You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Get Neuman PBEM Tourney Finale (Costa vs Swolte)
posted 01-09-08 10:28 PM EDT (US)   
This the final round of the PBEM tourney between

Costa as the Black Elves
vs
Swolte as the White Elves

On King David's modified map Get Neuman - Elf vs Elf Tournament version.

Thanks to TL for some help on minor modifications for this map.

This is the WL championship. All house rules in effect. Surrender is OFF, build outposts OFF, no trading or playing nice with the AI (he won't play nice with you anyways )

Good luck and may the best Elf win!!!!!
Replies:
posted 01-09-08 11:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
Excellent, I hope you don't mind, Costa, if I take a bit more time to develop a strategy before I start playing turn. I'm going to be busy this week and the next but after that, once we start playing, I am sure we can get turns back and forth fast and finish within a week!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 01-10-08 06:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
The Black Elf day 1

Sending my men out in several directions.
My first goal is to capture a city from Neuman.

Got the strange feeling I've done this before...

TS
posted 03-07-08 10:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
- The White Elf -

"To HELL with strategy!!", they said impatiently.

Soon after, troops were mobilized and sent forwards (or backwards, since they had no idea where they're heading).

TS

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-11-08 04:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
The Black Elf day 2

Suffered some losses today. One of them quite unexpected...

TS
posted 03-21-08 00:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
- The white elf -

Hahah, no losses and none will be expected due to our limitless faith in our immortality!

posted 03-23-08 03:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
The Black Elf day 3

Stumbled over some Neuman Troops that were slightly
stronger than mine. Retreated to bring some reinforcements.

TS
posted 03-25-08 11:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
- The White Elf -

A painful and surprising loss today... We advance slowly, but steadily now.

posted 03-26-08 06:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
The Black Elf day 4

Neuman's troops splitted up, so I started taking them out one by one.

TS
posted 03-26-08 07:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Nothing to report...

posted 03-27-08 07:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 41  
The Black Elf day 5

A couple of Neuman's troops sneaked through my line of defence. I sent some of my men back to take them out, and are therefore a bit delayed.

TS
posted 03-27-08 09:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Some fighting here and there but all is going well.

posted 03-28-08 05:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
The Black Elf day 6

Getting closer to some more battles with Neuman.

TS
posted 03-28-08 11:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Dear oh dear... so many ways to go!

posted 03-29-08 04:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 41  
The Black Elf day 7

Took care of some of Neumans scouts.

TS
posted 03-29-08 10:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Hmmm, Neumann is not to be underestimated...

posted 03-30-08 03:26 AM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
The Black Elf day 8

Had a battle which turned out to be tougher than I expected. Anyway it turned out OK.

TS
posted 03-30-08 11:15 PM EDT (US)     17 / 41  
- The White Elf -

No big battles...

~ S

posted 03-31-08 01:41 PM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
The Black Elf day 9

Not much happend. A full stack of Neuman's are getting closer.

TS
posted 03-31-08 03:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Scout contact as a lone Zephyr of the Dark Elf saw our Drake!

---

I had a restart as my computer crashed. Haven't had that in ages during a turn, but I did have many windows open. I guess thats the reason, or a new bug when switching items.

I had no major battle (just one). If you are suspicious, people can look at my turn and confirm whether any great misdeeds could have been done.

Upon replaying the turn, the results were actually worse.

posted 03-31-08 06:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 41  
The Black Elf day 10

My scout could see a drake beloging to the white elf,
but I am not the one with the best view of the situation it seems.

Some Neuman trouble back home.

TS
posted 03-31-08 11:01 PM EDT (US)     21 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Seems like we do have the better view indeed. The dark elf, himself, today was seen in full glory. A scary, scary sight... We'll see if we can help him with some of the Neumann problems tomorrow and give him some of our own.

posted 04-01-08 04:50 AM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
The Black Elf day 11

Got a strange feeling that the white elf has some big plans for tomorrow...

TS
posted 04-01-08 12:24 PM EDT (US)     23 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Losses were heavier than expected, much heavier, but in the end we prevailed. Neumann is defeated and we claim his keep as ours.
Our coffers bulk with cash as we swiftly recruit more of his troops. With the DarkElf strolling nearby, this war might be over sooner than expected if we hurry up and capture him!

posted 04-01-08 03:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
The Black Elf day 12

Does not look good at all!

The White elf stands strongly in Neumanville with
,among others, 5 heroes and a dragon. The one I fear the most is Helmut with his sword.

Well well, no time for tears...

TS
posted 04-01-08 05:38 PM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
A day earlier...good going, Swolte

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 04-01-08 10:08 PM EDT (US)     26 / 41  
- The White Elf -

That nasty Dark Elf blocked the road with its spider webs. This may take longer than expected after all...

In the meantime, we benefit from having saved gold in our coffers as another hero has joined the now considerably grown northern front (yes!!). After seducing a shade, and holding on to a village, things look well...

posted 04-02-08 02:56 PM EDT (US)     27 / 41  
The Black Elf day 13

Lost a fight bird against bird

Seems to be slower than my opponent on many things.

TS
posted 04-02-08 06:59 PM EDT (US)     28 / 41  
- The White Elf -

Its dangerous to dig ourselves in when we are deep in enemy territory, and reinforcements are far away due to the spider webs blocking the passageway. The spider webs are a nasty contingency to deal with and the dark Elf would have been long gone if it wasn't for those sticky %#@%^&!

However, High Rider is confident that he and his wife will be able to hold the village for a while longer, and may not even need the reinforcements.

posted 04-03-08 02:15 PM EDT (US)     29 / 41  
The Black Elf day 13

The White elf is getting too strong on my side!

TS
posted 04-04-08 00:12 AM EDT (US)     30 / 41  
- The White Elf -

One party of the Dark Elf was killed without any losses.

It is a strategy we'd rather not had employed if it wasn't for the Maceman division running into the forest for no reason. Anyway, we tried and make the best of the situation.

Our position is strong, so we can afford mistakes. The Dark Elf can't.

---
Argh, had a misclick and now I am split up! Now you'll be able to go on a bit longer...

posted 04-04-08 03:43 PM EDT (US)     31 / 41  
The Black Elf day 15

Took two villages, and killed some White elfs.
Unfortunately I also lost some important troops.

TS
posted 04-09-08 09:27 PM EDT (US)     32 / 41  
- The White Elf -

We were punished for our mistakes as our slow troops were slaughtered, however, they defended their skins dearly. Especially the monks put up an impressive fight!

The road is open for High Rider and his wife to plunder the far north.

Not much has happened for the rest. Merely keeping and rearranging some of the pressure.

posted 04-13-08 03:04 PM EDT (US)     33 / 41  
The Black Elf day 16

I cannot stop the party in the north, so I focus instead on
the south.

TS
posted 04-13-08 09:33 PM EDT (US)     34 / 41  
- The White Elf -

As the party in the south is rampaging on, the first corrupted Darkelven village was taken. More conquest nearby!

posted 04-14-08 05:11 PM EDT (US)     35 / 41  
The Black Elf day 17

What to do...

TS
posted 04-14-08 09:26 PM EDT (US)     36 / 41  
- The White Elf -

This is nice. The Dark Elf has decided to come to us!

We are regrouping in the main castle and await the coming spectacle.

In the meantime, two villages are taken from the Dark Elf. One probably for a very short time.

posted 04-15-08 04:05 PM EDT (US)     37 / 41  
The Black Elf day 18

Took back one village, but I will loose another one tomorrow.

TS
posted 04-15-08 08:12 PM EDT (US)     38 / 41  
- The white Elf -

Indeed, another village was taken. It was abandoned. The defenders, however, were found in the caves and slaughtered that same day.

The Dark Elf himself is approaching our capitol with an impressive force. It doesn't match our defense, however, we will have to wait a little bit longer to attack and ensure victory.

posted 04-16-08 04:30 PM EDT (US)     39 / 41  
The Black Elf day 19

Standing on the doorstep of the White Elf capitol...

TS
posted 04-18-08 02:30 AM EDT (US)     40 / 41  
- The White Elf -

The evil Shades, Spider Queens, multiple heroes, and executioners, were certainly impressive. Not to mention the Dark Elf himself, who was encapsulated with the most powerful, protective spells ever witnessed. In fact, any army of a similar size we could possibly muster would have fled...

However, as the enemy approached, it must have realized its numerical disadvantage. With the reinforcements arriving from the south, we outnumbered them 2:1, and there was no chance that we were to let them pass to rampage the south and prolong this war even longer.

And so, nymphs did their nails, Knights cleaned their poles, Gyrokopters oiled their rotors, Rangers sharpened their knives, Drakes scouted the skies, and a many, many heroes heeded the call to attack! The battle was easier than expected, as the first round of attack killed off many enemies. The Dark Elf himself became a target soon, and when he was finally voided, cheers rose that were said to echo across the lake for weeks...

====

Thanks for the game, Costa! You were in a much more difficult position from the moment we met and I am not sure what else you could have done. I would have loved to see how the final battle would have worked out, however, the game doesn't allow it with the last Wizard being dead.

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 04-18-2008 @ 02:38 AM).]

posted 04-18-08 05:36 PM EDT (US)     41 / 41  
I had it coming...

Thanks for the game Swolte!
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Get Neuman PBEM Tourney Finale (Costa vs Swolte)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames