Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Scenario Announcement: Team Minigames
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 11 August 2009 09:37 PM EDT (US)   

Updates: (reverse the numbers for you clueless Europeans)
  • 11/18: I made a banner.
  • 11/28: I made the playtesting calender. Many lives were lost in HTML.
  • 12/5: I threw in the game data and opened up the thread.

• For anyone who would like to playtest just sign up for any of the dates below. All testing happens on weekends at around 10:00 to accommodate for both Americans and you strange foreigners. If four people are not avaliable, the test will not happen. ANYONE can test as long as they are

• Animate, tangible, and of the human species
    • Able to speak English at a first grade level
    • Is able to get online on AoM:TT

• Playtesting Calender

DatesDecemberJanuary
      Saturday's19
      Sunday's20
      # of Tentative PlaytestersDecemberJanuary
      Saturday's0
      Sunday's0
      Playtesters
      lostrozzacavalliTHYMOLE
      lilgimli2Open Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot
      Open SpotOpen Spot

Please sign up if you can, I don't care if I know you or not. Newbies are good too, it'd be nice to get some less experienced opinions.

Games

Anubite Race 2
      Race back and forth across a series of cliffs and tag out at the end. Be careful to follow the round's guidelines, or else you're shot back to the beginning of your leg!

Battle of the Shapeshifters
      One of nottud's more popular creations remade! In this verision players do not control the shifting, but rather are subject to abrupt changes at any time!

Battleship
      Yup, its battleship. Just like the board game you hide your ships and then blast away at the sea. All of it is condensed into one board too!

The Betting Arena
      Sit back and bet on illegal junkyard fights. After every fight players have one minute to bet on the next fight, all of which are evenly matched. All wins return winnings at an even ratio. This game features nearly 20 rounds to bet upon!

Bomb Run
      Race to complete a maze of switches, doors and obstacles, but beware! If you and your teammate fail to maintain a distance of 4 to seven spaces, you explode!

Bomber Man
      Just like the multiplayer classic, run and drop bombs to set up chain reactions and kill your opponents!

Build An Atom Bomb
      Race to complete a list of tasks including scavenging, building, defending, transportation, sabotage, and detonating your WMD!

Chariot Race
      Run for your lives as the chariots race toward you! Last one standing wins!

Capture the Flag
      A team game must, this verision is more like the actual game. Players have 5 players each and try to tag each other out and put them in jail. If a player reaches the jail safely, its a Jailbreak!

Catch
      The ultimate in casual gaming! Toss a dwarf back and forth with Kastors, the first team to kill their man wins!

The Death Run
      A short and deadly obstacle course with infinite lives. Traps include gate rams, spear throwers, squares of death, a long run of meatshields, and of course, attacks from the other team!

Dodge the Plants
      A quick reincarnation of this little one month hit. Try to survive as long as possible as carnivoras are randomly spawned across a small arena!

Food Wood Gold Lite
      In a burst of creative insight, this game is yet another verision of FWG. However in this verision one player is entirely in control of the economy while the others fight off in a small arena!

The Gladiatoral Games
      A difficult challenge to survive as a gladiator. As a mere militia, players are given the task of surviving the games among a horde of other gaia gladiators. As kills are gained, more weapons are unlocked until at the end when players are finally rewarded with freedom and points!

The Great Hunt
      Players will divided into groups of hunters and animals. As the rounds progress, a multitude of gaia animals will be placed, along with a single player owned animal of the same type. Hunters will race to track down the enemy animal before the other team gets theirs!

Ice Climbers
      Climb a daunting mountain by throwing your partners up a cliffhead and then jumping up to reach them!

The Invisible Maze
      Race to find three relics while trapped in a blackened maze. One player will walk through the maze whilst the other relays instructions via chat!

The Lightning Round
      A large collection of 10 second tasks presented in a Wario Ware fashion. Win the task and you get a point, lose and you lose one!

Lightning Wars
      Position your old men so that your ally can chain his lightning towards the opponents SoO in this quick micromanagement game!

Mini Texas Hold 'em
      A miniature verision of the classic poker game. Each player gets two cards and and a 3 card flop. This game is played with a fully functional deck of 52 cards numbered 1-13 with civ based suits!

Mini Escape Wars
      A short escape game in one small arena! Both teams have a two runners and a hunter player. Beat down the temple or villies to win!

Mini-Mega Golf
      A quick, turn based, game of golf. Players can choose either a hersir or a polyphemus to whack their ball towards the holes. 3 Holes for the win!

Quest for Thy Holy Grail
      The most epic display of RPG mockeries ever to grace the lands! Play through a very short adventure with your mismatched team, competing for kills and the glory of getting the Grail first!

Sniper Escape
      This!.. well... this might be a piece of crap, will probably RIP. Evade a chieroballista with rocs for as long as you can...

Stealth Mission
      Essentially a game of hide and seek revamped to fit aom standards. Evade capture for as long as you can and then turn the tables on your enemies! Whoever is hiding when the timer runs out loses!

Smash-a-Squirrel
      In honor of the sneakysquirrel (who seems to have dissappeared of late), this whack-a-mole esque game is played with bolts. After the numbers of squirrels increase to a certain extent, the arena is screwed in favor of nidhoggs placed randomly across the entire map!

Tag Team Racing
      Complete 15 laps of a figure-8 course as fast as you can, while switching off roles with your partner to maintain your car as the it slowly wears down!

Warlords
      To those of you who don't recognize this little retro gem, it was like a mix between Breakout and Pong. Bounce the ball back and forth in hopes of breaking into your opponents weakpoint!

I've still got some space so feel free to suggest some more.

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 12-05-2009 @ 01:42 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 11 August 2009 09:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 115  
    I'm glad your making a fairly original minigames map. There's an invisible maze i made in level 6 of this map:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8705&ci=7a750e46e5368841473a5293ba824b31oAhi1X19XsDHKUktC2sPxb8uAJdWr3kUInqvpPozSBaXcyz59MD5bQ0wsswgrJUqbHoeWExdQvA1HdvgqRsbFrFyYd8zlwwEEFVddyuSn27Zfj2b75e/Qjoo6ZNBZVPZBy8wq3Djo9yG

Since the whole game was in 1 room, i had to change camera starts into invisible walls for the maze which was a major chore. Anyways good luck with the map.

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
    posted 11 August 2009 09:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 115  
    Ya thanks. The link wouldnt work, (bad internet) but im just gonna guess its the sit room. Thats more or less what i was thinking of, but to make it teambased, im having it be visible walls. The idea is that one person will guide the partner through it becuase the lab rat will have no LOS and constantly respawning blackmap. Its not just getting to the end either u gotta find relics hidden within

Its hard to test how well these ideas will work alone, but they seem good to me in theory.
    posted 11 August 2009 09:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 115  
    cool idea, but if one person rotates the camera, it will be hard for them to direct the teamate so that may be an issue maybe you could put a compass visible to everyone in that area so they can say "turn north" and stuff. Also the chat may get spammed if it isn't set to team chat.

Progress Bars
    posted 11 August 2009 10:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 115  
    dang didnt think of that...
    i guess maybe i could lock the camera or maybe give a reset camera button availiable...

chat spamming could be a prob as a lot of these are gonna need chatting. hrm, look wat uve done now i need to think!
    posted 11 August 2009 11:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 115  
    Idea, feel free to deny it, burn it in front of me and make me cry.

Freeze (or whatever it's called)

All players are monkeys and they are being chased by ...humans, whenever a human gets too close to one of the players they are instantly teleported to a random jail cell in the area when all players are in the jail cells they lose, but players that are free can free other which are in the jail cell and let them respawn nearby a great tree (Tamarisk Tree).

If players are supposed to go against each other you could easily fix the point system with how well each player did (How many time they got caught, freed another etc).

Heck if that isn't done I MIGHT make a small map just for the idea ;p.

Also I'll try to suggest map names
    Teamwork Madness
    Team up!
    Together we shall
    Friends
    Sneaky's Game
    taunt 999
    Rising Teams
    Teamstar
    Let's Team

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.

[This message has been edited by sneaky_squirrel (edited 08-11-2009 @ 11:21 PM).]

posted 11 August 2009 11:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 115  
    chat spamming could be a prob as a lot of these are gonna need chatting. hrm, look wat uve done now i need to think!
    If there's a possible flaw in your idea, i'll usually be the first to think of it

Possible name: The Duel of Duos
    Or: Dual Duel

Progress Bars
    posted 12 August 2009 08:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 115  
    Will the CTF be with relics or something new?
    posted 12 August 2009 09:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 115  
    Ohhh minigames. This was actually one of my first map ideas. Unfortunately I quickly gave up after realising some important triggers don't work online.
    All the best for this

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

posted 12 August 2009 10:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 115  
    have a soccer game (football)

My Upcoming website!
    The Black Hand RPG - Revived
    Join my Facebook Group :P
    Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
    Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
    Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!
    posted 12 August 2009 10:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 115  
    I was thinking that CTF would be more like the real game of CTF, so that ppls have like 5 players each (10 per team) and only have to touch each other to send em to jail. Sorta using some of sneaky's ideas i guess. Probably with relics yes, but you wont need to kill the runner anymore.

as for your game names...

Sneaky's Game? err... NO

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 08-12-2009 @ 12:02 PM).]

posted 12 August 2009 07:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 115  
    Well I thought it was a lovely name ;p.

Good luck on your map.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 12 August 2009 08:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 115  
    Yay for teamwork!!! I love the idea of golf too!
    posted 12 August 2009 10:05 PM EDT (US)     13 / 115  
    Golf is one of my favs, rite now its only three holes, although if ppls like it i could easily recycle the map into a GIANT golf course. the map itself is like 3k by 3k i think
    posted 12 August 2009 10:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 115  
    hey you could have a colluseum type game where you got to fight gladiators and monsters and stuff. and you could make it have random events happen like stat changes and god powers and stuff.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 12 August 2009 11:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 115  
    I like it winston, but the only problems are that it would be hard to team base that but keep it competitive, and its pretty much the same as the gladiator games. Im trying not to remake many games, but oh well. If i think i can use it in an existing game space, ill throw it in .

1 pt 4 u if i use it.
    posted 12 August 2009 11:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 115  
    It may not mean much coming from me but I think this will be a great fun map!

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 13 August 2009 02:52 AM EDT (US)     17 / 115  
    I'm here to lie about my enthusiasm for the map because i can't play online :P
    posted 13 August 2009 10:54 AM EDT (US)     18 / 115  
    Awesome Charlie Dog, just for that im givin u 1 pt in playtester credit. You just made my day

BTW guys, im gonna letcha vote for what i make next Every time i finish a game starting now. Polls=posts=importantlookingthread=hype=awesome.

So. Today is August 13, votes close at the end of the day.
    Ill throw in some fun facts or something on the game u guys choose if ppls seem to like the idea. just bold the name of the game you want me to do next.

look at the bb code link for how to bold text.

1 pt in playtester credit for each vote. Everyone who gets points will be shown in the game.

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 08-13-2009 @ 10:59 AM).]

posted 13 August 2009 10:57 AM EDT (US)     19 / 115  
    Maybe one of your Mini Games cane be Fire Bomb. Set a timer, if whoever has the bomb and the timer has ran-out they die. Until there is one winner left.

Coming Soon...
    Something Intresting...
    posted 13 August 2009 11:01 AM EDT (US)     20 / 115  
    Hmm, i like the idea, gonna have to change it a bit to make it teambased but i think ill use it. 1 pt for you
    posted 13 August 2009 01:59 PM EDT (US)     21 / 115  
    sounds like hot potato to me

Progress Bars
    posted 13 August 2009 02:50 PM EDT (US)     22 / 115  
    Yes Josh basically.

Another game could be a chariot race, You race each other to the end you are able to shoot arrows at each other to slow down the oppenent. This would be a good idea if you can get it to work.

Coming Soon...
    Something Intresting...
    posted 13 August 2009 03:47 PM EDT (US)     23 / 115  
    hmm Chariot Race would be kinda similar to yeebs great race, i am trying to make a tank war game where one vehicle is controlled by two ppls however, one person will drive, and one person will control attatched weapons on the tank. Idk if it will work but it seems pretty cool in theory.

PLZ VOTE FOR NEXT GAME IM BORED AND I DONT WANNA MAKE MY OWN CHOICES
    posted 13 August 2009 06:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 115  
    Build an atom bomb sounds fun go for that ;p.

posted 13 August 2009 06:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 115  
    hmm Chariot Race would be kinda similar to yeebs great race
    There's a Chariot Race in Minigames X aswell. However,
    Another game could be a chariot race, You race each other to the end you are able to shoot arrows at each other to slow down the oppenent. This would be a good idea if you can get it to work.
    Is an interesting idea, could make it work by units in area or just Percent Damaged.

But just a simple race with a few godpowers is too similar to Minigames X.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Announcement: Team Minigames
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames