Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project: Whole New World
posted 06-04-16 03:40 AM CT (US)   
Another Tea Story

Welcome to the world of Naskheort...

At the peak of the Teatonic empire, when they were searching for new worlds to conquer, a large group turned their attention to some sort of magic. With this they accidentally transported a large group of people from the Teatonic Empire into another world. Little did they know that this world was a creation based off their own thoughts. Knights and citizens alike were scattered throughout Naskheort and across time. Empires rose and fell, as did rebellions and revolutions. Because as time continues original Teatonic Knights are continually injected into the world, usually in small groups, the First Teatonic Order has survived, and risen to power many times.
The year is 832 and Elias has arrived. The Seventh Teatonic Order controls the Empire, and are at war with Liptonia who rule over the Lyonians. It is time that the First Teatonic Order rose again!

Their are many towns/areas in Naskheort and they all contribute to the Worlds 800 year history. This scenario will be made for the Age of Chivalry: Hegemony mod.

Twining One of the earliest established farming areas with a huge economic influence. Up to half of Ramae's food comes from Twining. Once its own small Kingdom after the Second Order Revolt in 133, but was later suppressed by the Fifth Teatonic Order in 472, and had their army crushed. It's army has been limited by the Empire up until today where you'll find only the sheriff who is the Town's guard, jailer, judge and army.

Progress
Map Design- 100%
Triggers- 99%
Story- 98%
Overall- 99%

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday

[This message has been edited by MrMew (edited 03-04-2017 @ 00:10 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-04-16 04:52 AM CT (US)     1 / 27  
Your scenario design has improved a lot
Just a tip: Try to avoid using *too much* grass 1 terrain, spruce the roads a little bit.
And btw, is it already possible to make scenarios on AOE HD? Last time I checked people said some effects/conditions were buggy.

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 06-04-2016 @ 05:08 AM).]

posted 06-04-16 08:39 AM CT (US)     2 / 27  
I believe that MrMew is using the CD version with the Age of Chivalry: Hegemony mod, not AoE2HD.

This looks quite promising. Screenies look good so far, and it's always nice to see someone post a project thread after having actually done substantial work on their map so that they have things to show. I look forward to seeing your progress!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frćndr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauđan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 06-05-16 02:35 AM CT (US)     3 / 27  
That's right I don't own the HD game. A problem I've encountered is that when I place a merchant it dies upon starting the game, and change ownership to GAIA takes one second. The second screenshot of the waterfall is actually a bad representation of what is there as that is a very old image. The map is only to show where everything is located. This world comes with its own history, much that will come with the scenario, which is completely optional to look at.
Here's some info on another place.

Ramae (rah-may) The traditional economic and political capital of the first colonised area of the Empire. The 5th, 6th and 7th Teatonic Orders have all used it as their capital. Beautiful architecture is glazes the city, which many of the governments have attempted to keep it looking glamorous (there was some exceptions of course). But outside the walls, to the South and South-West, the gritty forsbourg awaits. Less 'official' activities dwell here. The Sevenths have attempted to squash out this cancer of Ramae, but with limited success. The iron fist of the law can be found in the recently refurbished Northern part of the forsbourg.

It's actually quite enjoyable coming up with an entire world, its inhabitants, history and laws.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 06-05-16 08:32 AM CT (US)     4 / 27  
Haha, I know the feeling very well! The biggest challenge, as I've found and I'm sure you will soon enough, is keeping it all within a reasonable scope. I'm sure GRRM can empathize here

Nice new screenshot. I've probably said it before, but it's quite cool to see some new scenarios being made using Chivalry.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frćndr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauđan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 06-05-16 03:06 PM CT (US)     5 / 27  
Agreed. It's cool to see someone using Age of Chivalry.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-08-16 04:40 AM CT (US)     6 / 27  
This looks very nice, MrMew! I particularly like the way in which you combined that house with the Genoese Town Hall.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 06-19-16 05:04 AM CT (US)     7 / 27  

Dilmahaka (Dill-mah-hahk-ah) The basis of the trading town was established towards the end of 215 by the remnants of the Third Teatonic Order. In their frenzied search they found water beneath the ground and settled around wells they dug. They came into contact with the mysterious desert tribes to the North, with whom they began to trade. Once their crimes had been forgotten by the colonies trade became the purpose of the desert town, moving tea to the North, and bringing many exotic goods to the colonies.

Map design has gone well. Most of the left half of the map has been designed.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age

[This message has been edited by MrMew (edited 10-27-2016 @ 11:48 PM).]

posted 06-19-16 08:18 AM CT (US)     8 / 27  
That's a great-looking desert screenshot

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 07-24-16 01:14 AM CT (US)     9 / 27  
A Liptonian fort beside the river on the edge of the plains:

So I've been thinking of calling this Whole New World. Still undecided though. I think I'll have the the towns description/history narrated. So whenever Gen_Rhys reappears from holiday or someone else pops up. Also I won't be writing any AIs for this as I'm hopeless with scripting and its incredibly tedious. But there will be triggers to do that sort of thing.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 07-24-16 07:46 PM CT (US)     10 / 27  
Also I won't be writing any AIs for this as I'm hopeless with scripting and its incredibly tedious. But there will be triggers to do that sort of thing.
Man, it's not that hard... You can just download the 'standard' AI template (for a B&D enemy) and modify it, changing its rules according to the difficulty and so on. If you still don't know some specific commands, just download some B&D campaigns with their AI included and take a look at those.
If your problem is related to taunt based stuff, it's even easier. Just copy and paste an immobile AI and then add the lines you need on it. There are countless templates of such AIs in the blacksmith.
Triggers can't replace AIs... The result is usually pretty messy.

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
posted 10-31-16 02:17 AM CT (US)     11 / 27  
Time for a small update. Progress has suddenly gone shockingly well. Much of the map design is complete, some units needed to be added in still. I've also completed the descriptions for all the city-states. Looking forward to finishing this as I can play around with new ideas. Also could a mod please replace Un-named with Whole New World in the thread title please.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 10-31-16 01:12 PM CT (US)     12 / 27  
Done. Congrats on the progress!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 11-06-16 07:46 AM CT (US)     13 / 27  
hello sorry for intruding, i just wanted to ask a question regarding the amazing map preview at the beginning of the post.

how can i obtain a similar image? is it a feature of AOK HD? or some newer version of TS? thanx
posted 11-06-16 07:59 AM CT (US)     14 / 27  
CTRL + F12 ingame for a full map screenshot. You will want to use Marco Polo cheatcodes first though.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel

[This message has been edited by Devursthaprhor (edited 11-06-2016 @ 07:59 AM).]

posted 03-04-17 00:12 AM CT (US)     15 / 27  
Alright! So anyone around here interested in narrating the description of the city states? Central European accent preferred, but if you're a good narrator hit me up, either here, by my email or on discord.
Also check out that updated progress right there. It's like this might actually get released.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 03-04-17 02:52 AM CT (US)     16 / 27  
I've got a larrikin Australian accent, if you like?

"So over here you've got ol' mate - Ramey - Ramai - Ramsey - in short, sick ****! He's a real battler this one."

[This message has been edited by Mash (edited 03-04-2017 @ 03:53 AM).]

posted 03-04-17 04:19 AM CT (US)     17 / 27  
Yeah us 3 Aussies could do it. "Send us some gold ya drongo!"

Liking your map design, love a good map-shot

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dark_Reign (edited 03-04-2017 @ 04:22 AM).]

posted 03-04-17 06:37 PM CT (US)     18 / 27  
Got a small issue. When testing the scenario I prefer to not play through everything at once so I make a save. However I just found that when loading the save of the test the game crashes. The scenario loads in the editor and doesn't crash on testing. I tried loading and saving through standard game and by making it a campaign, but I have no luck. I'll reinstall AoCh to see if that helps, but has anyone else got any ideas why its crashing on loading save states of a particular scenario? Other games/scenarios load fine.

EDIT: Reinstall didn't work.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age

[This message has been edited by MrMew (edited 03-04-2017 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 03-04-17 07:38 PM CT (US)     19 / 27  
Read THIS recent thread about the same thing and try those methods. Hopefully one of them works for you.

posted 03-04-17 10:29 PM CT (US)     20 / 27  
Might I suggest using a text to speech sw with voice recording for the narration parts.
posted 03-05-17 05:17 PM CT (US)     21 / 27  
Thanks Dark Reign, I did find some corrupted terrain, however something else is causing the crash still. It could be something to do with a certain AoCh yurt though (hopefully).

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 03-05-17 05:19 PM CT (US)     22 / 27  
Have you deleted all the yurts and tried to save/load? Then if it's them narrow it down to which specific yurt is doing it then hopefully you can get your project back on track!

posted 03-05-17 05:34 PM CT (US)     23 / 27  
Well its not the yurt/s. There is one consistent piece of corrupted terrain, the other two bits only appeared once. I have no clue whats wrong with it, maybe AoCh becomes unstable with certain units or too many of certain units.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 03-06-17 01:39 AM CT (US)     24 / 27  
Have you tried a "map only" copy of your scen.? You can narrow it down if you keep eliminating things. Even to the point of removing a player at a time.

posted 03-11-17 10:18 PM CT (US)     25 / 27  
The reasons for the crash remains elusive, its seems to be all over the map. It works if I map copy over the entire thing, but even with halves it doesn't. I might 'finish' the scenario and then upload it and possibly go back to fixing later, as well as adding fixes anyone reports a problem.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 03-28-17 06:58 AM CT (US)     26 / 27  
Some form of the scenario has been released. Hopefully I'll fix it one day, but onto more fruitful endeavors...

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=12919

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
posted 04-23-17 02:09 AM CT (US)     27 / 27  
I believe I found a fix. Copy the entire map into a new scenario. Got that idea from someone in the ToME thread. Can I copy all my triggers over using Trigger Studio?

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project: Whole New World
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames