Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Design Resources and 'Welcome' Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 16 April 2007 02:25 AM EDT (US)   
For scenario design resources, scroll down.
Everything in this thread is based on the work of King Jared.

Welcome to AoMH!

So. First of all, to all of the forum newcomers, on behalf of HG, welcome to AoMH.
We hope that you have a pleasant stay, but there are several rules to live by, these can be found here, in the Code of Conduct (CoC for short). Be sure to at least scan it over: If you don’t it might have unpleasant consequences such as official warnings, and after that, bans.
Of course, or forum is also equipped with some special features, such as BB code, editing posts, signatures… and so on. It’s definitely a good idea to learn how to use them. Thus, be sure to read over the Forum FAQ. It can greatly improve things like showcases, announcements, and even just ordinary text.
Since this the Scenario Design section, we suspect you are here to create scenarios and game modifications, we would also like to give you some tips:
    If you are completely new, we suggest you just start in the editor itself, just click some buttons, open some menus, and just place something down to create something, it really doesn’t matter what.
    Of course, even the best designers need help at times, and we to provide this for you. Our Scenario Design Library (also found here for non-expansion pack players) has a great deal of guides, and further down there is a complete description of all places that provide useful information or you could try the search function at the bottom the thread list. (Click the link for a picture). If you perform a search, be sure to remember to not be too specific in your searches, this will give less results. Instead, try to think of one or two words that generalizes your query. You can also try to search the Downloads section. Many people have submitted helpful articles, lists and references.
    If you still can’t find the information you need, you can ask your question here, and somebody will answer it for you as soon as possible. If you still fail to find your answer in reasonable time (a day or two), you can post a thread so more people see your question.

Scenario Design Resources

Scenario Design Library

A list of guides

Designer Biographies

Design Teams

CityDesigns
One of the newer design outlets and in its infancy, City Designs is a new scenario design team that focuses on designing for the "Age of" games such as Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 3 (hopefully with CSO soon) we also plan on having an AoE3 clan aswell.
- Leader: Kronos_EXE

DemiGod-DesignTeam
DemiGod_DesignTeam has opened up in 2007, and is and well be accepting member indefinitely. Feel free to sign-up. At DemiGod-DesignTeam you join today and starting creation tommorrow!
- Leader: DemiGod_Ruben

Dragon Gaming Design Network
One of the most Legendary and oldest Scenario Designing teams there is. A great atmosphere, peaceful surroundings and friendly members, DGDN is all you can hope for in a Scenario Design Team and more.
- Members: ArcticWind7, Khan&Steak

Hyena Studios
Hyena Studios was founded in 2003 as a scenario design team for Age of Empires II and random map scripting team for Age of Mythology. Since then Hyena Studios expanded its design and creations to utility programming, music compositions/creations and movie creations for the Age series, but also for standalone.
- Leader: M0nTy_PyTh0n

Liquid Fire Studios
Liquid Fire Studios is a warm team of enthusiastic scenario designers, modders and musicians. Already bringing you masterpieces such as Legends of the Third Age, Incident-39, Birthright and Project "Extremely Happy". With three years of experience, we are now one of the older studios and have a strong leadership making for a very secure and ever-evolving team. We combine this with a large emphasis on working as a team, whether by playtesting or helping each other out with their work, in order to create the greatest projects.
Previously we were an invite-only team. But if you feel up to it, you can now apply to join at any time; just click Contact Us or go to our forum.
- Leaders: RiderOfEternity (flammaboi@gmail.com) and Gaurdian_112 (scooter_logical@hotmail.com)

Modsmith Studios
Texturer? Modeler? Coder? Even Scenario Designer with an eye for Mods? Modsmith Studios is the place for you! Specializing in mods, and recently moving into designing Scenarios for them, Modsmith Studios has given you acclaimed modpacks such as The 3D Farm, which is online compatible, The Sasirbak and The Wild Horse. Modsmith Studios is active and closely-knit, focusing on Teamwork instead of Rank, and works together to accomplish and release great mods. If you're not a team player, this isn't the place for you.
Don't mod at all? Hang out in the Community Forum, discuss AoM Strategies, play in the Never-Ending-Story Game, show off your Graphics and much more!
- Co-Leaders: Petar Tasev (tasev, current alias: "Batman"), Sir Dundo (Dude12345)

Pictcore Studio's Design Team
We are a new team but we are planning to be vary good and we are now accepting applications to be a member, to do so please visit are website and read the info on the home page. The leader listed here is the founder but we will all be rank according to activity please read more on this on the home page of are website.
- Leader: Echostar_X

Purple Design Studios "Quality never goes out of style."
Purple Design Studios is a professional design institution specializing in the modification of real-time strategy games. Since June of 2006, our team of avid designers has strived to raise the standards of modification and made strides on various levels of achievement. We constantly make an effort to challenge ourselves by venturing into untouched corners of game alteration, specifically catering to the Age of Mythology community. Our projects are hailed for their excellence and attention to detail. Our array of high-quality modifications were created for the satisfaction of the community in the hopes that downloaders would embrace the content and choose to continue to download our projects, which you can read about here. For comments, questions and project requests and even just to hang out, we welcome you to visit our forums. If you're a dedicated designer looking for a friendly team-driven environment, you are more than welcome to apply for membership, granting you access to our many member forums, projects and the ability to work in a motivated environment. Whether you specialize in eye candy, triggering, texture art, programming, 3D art or animation, you will always have a place on our team.

You can visit us at www.purpledesignstudios.com
Forums Projects Academy
- Leader The Purple People Eater
- Modification Department Head The God of Mods
- Scenario Design Department Head Urgwaine

Ragnarok Design Studios
(We also have a forum HERE)
Since November 2009, this design team have been creating wonderful additions to Age of Mythology and give it a new perspective. As a professional design team, we strive to create marvels, and with our teamwork, we are able to do so. We each take our bit to perfect our work, and soon enough we are able to send it out into the open for your gaming eyes.
Our official email: RagnarokDesignStudios@hotmail.com

- Leader: PoleRBear

Six Flags RTS Design Team
Dead, but still with loads of interesting projects

Spike Productions
We are a new design team dedicated to the unique AoM scenario editor. We strive to be the best and friendliest team out there. Through thick and thin we will stick together and help our fellow members with anything they may need. We accept fairly new designers and professionals alike. We treat all members the same and are very strict on what you say to a fellow member. We are determined to release the best projects out there and hope to become well known. We are Spike Productions!
- Leader(s): HawkeZ(ShadowedSkull)

Tsunami Studios
One of the most famous and oldest Real Time Strategy scenario design teams, founded by Inquizative in 1999. The team has come a long way since then and had many credits to their title, including several "Best of" projects for various games. Tsunami Studios has active members in Age of Kings, Age of Mythology, Empires, and Stronghold and will move also into Age of Empires 3. Only the best Artists and Designers are invited to join this elite organisation. Tsunami Studios will continue to put forth epic projects and scenarios as time progresses. Tsunami Studios has released more than over 200 projects for the various game titles and even more will be released in the future. The university of Tsunami Studios is called the Tsuniversity. The Tsuniversity (TSU) is a unique online university dedicated to scenario design, and a comprehensive library of articles, tutorials, and resources for scenario designers.
- Leader: newIdea

If you would like to add or modify your team's description, simply post a reply to this thread indicating as such, with your description included. Remember to use the following format when posting a team description:

[b][url=http://www.yourteamwebsite.com]Your Team's Name[/url][/b]
    [whisper]Insert a description of reasonable length here.
    [b][i]- Leader(s): Name #1, Name #2, etc.[/i][/b][/whisper]

The description should indicate a bit about your team's history, the atmosphere, games you design for, notable projects, and/or anything else you'd care to mention.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 04-18-2010 @ 09:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 16 April 2007 02:38 AM EDT (US)     1 / 178  
OH YEAH! First post!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 16 April 2007 02:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 178  
do we really need this thread?

A green great dragon.
posted 16 April 2007 02:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 178  
do we really need this thread?

It's simply a merge of two older threads by KJ.
If there is anything you would like to suggest, please do.

No matter what you say
posted 16 April 2007 11:14 AM EDT (US)     4 / 178  
Hey I guess I should add Modsmith Studios to the list.

Modsmith Studios
Texturer? Modeler? Coder? Even Scenario Designer with an eye for Mods? Modsmith Studios is the place for you! Specializing in mods, and recently moving into designing Scenarios for them, Modsmith Studios has given you acclaimed modpacks such as The 3D Farm, which is online compatible, The Sasirbak and The Wild Horse. Modsmith Studios is active and closely-knit, focusing on Teamwork instead of Rank, and works together to accomplish and release great mods. If you're not a team player, this isn't the place for you.

Don't mod at all? Hang out in the Community Forum, discuss AoM Strategies, play in the Never-Ending-Story Game, show off your Graphics and much more!

-Co-Leaders: Petar Tasev (tasev, current alias: "Batman"), Sir Dundo (Dude12345)

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
/¯¯¯¯\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/¯¯¯¯\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\_/
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\______/¯¯\--/¯¯¯\--/¯¯\______/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../

[This message has been edited by Sir Dundo (edited 04-16-2007 @ 11:18 AM).]

posted 16 April 2007 11:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 178  
You can't be serious about the official HG mat.

A green great dragon.
posted 16 April 2007 11:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 178  
What?
Why not?

I am not cutting her. She is AoMH welcome tradition.

And I added Modsmith by the way. Good luck to your team

No matter what you say
posted 16 April 2007 11:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 178  
Thanks.

I know we're not exactly new, but I forgot to post MS here.

posted 16 April 2007 11:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 178  
I actually forgot you too

Really sorry about that. I didn't realize that you weren't on the list.
I blame the fact that you have been here too long

No matter what you say
posted 16 April 2007 12:05 PM EDT (US)     9 / 178  
LOL.

Well I can't blame you.

We didn't even post an announcement thread for Modsmith Studios. Oh well.

posted 17 April 2007 04:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 178  
Vivid Designs
Vivid Designs is an advanced design team for Age of Mythology, spawning from the now defunct Archdesigner Syndicate. We integrate many of the values and systems that worked so well in The Archdesigner Syndicate to create an enjoyable, creative learning area for those who wish to excel in the AOM designing world. Lead by two (rather sexy, in my opinion) former Archdesigner Syndicate staff, Vivid Designs plans to lift the standards of scenario design to a new level and create dozens of innovative, interesting maps. With your help, we may be able to achieve this!
- Leader(s): Juturna (TombiTs), Sonorous (Jakwarrior)

Copied straight from the showcase! Nice thread Paper.

posted 17 April 2007 05:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 178  
Never mind, problem fixed.

A green great dragon.

[This message has been edited by Two_ace_u (edited 04-18-2007 @ 00:27 AM).]

posted 17 April 2007 07:13 AM EDT (US)     12 / 178  
Lol, it's not explicit, it's just a girl that looks like she's kissing the air.

Honourary Mention in the 2006 Pretty Town Contest
A Unique Age of Mythology Experience:
A Trip to Talos
It's f*cking awesome
posted 17 April 2007 09:40 AM EDT (US)     13 / 178  
So Your saying that perving on Keira Knightley, is Aomh tradition. Can you change it to something else other then explicit content?

I am glad you understand. Yep, perving on Keira Knightley is indeed AoMH tradition.

On a more serious note, I don't think it's explict content. But I don't know your background and your beliefs, and I hope you are not offended by the picture.

I am keeping it in, it's just a joke

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 04-17-2007 @ 09:43 AM).]

posted 17 April 2007 10:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 178  
Keira Knightly is so frickin' hot. Two_ace_u is clearly homosexual.
posted 17 April 2007 11:29 AM EDT (US)     15 / 178  
...Right then.. Let's not spam... :|

posted 17 April 2007 11:52 AM EDT (US)     16 / 178  
Never mind problem fixed.

A green great dragon.

[This message has been edited by Two_ace_u (edited 04-18-2007 @ 00:28 AM).]

posted 17 April 2007 12:00 PM EDT (US)     17 / 178  
So your saying i am gay, because i complained about a picture that has been offencive to my religion.

Don't you ever try to force your incorrect religious ideals upon us any further. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

posted 17 April 2007 12:09 PM EDT (US)     18 / 178  
Technically you could put the site that hosts the Image on the block-list, so you won't see it anymore.. I think I'll go do that in fact.

EDIT: Woops, accidentally blocked Heavengames.. :/

Scratch that idea..

[This message has been edited by Sir Dundo (edited 04-17-2007 @ 12:18 PM).]

posted 17 April 2007 12:42 PM EDT (US)     19 / 178  
You can block the picture, that's much better than the whole site

A Trip to Talos
It's f*cking awesome
posted 17 April 2007 12:59 PM EDT (US)     20 / 178  
i don't know my religion much, but all i know is that picture is offencive towards my religion in a rule which states the viewing of "the bodies art".

Like I said, I am sorry for that, and like Sir Dundo and Urgwaine said, you can block the picture.
I am still keeping the pic, it has been here at AoMH since 11-24-05 without any complaints, just laughs.
I really don't feel like removing the pic for somebody's religious ideals, because that can easily lead to more demands, and also freedom of expression might suffer from it, which is clearly something HG finds important:
It's actually part of the CoC's Principle Guidelines
http://forums.heavengames.com/support/tos.shtml

If anyone wants to debate this some more, feel free to start a topic in the Halls or the library. You can of course always e-mail me, but I am trying to stay out of these debates, so I prefer if you didn't.
At least let this thread be used in proper way: To welcome new agers.

No matter what you say
posted 18 April 2007 00:30 AM EDT (US)     21 / 178  
Problem fixed, I edited my posts.
what about Eazy, claiming me as gay, and claiming my religion is incorrect?

A green great dragon.
posted 18 April 2007 02:09 AM EDT (US)     22 / 178  
I don't know, HG lacks good boards, I don't think you have warn levels and pm's etc..... because what Eazy did was unfortunately indeed flaming.

A Trip to Talos
It's f*cking awesome
posted 18 April 2007 07:57 AM EDT (US)     23 / 178  
Love the official HG welcome Mat!

Some people call me smart, some super smart, I prefer to call myself, GENIUS.
Best Game Evar!
+=+/-_//Kronos29\\_-\+=+=
posted 18 April 2007 08:19 AM EDT (US)     24 / 178  
Guys, that is just Eazy's way of posting. He wasn't flaming, that's just how he posts. Please leave the moderating to us. If we felt that he broke the CoC, we would have done something about it.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 18 April 2007 08:25 AM EDT (US)     25 / 178  
never mind, mail sent to a mod.

A green great dragon.

[This message has been edited by Two_ace_u (edited 04-18-2007 @ 09:21 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Design Resources and 'Welcome' Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames