Bottom
Topic Subject: Scenario Showcase: Count Dracula
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02 March 2004 11:19 AM EDT (US)   
Count Dracula

By EazY_Ben (or Ben_)

Now Out!!!!

Download it here!

It was so tempting. The diamond was just sitting there, in the shop. The jeweller had just gone out of the room, it seemed the perfect opportunity. You Grabbed the diamond, and at that exact moment, two members of Gormines armed gaurds came round the corner, and you had the largest and most valuable diamond known to man in your hands. They looked at you, and started closing in. You looked from side to side, trying to see if there was a safe exit. The gaurds were getting closer, and were blocking the only way out, apart from the chimney. You lept towards the empty fire place, the diamond still in your hands. Putting the diamond into your leather pouch, you held onto the first rung on the chimney. And with all your might, you climbed. You were very far up the chimney before the gaurds were at the bottom. But still you climbed.
When you got the top, you could see the roofs of all Gormines houses. You ran over the roof of the house you had just been in, and threw yourself on to the next. By that time, the gaurds had caught up and were just coming out of the chimney. You knew that if you were caught, exile would be the lightest charge. You ran on, but your tired legs gave way and at that moment you tripped over and fell down the three storys to the pebbled path below. You didn't remember anything else after that....

As you had guessed, exile was the lightest charge. The ship left the port of Gormine early that morning. As the shore got further and further away, the more you and more you realized that you would miss it.

Three weeks past beofore you arrived at your destination, the terrorized land of Hagdan. Legend has it that a terrible blood-sucking vampire, that goes by the name of Count Dracula, has been killing and terrorising this land for many centurys. What would be there?
You were given a map when you were thrown ashore.
'The only way you'll ever go back to Gormine is if you kill Dracula!' smirked the gaurds as they threw you off the ship.

The map says that there is a town called Betheran, you must go there to find shelter and work. Good Luck.

Progress: 100%
Release Date: Now out!

Screenshots:

Draculas Castle

Ogarn the Troll

Wise old Man

Download at:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2723

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 03-21-2004 @ 06:04 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02 March 2004 11:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
Cool, did you post this on MM, I remember seeing it somewhere?

GODReunited
KMM :: SGG :: DMC (Coming Soon)
MM :: MMF
Contact your local mapper at...
dwarphy@hotmail.com
ESO Rating

posted 02 March 2004 11:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
I posted this in the upcoming projects section a while ago..yer..

@ More screenies coming soon!

posted 02 March 2004 01:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
It is good but i was thinking that you could reproduce the historical side, not a fictional one.
posted 02 March 2004 01:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
Hey, I could someone do me a Dracula (vampire, bloodsucking monster) Mod? That would be cool. Of course you will recieve credit.

@What do you mean by historical? Dracula is a fictional story. Do you mean like close to the book?

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 03-02-2004 @ 01:33 PM).]

posted 02 March 2004 03:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
I mean the history. The events occured in Wallachia and Moldovia at 1467 AD....when the Romanians were under the ruleship of Vlad Tepes Dracul, the impaler. The fear of the Turks.
posted 03 March 2004 11:31 AM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
Oh i see what you mean now. No. In england, there are many books about a legendary bloodsucking monster, Dracula. The story, obviously, has come out of what you have just stated above. But, this will be fictional.
posted 03 March 2004 12:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
just to fill you in on some facts.

Vlad "Dracul" Tepes was his name, Dracul in romanian means either "The Devil" or "The Dragon", he got the Dracul name because his father was in the order of the dragon, and Dracula literally means "Son of the dragon" indicating that his father was a member of the order.

in his life he was a great (although sometimes very very mean) person, who had values and unlike other leaders of the time, was totalitarian about them and anyone who broke these values was punished, usually by death or a very painful lesson. His kingdom was the safest one around in its time, Vlad even left a very valuable Golden goblet in the middle of town next to a well, the rules were ANYBODY (even peasants) could remove the cup from its stand and use it to drink from the well, but if theyw ere to steal it he would punish them......and you know what.....in all his years of rule......it was NEVER stolen not once.

What happened to this great leader you might ask (who succesfully prevented what is now Romania being invaded by turks.

Accounts Vary.....he was either struck by an enemy arrow, or his own side (or even assasinated) and died. his body is now buried near a monastary in romania which i plan on visiting, and it has been proven by scientists that his body is still there.

So no, Vlad Draul Tepes (AKA Dracula in his time) ISNT the same person as Bram stoker wrote about, BUT he did use some similarities.

sorry for the long post bt there were several reasons.

1. Often a misconseption.
2. Godo for anyone who wants to make a scen about the real dracula
3. im descended from romanians and HATE when people mix up possibly THE greatest leader ever with some fictional bloodsucker

posted 03 March 2004 01:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
Fair enough.
An interesting story, but this is about the fictional character.
posted 03 March 2004 03:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
sounds great! gl!

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 03 March 2004 03:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 41  

Quote:

he was either struck by an enemy arrow, or his own side (or even assasinated) and died.

Actually, the rumors of his devilness was spread around so much that the Orthodox Christian Church, aided by the Turks, judged and condemned Vlad to death. He was stuck at a cross, like Jesus Christ and was executed by breaking his heart with a big wooden spike.....

posted 04 March 2004 10:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
how pleasent...

well in this, you get to kill him :P

posted 05 March 2004 12:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
I cant wait for this!

GODReunited
KMM :: SGG :: DMC (Coming Soon)
MM :: MMF
Contact your local mapper at...
dwarphy@hotmail.com
ESO Rating

posted 06 March 2004 02:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
Thanks...

Can anyone do a Dracula mod..? They will recieve credit...

posted 06 March 2004 03:01 PM EDT (US)     14 / 41  
CANT WAIT until it comes out!
BTW: Excellent terrain mixing in the last screenie posted

-=Skycat=-
posted 06 March 2004 09:24 PM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
*walks in* Anyone need a Dracula mod?
Sure, I'll do it. Just like the old Matrix days
posted 06 March 2004 09:37 PM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
Dont forget that the vampire stories started up because Vlad would impale his enemies and drink their blood after every battle

VergiL
The Fora Augusta
"Hey bastards, knock knock" - Sarge
"Ha, piss on that, I'm bringing a ma-cha-te!" - Putman, Club Dread
posted 07 March 2004 06:18 AM EDT (US)     17 / 41  

Quote:

*walks in* Anyone need a Dracula mod?
Sure, I'll do it. Just like the old Matrix days

Yay! I was gonna e-mail you anyway but..thanks!

Just like the old matrix days

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 03-07-2004 @ 11:43 AM).]

posted 10 March 2004 02:29 PM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
Will you still be doing the mod waveslave?

posted 10 March 2004 06:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 41  
Yep Just a, like, traditional Dracula or do you have something different in mind?
posted 11 March 2004 02:42 AM EDT (US)     20 / 41  

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

posted 11 March 2004 07:48 AM EDT (US)     21 / 41  
BTW: Ben, will you put my scenario on the upcoming projects of MM? (name: Siege of Atlantis) Thx

-=Skycat=-
posted 11 March 2004 10:22 AM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
Waveslave: The Bloodsucking monster Dracula...:P

Could you model it on Hades shade plz...I have put a few triggers in for the shade. Thanks!

@Skycat: Sure thing!

[This message has been edited by EazY_Ben (edited 03-11-2004 @ 10:24 AM).]

posted 11 March 2004 11:00 AM EDT (US)     23 / 41  
Thanks Ben!

-=Skycat=-
posted 11 March 2004 09:04 PM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
just mod the lampade that would be good.
posted 13 March 2004 09:52 AM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Showcase: Count Dracula
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames