Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Liquid Fire Studios' Legends of the Third Age
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 23 December 2006 10:45 AM EDT (US)   

In the hazy memories of the Second Age, the dark lord Sauron deceived the Free Peoples of Middle-earth, taking advantage of their greed by giving each race a number of powerful Rings. Each Ring of Power was tied to Sauron's own ring, the One Ring, and in turn each race's fate was tied to him. Sauron failed to realize that not all beings were as selfish as he, and the Free Peoples attacked his fortress in Mordor. The Second Age ended with that battle, the Battle of Dagorlad, and the fall of Barad-Dûr where Sauron was defeated and the One Ring was taken by Isildur, son of the king of men. However, the Ring was not to remain with him. It had a mind of its own, and soon fate brought the Ring to a mysterious and dark creature. For five hundred years Gollum was to hold the Ring, and the Ring would become his 'precious'. Unexpectedly though, the Ring was picked up during a certain Hobbit's adventure, Bilbo Baggins' adventure. Years passed and the old Hobbit decided it was time he moved away and passed all his possessions, including the Ring, on to his favourite nephew, Frodo Baggins. But the Ring had something else in mind. It needed to get back to its master, the Dark Lord, Sauron. You live in the prime years of the War of the Ring. The Second Age ended with Sauron's death; only you can decide if the Third Age will end the same way.

Now, get ready to experience first-hand the incredible power of the forces of Mordor. Guide the Fellowship through endless caverns, across hostile lands, and through ceaseless hoards of Orcs. The Fellowship, though, is only the beginning. Lead the great armies of the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth as they battle Sauron on every front. The power of Wizards, Elves, Dwarfs, Hobbits and Kings are at your disposal with every battle leading up to the final moment at the gaping maw of Mount Doom!

Sixty-nine years ago, between the harsh wars of the world, a great and epic adventure started taking shape in the mind of a most admirable creative novelist. J. R. R Tolkien’s first ideas for The Lord of the Rings began to be materialized. Eighteen years on the story would be published and read by millions of people across the globe, achieving the title ‘Masterpiece’.

The modders and mappers of the Age of Mythology Modder/Mapper Clan, now merged into Liquid Fire Studios, have already given you a taste of The Lord of the Rings with Legends of the Third Age: The Fellowship of the Ring, which has already gotten almost 9,000 downloads from the members of AoM Heaven. Now prepare for an even bigger adventure as Legends of the Third Age will merge with Stephen Caines' much-debated Age of Middle-earth. Besides the Lord of the Rings campaign, you will be able to set up random maps, pitching Elves, Dwarves, Men, Hobbits and Orcs against each other. Each of these extraordinary cultures has its unique buildings and units. Even those who have knowledge beyond the movies and books will find familiarities in the amazing number of technologies and beings to worship, train or tame.

The contributors of this project are available here to answer your questions. This includes members of Liquid Fire Studios and members who merged from the Age Of Mythology Modder/Mapper Clan. Please keep questions logical, on-topic, and without repetition. This thread is available here on AoM Heaven, AoM Files, Through the Ages and Liquid Fire Studios’ discussion forums. You can also email Guardian of Isis [=guardianofisis(at)hotmail(dot)com] if you have queries not being answered to.

==========================

Spearheading this project are:
RiderOfEternity and Gaurdian_112 - Liquid Fire Studios Leaders
EazY_Ben - Project Leader
Dnas - Lead Modder
Guardian of Isis - Lead Scenario Designer

Screenshots
Note: The screenshots from The Two Towers and Return of the King are all beta and will most likely still be edited in some way as the project progresses.

Cinematics
Defense of Osgiliath
Edoras by GoI
Edoras by Oscar
Entmoot
Army of Isengard
Flight to the Ford
Forest of the Greenleaves (1)
Forest of the Greenleaves (2)
Helm's Deep
Minas Morgul
Minas Tirith by Oscar (1)
Minas Tirith by Oscar (2)
The Grey Havens

Ingame
A Long Expected Party (1)
A Long Expected Party (2)
A Long Expected Party (3)
A Long Expected Party (4)
Fall of Sauron (1)
Fall of Sauron (2)
Fall of Sauron (3)
Moria (1)
Moria (2)

News

23rd December 2006: EDIT: Download the trailer now!
- High res
- Low res

Currently, we are looking for some mappers to help where they can - be it touching up triggers or making a single new scenario entirely. Also, if any modder (perhaps without the obligation of having to join the team) would accept the task of making us a unit for The Two Towers or The Return of the King, it would be very much appreciated. Everyone who helps out, will be credited in our long list of helpers.

11th March 2007: The media section has been updated with 22 screenshots from all 3 campaigns.

14th April 2007: A beta of the Age of Middle-earth and Legends of the Third Age merger has been finished. This means that the team is getting closer to making the project more interesting for playing both the campaigns and Lord of the Rings random maps, with the 4 civilizations of Middle-earth! A lot of credit for this goes to the productive Stephen Caines, who did most of the merger work and created a whole new perspective on integrating Lord of the Rings into Age of Mythology.

• Me = Guardian of Isis/The God of Gods.
  • All my projects are Kronos' Revenge (DL), Dark City (DL), Legends of the Third Age (FotR) | (TTT: 99%) | (RotK: On hold).
  • Check my Site and Guestbook.

MEMBER OF LIQUID FIRE STUDIOS
  • [This message has been edited by The God of Gods (edited 04-14-2007 @ 06:43 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 23 December 2006 11:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 67  
    Hey

Isnt someone called God of wolves helping you? Good work, looks fantastic.

posted 23 December 2006 12:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 67  
    Nice one GoI.

Yeah, we are in need of a few more mappers here and there - alot of us have very little time on our hands and many mappers (once again) have disappeared completely.

posted 23 December 2006 12:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 67  
    Good luck with this, it is unfortunate that I will have to pronounce my resignation soon, but until then.. I'll try to get the time to help make more contents for my parts on this project before I leave for good..

Until then, see ya and have a great break and Merry Christmas...

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    {|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
    posted 23 December 2006 12:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 67  
    God of wolves is my cousin
    you need mappers? I might help.

EDIT:

Is this gonna be like a total convertion?
    so like greeks will be men, norse dwarves etc?
    If so thats cool, but you will need to make a enite new civ. For random map playing.

[This message has been edited by Emperor Maswel (edited 12-23-2006 @ 12:38 PM).]

posted 23 December 2006 12:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 67  
    Great! Can you work with triggers? If so, just come over to the LFS forum and show us a screenshot or 2 so we know your qualities and then we'll consider letting you in the team.

• All my projects are Kronos' Revenge (DL), Dark City (DL), Legends of the Third Age (FotR) | (TTT: 99%) | (RotK: On hold).

• posted 23 December 2006 12:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 67  
    Sure, triggers are no problem aslong as they aint TOO complicated >_( Mind im not good at all at QVs.
    posted 23 December 2006 12:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 67  
    No problems then. Work your magic on some eye-candy to show off to us.

• posted 23 December 2006 12:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 67  
    kk, lol , so where should i post them when im done
    posted 23 December 2006 02:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 67  
    Wow! Sounds good. The Fellowship of the Ring was great. Thank God AoM isn't a popular game, so you guys don't get shut down by Tolkien Offices/ Estate like what happened to a Elderscrolls 3 mod a couple years ago.

<<<!HEADSHOT!>>>
    >>>------------> = >>>------------>
    Thou who oppose the Ohio State University, shall not live to feel thy shame of losing.
    - Steve the Pirate
    In Football terms:
    OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!
    posted 23 December 2006 03:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 67  
    ^Wow, they actually did that? What a stupid way to limit people's creativity with an already existing story!

@Emperor Maswel: Register here or post screenshots as a guest - don't know if you can do that though.

EDIT: The trailer is uploaded! View the main post for the link. The high and low res versions are in the downloads section.

• [This message has been edited by The God of Gods (edited 12-23-2006 @ 03:33 PM).]

posted 23 December 2006 03:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 67  
    Wow! This looks awesome!

I can't wait for the release!

Exilian Patrician
    | SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
    posted 23 December 2006 04:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 67  
    i had an look at the scenario its so cool how you made new civs....greeks=men....dwarves(and hobits and fellowship lol)were egyptian i think andmordor were aty realy cool but mostly the mods made my eyes rop out and for an rating i would probably give an 100+ but you cant lol.....ps this is the best evva and i like the walls of both minastirith and rohan so keep up the good work....will we be ablle to play it?

hi im INFURNOMAN on eso..your an monkey..if ya make guild warz and dont ask me to test it first i will strangle you alive and ake credit in your work....im an un pro m.m but an pro m.e.so any maps that need fixing must come to me aswell so ...*looks away*hhhhhph
    posted 23 December 2006 06:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 67  
    I looooove the trailer!

(¯`·._.·[DEATHMAN RTS NL]·._.·´¯)

check out the demo of Ghost ahoy 4.4
    posted 23 December 2006 08:15 PM EDT (US)     14 / 67  
    great stuf

Honourary Mention in the 2006 Pretty Town Contest
    A Unique Age of Mythology Experience:
    A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 23 December 2006 08:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 67  
    Looks very promising! Looking forward to the new civs, the buildings look very detailed.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
    ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
    Member since May 5th, 2003
    posted 23 December 2006 09:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 67  
    Downloaded the trailer. Looks great. =)

-[Hello..
    posted 24 December 2006 05:21 AM EDT (US)     17 / 67  
    Great trailer

@Son_Of_The_King

Have you quit A Soldier's Life? Cause Its been postponed until you reply...

posted 24 December 2006 05:27 AM EDT (US)     18 / 67  

Quote:

will we be ablle to play it?

Of course! You'll be able to live the story of the One Ring (FotR has already been released) in the campaign and in the random maps, there'll be 4 selectable civs. Men, Elves, Dwarves (and the Hobbit and the Fellowship indeed ) and Orcs. But it all still needs a lot of work to make it optimal.

Quote:

Is this gonna be like a total convertion?
    so like greeks will be men, norse dwarves etc?
    If so thats cool, but you will need to make a enite new civ. For random map playing.

View my above comment and the trailer.

@Deathman: Don't forget you're part of this thing. :P

• [This message has been edited by The God of Gods (edited 12-24-2006 @ 05:28 AM).]

posted 24 December 2006 08:11 AM EDT (US)     19 / 67  
    I know, but i have some problems with my new graphicscard and AoM. AoM does not support your graphicscard and must be shut down..... :S

posted 24 December 2006 10:40 AM EDT (US)     20 / 67  
    WTF? The problems just keep on coming for you, don't they? :O

• posted 24 December 2006 03:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 67  
    yeah, i hate myself!

posted 28 December 2006 05:44 AM EDT (US)     22 / 67  

Quote:

Zeus174 - Publicist

Still?

Anyway, this new turn seems great. Good luck on your project.

Sweet baby maizes!
    posted 28 December 2006 06:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 67  

Quote:

Zeus174 - Publicist

Why isnt Zeus posting this thread?

Reinfire
    --Retired Scenario Designer--
    Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
    posted 29 December 2006 06:08 AM EDT (US)     24 / 67  
    when is this coming out?
    also; i have a good knowledge of the battles of Midlle-earth (well; Minas tirith and Helms Deep) and i can be of help
    posted 29 December 2006 03:32 PM EDT (US)     25 / 67  
    Hey The God of Gods I could help making some mods, I'm really good to modify the models, you like idea
    I wait with anxiety to play with this fantastic campaign, and when you will publish this extraordinary campaign, I will be the first one to make a review.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Liquid Fire Studios' Legends of the Third Age
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames