You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Showcase: Death King RPG II!!! COME HERE!!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 March 2008 11:22 PM EDT (US)   
Death King RPG II: The Return of The Death King

Intro – Some of you may have already played the prequel to this, Death King RPG. This is a map for multiplayer only and only for AoM: The Titans. The prequel was lacking a lot of necessities to quality designing. I decided to follow up with another Death King RRP, Death King RPG 2 The Return of The Death King. Sounds simple right? The new version of Death King has all the things you would want an RPG to contain. It has excellent eye candy. The original was lacking bad in that spot. The heroes are the same as the first (hero’s from the main campaigns). There is also a storyline that is easy to follow, more than dull.

Game play and Story line – it is approximately a one and a half hour map. There are a few bosses but mostly just followers of the Death King. Not many big heavy tanks but there are a few. The story line is seems simple but things have been added to make it more interesting. The Death King was killed in the first one (if you won ). In this one, his followers attempt to bring him back from the dead. A machine was created to do this, but it takes much too much power and that can’t be supplied. A nearby city has a source for energy that never runs out. They go to steal The Omegagon and revive the Death King. The city sent for help (the hero’s) and the hero’s have to kill the death king and return peace throughout the city. That is all I’m revealing for now.

Features-
Excellent Cinematics – The cinematics are chosen randomly so you’ll never get bored of them. You might see one cinematic one day then a different one the next. Then the next time you play, you might see a combination of both! The cinematics in this are not bouncing really hard and they will NOT make you dizzy. I am spending a ton of time to avoid the cinematic bug that makes the cinematic a terrible one and hard to watch.
Excellent Eyecandy – the cities are done beautifully with patrolling military. There is a lot of bridges and stairs. The Omegagon looks amazing [(not to brag or anything )Not revealing anything else about that, you’ll have to wait]. I have a lot of other eycandy related parts in the map. View a few of my screenshots to see what I mean.
Special abilities for certain hero’s- The weaker hero’s that most people don’t like such as Reginlief and Setna get beastly special abilities, well, Setna anyway. He can summon random myth units in battle and it’s always fun to see which one he will summon next. Reginlief gets power surges which boosts her attack for sixty seconds by about 20 attack then puts it back to normal after it’s over. I will try to think of others for the other hero’s in it.
Thousands of triggers- Just like the last one, this map will be loaded with triggers for every part.
Day/Night System- There is a day/night system in this with a clock so you know when it will be night and when morning. It will turn morning at 6:00 (AM)and then it will be night at 7:00 (PM) etc. During the night, myth units will get power bonuses and during the day, human soldiers will get power bonuses so it’s more than just a bland day/night system and it’s a not random. It’s logical and makes sense.
Objectives – You’ll always know what you have to do because a message will appear every time you have a new objective, and it will show up in the objectives banner.
•Pretty much everything the prequel (Death King RPG) had and everything it didn’t have!
Voice acting- If you have the sounds downloaded, and I get enough volunteers, the voice acting will make it more than a worth-while experience for everyone. In game, it will encourage you to download the full version.

New Features:

Hero Selecting- A very clever way to select a hero. Probably the fairest possible way. Not going to reveal much about it.

Could use some help-
I am currently looking for some voice actors. I know it is a multiplayer map, but I am going to show people the page to download the sounds for it. There will be a message in game saying go to http://AoM.HeavenGames.com to download it or what not. Anyway, I’m currently looking for a lot of voice actors and if you are interested please post a comment or email me at Baseballkid14@Gmail.com. I will send you your lines and you can send me back the recordings you made. I have not yet created all the cinematics yet so I won’t be able to send you the lines immediately. I might need more voice actors than those but that’s all I can think of for now
I need actors for the following people.
•Kastor
•Arkantos
•Reginleif
•Setna
•Amanra
•Chiron

(Not sure if I'm going to do these)
•General Melagius
•Kemsyt
• Jason (Sir Faustis)
• No One Inparticular (info chats)
• Banker

And others but that is all I can think of at the time. Please contribute to the voice acting. If you can do more than one voice, and just talk a little bit differently, that would be good because I’ll probably have trouble finding enough people.
-Thanks

Progress-
I don’t even know, I’ll have to guess. Last time, I kept thinking of new ideas so it will be hard to tell if I do that again. Assuming I stick to a strait plan, here are my numbers.

Map Design/Eyecandy- 75%
Triggers- 10% (maybe even less)
Planning- 50%

I am rolling right through this map and it’s one of my top priorities. I put down all my other maps, (including a beastly Troy scenario) to get this finished quickly. But knowing me, I will think of new ways to make it better and then It will take a while to finish. I also need to get enough voice actors to finish.

If you have any suggestions for me, I will be happy to hear them and if I like it enough, I will use it. If you think one of my screenshots is bad, advice on how to improve it will be greatly appreciated as I want this map to be flawless unlike the last one.

Screenshots-

The Omegagon
Beastly Walls
Commanders House
Bridge
Another Bridge
And Another Bridge
Barracks
Attraction(Irrelevent to the Game)(Looks better with other wonders)

I hope you like my screenshots and if not, constructed criticism is welcome.

New Screenshots(lol, I lost everything from here down. )

Mixing Terrain
Another Terrain Mix
Evil Fortress
Evil Fortress 2
Small Bridge
Updated Bridge
General Walking Out of House(Sorry for the flag showing)
General Walking Out of House 2(Sorry for the flag showing)
General Walking Out of House 3(Sorry for the flag showing)
Updated Terrain Mixing (Tell me how I did, I tried to make it a bit more smooth)
Updated City
Updated City
Updated City
Updated City
New Evil Fortress
New Evil Fortress(But unfinished)

Please tell me what you think abbout the new ones. I couldn't get the elevation exctly how it was so I just did the best I could on flat ground. I hope you still like it, if not ideas are welcome as long as it doesn't include changing elevation.

Newest Scenario: Death King RPG
Scenario in Progress: Death King RPG II
Download some awsome new triggers for AoMTT here (made by me)
Proud leader of the Modding project, Star Wars: Eras Engaged. Join us now!
Also a member (and founder) of the new modding studio, Epic Studios!
So do you want to learn how to create your own triggers? Well, now you can!

[This message has been edited by Baseballkid14 (edited 06-24-2008 @ 10:41 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 March 2008 11:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 53  
Oh, okay this is interesting.
posted 29 March 2008 11:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 53  
Well one thing you really need to incorporate in your map is Terrain mixing. For example in your city you hardly use anything other then city tile, which makes it seem a bit ugly. Also on your first bridge you should paint the middle bit black so that it actually looks like water could go through it...

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-
posted 30 March 2008 07:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 53  
I just noticed the resources. If you add 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.0 of every resource it will jump to 0 and still be infinite.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
posted 30 March 2008 08:12 AM EDT (US)     4 / 53  
Looks nice, but you need to work on elevations more.

Email me when you're over 47% and I will donate my voice ;p.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 March 2008 08:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 53  
I would love to help you with the voice acting, if my voice fits for any of the characters.

As for the map.. The terrain is extremely dull. They are right, mix the terrain types more, even inside the city there must be something green right? And elevation! In the nature it's the most important, go loose with the elevation tool and smooth it a bit afterwards.

To use elevation in the city would look good to if you do it right.

Bridge 2 looks stunning
The barracks made a very good mesh..
"Attraction" was actually a little bit better then "bridge2".
posted 30 March 2008 08:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 53  
uhm, general melagius...I hate him...woudl there be achilles...but it looks nice!

jsut something:

at the bestial walls, those wall fo troja connecter aren't very good combined...

I had the same problem, so I did it liek this here:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1007/screen65uo3.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7981/screen64es0.jpg

KingUndergroundKing
posted 30 March 2008 09:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 53  
Hey thanks guys for all the support and ideas. I didn't show any shots of terrain mixing. I only did it in the part where you battle it changes from grass to sand then to grass to snow. So what terrains would go good in the city? By the river, I added some dirty atlantis tile but in teh middle it's pretty bland so I'm going to need some ideas. I want to keep the same basic paths still though.

Thanks again for all your support and I'll send you your lines Yeebagoon and Nearch when I get to the chats and the cinimatic. Is there any specific person(s) you would wish to be? Thanks for helping guys.

posted 30 March 2008 09:38 AM EDT (US)     8 / 53  
Grass and dirt is good.. Round houses, the gate maybe? Maybe some part of the city is older then the rest and have a bit grass int he road? It's your map anyway.

Kemsyt would be the coolest
posted 30 March 2008 10:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 53  
Ok, you can be kemsyt. Does anyoen here know how to zoom out in-game. I can in teh editor by pressing ctrl-alt-c or shift-alt-c but how can you do it in game? That method doesn't work for me.

Take a look at some more screenies I made.

posted 30 March 2008 10:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 53  
u can't ingame. ingame, ur just able to zoom with limitations.

KingUndergroundKing
posted 30 March 2008 10:27 AM EDT (US)     11 / 53  
New house looks great. And nottud made a trigger that turns off camera limits ingame.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 30 March 2008 10:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 53  
True. The best way to change the view for the player is to use the camera editor. Make a very short track or something just.
posted 30 March 2008 10:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 53  
I wouldn't say your eyecandy is excellent, but it's definently better than before and you're making an effort.

You seem to have taken a fairly linear approach to terrain mixing. Try and shake it up a little, vary it a bit more.
A perfect transition of stages from one type of terrain to another appears unnatural.

Also, I think you would benefit from adding additional embellishment to your world.

Just keep trying, remember to look at high rated scenarios for examples, and remember to try hard, but don't overwhelm yourself.

Good luck. =]

-[Hello..
posted 30 March 2008 12:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 53  
To be honest, I though by adding elevation, it would make it look like crap but I did it just for kicks and I think it makes my map look 100x better. i only added it inb the nature part because I think cities should be clean and flat. (just my opinion).

posted 30 March 2008 02:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 53  
I've got to say, loving terrain mixing and evil fortress although I don't know how "Evil" it really looks it is still cool.

Well done =)

[This message has been edited by Gold Colossus (edited 03-30-2008 @ 02:48 PM).]

posted 30 March 2008 03:14 PM EDT (US)     16 / 53  
Thanks for the support, I try my best.

posted 30 March 2008 03:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 53  
Yes, in the nature its needed. You don't have to use elevation inside a city.. I do. Gives a good feeling. Anyway, still looking good.
posted 30 March 2008 04:19 PM EDT (US)     18 / 53  
The only time I use elevation inside a city is on stairs. It doesn't have bumps because bumps are too natural where as stairs are perfect for the cities. Each way has it's ups and it's downs. And each place has places where it looks better. Anyway, I cannot thank you enough for the help you have given me up to this point.

EDIT:
So what terrains would go good in the city? By the river, I added some dirty atlantis tile but in teh middle it's pretty bland so I'm going to need some ideas. I want to keep the same basic paths still though.
I still am struggling with making the tiles look nice.... Any ideas?

Why do my threads die out so fast? I get like 5 replies overnight and 10 by the end of the day, but then after that, it takes weeks for just one more reply.

[This message has been edited by Baseballkid14 (edited 03-31-2008 @ 05:31 PM).]

posted 01 April 2008 07:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 53  
hi um i am doing one just like it i mean i am making a rpg also so what would you recomened
i have not come up with a name but i am leaning to everquest

how did you get the buildings to do that!!

my chezzy monky patch wont work

please help me i need it alot

-LLAMAS ROCK-
if only they had a llama smiley!!!
posted 01 April 2008 07:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 53  
Alright, but I'm sruggling with terrain mixing as well. I need to mix the CityTileA and I can't think of what to do and still make it look like a clean city. I need help too. As for your needs, you need to use a lot a lot a lot a lot of position objects and you need patience. Download reyks editor to make them face in weird directions.

posted 01 April 2008 09:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 53  
All of your people are older than me, im 13... i could talk in diffrent ways... but how would i submit my voice?
posted 01 April 2008 10:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 53  
If you need an older voice, I guess I'm uniquely qualified. I can do various voices as well..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 02 April 2008 01:56 AM EDT (US)     23 / 53  
My suggestions: Make the city flow together more, to me it looks like a bunch of separate towers, this is not very realistic..

But its looking good!

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
posted 02 April 2008 07:08 AM EDT (US)     24 / 53  
Thanks people for checking this thread. It's been a while.
My suggestions: Make the city flow together more, to me it looks like a bunch of separate towers, this is not very realistic..
as you can see, this is my weakest point. I will need to know exactly how to mix terrain to the best of the editors ability. Please help. And thanks for helping with the voice acting guys . When I get to that point in my map, I'll find a way to contacct you. Probably make a thread or something if you're not still checking this one.

posted 02 April 2008 09:35 AM EDT (US)     25 / 53  
( Is 15 btw )

It depends on the situation.. Really, you have to find out what fits best for yourself. Just sit down a while and experiment a lot, place more buildings and try different terrains just to see what it looks like. Afterwards you don't have to save it unless you came up with some good mixing

A tip; A real city is full of houses. That's like what a city is made of. A lot of people and their homes. Anything else is unrealistic.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: Death King RPG II!!! COME HERE!!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames