You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Announcement: Mattai Nuies.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-24-14 01:49 PM CT (US)   

Teaser - Coming soon!

STORY

Legend has it, that during the darkest ages of men, or, antiquity once thrived the greatest civilization to ever exist.
The civilization itself is believed to be more than a thousand years old, and has an archaic name to it - Mattai Nuies.
The realm is just a union of petty kingdoms scattered across large four islands. But these petty kingdoms are a direct link to the ancient world.
Kingdoms rose and fell, kings ruled and were dethroned. This vicious cycle has continued for many years to come.
This was, until the Cameronian Wars.
From here on, the prologue cinematic will tell about the events which unfolded in the future.

Step into one of the most impressive generals' shoes and experience a series of revenge, conquests and fights
against the unnatural. Will you be able to end the bickering of foolish kingdoms and focus on the true threat, or
will your conscience remind you of all the people you failed to save?

FEATURES:

• Still unplanned, but a certain amount of scenarios, one of them being fully cinematic.

• Custom modding to give an immersive feeling of a unique civilization. And a lot of eye candy.

• Cool sorceror tricks such as fireballs and conjuration.

• A large variety of unique characters, each having their own agenda.

• A thought provoking story with detailed kingdoms, dynasties and religion.

• Orchestral music to lighten up the epic mood. You can expect music from artists like Zack Hemsey, Ramin Djawadi, TSFH, Audiomachine and etc.

• Mods which add creatures such as giants, zombies and
DRAAAAAAAGONS!!!

• A rather big campaign involving various play styles. This includes RPG, Fixed Force and B&D

SCREENSHOTS:

Great Mat River | The Khargs | The Devil's Eye Cavern | The Map of the world |

SCENARIOS

Legend: Completed | Under development | Not started

1) Prologue - The Ancestral Roots | This is a complete introduction into the world itself.

2) Chapter I - The Man in Purple | Focusing on the current timeline, will our heroes manage to escape the opressive rule?

3) Chapter II - Vandetta. | War is truly inevitable. This will be a chance to get your own personal revenge on those who wronged you.

4) Chapter III - The Nympho and The Maiden | To win the war, you must conquer. Will our heroes succeed in their new task of conquering new, foreign lands?

5) Chapter IV - The Old Sword Gone To Rust | The war is ending, and decisive battles must be fought. Shall you emerge victorious?

6) Chapter V - Firelord's Fury | Did you win the war, or the battle? This is where you truly find out what's happening.

7) Epilogue - The Wrathful King | The end. From here on the story will be wrapped up.

Thread to be updated soon.

[This message has been edited by Mike Oxhard (edited 06-05-2016 @ 02:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-24-14 02:27 PM CT (US)     1 / 54  
DRAAAAAAGGGOOOOOONNNNNSSSSSS

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-24-14 02:52 PM CT (US)     2 / 54  
NICE! KUTGW Arnas

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 08-24-14 02:58 PM CT (US)     3 / 54  
Thank you, and I shall.

posted 08-24-14 03:33 PM CT (US)     4 / 54  
Nice thread! I've already heard a lot about this one on Skype, so I look forward to seeing such a great idea get realized

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-24-14 03:53 PM CT (US)     5 / 54  
Awesome project Arnas. I wish you good luck and I'm looking forward to playing it when it's done.
posted 08-24-14 04:11 PM CT (US)     6 / 54  
Thank you, Sam and Possidon! But this will surely take a while. I wish to make it really grandiose and complex, but time will tell.

posted 08-24-14 04:26 PM CT (US)     7 / 54  
I would be surprised if it doesn't take you a long time. My current project has taken almost 4 years to complete, but that was mainly due to me being a bit lazy and doing on-off designing
posted 08-24-14 06:10 PM CT (US)     8 / 54  
If you could post screenshots without those instagram syle effects, that would be great.
posted 08-24-14 06:59 PM CT (US)     9 / 54  
Uhm, is there something particularlty wrong with them?

posted 08-24-14 07:18 PM CT (US)     10 / 54  
Uhm, is there something particularlty wrong with them?
Not for me. I kind of like them that way. It looks nice.

Also, good luck with the project, can't wait to see the finished result!

......▄▄██▌█
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ )¬,|¯ (¬ /-\ |\| |/¬ |\| | (¬ |-| --|--
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀ You're gonna eat lightnin'and you're gonna crap thunder. - Mickey Goldmill from Rockey II
posted 08-25-14 04:23 AM CT (US)     11 / 54  
No, it's just personal preference. I for one, like to see the actual graphics.
posted 08-25-14 04:39 AM CT (US)     12 / 54  
I've added your project to The Forge. Let me know if you want any other information added to it.
posted 08-25-14 04:59 AM CT (US)     13 / 54  
I aswell enjoy these effects. But for the sake of it, I can upload the screenshots without the effects here.

I'll upload them later because my connection doesn't want me to do so at the moment..
Also, good luck with the project, can't wait to see the finished result!
Thank you! I can't wait to see the result aswell.
I would be surprised if it doesn't take you a long time. My current project has taken almost 4 years to complete, but that was mainly due to me being a bit lazy and doing on-off designing
haha, procrastination is the worst thing a designer can face while designing. Well that, and random crashes.
I've added your project to The Forge. Let me know if you want any other information added to it.
Thank you, once I'll do more progress I will give out more things later. As for the information, I have already listed it in the forge.

posted 08-25-14 06:38 AM CT (US)     14 / 54  
The effects are okay as long as theyre not overdone.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-25-14 07:07 AM CT (US)     15 / 54  
The effects are okay as long as theyre not overdone.
Well, are they?

posted 08-25-14 11:33 AM CT (US)     16 / 54  
I usually dont post in other threads because my english is pretty bad, but I like the effects that you are using and I dont think that they are overdone.

Good luck with this
posted 08-25-14 12:12 PM CT (US)     17 / 54  
Some great screenshots you have there!
posted 08-25-14 02:00 PM CT (US)     18 / 54  
Thank you, Dead_End and Jorgito! I shall do more progress once I'm done judging the MGC entries.

posted 08-25-14 05:08 PM CT (US)     19 / 54  
I don't see any problems with your English, Jorgito.

Oh, good luck, Arnas!
posted 08-26-14 02:13 PM CT (US)     20 / 54  
This looks like the kind of thing I would enjoy. Best of luck.

It's great to see all the latest released projects and the ones in progress. This community is still going strong. I might have to reinstall AOK soon!
posted 08-26-14 02:57 PM CT (US)     21 / 54  
Naah, right now the effects are okay.

@Panel Yes, yes you might have to

D E V A S T A T O R

My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 08-26-14 04:01 PM CT (US)     22 / 54  
I can now do more progress now that I'm done judging the MGC entries. Though not today, too tired to do so.
Naah, right now the effects are okay.
Oh, alright.
This looks like the kind of thing I would enjoy. Best of luck.
I'm flattered you think that way. Thank you!
It's great to see all the latest released projects and the ones in progress. This community is still going strong. I might have to reinstall AOK soon!
You should. Though there were few scenarios released this year, there were quite a lot of entries in contests.

posted 09-24-14 10:27 AM CT (US)     23 / 54  
How the project coming along so far Arnas?

posted 09-24-14 11:43 AM CT (US)     24 / 54  
Slowly and secretly making process on the cinematic, though the progress I have done earlier was lost because my PC crashed. But thank god I only lost very minor amount of progress. Either way, thanks for asking!

[This message has been edited by Arnas (edited 09-24-2014 @ 11:45 AM).]

posted 09-27-14 04:49 PM CT (US)     25 / 54  
So I'm slowly doing progress, heres a treat pic.

posted 09-28-14 09:43 AM CT (US)     26 / 54  
Great screen! "burried" should be spelled as "buried", though.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 09-28-14 10:32 AM CT (US)     27 / 54  
Thanks for the heads up, Sam!

posted 10-27-14 05:09 PM CT (US)     28 / 54  
Hey everyone. I think it's time to update this thread a bit. Although I haven't worked on designing all that much, recently the majority of my work was in modding. (Here's a picture of most eye candy mods already ingame.)

But with that said, there's still much too add. and here's a short list of what I've got in mind so far:

1. A bunch of eye candy mods to enhance the feel of a fictonous world.

2. Majority of units added from roman-themed mods, more specificly, the roman units by Sword_of_STORM.

3. Mods that add beasts and monsters. That's right. I'm gonna add monsters, undead, warlocks and etc. from the Reign of Evil mod by, again.. Sword_of_STORM.

4. A lot of enhanced indoor scenes, and if LB gives me permission to use the graphic of the ship interior, then obviously there would be indoor scenes even on deck. What I'm also thinking, is adding taverns and ladders to let you climb to another room.

5. And jousting. But not regular jousting, men jousting on boats on water, trying to poke eachother into a crocodile infested waters. Yep, hopefully I could get this to work...

And that's pretty much it so far, perhaps when I'll have more ideas I'll update this thread once again. Cheers.

posted 10-27-14 05:25 PM CT (US)     29 / 54  
Take some advice:
Atelopea -> Atalopia
Arahnkopea -> Arancopia
Paeyenmyr and Maelogir -> Payanmir and Maglogir
Potaemia -> Potamia
Mattaians -> Matayans

Mattai Nuies -> Seriously. I got nothing. But you get the idea. Spell things simply. Your spellings are incredibly douchy. Dial down on the grandiose and make things just a wee bit accessible. You aren't R. Scott Bakker.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 10-27-14 05:59 PM CT (US)     30 / 54  
The names aren't THAT hard to pronounce. Plus, this is fiction, which means I can name anything however I want to. If I wanted to make the names more simple, I could've gone with english ones or something. Besides, your suggestions look weird to me, and I can't rename literally everything.

[This message has been edited by Arnas (edited 10-27-2014 @ 06:00 PM).]

posted 10-27-14 06:06 PM CT (US)     31 / 54  
Plus, this is fiction, which means I can name anything however I want to.
Ugh. That's so wrong. I need like Julius or Dave Earl or someone to show up to agree with me. :P

Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean. The names are horribly off putting.
I can't rename literally everything.
Why not? You're probably like 1% into this project at this point. Best time to make changes.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king

[This message has been edited by Mr Wednesday (edited 10-27-2014 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 10-28-14 10:36 AM CT (US)     32 / 54  
Ugh. That's so wrong.
How so?
The names are horribly off putting.
Sorry. I just wanted to make them unique.. (And I based them off from Egyptian and Aztec names) :/
Why not? You're probably like 1% into this project at this point. Best time to make changes.
You're kinda right. But I already made planning out of the story, made logos and made this thread. I think it's too late to re-name them now. but for the sake of it, alright. I'll try to make them more simple.

posted 10-28-14 11:11 AM CT (US)     33 / 54  
I have to agree to Matt... I think the ..pea ending is ok, but things like Ate.. or Arahn.. are a bit hard for eye and mind. It's similar to cheap fantasy names (not that I accuse yours of being cheap ones!) rigged with tons of apostrophes, it somehow breaks the reading flow and makes it hard to think of a proper pronunciation. I hope you understand my concern.

And Mattai Nuies... yeah I can't suggest anything either, but "Nuies" is just weird.

Maelogir and Paeyenmyr are fine in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 10-28-2014 @ 01:50 PM).]

posted 10-28-14 01:48 PM CT (US)     34 / 54  
tæmiːa (Not that hard to pronounce...)

Pæjənmyːr (Sounds really finnish after a while )

I like it.

posted 10-28-14 02:39 PM CT (US)     35 / 54  
For the record, I agree with Matt- the names can be interesting, but keep them simple. Since your scenario is done in English (Socratic comment, sorry ), that's how everyone will generally read the names, and from a grammatical/phonetic standpoint, having to stretch a lot to put a sound to a spelling can kill the flow of things.

Don't get me wrong, I love creating interesting names through use of various linguistic roots as well (I personally prefer Nordic and Celtic ones), but it's all about keeping it coherent. If people are confused right off the bat by a bunch of names that don't make sense, then that can set an unfavorable tone for the rest of the scenario. I have to especially agree with regard to Matt and John's point about "Mattai Nuies", which is, to borrow Matt's phrase, a little off-putting.

I think most designers have this phase where in attempting to escape clichés and established norms/canon, overcomplexify their work to try to be different and revolutionary. Over time you learn that this is not a very viable solution.

On another subject, I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress you've made and how the modding affects the design

~ Forgotten Empires ~

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project Announcement: Mattai Nuies.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames