, and many others. Ring a bell? Well, let's cut that issue for now, since that wasn't the main purpose of this thread. I'm back here, trying to extend the life of AOK scenario-designing, which had survived for a long while, thanks to the devoted designers out there. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a good one myself.

The campaign:

"FIGHT AGAINST FATE"

There's always a hope, even though slight, to fight against our fate.

The story
Athalus, the red mage. Zegrevia, the blue sorceress. The two rulers who beared the power to control mana. Supported by an army of formidable and loyal warriors, they managed to establish a magnificient empire. The kingdom of Infernion, covered the southern lands. The queendom of Halberde which laid covered in winter, to the north.
As their reign continued, both leaders began to be extremely greedy for conquest. They wanted to rule over the whole Land. They then marched outside the border to expand their territory, taking over local tribes either by force or through a more "diplomatic" way: demanding their surrender. This was done with ease, thanks to the power of mana, reinforced by the power of steel. The conquest would then lead both to an encounter.
Understandably, neither would surrender their own territory. Neither would give up their ambitions. They would do anything in order to fulfill the demands and satisfy the needs. As a result, a long-lasting war took place. That was widely known as The Elemental Domination. The two nations clashed. Many battles had been fought on the Land. Many souls were slain, knights and civilians. There were no mercy between either sides. Nevertheless, Athalus and Zegrevia never succeed to defeat each other. None can surpass each other as their powers are equal.
The war never ceased. Each battle was truly devastating, causing heavy damages to the once-beautiful Land. The Land had turned into chaos. Seeing this, the Deity of Land was enraged. He called upon a massive rainstorm, flooding the battleground, drowning the two demonic rulers into the sea. However, they didn't want the ambitions to fall. In desperation, by using mana power, they shifted their soul into a runestone. And then, storm swallowed them into the abyss.
Their bodies may have vanished, but the runestone which keep their souls still exist, located in the unknown. Somewhere, patiently they're waiting to be awaken. One day will come. The day when the domination continues...

In this campaign, you'll play the role as Rett, a boy whose fate happens to be bearing the accursed runestone where the soul of Athalus was kept. He will then set on a quest, finding a way to destroy the stone. But it won't be an easy task. Along the journey, the soul of Athalus tries to control Rett's mind as his own. And everytime Rett use the destructive power the runestone holds, Athalus consume his soul in exchange, leaving Rett unconscious. On the other hand, the soul of Zegrevia was awaken by Lexus, Rett's step brother. Zegrevia doesn't have trouble to control Lexus's mind, as there's evil deep down in his heart, unlike Rett. Fate has chosen the two to confront each other, turning them from friends into foes. It is their fate to bear the runestone's burden. It is their fate to bear the long-lasting ambitions of the two dark rulers of the past. But still, there's always a chance. There's always a hope, even though slight, to fight against our fate.

The progress
- Prologue ~ The Elemental Domination (100% completed, submitted)
- Chapter I ~ Accursed Destiny (10% completed) (postponed, due to an upcoming test (which I believe is called "SAT" in the States)

The screenshots
- Prologue
Rett's Home
Local Towns
Zegrevia's Castle

- Chapter I
Lensia Village
Lensia Beach
Guild of Warriors

The playtesters
Prologue
- Red Whirlwind
- Mazenzo

The over 50 minute-prologue has been completed and submitted to the Blackskmith. You can find it here. Thanks if you're willing to take your time downloading it.

My thanks.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-~¤~-
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 06-29-2007 @ 07:20 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-19-07 06:10 AM CT (US)     1 / 39  
I liked your prologue. Hope you change your mind and do continue this project. The only problem is I didn't have any sounds because I couldn't get the sound file out of the zip-file.

~~ The Prophecy ~~ 4.9 An enthralling tale about a beggar named Orion.

Designing a scenario and looking for something novel? Try ► Old Explorer and it's uses ◄ 4.5
posted 06-19-07 10:02 AM CT (US)     2 / 39  
Tanneur got exactly the same problem. That's terrible. The nearly one-hour cutscene would be dull to watch with absolutely no music at all...

Anyone knows how to fix this? Should I re-submit the file with another zipping program?

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

-:|:- Fight Against Fate -:|:- Zegrelandia -:|:- Eternal Moon -:|:- Current Project -:|:-

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 06-19-2007 @ 10:04 AM).]

posted 06-19-07 10:21 AM CT (US)     3 / 39  
The moment you said your name was Andan, I had flashbacks.

Whoa.
posted 06-19-07 12:23 PM CT (US)     4 / 39  
I knew you would somehow, Mechstra. How long has it been... 5 years?

Anyway, the past is the past.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-19-07 12:29 PM CT (US)     5 / 39  
Should I re-submit the file with another zipping program?

It is not the zipping program, the other files extracted fine. Did you wait until you received the file ID number? If not the sound submission might be incomplete, then to update would help. Most people use WinZip or the zipping program included in Windows XP. What program did you use?

You can also send me the MP3 via e-mail, address in the profile and I update the submission with the sound file.

There is an old random bug, overrunning a trigger with fast speed. When I first played the cut-scene on fast, the game discontinued after, "Palace Of Zegrevia, L' Zeveire, capital city of Halberde. Year 63."
Trigger 197, the Set Area is a bit narrow, the effects fire in the sequence they were created, first effect 0 change view, then effect 1 create object map revealer, and before effect 2 Activate Trigger 198 could fire, the scout left the set area. The condition Bring Object to Area works as object in area not as object was in area. On a replay, the scene worked on fast speed.
posted 06-19-07 12:46 PM CT (US)     6 / 39  
Well, it was supposed to be played on Normal speed.
I haven't tested in on Fast. Did the bug happened on normal speed?

I'm sending the music file to your address now, or at least, trying to. It may take long, thanks to my connection speed. Can you also do some corrections in the readme file on the zip? The title of the song is wrong.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-19-07 12:55 PM CT (US)     7 / 39  
50 minutes is massive. I haven't seen it yet, I will when the music works, but the screenies and what you've said yet makes me think it's a great cut-scene.

The chance is high that I review it
I have changed names many times. This will be my last name. Swear !
Never managed to keep that promise, did you

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 06-19-2007 @ 12:58 PM).]

posted 06-19-07 01:05 PM CT (US)     8 / 39  
Lord Basse:
You even bothered to view profiles of my past IDs? Haha... That's interesting, and quite embarassing too. Well, I was still about 13 back then. I think it's still all right to act chilidsh.

Oh, and a review would be greatly appreciated!

Tanneur:
I've sent the music file to your address. Hope it's delivered safely and correctly. I'm looking forward to receiving your feedback, to let me know if the scenario is fully available to be downloaded. Thanks.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 06-19-2007 @ 01:44 PM).]

posted 06-19-07 02:10 PM CT (US)     9 / 39  
Well, I was still about 13 back then. I think it's still all right to act chilidsh.
Hehe... I rather not talk about my time here when I first came
Oh, and a review would be greatly appreciated!
As soon as the music's working, you can expect one... well, at least 50 minutes afterwards

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 06-19-07 02:17 PM CT (US)     10 / 39  
Ah, but did Basse bother to check through your past threads? Quite interesting reading.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 06-19-07 07:14 PM CT (US)     11 / 39  
Basse:
I agree. The past is the past, we'll just have to let 'em flow away!

I shall pray that throughout 50 minutes of playing, you don't die of boredom, then! Like I said, grab a popcorn and turn on your favorite music. It might help.

Julius999:
I certainly hope he didn't. I kind of feel ashamed for everything I had posted in the past...

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-20-07 04:32 AM CT (US)     12 / 39  
To anybody who intends on downloading this cutscene: play it on fast because it was bug-free for me (I played it on fast because the text was a bit slow). Whereas Tanneur99 encountered a bug on normal.

Designing a scenario and looking for something novel? Try ► Old Explorer and it's uses ◄ 4.5
posted 06-20-07 02:19 PM CT (US)     13 / 39  
UPDATE

It works now, if you were one of the first 20 downloads and had problems unzipping the music file download again. It is a much better experience to play the cut-scene with the music file.
Whereas Tanneur99 encountered a bug on normal.
Your humor or better reading problem is not a laughing matter.
When I first played the cut-scene on fast, the game discontinued...On a replay, the scene worked on fast speed.
Fact is that I never played the file on normal speed.
posted 06-20-07 03:27 PM CT (US)     14 / 39  
I just watched it. Very good job, Andanu.

me
posted 06-20-07 09:37 PM CT (US)     15 / 39  
Silver Serpent:
Actually, it was meant to be played on normal... but yes, I think people would rather play it on fast, thanks to the slow pace of dialogues... which happens to be the main cause of the 50 minutes length of play. If you're lucky, you would find it bug-free on fast speed.

Tanneur99:
I should've lessen the time gap between texts... duh. Sorry for this.

Impeached:
Thanks! Maybe if I get more feedbacks like yours, I'll think about continuing the work.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-20-07 11:13 PM CT (US)     16 / 39  
I personally liked the text speed. It gave it more of a relaxed feel, and gave you time to look at the scenery while reading.

You should definitely continue this, by the way.

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 06-20-2007 @ 11:13 PM).]

posted 06-21-07 07:04 PM CT (US)     17 / 39  
Perhaps.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-26-07 04:32 PM CT (US)     18 / 39  
Good news.
I've decided to postpone my work of another project, and continue this campaign instead.

It's about 10% completed (I'm just getting started), maybe it'll take about several weeks to finish it, due to me having some real-life businesses to take care of beside playing my computer.
It'll have the shortest playtime of the whole campaign, and it'll probably consist of only role-playing, some main tasks, a bit sidequests and some cutscenes, since the story is still the beginning of the main character's journey.

I'll post some screenshots and the scenario story later, just so you'll know.

Thanks for the warm comments.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-26-07 04:36 PM CT (US)     19 / 39  

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 06-26-07 04:39 PM CT (US)     20 / 39  
Glad to see that happy face.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-26-07 04:52 PM CT (US)     21 / 39  
I hope my review gets approved soon, or at least that Tanneur sends me a mail if I did anything wrong in it.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 06-26-07 05:04 PM CT (US)     22 / 39  
Looking forward to it.

It takes a long time for your submissions/comments/reviews to get approved nowadays. It's quite a pity, but I don't really mind.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-26-07 05:08 PM CT (US)     23 / 39  
I hoped it would've been aprroved by today, since Tanneur has been quite active in approving submitted files for the Blacksmith. But I guess he didn't enough time.

Oh well. The only thing that disturbs me with the new system is that comments need approval. It kills every flowing discussion in the Blacksmith!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 06-26-07 05:26 PM CT (US)     24 / 39  
I didn't even know it's a new system. Well, I had never posted a single comment on my past times, so I don't really know about it.

Well, at least if a comment needs approval, one of the staffs/staves (or whatever the plural form is) should come to approve incoming comments several times a day.
I had to wait for about a day just to see my own comment. Quite frustrating, IMO.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-26-07 05:37 PM CT (US)     25 / 39  
Yes it is
one of the staffs/staves
Lets say staffies

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 06-26-07 07:43 PM CT (US)     26 / 39  
Yeah, staffies it is then.

Uploaded some screenshots for your enjoyment.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-26-07 10:48 PM CT (US)     27 / 39  
I wish I could offer my playtesting abilites, but I'm having enough trouble with the rest of my work, and play testing for Basse. Good luck on your project anyways!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 06-27-07 04:21 AM CT (US)     28 / 39  
I love your pyramid entrance

posted 06-27-07 06:54 AM CT (US)     29 / 39  
I love the fact that you loved it.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

posted 06-27-07 10:33 AM CT (US)     30 / 39  
I love the fact the you love the fact that he loves it

Those screenies are awesome. You're truly very talented

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 06-27-07 03:30 PM CT (US)     31 / 39  
I'll playtest. E-mail in profile.

By the way, if you don't let me playtest, I'll feed you to the monkeys.

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 06-27-2007 @ 03:31 PM).]

posted 06-27-07 05:50 PM CT (US)     32 / 39  
@ Lord Basse:
'Truly very' is too much. Without any meaning to brag about myself, you can just consider me as 'talented', if you don't mind.
Thanks anyway. Well, I've been designing maps (none are submitted, though) for almost 7 years now. If I'm never getting better, that would be a shame.

@ Impeached:
Knowing that monkeys don't cannibalize, I see no problem to that.
But the problem is, I don't know if monkeys can tell the difference between that banana and *this* banana.

/\NDANU_TRISATY/\
StormWind Studios

[This message has been edited by Andanu T (edited 06-27-2007 @ 06:05 PM).]

posted 06-28-07 05:53 AM CT (US)     33 / 39  
Knowing that monkeys don't cannibalize
They do. Some chimpanzees in Africa split up in tribe-like familys and attack each other from time to time in fights about the territory. The winners often kill an opponent's baby chimp and eat it. It's true.
Thanks anyway. Well, I've been designing maps (none are submitted, though) for almost 7 years now. If I'm never getting better, that would be a shame.
I've been designing since I and my brother first bought the AoK Gold Edition, and that's 5 or 6 years ago, but I didn't improve much at all before I discovered AoKH, thanks to a friend, and played Sabato Returns.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 06-28-2007 @ 05:55 AM).]

posted 06-28-07 06:21 AM CT (US)     34 / 39  
Have to say, your last screen shot with the pyramid on the bridge is a good idea. I personaly have never seen it before, could be old could be new but whatever, looked good.

The Wall

coming soon
posted 06-28-07 07:48 PM CT (US)     35 / 39  
@ Impeached:
Knowing that monkeys don't cannibalize, I see no problem to that.
But the problem is, I don't know if monkeys can tell the difference between that banana and *this* banana.
Evidently, you haven't done your research.

Anyway, am I a playtester or no?

me

[This message has been edited by Impeached (edited 06-28-2007 @ 07:51 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » "Fight Against Fate".
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames