Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Submit Your Age2oons!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 09-23-08 10:29 PM CT (US)   

An Age2oon is the Age of Kings Heaven tradition where our community takes Age of Empires II screenshots, and then crafts those screenshots into humorous, cartoon-styled comics. If you'd like to submit an Age2oon of your own, post it in this thread and we'll get it up in our Age2oons Gallery as soon as possible! Remember, it must be under 250 KB, in either JPEG, PNG or GIF format. No bitmap files please; if you would like a free BMP converter, check out IrfanView. To take a screenshot, press CTRL-F12 during the game - use the "Print Screen" key if you have the Conquerors Expansion pack - and it takes a .bmp file of your screen and saves it to your Age of Empires II directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Screenshots

We're providing a transparent text balloon GIF that anybody is free to modify and use in their toon as a backdrop for the text! Right click on it and click "Save as" to save it onto your Desktop.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"

[This message has been edited by Aro (edited 01-04-2009 @ 10:17 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-25-08 09:34 PM CT (US)     76 / 312  
Scores sent in 'Ro, and a few of them actually made me "lol" for real, but I'll tell you which ones I personally found the funniest once all the scores are in and the winner is announced.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 10-25-08 10:14 PM CT (US)     77 / 312  
So Luke (despite being staff, or perhaps because of that) can call me a tool and refer to my questioning as "incessant bitching", but when I reply, my post gets deleted? Luke baited me, and that's obvious. I was formal and polite in my messages until that happened.

Edit: Fixed a typo

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"

[This message has been edited by Gwame (edited 10-25-2008 @ 10:25 PM).]

posted 10-25-08 10:21 PM CT (US)     78 / 312  
So Luke (despite being staff, or perhaps because of that) can call me a tool and refer to my questioning as "incessant bitching", but when I reply, my post gets deleted? Luke baited me, and that's obvious. I was format and polite in my messages until that happened.
The thing is, you are a tool.

Even if Luke was indeed baiting you, you actually took the bait and responded with incessant bitching.

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
posted 10-25-08 10:24 PM CT (US)     79 / 312  
Of course I took the bait. If someone insults me, I'll reply. What would you do?

BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 10-25-08 10:26 PM CT (US)     80 / 312  
Outwit and humiliate the person instead of whining about life being unfair.

posted 10-25-08 10:30 PM CT (US)     81 / 312  
I did, and you'd see that if you could read the post Aro deleted. Besides, according to your rule, you can insult anyone without repercussion, as long as they are less witty than you.

BEST SIG OF 2008
posted 10-25-08 10:41 PM CT (US)     82 / 312  
I did read the deleted post. There were certain rules in this competition and everyone followed them. Does your rebellious teenage mind feel that you need to question authority, or do you simply enjoy being in the spotlight? Which one is it?
Besides, according to your rule, you can insult anyone without repercussion, as long as they are less witty than you.
Certainly. I have not been banned in my six years here.

posted 10-25-08 10:47 PM CT (US)     83 / 312  
I did read the deleted post. There were certain rules in this competition and everyone followed them. Does your rebellious teenage mind feel that you need to question authority, or do you simply enjoy being in the spotlight? Which one is it?
No need to bring out Mr. Patronising Elder here. Rebellious teenage mind? You must feel pretty cocky and superior right now. There is nothing wrong with questioning the purpose and necessity of a rule, and I'm sure you can agree with that. Can you also agree that one may be inclined to respond once one is insulted? I don't want to conflict with anyone here, but that doesn't mean I'll back down should someone initiate conflict. I haven't taken any of this personally, nor do I hold particularly strong opinions on any of these matters, just for the record. I'll also let it be known that I never had a problem with Luke or Ornlu, and I respect both of them, but I do not consider them (or anyone else here) as superiors.

BEST SIG OF 2008
posted 10-25-08 11:34 PM CT (US)     84 / 312  
Yeah, okay, we get the idea. I'm a power-hungry warmonger, all those who share my wicked view are assholes and you're the poor victim who has done absolutely nothing to deserve those repeated roundhouse-kicks to the face.

Can we move on now?

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 10-26-08 02:32 AM CT (US)     85 / 312  
How lovely that 1/3rd of the posts in this thread are from this little "scandal"

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 10-26-08 02:51 AM CT (US)     86 / 312  
So Luke (despite being staff, or perhaps because of that) can call me a tool and refer to my questioning as "incessant bitching", but when I reply, my post gets deleted? Luke baited me, and that's obvious. I was formal and polite in my messages until that happened.
If you have more to say, feel free to open a thread in Website Feedback if you like; I'll be happy to reiterate any part of our reasoning that you don't understand.
In my webmaster position, you *will* consider me your superior. I respect your position, Gwame, but in situations like these, you aren't using your head. Clearly you do not respect *me* enough to pay heed to my request; expect a warning if you decide to continue with your back-and-forth in this thread. The argument is no longer about the rules of this contest, and I have already clarified our standing on the contest rules you questioned. I'm very sick of this thread being spammed. Website Feedback, e-mail, speak with me on MSN, or drop it. Those are your options. Choose wisely.
Scores sent in 'Ro, and a few of them actually made me "lol" for real, but I'll tell you which ones I personally found the funniest once all the scores are in and the winner is announced.
Shweet. Luke sent his in too, so I should have 'em up and ready by Sunday night. ^^

posted 10-26-08 09:13 AM CT (US)     87 / 312  
In my webmaster position, you *will* consider me your superior
Superior in terms of position on the site, and that you would be more accustomed to the rules and so on, sure, but not superior in the sense that hypothetically you could insult me and I could not insult you back because of this 'superiority'. Can you respect that?
I respect your position, Gwame, but in situations like these, you aren't using your head. Clearly you do not respect *me* enough to pay heed to my request;
Of course I respect you enough for that, but the reason why I didn't immediately stop was because you warned me and not Luke, despite him being the one who instigated it and brought the discussion/argument beyond rule questioning, and it became more personal.
Yeah, okay, we get the idea. I'm a power-hungry warmonger, all those who share my wicked view are assholes and you're the poor victim who has done absolutely nothing to deserve those repeated roundhouse-kicks to the face.

Can we move on now?
With all due respect, can you not see what you're doing? If you want to end all this, that's fine, but how do expect to do that if you keep baiting and patronising me? Can't we at least keep it civil. I don't want to spam this thread, but you have to understand that I didn't want to back down. I'll make no more personal comments or accusations from here on, provided you do the same. So for the sake of getting back on topic and stamping out petty internet disputes, how about it?
The argument is no longer about the rules of this contest, and I have already clarified our standing on the contest rules you questioned. I'm very sick of this thread being spammed. Website Feedback, e-mail, speak with me on MSN, or drop it.
True, and I'm also fed up of it, but as I said above, I don't like backing down from something. I'm fully prepared to cease all this off-topic arguing for the sake of the thread, and because it's pretty much pointless. Hopefully you can empathise and understand my viewpoint here. I may choose to discuss the situation further through one of the other means you suggested, assuming you don't mind.

This will be my last reply on the matter. I just wanted to clear everything up.

BEST SIG OF 2008
posted 10-26-08 09:46 AM CT (US)     88 / 312  
[/arguement] [happy talk]

--->n i

/*~-._.-~*~-._.-~*N e v e r F i ____ s h e d*~-._.-~*~-._.-~*\

...the ESTEEMED, BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY...NF~Aro
posted 10-26-08 05:44 PM CT (US)     89 / 312  
Hey, uh I know the Contest is over and all, but could I enter an AgeToon anyway for the heck of it? I dont really care about prizes, I just think mine would make a fair addition to the gallery.
posted 10-26-08 05:55 PM CT (US)     90 / 312  
Hey, uh I know the Contest is over and all, but could I enter an AgeToon anyway for the heck of it? I dont really care about prizes, I just think mine would make a fair addition to the gallery.
Go for it! The contest was just to kick off the toon contest. This thread will be open for new submissions.

posted 10-27-08 01:53 AM CT (US)     91 / 312  
Winner: Ornlu's "The Lonely Old Man", at 14 points.
Runner-Ups: WELLST's "That's One Way", and NeverFinished's "Wrong Address", both at 13 points.

Congrats to Ornlu on his hilarious winning entry -- apparently the judges have a thing for monk-on-sheep action. E-mail or MSN me your desired custom title bro.

Scores!!!

BASSE
Wrong way: 10/15
You can't run: 10/15

WELLST
Jaguars Meet Jaguar Warrior: 10/15
That's One Way: 13/15
That's No Sheep: 8/15
Doesn't sound too attractive...: 7/15
Where's Jimmy Gone?: 10/15

OTMSHANKIII
Oopsez: 4/15
Gun Salute: 9/15

TURTY
Horray for the lack of death sprites!: 8/15

NEVERFINISHED
Wrong Address: 13/15
Wrong dance: 10/15

ORNLU
Pepe's Big Dream: 12/15
The Lonely Old Man: 14/15

JULIUS999
Fred!: 12/15

N8MAC
Gas Prices: 8/15
Paradise: 12/15
Drive-by: 8/15

SLY
Is It Always This Cold?: 10/15

All of the entries this year were excellent! They can all be found in our Age2oon Gallery (201-300). Scud will announce everything in the news tomorrow. ^^

posted 10-27-08 02:04 AM CT (US)     92 / 312  
Yarr, congrats. It would seem everyone has a custon title except me now.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 10-27-08 05:08 AM CT (US)     93 / 312  
Congrats Ornlu
Basse, feel free to reduce the file size and resubmit these as regular Age2oons. Funny stuff
I would've, if I hadn't been gone all weekend

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 10-27-08 05:36 AM CT (US)     94 / 312  

Sleeping with the judges works every time. Thank you!

posted 10-27-08 06:04 AM CT (US)     95 / 312  
Congrats Ornlu. And congrats me for coming joined second. So... Whens the next competition?

¸.·\\\'´¯) ¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸(¯`\\\'·.¸
¸ .·\\\'´¯),ø¤°``°¤ø,¸And as the darkness consumes me, I am nothing.¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸(¯`\\\'·.¸
¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸,ø¤°``°¤ø,¸¸
posted 10-27-08 06:46 AM CT (US)     96 / 312  
Congrats Ornlu....I was so close.. ...I know Ornlu's title is going to be good ....

--->n i

/*~-._.-~*~-._.-~*N e v e r F i ____ s h e d*~-._.-~*~-._.-~*\

...the ESTEEMED, BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY...NF~Aro
posted 10-27-08 01:38 PM CT (US)     97 / 312  
Congrats, Orlnu. It would've gotten my vote too.

BEST SIG OF 2008
posted 10-27-08 02:26 PM CT (US)     98 / 312  
Ornlu deserved to win.

I'm happy with my score too. I achieved my goal of not last.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 10-27-2008 @ 02:26 PM).]

posted 10-27-08 03:17 PM CT (US)     99 / 312  
Thank you everyone. Now the real challenge is defending the title.

posted 10-27-08 03:57 PM CT (US)     100 / 312  
Ah well, 9/15 ain't that bad.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["The prequels were great. They had some unironic high moments, laughable low points, and a cornucopia of memes. The sequels are just porridge and white noise." -Some internet rando.]
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Submit Your Age2oons!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames