You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Random with AI (Shelper, Berend, NarcissusX, Timelord, Enginerd)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-14-06 03:31 PM EDT (US)   
Hello again.

I don't think i'm going through the proper channels here, but when Berend tried this method to start a game last time, it worked amazingly well.
What i'm looking for is about three to four people to play with myself and Berend on a XL sized map, complete with underground and shadow realm.

Skill level isn't really an issue, i myself am very much a beginner, and Berend can be pushed over just by breathing hard, so the main focus here is fun.

To summarize:

- Randomly Generated map
- Extra large map (including Underground and Shadow Realm)
- 2/3 CPU opponents
- 5/6 human players
- Free for all
- No costumizing
- Surrender option off
- UPatch 1.4

If you are interested, please post here.

Players (and turn order):

Shelper mkerstenATgmailDOTcom
Berend bschaikAThotmailDOTcom
Narcissus X gawilson100ATcomcastDOTnet
Timelord timelorddcATgmailDOTcom
enginerd mjschuckATfidnetDOTcom

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 12-18-2006 @ 10:54 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-14-06 04:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 45  
Its not improper, Hiranu is merely providing a service! That way the map is truly *blind* as an independent person sets up the game, if you want special options.

If I didn't already commit to 3/4 games, patch, and an offline-life itself, I would gladly jump in!
Good luck!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 12-14-2006 @ 04:21 PM).]

posted 12-16-06 04:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 45  
Sign me up! Maybe we can get an all-slug game

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 12-17-06 10:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 45  
sign me up, no preferences

mjschuck at fidnet dot com

posted 12-18-06 11:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 45  
In an effort to cut down on electronic paper and save the electronic rainforests, this thread will also serve as Turn Log. (If one of our more cherubic players would change the title to AoW SM Random Map Turn log, much obliged)

Nekron, day 1

Born again. Never will i find peace, always to walk this earth and defoul it's inhabitants.
My hero and it's main party secured an income structure while my scout is hunting for mana crystals.

Turn sent.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
posted 12-18-06 11:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 45  
Julia, Day 1

Log later.

TS

Narf!
Kham award for first post with an ounce of intelligence.
"Enough chit chat. Let's go to battle men."
Wu Su Zheng award "Worst Staff Member Ever"
posted 12-20-06 11:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 45  
Mab day 1

We find a nice ring near our home.... no guards either... we like what we find. Tomorrow we have to battle some weak guards and improve our position even more!

posted 12-21-06 04:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 45  
Nekron Day 2.

Nothing happens. Curse our slow zombies (more than they already are) for not being able to keep up with the rest of the party.

posted 12-22-06 01:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 45  
Julia, Day 2

TS (yesterday)

Narf!
posted 12-26-06 04:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45  
I'm going to be away from the 27th to about the third.
I'm not sure where the turn is now, but one week isn't that long a time and hopefully the delay won't be too long.

Seeya gang in about one week!

posted 01-04-07 07:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45  
And i'm back again!
I realize Narcissus may be a bit busy during the holidays, but could you prod him by sending his turn again, Berend?
I haven't seen him post in this thread at all, and since the other thread got abandoned, i'm not even sure he knows he's playing.

posted 01-08-07 10:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 45  
There might be some confusion here. Narcissus sent me a turn but it was for another random game he is in. Have emailed him about this.

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
posted 01-09-07 11:34 AM EDT (US)     12 / 45  
I'll send out the turn again, I've only Played Day 1 & 2, and haven't received a turn since, so is it still turn 2 that is needed?

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 01-09-07 07:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 45  
I've also resend the turn to be sure

Narf!
posted 01-10-07 03:23 AM EDT (US)     14 / 45  
I haven't played turn 2, so I guess I need that one.

posted 01-17-07 04:13 AM EDT (US)     15 / 45  
Draconians - Day 2

After a fight for a node, my hero heads to the shadowlands where a powerful item was found by a scout.

Turn sent

Edit (19/1): Changed thread name. While reading through the earlier posts, came across the request.

[This message has been edited by Timelord (edited 01-19-2007 @ 09:34 AM).]

posted 01-20-07 01:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45  
Mab day 2

One battle goes well... explorations go well. Still early but our initial position has great potential we think....

posted 01-20-07 09:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 45  
Nekron, Day 3

No matter how many times i wash my hands in the bloods of my prisoners, i can not get this foul taint off.
I sent my units and hero to capture a nearby life node, and the Holy Light still itches even now.
The guardians managed to kill all 3 of my zombies, but i managed to patch them together so they can fight another day.

Turn sent.

posted 01-21-07 04:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 45  
Julia, Day 3

My forces report a town infested by walking corpses.
After this terrible report i quickly gave the order to lay down these tormented souls, because nature has no place for these monsters. After a few cuts and bruises, the cleanup troop was sent in and prayers were given to the deceased defenders.

Scouts are doing their job...scouting and getting paid for finding nothing.

TS

Narf!
posted 02-04-07 04:54 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45  
Berend, could you send your turn again?

posted 02-10-07 03:09 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45  
Done again, not sure if i resend the first time

Narf!
posted 02-13-07 07:39 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45  
Ambir -

A catalyst and an air node were conquered today and tomorrow, a death node...if no area guards are nearby. Still contemplating whether to kill the infidels or hire them...

Turn sent

posted 02-14-07 09:14 AM EDT (US)     22 / 45  
Nekron

Recruited some orcs to our cause, not much else new. It's hard to scout when you have to backtrack every few paces to pick up your limbs.

posted 02-25-07 07:58 AM EDT (US)     23 / 45  
You need a resend, B?

posted 02-27-07 10:38 AM EDT (US)     24 / 45  
TS

Narf!
posted 03-06-07 01:47 PM EDT (US)     25 / 45  
Ambir -

Gatom joined our ranks today, though the view offered from the watchtower he captured is pretty bleak. We have sighted another wizard domain though, so plans have to be made soon.

Tomorrow, the infidels will die.

Turn sent

posted 03-08-07 10:55 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45  
Mab

One terrible battle...... we fought very poorly fortunately we only lost cannon fodder.

posted 03-09-07 01:38 PM EDT (US)     27 / 45  
Nekron

More exploring, zombies have begun killing each other out of boredom.

TS

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 03-09-2007 @ 01:38 PM).]

posted 03-12-07 11:29 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45  
Elves

Lost two soldiers in a foolish attack
Met a neighbour though.

TS

Narf!
posted 03-20-07 12:01 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45  
Ambir -

We met Vorsar...

Turn sent

posted 03-20-07 08:42 PM EDT (US)     30 / 45  
Mab

We eliminated the guard of a nice recruitment site and inside we found.... an archon hero... yuck... won't do us much good.

posted 03-21-07 11:47 AM EDT (US)     31 / 45  
Nekron,

Liberated a furnace.

TS

posted 03-25-07 08:55 PM EDT (US)     32 / 45  
Elves

Also liberated a furnace!

TS

Narf!
posted 04-29-07 09:34 AM EDT (US)     33 / 45  
Bump

Just wondering what happened....

posted 04-29-07 02:21 PM EDT (US)     34 / 45  
The last turn I had from NarcX was on 18/03 which has already made the round. Shall we look for a sub?

posted 05-02-07 06:15 AM EDT (US)     35 / 45  
I'll try a resend

Narf!
posted 05-03-07 00:24 AM EDT (US)     36 / 45  
Ambir -

Turn sent

posted 05-05-07 08:58 AM EDT (US)     37 / 45  
Mab

one small battle to capture a furnace.... slow going

posted 05-06-07 09:32 AM EDT (US)     38 / 45  
Got a restart message from both Ambir, Mab and, er.. myself?
I think my game might be borked, let's see if it'll arrive safely.
TS

posted 05-15-07 06:51 AM EDT (US)     39 / 45  
TS

Narf!
posted 05-25-07 03:24 PM EDT (US)     40 / 45  
Mab

Met a neighbor.... and his wandering scout... that tried to conceal himself in the trees.... that will likely keep trying to stay concealed.... because there is little for him to see where he was going... except for my troops that would gladly show him the way back home...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Random with AI (Shelper, Berend, NarcissusX, Timelord, Enginerd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames