You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: NEED 5 dedicated trustworthy testers for new map + little help with 1 trigger
posted 26 September 2009 07:36 AM EDT (US)   
Hello i have nearly finished designed my new advanced map called DestructionV1 [Code name not release name] I am hoping it to be a popular and successful map i just need a few things first. I will not be able to test until later today possibly.

1)iam trying to make it so when you cut the tamarisk root/tree for every 10 wood you cut you gain 1 or so wood on your resources.

2)I need 5 dedicated and trustworthy testers who will give me constructive critisism to help me improve my map before the final release.

SNEAK PREVIEW:

[This message has been edited by RavingBox (edited 09-26-2009 @ 07:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 September 2009 07:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Looking at that screenshot it looks abit plain, with those 3 terrains, grass, sand, and mining ground.

<3
posted 26 September 2009 07:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Thats only a bit of the map....

ill post another thread when im ready for it to be tested i just need help with when you cut the tamarisk tree/root you get no wood and i want to be able to get wood for that and my second thing is how do you make a map uneditable?
posted 26 September 2009 08:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
If this map is single player, (which I don't think it is) I will playtest.

[This message has been edited by CharlieDog (edited 09-26-2009 @ 08:04 AM).]

posted 26 September 2009 08:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
No it isnt singleplayer sorry.

but i really need help on this thing and this isnt actually my thread on player testing my map its just to see whos intrested really.

1)iam trying to make it so when you cut the tamarisk root/tree for every 10 wood you cut you gain 1 or so wood on your resources. with the tamarish tree you dont actually gain any wood in the first place

if your intrested in testing please reply. i then might post a testing thread.
posted 26 September 2009 09:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
I have an idea, so when you chop the tree, it gets damaged?

Well make this trigger:
Condition:
Unit (Tamarisk tree) is damaged 10
Effect:
Grant 1 wood
Then make this:
Condition:
Unit (Tamarisk tree) is damaged 20
Effect:
Grant 1 wood
And so on and so on

There may be an easier way, but this will work.
posted 26 September 2009 10:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
Sorry, I don't do multi-player... I have no LAN and no internet connection fast enough. However! I can help with triggering and eye-candy to some extent.
posted 26 September 2009 11:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
Hi RavingBox,

The eyecandy in the scenario, from the peek, looks a bit plain and ill-placed. For people to fully enjoy your scenario, you need to place down different styles of terrain and add detail to your map. For example, try mixing different types of sands together, to try to make an enviornment going on. Here is a sample shot from a project a little ago;

• Sample Shot

Now this is just an example, but notice how the terrain is mixed, and rocks and other details such as bushes are added to give it a nicer feel. If water is included (not nessecarily river nile) decorate it with plants and papyrus, fish, lillies, etc, etc. to make it more natural. If you have different enviornments, do the same. All goes with even Greek, Norse, and Hades-type enviornments. If you need a look at some screenshots and examples, here are some from me:

• Waterfall Shot
  • Terrain Rocks Shot
  • Sample Envrionment Shot

I wish you luck with your scenario. If you need any tips or help with eyecandy, feel free to shot me off an email. (look in my profile)

Good luck, and hope to see some progress!

• posted 27 September 2009 07:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
    Thanks for the intresting reviews guys i will make changes and hopefully when i release the trailer or whatever you'll like it XD.

As for the gathering from the tamerisk tree i still cant get it to work. ive tried everything any more comments would be nice.

thanks.
    posted 27 September 2009 08:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
    Here's a way to grant wood for each per cent of damage to the Tamarisk tree. This only works for one player though so for multi-player you'll need a tree for each player (maybe denoted by a number flag of the appropriate player).

Trigger - Grant Wood from Damage
    [X] Active
    [X] Loop
    [..] Run Immediately

High Priority

Condition
    QV Percent Damaged
    Source Unit = Tamarisk Tree
    Operator is >=
    Var Name = Tree_Damage
    Percent Damaged - you can remove this condition if you set Tree_Damage to 1 in another trigger
    Source Unit = Tamarisk Tree
    Operator is >=
    Value = 1

Effects
    Grant Resources
    Player = 1
    Resource = Wood
    Amount = 10
    Quest Var Modify
    Var Name = Tree_Damage
    Operator is +
    Value = 1

You'll need to add the following condition to your typetest.xml in the trigger2 folder
       <Condition name="QV Percent Damaged">
    <Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Source Unit" VarType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Op" dispName="Operator" VarType="operator">==</Param>
    <Param name="QVName" dispName="Var Name Percent" varType="string">QV1</Param>
    <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
    <Command>trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
    <Expression>trUnitPercentDamaged() %Op% trQuestVarGet("%QVName%")</Expression>
    </Condition>
    posted 27 September 2009 08:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
    Thanks for that but i dont seem to have quest var percent damaged is this included in some pack or something?

Join the Lighter side!

~~~ Online name = Cytharia

[This message has been edited by RavingBox (edited 09-27-2009 @ 08:19 AM).]

posted 27 September 2009 08:49 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
    It's a new one that I made today. That's why I included the coding for it.

If you copy
    <Condition name="QV Percent Damaged">
    <Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Source Unit" VarType="unit">default</Param>
    <Param name="Op" dispName="Operator" VarType="operator">==</Param>
    <Param name="QVName" dispName="Var Name Percent" varType="string">QV1</Param>
    <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
    <Command>trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
    <Expression>trUnitPercentDamaged() %Op% trQuestVarGet("%QVName%")</Expression>
    </Condition>
    from here and paste it into your typetest.xml file found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2 then the next time you start AoM you'll have the condition QV Percent Damaged.

Place it just after the
    <Conditions>
    tag, where you'll see the other conditions
    posted 27 September 2009 09:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
    Ok thanks im testing now

EDIT: worked very well thanks!!!

whats ur online username?

Join the Lighter side!

~~~ Online name = Cytharia

[This message has been edited by RavingBox (edited 09-27-2009 @ 09:35 AM).]

posted 27 September 2009 06:40 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
    You're welcome.

I've never played online, don't even know if I can. I have the Gold Edition of AOM bought in Australia which I think someone said uses a shared key which means you can't go on ESO.

Good luck finishing the map. Hope it goes well and you get some good playtesters.
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » NEED 5 dedicated trustworthy testers for new map + little help with 1 trigger
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames