Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showcase: AOM Monopoly
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 9  Next Page »
posted 26 December 2007 04:59 PM EDT (US)   

Age Of Mythology Monopoly

By Yeebaagooon

I need you to submit your funny chance/community chest cards now! Post them away !

Tables shamelessly stolen from Tartarian Cerberus.

Age Of Mythology Monopoly
Does exactly what it says on the tin. This game of monopoly is for 2 players and I will endeavour to make it as similar to the board as possible in every respect. This means doubles, mortgaging, houses, chances and much more. This will leave you begging for more!

Progress
The Whole Map
Opening Cinematic
Terrain
Eyecandy?
Overall Triggers
Chance Triggers
Community Chest Triggers
Property Triggers ++
Old Kent Road
Whitechapel Road
Income Tax
Kings Cross Station
The Angel Islington
Euston Road
Pentonville Road
Pall Mall
Electric Company
Whitehall
Northumberland Avenue
Marylebone Station
Bow Street
Malborough Street
Vine Street
Free Parking
The Strand
Fleet Street
Trafaglar Square
Fenchurch Street Station
Leiscter Square
Coventry Street
Water Works
Picadilly
Regent Street
Oxford Street
Bond Street
Liverpool Street Station
Park Lane
Super Tax
Mayfair!
Dice Triggers
Testing The Dice Triggers
Planning
Jail!
Ending Turns
Trading
Taxes
This table

How does he do it?
This scenario probably seems impossible. I have come up with some ingenious ways of making this possible but 2 players is the maximum I can cope with at the moment! I can guarantee monopolies, houses, stations, utilities, mortgaging, chances, community chests, passing go, free parking bonus, a small HCP, selling houses, jail, and maybe even property auctioning!

Now I can hear the reactions from here. You all want my sexy percentage complete bars? Well you can have them! Just use the following code:
[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/yeebaagooon/Percentages/XXX.png[/IMG]
Replace XXX with any number, eg 0,1,18,47,100 etc. Just be sure to give me credit in your showcase! They can only be used in AoMH and only in showcases.

Any questions?

Here is what a property will look like:

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-12-2008 @ 03:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08 January 2008 02:27 PM EDT (US)     126 / 221  
A system restore doesn't effect things that have been uninstalled I don't think.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 08 January 2008 02:30 PM EDT (US)     127 / 221  
I can say for certain that it doesn't. I accidentally uninstalled Paint, tried a system restore but it didn't come back .

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 08 January 2008 03:30 PM EDT (US)     128 / 221  
I will be wary as I reninstall Vanilla tomorrow .

Best case scenario: It works fine and my progress has been halted by 3 days or so.

2nd Worst case scenario: It doesnt work and I have to buy a new one, progress halted by 7 days at least.

Worst case scenario: I'm screwed.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 08 January 2008 03:40 PM EDT (US)     129 / 221  
So the issue is that you're missing textures.bar? That's not good, lol. How'd you manage?

If you're having trouble, go through the following folders and delete all files except for the .bars.

• data

Oh wow, that's quite a list.

The only thing that actually affects your game directly is the presence of additional files in your data folder. All other files are literally just extras, waiting to be defined in your data folder. Your protox.xml and everything is already backed up in your data.bar, so you don't even need to have one in the folder.
  • posted 09 January 2008 11:15 AM EDT (US)     130 / 221  

Progress Resumed

*Pulls party popper* I got my Vanilla back and reinstalled, everything is fine . I would like to thank my friend who isn't registered here for his quick response.

posted 09 January 2008 11:26 AM EDT (US)     131 / 221  
    Glad to hear it!

*kicks shins*

Add me to playtest list ;o
    posted 09 January 2008 11:52 AM EDT (US)     132 / 221  
    How many times do I have to say this map will not be playable until its 80% complete, then we can find out if I've pulled it off. That is unless you dont mind not having any control over your counter .

posted 09 January 2008 11:58 AM EDT (US)     133 / 221  
    Some much problem this map has already been through, and it hasn't even reached the 25% mark.

I guess the starting it is the hard part. .
    -invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 01-09-2008 @ 12:06 PM).]

posted 09 January 2008 12:02 PM EDT (US)     134 / 221  
    no the hard part is when you get to 80% complete then realise you messed up 2 hours ago with the triggers and it's completly unplayable.

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    posted 09 January 2008 12:05 PM EDT (US)     135 / 221  
    I stand corrected.

-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
    posted 09 January 2008 12:38 PM EDT (US)     136 / 221  
    I dunno, finishing it only to find out that no one likes it, plays it or talks about it is pretty depressing. Especially if you spent ages on it ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    posted 09 January 2008 12:42 PM EDT (US)     137 / 221  
    That proves how important marketing is

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    posted 09 January 2008 01:38 PM EDT (US)     138 / 221  
    Lots of progress made. (Well a bit )

I agree with Baske, marketing scenarios is very important, I will probably have to host games called 'DWONLOAD ONLY' where peopel download and then ask to play and 999 when they get booted *rolls eyes*. This is going to have to be very popular to spread fast on ESO, as it is only 2 player.

I dont expect it to be as popular as Minigames X, but those who play it should enjoy it . I have a great idea for my next scenario, adn the good thing is, its short and simple .

posted 09 January 2008 01:54 PM EDT (US)     139 / 221  
    I don't mind testing it even if a can't move or do anything xD

Aslong as I still get to playtest when I am able to move about.

Even if I have to navigate through Eternity instead of jail.
    posted 09 January 2008 02:18 PM EDT (US)     140 / 221  
    posted 09 January 2008 02:22 PM EDT (US)     141 / 221  
    Only 2 players.

Still is going to be great though I'm sure.

I never asked for this.
    posted 09 January 2008 02:37 PM EDT (US)     142 / 221  
    I'm toying with the idea of adding a Etermity Game in jail and forcing people to play it .

The middle of the board will most likely be the evil black space of doom.

posted 09 January 2008 03:10 PM EDT (US)     143 / 221  
    In the middle of the original game you see the cards and Monopoly (made by so and so).

So... Enlarge and stack like automata statue bases for cards and write AoM Monopoly and stroke your ego by putting By Yeebaagooon... Or something...

I think you should definately add a minigame of some sorts for Jail... Jail is supposed to be boring in the real game- but boring won't make people play your scenario. So put in a minigame they can play while they roll crap :P
    posted 09 January 2008 04:35 PM EDT (US)     144 / 221  
    "the evil black space of doom"...... So nothing is there?

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 09 January 2008 05:38 PM EDT (US)     145 / 221  
    Basically.

Vini, Vidi, Vici-Julias Caesar

Slavery is Freedom
    War is Peace
    Ignorance is Strength
    Quantity and Quality are the same.
    posted 09 January 2008 06:37 PM EDT (US)     146 / 221  
    posted 09 January 2008 06:46 PM EDT (US)     147 / 221  
    YEAH.

Make a giant fortress... like the tower of babylon! In the middle

BTW: I am really glad its working! <3 ya yeebaagooon!

(THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME, I WILL HOST IT 24/7!)

-Mator

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
    ._..........)..\__________________________________
    (_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
    .............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
    ............(@
    (¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)

[This message has been edited by MatoR (edited 01-09-2008 @ 06:47 PM).]

posted 10 January 2008 10:00 AM EDT (US)     148 / 221  
    Hmm, I could be wrong but did the total % hop back from 25 to 23?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
    posted 10 January 2008 10:49 AM EDT (US)     149 / 221  
    Aye. An underestimation.

I might need to enlist an eyecandier later on.

Progress at a critical point for properties, after jail and turn ending it should be plain sailing (Famous last words).

Only Mayfair housing to do. Any excuse to use the number 47 .

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-10-2008 @ 01:32 PM).]

posted 11 January 2008 11:23 AM EDT (US)     150 / 221  
    Apologies for double post.

The game is now in the critical phase, where the last essentials for player 1 are being polished off and copying on mass for player 2 can commence. I will leave the extras until the end for playtesting and continuity.

Now its time for my poetic licence, I need some crazy chance and community chest cards, so who would be better to ask but you guys?

The cards can be anything you want but must not be inappropriate or be too extreme or unfeasible.

Feel free to have a laugh :

• Pay NHS £20,000,000,000,000,000
  • British Weather attacks you, pay £100 for repairs
  • You attack Judi Dench, go to jail!
  • By utter fluke, you have won first prize in a beauty contest, collect £100.
  • Oh no! A n00b has edited this map making you lose half your money!
  • Out Reach dies in your hotel. Gain £200 media attention.

etc. You get the idea . I need about 100 of these .

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-11-2008 @ 11:46 AM).]

• « Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 9  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: AOM Monopoly
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames