You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Take a look back in time: ESO and Age of Mythology, Dot Com.
posted 23 November 2014 02:43 AM EDT (US)   
Go to this page. https://archive.org/web/
Type in www.eso.com. Click browse history.
Pick an early date.
Let the fun begin. If you see an ES logo, click it to go to the homepage.
This stuff is amazing!!! There are screenshots, player statistics, and even still downloads and videos which you can access!
It's a heartbreak I was only 9-10 years old when this game came out, and wasn't around for all the hype. Looking at this now really makes me feel I can go back in time and experience it, and I hope it does the same for you.

Don't forget to type in www.microsoft.com/games/ageofmythology too.

But eso.com is the main attraction.

There is something in here for everyone. Links to everything Age of Mythology, some leading to other sophisticated websites. It's how I've found planetageofmythology.com

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 11-23-2014 @ 02:55 AM).]

Replies:
posted 23 November 2014 05:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
- Old Egyptian Market (Based off of the one from AoE Beta)
- Old Grass, Reed and Bush Short Models
- Egyptian Stable
- Misc Well Object (I'm sure this could be seen somewhere in the AGDC Videos)
- Original Flag
- 3D Farm
- Original Outpost
- Villagers, Egyptian Bowmen, Beta Camelry, Egyptian Scout.
- Camel Caravan
- Beta Amanra
- Beta Town Centre

OH THOSE PALM TREES, I'M EXPLODING!

- Beta Town Centre
- Beta Catapult
- Beta Shrines (Raven, Stag and Odin)
- 3D Farm
- Beta Norse Granary
- Beta Market

Oh and before you say "ES REPLACED THE GRANARIES AND STOREHOUSES WITH OXCARTS!" when ox carts were first around, here is why they both appear:

Ox Carts allowed the Norse to continually be on the move with their resource gathering, the Granary and Storehouse were kept for the ability to research Food, Wood and Gold Technologies.

I chose these screenshots because of their rarity and how close they were to the Disk Preview (The Disk given to HG in November) meaning that everything seen in those screenshots will most likely be on the disk.

To be honest when I first went onto www.microsoft.com/games/ageofmythology in 2006 and saw those buildings I automatically Wanted to play that game, I was kind of dissapointed when the buildings from the demo looking nothing like the greek home and egypt home ones.

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)

[This message has been edited by TheBronyKing11 (edited 11-23-2014 @ 05:40 AM).]

posted 28 November 2014 10:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
It's a heartbreak I was only 9-10 years old when this game came out, and wasn't around for all the hype. Looking at this now really makes me feel I can go back in time and experience it, and I hope it does the same for you.
Could you imagine if we knew then what we know now? We'd be genius's! Imagine the types of scenarios that would have been made! Oh well, I'm just grateful this got a HD remake tbh ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 14 December 2014 10:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
I bought this game for some ten bucks for my older sister for Christmas. She finished the game in one day and never played it again. I, however fell in love with it, and even now, it is tied for my favorite, with HaloCE and Age of Wonders.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Take a look back in time: ESO and Age of Mythology, Dot Com.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames