Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showcase: AOM Monopoly
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
posted 26 December 2007 04:59 PM EDT (US)   

Age Of Mythology Monopoly

By Yeebaagooon

I need you to submit your funny chance/community chest cards now! Post them away !

Tables shamelessly stolen from Tartarian Cerberus.

Age Of Mythology Monopoly
Does exactly what it says on the tin. This game of monopoly is for 2 players and I will endeavour to make it as similar to the board as possible in every respect. This means doubles, mortgaging, houses, chances and much more. This will leave you begging for more!

Progress
The Whole Map
Opening Cinematic
Terrain
Eyecandy?
Overall Triggers
Chance Triggers
Community Chest Triggers
Property Triggers ++
Old Kent Road
Whitechapel Road
Income Tax
Kings Cross Station
The Angel Islington
Euston Road
Pentonville Road
Pall Mall
Electric Company
Whitehall
Northumberland Avenue
Marylebone Station
Bow Street
Malborough Street
Vine Street
Free Parking
The Strand
Fleet Street
Trafaglar Square
Fenchurch Street Station
Leiscter Square
Coventry Street
Water Works
Picadilly
Regent Street
Oxford Street
Bond Street
Liverpool Street Station
Park Lane
Super Tax
Mayfair!
Dice Triggers
Testing The Dice Triggers
Planning
Jail!
Ending Turns
Trading
Taxes
This table

How does he do it?
This scenario probably seems impossible. I have come up with some ingenious ways of making this possible but 2 players is the maximum I can cope with at the moment! I can guarantee monopolies, houses, stations, utilities, mortgaging, chances, community chests, passing go, free parking bonus, a small HCP, selling houses, jail, and maybe even property auctioning!

Now I can hear the reactions from here. You all want my sexy percentage complete bars? Well you can have them! Just use the following code:
[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/yeebaagooon/Percentages/XXX.png[/IMG]
Replace XXX with any number, eg 0,1,18,47,100 etc. Just be sure to give me credit in your showcase! They can only be used in AoMH and only in showcases.

Any questions?

Here is what a property will look like:

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-12-2008 @ 03:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 December 2007 05:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 221  
Sounds exciting.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 26 December 2007 05:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 221  
Just be sure to give me credit in your showcase!
The old attention seeking well very clever idea, get up your reputation a bit as a designer. Thread looks great looking forward to seeing the map.

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible
posted 26 December 2007 05:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 221  
Is there anything you can't totally rip off lovingly recreate with AoM?
posted 26 December 2007 05:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 221  
Maybe this will make up for Omega Escape....very interesting!
posted 26 December 2007 05:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 221  
Hehe, monopoly. My second favourite board game of all times ^_^

I hope this'll be released. I mean, obviously it will, but hope sounds so much more... hopeful.

And so, I'm looking forward to any more information you might give.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 26 December 2007 06:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 221  
Oh man, you really don't have a life, do you. Not only did you make 100 different percentage images, but you uploaded them all. XD
posted 26 December 2007 08:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 221  
I was thinking of making a monopoly once.
But the massive amount of trigger work that has to go into it turned me off.

Hopefully you'll finish it.
posted 26 December 2007 08:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 221  
Trigger work Phishie?

Sounds pretty interesting Although the only monopoly I ever played was in Warcraft3.... Hope you finish.

A green great dragon.
posted 26 December 2007 08:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 221  
I have had this idea for a long long time now. But I truely doubt I have the designing skill and the patience to overcome the huge obstacles a scenario like that would face. This seems very difficult to elaborate... You, Yebagooooon, should be one of the most suited designers here to overcome this kind of challenge! I think an AoM Monopoly would be an interesting addition and maybe a milestone (just like the community RPG) amongst the other scenarios!
Good luck...
Zumox

-Leader of the VerSus Clan- Visit us!
AoM TT ESO Username Currently VS_ZzumoxX
Working on the Kradle of Chaos.
posted 26 December 2007 09:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 221  
You made ahundred differant percentage tables!
posted 26 December 2007 10:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 221  
i can understand how to make this. i made a board game a year ago but i lost all the data on my computer. im guessing the dice to movement part is done like this.

fire random event: dice = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1:
fire event (1 per every space)
every space condition is army distance to point or unit
every space effect is move to unit or point (1 space)
2:
fire event (2 per every space)
every space effect is move to unit or point (2 space)
3:
fire event (3 per every space)
every space effect is move to unit or point (3 space)
4:
fire event (4 per every space)
every space effect is move to unit or point (4 space)
5:
fire event (5 per every space)
every space effect is move to unit or point (5 space)
6:
fire event (6 per every space)
every space effect is move to unit or point (6 space)

im guessing houses and hotels are manors and/or houses
pay effect:
army distance to army (hotels and houses are deployed from army) effect: tribute

im guessing loosing effect is done by
player resorce count in every trigger needing pay other than buy land effect: player defeated (every paying trigger is done by fire event)

im guessing somthing is in each space and buy offer and purchase is done by
army distance to unit or point effect: choice dialog -Buy _yes _no Yes: tribute and convert

im guessing paying other player when land on owned land is done by
unit owned (unit from purchace) army distance to unti or point effect: tribute

am i right? and if i post up anything you havent done yet you can use my stuff i just posted. and if you want i can tell you alot and give you step by step instructions on the triggers, email me at cdenczek@gmail.com if you want help. and just so you know for some reasond i cant see progress. also i put it all in detail for others who want to make board games.

I can finally get online in AoM and AoMTT via laptop!!! to get my kriby auto escape goto
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7153
-----------------------------------------------------------
www.freewebs.com/mod-sun-kirbyfanchat forums downloads and more...
<(*_*)><(*_*< )(>*_*)><(*_*)>(>*_*< )<(^_^)>

[This message has been edited by MoD_SUN_kirbyfan (edited 12-26-2007 @ 10:17 PM).]

posted 27 December 2007 01:37 AM EDT (US)     12 / 221  
This sounds really cool, I hope you can finish it!

Also, please don't tell me you made all those percentage bars... by hand.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 27 December 2007 02:11 AM EDT (US)     13 / 221  
Thankyou all.

@ Kirby

Nope that is not how it will work at all. I will tell you a bit more later. Also, choice dialog does not work online.
Oh man, you really don't have a life, do you. Not only did you make 100 different percentage images, but you uploaded them all. XD
I had a bit of spare time so went into fireworks. It was just a basic idea to add 3 pixels to each bar and change the text and then use the bulk uploader . It didnt take that long.

Rolling the die
In monopoly there are 2 die. Invoke rain to roll and you will get two different numbers that get added together to form your total. Now I have a QV for each square on the board, so if your die roll is above 0, it will move your piece to the next square until you stop. It also works out if you got a double.

Thankyou also to nottud, for the move relative to itself trigger that made this possible.

Properties
The big one. I have figured out that each property has 16 possible statuses. So I will need to make a GIGANTIC trigger with all these properties, conditions, pay and players in.

0 = Owned by gaia
1 = Mortgaed by P1
2 = Mortgaed by P2
3 = Owned by P1
4 = Owned by P2
5 = Owned along with monopoly of other colours by P1
6 = Owned along with monopoly of other colours by P2
7 = 1 House by P1
8 = 2 Houses by P1
9 = 3 Houses by P1
10 = 4 Houses by P1
11 = 1 Hotel by P1
12 = 1 House by P2
13 = 2 Houses by P2
14 = 3 Houses by P2
15 = 4 Houses by P2
16 = 1 Hotel by P2

Basically it will have: (Property (Status (Set ammount to pay as a QV))) and then at the end (If you can afford it, pay it (If you cannot give them 1 min to mortgae properties)).

Hope that cleared up the confusion with the triggers .

I will estimate the release date in February.
and if you want i can tell you alot and give you step by step instructions on the triggers
Your triggers seem a bit short as in there will have to be lots of them. Trust me, I have already worked out ways to significantly shorten the triggering process.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-27-2007 @ 02:28 AM).]

posted 27 December 2007 03:03 AM EDT (US)     14 / 221  
This looks like a fun project! If you need any help with triggers...

Looking foward to play this map. Although 4 players would be more interesting!
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 27 December 2007 03:51 AM EDT (US)     15 / 221  
True, but this is an experimental proejct and I would prefer the minimum of 2 players. Maybe there will be a sequel if this works out with 4 players.

posted 27 December 2007 06:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 221  
I'm really intruiged! I hope you can pull this off!

Good luck

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
(°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
(¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
posted 27 December 2007 06:22 AM EDT (US)     17 / 221  
Thanks! Not to say this wont be without problems.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to mortgage properties if you have a monopoly on them.

So far I have done:
  • P1s dice (But rigged them at the moment so I can test the game)
  • P1s entire board movement
  • P1s purchase of Old Kent + Whitechapel Road
  • P1s mortgage of Old Kent + Whitechapel Road
  • P1s unmortgage of Old Kent + Whitechapel Road
  • P1s builing houses and hotels on Old Kent Road
  • P1s selling houses and hotels on Old Kent Road
  • Full Property Status on Old Kent + Whitechapel Road

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-27-2007 @ 06:25 AM).]

• posted 27 December 2007 06:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 221  
    Too tedious for my taste.

Who keeps track of progress in that detailed of a way, especially for a scenario, where you have to guess on variables.
    posted 27 December 2007 07:03 AM EDT (US)     19 / 221  
    Will you be making any other versions, like the Australian version of Monopoly? If not when you're done will you give permission to edit the names, becuase it wouldn't be hard at all, the hardest part will be finding them ~ Steak

@PPE

Hopefully you will have more maps soon. Look a yonder ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 12-27-2007 @ 07:06 AM).]

posted 27 December 2007 07:12 AM EDT (US)     20 / 221  
    you reckon itd be possible to make an AOM version of chess? with all the same rules?
    posted 27 December 2007 07:22 AM EDT (US)     21 / 221  
    Chess would need well over 10000 triggers so stop people cheating normally, but there may be a way to do it with just over 1000.

@PPE

This is a giant map. There is also skill in knowing when to buy houses etc.

@ Steak

I dont see why not. However it isnt as straight foward as you think, youll have to edit names at least 400 times.

posted 27 December 2007 07:42 AM EDT (US)     22 / 221  
    you reckon itd be possible to make an AOM version of chess? with all the same rules?

Maybe draughts might be better to since the movement is simpler than chess.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 27 December 2007 07:55 AM EDT (US)     23 / 221  
    Now I have to battle the big uber trigger of doom! Twice!

This trigger contains all the pay conditions for every single property and also purchasing. This trigger will easily have over 1000 effects. And I have to do 2 of them!

This sounds fun .

posted 27 December 2007 08:18 AM EDT (US)     24 / 221  
    Can we see what the board looks like? Or will I have to spice it up for you?

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 27 December 2007 08:24 AM EDT (US)     25 / 221  
    At least when you have done one of them you can copy and paste it for the other one.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 9  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: AOM Monopoly
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames