You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Full cinematic campaign: The Corruptor
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80  Next Page »
posted 10 September 2005 10:02 PM EDT (US)   
Ok people...after reading almost 4 years the same showcase with some updates here and there its time for the final release showcase...enjoy. The original plan was to make a 15 minute movie but again it got out of hand... this crazy project got a feature film lenght in the end... it was started in 2005...when I did the final touches on my Nibelungen campaign...the movie was finished before christmas in 2006 and after that it took around 2 more years to fully complete the music & sound and voiceacting

THE CORRUPTOR

Story/ visuals: scenario, map design, triggers created by: The_Vandhaal
Music/ sounds: voiceacting and music composed and created by:M0nTy_PyTh0n (Hyena Studios)
Music/ sounds Copyrichted by: The_Vandhaal
Story(text) and all visuals Copyrichted by: The_Vandhaal

Coop name is: Mars Picture productions ( we have to give it some name...)
PROGRESS: 100%
RELEASE DATE: Has been released in 2009
TYPE: Full Cinematic (campaign style).

• Features

• Around 5 full cinematic scenarios (campaign style)
    • High detailed movie sets with personalised location features.
    • NO MODS only original AoM TT stuff is used.
    • Underwater, space and air scenes
    • Nice camera tracks
    • Custom Composed music score
    • Custom created music score
    • Voice acting
    • Custom sound sfx
    • Feature lenght movie
    • Nice storyline
    • 5 custom overlay pictures

• Screenshots

And do not forget these... they finally will make some sence after you watched the movie

All the screenhsots had already been there for the last...well 2 to 3 years...hidden in my gallery to keep them as a suprise for the release...so more Screenshots ( 100++) can be found on The Vandhaals AoM screenshot pages. or The vandhaal Gallery
    You can also visit the special Mars pictures productions project pages.

• Trailer

The Corruptor trailer: "The Arrival" short wmv movie in various filesizes
    Trailer created by: The Vandhaal
    Music by: M0nTy_PyTh0n
    voice over: The Vandhaal

You can watch the trailer streaming In the Theatre of the Mind
  • Visit the Corruptor trailer theatre

Download the trailer:

• download the trailer from the Corruptor project page on the Vandhaal website

• EXTRA DOWNLOAD PAGES FOR TRAILER

( Large 217 mb, 600x800 wmv file Medium 67 mb, 400x300 wmv file)

• Movie Teasers

• Last note from the Vandhaal and download:
    Ok guys...I have taken you to: the lands along the river Rhine and showed you the tale of Alberich and his conflict with the Mighty god Wotan in The ring of the Nibelungen act 1: The Rhinegold back in 2005, I have taken you to a tiny and Mysterious Island in the atlantic ocean in Brass Monkey in 2006, I have taken you to the mysterious depts of the ocean and showed you the true story of what happend to Atlantis in Wonders of the deep and the Wonders of the Deep menu also back in 2006, I have taken you to a battle field and showed you the ruthless battle between Alberich and his legions and the Sinister Gibichungen race in the Clash with the Gibichungen free DVD video back in 2007, I have taken you to ancient Greece and witness strenght and honour of the glorious Spartans in the multiplayer campaign: Spartans also in 2007, I have taken you to ancient Persia and showed you the true story around the tower for the gods in The Tower of Babylon again back in 2007, I have given you in various years presents for Christmas, I have taken you to Erebus and showed you the sthe strong walls of the Hades worshippers in the Elflesh Hades city mp supremacy scenario, Togheter with Pepsidude_123 (a.k.a Alex) we have shown you the true face of the Hades Archers in Hades nudes and Archers (Link not allowed on AomH so check my forum or webbie yourself) again in 2007, I have given you Real Mythical heroes with the HEROES texture mod in 2008, I have given you journeys to countless mysterious locations in the AoM TT world and shown you many Mythical events in the countless Eyecandy screenshots I have created over all these years. And Oh yes I still have many unfisnished things in the dark vaults of my hardrives like for example the Ragnarok mp campaign and the Twilight of the Gods second AoM TT expansion.... BUT now I have taken you, together with the musical magic from M0nTy_PyTh0n and the dramatic magic from all 25 voiceactors, to the lands of Egypt to witness a immersive and epic mythical tale in The Corruptor feature lenght full cinematic. And this last tale will most likely be the last story I will tell you in the Age of Mythology World. I say most likely because you never know but I think it is time to fade away for me. I hope you all have enjoyed all my stuff over the past years. It took countless hours to create it, to be honest it took too much time but while I was wasting my time on it all I always thought about all of you and always hoped that I was able to suprise and entertain you with it all in your hobby spare time. I hope that the sourmouths ( yes there where many in all these years) stay away from it and do not ruin it ( best is that they do not even download it) and I hope that all the others.....oldies and new guys/girls around this hobby community will enjoy it all and keep it save from the hands of the sourmouths. Oh yes I will be around..... You can stumble on me and the guys in our dark hideout in cyberspaceor maybe even stumble on us all in the FIGHT CLUB on Eso or somewhere were ruthless mp supremacy battels are fought! I thank you all because you have been a great audience and you have given me a lot back for my hard work in this hobby!

And now let me be silent.....it is time to enjoy the, most likely, last Vandhaal aom TT story and hear the magic M0nTy and the voiceactors have added to it.......enjoy The Corruptor!

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

oh and yes....

YES, I AM DONE NOW!!!!

FIND ALL DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS OF THE CORRUPTOR CAMPAIGN VERSION HERE

Download the Corruptor from AomH here
    In case the AoMH download does not work : alternative downloads above and below:
    find a second and third alternative download here on my website but try the aomH download first

http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net/aomcorruptor.html

http://www.vandhaal.gamingextremes.us/website/aomcorruptor.html

Torrent file:
    Download the Corruptor campaign version Torrent file from the showcase in The Vandhaal forum here

• Credits
    Movie & Story by: The_Vandhaal
    Music & sounds by: M0nTy_PyTh0n

Voice actors (in the order of appearance):

Narrator: Rebeka Thomas
    Anubis: Ty 'Aramek' Konzak
    Crowd on the beach: Nicolas 'Grandpa' Gray Samantha 'Samurai' Carotenuto
    Guardian: Scott Oka
    Aleia: 'Rina-chan'
    Ra: Rina 'Mizura' Adachi
    Mubis: Samantha 'Samurai' Carotenuto
    Theris: Stephen 'Shard-Spider' Lynch
    Lion Warrior: 'El Flesh'
    Leoos: David 'Shockdingo' Dixon
    Abdullah: Delm 'whatocean' Lars
    Shaba Ka: Bill 'Cowfoots' Young
    Omar: Patrick 'emcgo'
    Horoth: 'Rabids Squirrel'
    Lion Queen: Melissa D. 'Mippa' Johnson
    Oeton: Lawrence 'MasakoX' Simpson
    Hassan: Joshua 'TomaMoto' Tomar
    Captain: Caleb 'gamecheater2009' W.
    Sailor: Nikolas 'Grandpa' Gray
    Thud: Edwyn Tiong
    Guard: David 'p3rfect' York
    Priest: Morgan 'Mochan' Barnhart
    Chariot Soldier:'Rabids Squirrel'
    Sphinx: David 'p3rfect' York
    Isis: April Sadowski
    General: Christopher 'GeneralIvan' Guerrero
    Osiris: Lawrence 'MasakoX' Simpson

Additional Ambient Voices :

Villager : Sophie Neveu
    Warrior #1: Christopher 'GeneralIvan' Guerrero
    Warrior #2: Trent I. 'PharaohZ' Stanley

Big thanx to the Voiceactors for helping us with their magic!
    Big thanx also to all others who helped and supported us!
    Check the end credits in the movie for all names!

• More info and contact

Visit the following locations if you like to know more or just leave a reaction.

Coop website :

Mars Picture productions

The Vandhaal:

New website:
    http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net

Old website:
    www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

New website mirror:
    New website mirror

Forum:
    The Vandhaal forum

M0nTy_PyTh0n ( Hyena Studios ):

New website:
    http://hyenastudios.mugamo.com

Old website:
    http://www.geocities.com/hyenastudios

Forum:
    Hyena Studios forum

Vandhaals personal lucky mascotte in this project: Titan602 (his smurfname

nowadays is Mephiles

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the

internet counts:

Cinematics, Story, Sceenplay, Dialogues, Title, Artwork, Sounds and Music are property of The_Vandhaal( or better said the guy behind the vandhaal nickname but i won't bother you with too much real life details

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 05-21-2009 @ 06:48 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 23 June 2007 08:38 AM EDT (US)     1101 / 2003  
    Good question.....

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 23 June 2007 08:49 AM EDT (US)     1102 / 2003  
    well the thing with the voices is this

while I created the movie and the story i heared all the different characters speak, shout and scream in my mind

they had emotion

well the voices we have now....sound good.........but they lack emotion.......basicly they are too cool........ for gods and simmilar creatures that would be ok........because well they do not get that excited about things like we mortals do.....but for the others.......it just missed that final thing.........so thats why the humans

Monty told me that he already has some actors aboard......for the main characters he will try to get some semi prof actors ( some did already said that they would help out....but that was over a year ago and the full movie was not done back then.......so we have to start again with recruiting and begging them)

getting them onboard means also that Monty has to create a small size full movie in another format then aom...because well those people have no aom game this takes time

Oh and some houshold announceent:

It seems that the GX domain has for some mysterious reason exceeded its bandwith........it is a bit fishy for my likings......and I do not hope some hacker has misused it again to massmail trash or something ( happend also with the elepa domain in the past)

cross your fingers that all is ok and that Pacos can find out what happend

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    posted 23 June 2007 08:57 AM EDT (US)     1103 / 2003  
    So EVERYTHING but the voice acting is complete?

MEPH

posted 23 June 2007 09:02 AM EDT (US)     1104 / 2003  
    In my opinion,

I find custom created voices talking better then a bunch of geeky voices trying to be the character.....

A green great dragon.
    posted 23 June 2007 09:03 AM EDT (US)     1105 / 2003  
    well yes more or less

the movie was more or less done already....hmmmm i think october 2006 ?? ...not sure anymore
    but i still have to finetune some stuff

well last thing Monty told me is that the muisc is also more or less ready........he will finetune files while I finetune the movie ( so when he has trigerd and timed all sounds into the scenario)

His finetuning will be updating the files...so he does not need to edit the scenarios

well as for the voices they are also triggerd in......but its difficult to judge if the human actors fit in exactly the same timing as the voices we have.....so that we will have to see

p.s do not worry voices will not be geeky

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-23-2007 @ 09:03 AM).]

posted 23 June 2007 09:06 AM EDT (US)     1106 / 2003  
    p.s do not worry voices will not be geeky
    Hope so

A green great dragon.
    posted 24 June 2007 03:48 AM EDT (US)     1107 / 2003  
    What's the synopsis of the movie? I need it for the wikipedia article.

MEPH

posted 24 June 2007 05:36 AM EDT (US)     1108 / 2003  
    0_O lol

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
    No matter what you say
    posted 24 June 2007 05:42 AM EDT (US)     1109 / 2003  
    A wikipedia article?

This cool project doesn't need no wikipedia article... Its too groovy for it! :-D

p.s Titan you need some time away from the computer dude.
    don't worry..Me joke me joke.

A green great dragon.
    posted 24 June 2007 08:10 AM EDT (US)     1110 / 2003  
    Hahaha thanx a lot Titan for that wiki article

well i ofocurse cannot tell you the full story synopsis yet......

but ofcourse you can use the other info for your article

Make sure you donot turn it into an advert...because they will remove it....so you need to write some more informational text.......well basicly a lot of info about how we do this can be found in this very aomH thread ( see for example my last reply about the voices)

let me see

well you can use all the pictures yoiu like...plz do not hotlink them....somehow in these lasts months something is "stealing"bandwith from GX.......or at least the images on my webbies get viewed millions of times and eat up a lot of bandwith....i cannot belive that ten thousands of people visit my place everday...so just grab em and upload them to the wikipedia

for the time being you can use this or a version of it for the storyline....ofcourse you have to check the spelling....you know me + spelling/ grammer = i do not care
    Story

O my brothers and my sisters, gather around me that I may tell the tale of what happend after the Before-Time, after the Golden Age when the gods walked upon the earth with us.

It was said that in the Golden Age Osiris the great-grandson of Ra sat upon the throne of the gods, ruling over the living world as Ra did over the gods. He was the first Pharaoh, and his Queen, Isis, was the first Queen. They ruled for many ages together, for the world was still young and Grandmother Death was not as harsh as she is now. The ancient legend goes on and tells us about the evil Set and how he killed his brother Osiris, it tells how Osiris was resurrected and how his son yielded the throne of the underworld to him and how he became the lord of the dead with his trustfull Son at his side as the Guardian of the dead ....

But there is another , forgotten , legend.....which tells the true story of what happened after this Golden Age.. It tells the story of the accual events which caused the downfall of the Egyptian Gods and the mighty Egyptian Empire of the mortals. It speaks about the one who is called The Corruptor, how this Corruptor killed his father and how he was punished by Ra for this action. The legend tells about how Ra turned his back on the mortals and how he , thousands of years, later got confronted again with the Corruptor. It tells us about the ignorance of a Pharaoh and the brave but desperate struggle of the people who lived in the lands of Egypt.

So come and sit down brothers and sisters and keep the tale I am about to tell in your hearts and give it to others, as I am giving it to you....
    well and then you could use the preview gallery:
    http://vandhaal.gamingextremes.us/vandhaal_gallery/v/age_of_mythology/The_Corruptor/

you also can use the official trailer:
    or link to it....image can be taken from here:
    http://www.archive.org/details/The_Vandhaal_The_Corruptor_Trailer01_03

hmm and then there is Montys music stuff:
    You can use the image in the main topic
    and this pic

The image above was shot from a sound project file - for a sound effect file of just 70 seconds length. Each coloured bar represents a separate sound file which was edited and mixed more than 10 times.

i think the desciptions of those images in the main topic are also suitable for a wiki artice so these
    The music manuscript shows the 4-bar composition for the symphonic intruments: Violin, Viola, Cello, DoubleBass, Oboe, Clarinet, Flugelhorn, Trombone - for the first sung verse "Tuba mirum spargens sonum", only.
    and last but not least on the Marspictures project webbie you can find some more info

http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net/aommarspictures.html

lol many thanx again ! its an honour that you support the Corruptor so much very inspiring for me!

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

wait let me link your article also in the main topic

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-24-2007 @ 08:48 AM).]

posted 24 June 2007 02:41 PM EDT (US)     1111 / 2003  
    Thanks Vandhaal, and BTW, here is the spell checked version:

O my brothers and my sisters, gather around me that I may tell the tale of what happened after the Before-Time, after the Golden Age when the gods walked upon the earth with us.

It was said that in the Golden Age Osiris the great-grandson of Ra sat upon the throne of the gods, ruling over the living world as Ra did over the gods. He was the first Pharaoh, and his Queen, Isis, was the first Queen. They ruled for many ages together, for the world was still young and Grandmother Death was not as harsh as she is now. The ancient legend goes on and tells us about the evil Set and how he killed his brother Osiris, it tells how Osiris was resurrected and how his son yielded the throne of the underworld to him and how he became the lord of the dead with his trustful Son at his side as the Guardian of the dead ....

But there is another , forgotten , legend.....which tells the true story of what happened after this Golden Age.. It tells the story of the actual events which caused the downfall of the Egyptian Gods and the mighty Egyptian Empire of the mortals. It speaks about the one who is called The Corruptor, how this Corruptor killed his father and how he was punished by Ra for this action. The legend tells about how Ra turned his back on the mortals and how he , thousands of years, later got confronted again with the Corruptor. It tells us about the ignorance of a Pharaoh and the brave but desperate struggle of the people who lived in the lands of Egypt.

Now the important thing is: What copyright would you like me to release the images with? GNU, Creative Commons...?

MEPH

[This message has been edited by Titan602 (edited 06-24-2007 @ 02:45 PM).]

posted 24 June 2007 08:09 PM EDT (US)     1112 / 2003  
    I use always the open licence with some rights reserved

those reserved rights are:

no commercial use of the stuff
    no editing of the stuff

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/

so yes th above is the creative commons with these rules
    to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work Under the following conditions:
    Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
    Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
    No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
    Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
    Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.
    i am not sure if the wiki has such a licence...so find something which fits it closely and if there is nothing then just use the creative commons as they from the wiki show

I think that you are not planning to post music files....so that will be no problem......Monty has full official copyright on all the music stuff

Again many thanx Titan...i really feel honoured by this great support from you !

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

p.s hehehe...thanx also for the spell checked version.....i will save it somewhere for future use.......but will not use it now because well The Vandhaal stuff withour grammar/spelling errors...is not really vandhaal stuff ( but more from that character behind the vandhaal )

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-25-2007 @ 09:25 AM).]

posted 25 June 2007 11:15 AM EDT (US)     1113 / 2003  
    Do you use the share alike licence or just the normal one? BTW, yes it does have the licence

MEPH

[This message has been edited by Titan602 (edited 06-25-2007 @ 11:19 AM).]

posted 29 June 2007 06:06 AM EDT (US)     1114 / 2003  
    How's progress?
    posted 29 June 2007 10:48 AM EDT (US)     1115 / 2003  
    That's something I want to know too!
    Vandhaals personal Monkey Boy: SwordStorm
    He left AoM about half a year ago! :sad:

MEPH

posted 29 June 2007 10:57 AM EDT (US)     1116 / 2003  
    but he still posts here, yes?

A green great dragon.
    posted 29 June 2007 11:04 AM EDT (US)     1117 / 2003  
    Yes.

MEPH

posted 29 June 2007 04:53 PM EDT (US)     1118 / 2003  
    Hello guys .
    Thank you all for your huge support. Me and Vandhaal worship it very much, and it keeps us moving .
    ...This is, in my opinion, the reason why M0nTy_PyTh0n came up with this voice acting idea, just to give more time to the other guy one.
    I applied and he never answered. What better evidence could you get?
    You applied? When? Where? Just send me an email with a demo, or visit my forum.
    Someone with (or without) a french accent can be very useful, also , so do not hesitate
    Errata: I found your mail - did not know your real name - I replied
    ...Anyway, M0nTy, I know this sounds very far feched, but why don't you ask some more famous voice actors to do it? Dan Green makes a great tough guy voice, and Sean Schemmel would make a great voice for Ra or Anubis or maybe even that dead pharaoh guy!
    Do not worry, I also contact voice actors who make a living with it .
    But, just send me their contacts via email, that would be great!
    Also, for the wikipedia article:
    First of all, thanks for making it
    I have some remarks/errata:
    Produced by: The Vandhaal, Hyena Studios (NOT AOMH!)
    Our group is called: Mars Pictures Productions
    (picture just means and image, whereas pictures also stands for movie )
    Sound effects by: Hyena Studios
    ... ok, just some ideas for your next edit session there

BTW, the finished sound and music files now reached an amount of more than 700 files (about 290MB in total - the final size will be about 300MB).

Regards,
    M0nTy_PyTh0n.

M0nTy_PyTh0n
    RM Scripter - Utility Programmer - Music/Sound Composer/Creator
    HYENA STUDIOS
    Also on YouTube and MySpace
    Partner of Tsunami Studios - Sound and Music Composer
    All rights reserved.

[This message has been edited by M0nTy PyTh0n (edited 07-01-2007 @ 04:45 PM).]

posted 30 June 2007 05:05 AM EDT (US)     1119 / 2003  
    It's a good thing I have broadband lol. Anyway, thanks for your help ^_^

MEPH

posted 30 June 2007 05:32 PM EDT (US)     1120 / 2003  

no this is not spam....just trying to solve my stolen bandwith problem plz ignore this post

edit: ok it works plz carry on

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-30-2007 @ 05:33 PM).]

posted 30 June 2007 06:03 PM EDT (US)     1121 / 2003  
    I understand

Glad it works. Or doesn't work of course

No matter what you say
    posted 01 July 2007 02:41 AM EDT (US)     1122 / 2003  
    So is there any info I can add to the article that goes over the corrutor in more detail?

MEPH

posted 01 July 2007 06:07 AM EDT (US)     1123 / 2003  
    You can just write your own list of known facts right?

No matter what you say
    posted 01 July 2007 07:01 AM EDT (US)     1124 / 2003  
    I forgot them >_

MEPH

posted 02 July 2007 07:55 AM EDT (US)     1125 / 2003  
    so it is coming through eh?

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 43 44 45 46 47 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Full cinematic campaign: The Corruptor
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames