You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Renaming...how in the nake of quack do you do it???
posted 10-06-11 02:20 PM CT (US)   
In the editor of the conqures you are able to change the names of units and buildings...how?

Also,are you able to cahange starts?

Thanks.

Also,is there a section where can I post previuves of my maps?
Replies:
posted 10-06-11 02:46 PM CT (US)     1 / 8  
You need to go into triggers, make a new trigger with the "change object name" effect. Type in the new name and click on "select unit" and then click on the thing you want to rename.
posted 10-06-11 02:48 PM CT (US)     2 / 8  
Honestly, did you even open the editor before asking this question? C'mon. However, I am obliged to answer.

Step 1: Go into the editor, thats the button on the main menu called 'Editor'. The AOK main menu that is.

Step 2: Go into the triggers tab. That's the button on the top called Triggers. Actually, its the bottom right hand button on the top, but not the button in the far right - that's the options button. Don't click the wrong button.

Step 3: Create Trigger, once that's done you can move onto the next step, otherwise, you can't.

Step 4: Create Effect - Change Object Name & Change Object HP & Change Object Attack are what you want (I presume). HP changes their health amount and Attack, well, is attack points.

Step 5: Bah, the rest is self explanatory.

If you want to post previews of your map, set up a project thread or post in current campaigns and share your pictures. You'll have to upload them first to an image hosting site - like www.imageshack.us. Then use the code on the forums (image)url(/image) - Replace ( ) with [ ]

[This message has been edited by Tetsuo Shima (edited 10-06-2011 @ 05:25 PM).]

posted 10-06-11 02:51 PM CT (US)     3 / 8  
@SkullHeroLord

You are Serbian? So I know somebody to which you can give a hand. His name is fr steve, and he is currently working on a mod called Age of Voivods. To complete it, he needs voices in eastern european languages, including Serbian, and he is searching one since a while. The easiest way to contact him is on his project page:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=39316&f=4,,0,30&st=665

"Freedom is not given, it is taken." - Kropotkin

If you like historical scenarios, look at my 1453-The Last Siege of Constantinople in the Blacksmith.

[This message has been edited by RladalFatih (edited 10-06-2011 @ 02:54 PM).]

posted 10-06-11 03:50 PM CT (US)     4 / 8  
Tetsuo, some screenshots to go with that ?

SkullHeroLord, welcome to the forums. Cool username btw
posted 10-08-11 09:02 AM CT (US)     5 / 8  
Thank you all,but how do I rename a unit type in a scenario (for example,renaming the hun tatarkans{-.-} to raiders}?

And yes,Tetsuo,I DID open the editor before...:-/

@Rladal: Yes I am,I am also a bit Hungarian,but I don't have a microphone...sorry...

@panel: Thanks I have been member of SH heaven for some time,but now I have got AOE,i will spend more time here...:-)
posted 10-08-11 09:06 AM CT (US)     6 / 8  
that requires data editing.

I avoid that, because then the scenarios I make aren't available for everyone.

although I do need a .dat that has the useful beta thingies unlocked. anyone have a good one that doesn't have all the projectiles and dead bodies?

if you do, please send it to my email in my profile...

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 10-08-11 09:13 AM CT (US)     7 / 8  
posted 10-08-11 09:24 AM CT (US)     8 / 8  
thanks!

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Renaming...how in the nake of quack do you do it???
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames