Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Euro 2012 - Football thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 06-02-12 09:33 AM CT (US)   
Just under a week till it starts. What country is your money on? GO!

France: Tetsuo Shima
Germany: Morgoth Bauglir, Coldviper, Whoracle, Dead_End
Ireland: Other White Meat
Spain: Bulba Khan
Ukraine: Felix36

Semi finals:

Portugal - Spain
Germany - Italy

Finals:

Spain - Italy

[This message has been edited by Dead_End (edited 06-29-2012 @ 01:43 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-02-12 09:50 AM CT (US)     1 / 143  
I don't watch football, mostly because Finland never gets anywhere

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 06-02-12 09:59 AM CT (US)     2 / 143  
You beat us yesterday, you know. We hit the crossbar twice. Kinda sucked, that.

Oh, and uh Germany etc etc.

Also, "European Cup"? Are we back in the 80s?

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.

[This message has been edited by morgoth bauglir (edited 06-02-2012 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 06-02-12 10:11 AM CT (US)     3 / 143  
Are we back in the 80s?
Oh so edgy!
posted 06-02-12 10:38 AM CT (US)     4 / 143  
Edgy? You're referring to one tournament as another, and I'm pointing it out.

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 06-02-12 11:45 AM CT (US)     5 / 143  
I was just thinking of starting a thread like this. You beat me to it. Prepare to die.

I don't know, I will ofcourse be cheering for France but I don't think they've got it in them, I guess it'll be either Germany or Spain.

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 06-02-12 12:11 PM CT (US)     6 / 143  
Germany...obviously....
posted 06-02-12 05:20 PM CT (US)     7 / 143  
You do realise Germany and Holland will smash everyone until they get to the semi-final or final and lose to Greece right? Germany wont win it. Id say spain for some reason. Im backing the Dutch and Deutsch to do something but I cant get my hopes up.
posted 06-02-12 05:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 143  
DUAL MONARCHY OF AUSTRIA-HUNGARY (k.u.k.) FTW!

O, wat, it's not 1914??

"Scipio is more charismatic than you are." -Rocking Doom
"Scipio ... narcissistic ... overly arrogant cuckold ... noble souls and gentlemen, ... spare a second ... basic and ennui existence ... feeble pleasure ... his life more bearable ... monotony of stoic reality." *-Scud
"SCIPIO YOU SUN BITCH" -TOAO_Roland
posted 06-02-12 07:46 PM CT (US)     9 / 143  
Football is for people who perform do-it-yourself prostate enlargement
posted 06-02-12 11:58 PM CT (US)     10 / 143  
Holland
Because Sipia simply had to point out that Holland isn't the same as The Netherlands, I must now correct you.
posted 06-03-12 04:47 PM CT (US)     11 / 143  
Do they have an Albania? *googles* No.

Put me down for Ukraine.
posted 06-03-12 05:37 PM CT (US)     12 / 143  
The Guardian gives the best odds to Germany and Spain.

So I will retract my prediction. My bet's on Ireland.

Also Guardian listed Netherlands as Holland. I'm kinda bummed out. Catalonia don't get their own team but apparently all Dutch provinces do.

-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 06-03-12 10:09 PM CT (US)     13 / 143  

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 06-03-12 10:18 PM CT (US)     14 / 143  
I am torn between 4 countries, all of which are (or most be) favorites. ¬_¬

Spain, Germany, Netherlands (almost typed Holland) and Portugal. I am pretty sure that at least two of them will be in semi-finals.

I am not placing bets on any though, if I bet a losing team, then the most likely thing is that whatever I have to do for losing the bet, it will have something to do Aro, and that's pretty scary.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 06-03-12 10:27 PM CT (US)     15 / 143  
England will win obviously.

In all seriousness though, my money is on France. They've got a lot stronger since the World cup shambles.
posted 06-04-12 02:53 AM CT (US)     16 / 143  
Haven't watched football in a very long time, so I have no idea right now.

I'll place my bets after the first group matches.
posted 06-04-12 04:16 AM CT (US)     17 / 143  
Spain, Germany, Netherlands (almost typed Holland) and Portugal. I am pretty sure that at least two of them will be in semi-finals.
Wow, a real risk taker, eh? How will you feel if it turns out you're absolutely right because there's no bloody way you can't be?

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 06-04-12 04:40 AM CT (US)     18 / 143  
Germany, Netherlands (almost typed Holland) and Portugal
So just about the entire Group B then?
posted 06-04-12 04:55 AM CT (US)     19 / 143  
Dead_End, how come you dont think the 'netherlands' will win the Euros?
posted 06-04-12 05:31 AM CT (US)     20 / 143  
Coach preferring Van Persie to Huntelaar as a striker. Van Persie is a great player, but only in a team where everything revolves around him. I also don't understand why he's bringing Kuyt, when he hasn't even been playing regularly at Liverpool this season. We may have won against Northern Ireland with 6-0, but I'm not sure we'll do so well against tougher teams.
posted 06-04-12 05:49 AM CT (US)     21 / 143  
Here's my (somewhat) thought-out grossly misinformed and drunken prediction:

Group A: Russia and Czech Republic are probably going to finish on top of Group A, since come on, Poland! And I seriously doubt that Greece can challenge Russia and I'm betting that Czech will win in the goal difference department if they don't beat Greece in points.

Group B: This is an interesting group, since Denmark isn't the butt monkey I thought they would be, they can actually put up a fight, and I'm guessing that either Netherlands ends up on top and Denmark pulls a fast one or something, or the oh-so-unpredictable Germany and Netherlands win the group. Germany is a tough team but those Danes sure are crafty and Portugal will probably (with Germany's luck) only beat Germany or tie with them and Denmark goes into the quarter finals with dumb luck.

Group C: F*ck Italy, 's all I'm sayin. No, but even if I didn't hate Italy's side, they're not doing so well. They're just piddling about. So I'm guessing Spain crushes everyone and Croatia comes second just because let's face it, they suck the least in the rest of the group.

Group D then. England and France would've been the obvious choices ten years ago, but now is not ten years ago, and I'm actually pretty sure France and Sweden finish on top. England would've still been my choice two years ago but they failed abysmally in the world cup and have just recently been taken over by a new coach that seems to try the classic italian strategy (bore the opponent to death) so I'm not exactly optimistic about their success. And I insist that France still suck less than Ukraine and England.

But flipping a coin probably produces better predictions, so make of that what you will. And yes, I'm still betting on Ireland. (Because if they do win, i mean, I've always wanted to say, "I CALLED IT!")

-- Christopher Hitchens

[This message has been edited by Evil Tailor (edited 06-04-2012 @ 05:56 AM).]

posted 06-04-12 09:59 AM CT (US)     22 / 143  
Anyway I can watch the eurocup games online?
posted 06-04-12 11:05 AM CT (US)     23 / 143  
lshunter.tv has all live football matches, it even had the match of Usa vs Canada today!
Very surprised that ended in a draw.
posted 06-04-12 12:24 PM CT (US)     24 / 143  
It's been a long time since I came here, but I think Germany will win it. Obviously hoping for Sweden to do so though.

castwcrt rip 2010-2010
posted 06-04-12 12:45 PM CT (US)     25 / 143  
oh-so-unpredictable Germany
Well Germany has made the semi finals of all their last 3 major international tournaments, so...
Anyway I can watch the eurocup games online?
What the hell kind of corner of the world do you live in that your local national TV station doesn't show each and every one of the games?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Euro 2012 - Football thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames