You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Fight for Light (Charx - albinscott - Fromage - Bluebaby - Swolte)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 11-10-08 04:56 AM EDT (US)   
Turn order:
Llannovar (charx) - charx at gmx dot net
Meriadoc (Albinscott) - albinscott at gmail dot com
Boldir (Fromage67) - fromage67 at gmail dot com
King Roderick (Bluebaby) - redhaven12 at googlemail dot com
The Shadowgod (Swolte) - swolte at gmail dot com

Rules:
- Standard houserules
- No spell trading
- The Shadowgod may use all he can think of to get his demons out sooner but must agree to NOT use the disband-animate Hero spell trick
- Play turn on same day you receive it (on average)

Good luck...

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 08-12-2009 @ 10:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-12-08 03:38 AM EDT (US)     1 / 281  
Hey guys, hey Swolte, there is some confusion inside the alliance... did the game already start? If yes, then i need a resend, because i did not get the turn. If no, everything is fine.
posted 11-12-08 04:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 281  
Llannovar, day 1

Rumours are, that in the north a new Shadowgod has woken up. This time, people speak of the most fearful strategic genius that ever incarnated the Shadowgod. The elves are called to arms once more, and lets hope that there will be strong allies out there to push the evil back to where it came from.

ts

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 11-13-2008 @ 02:36 AM).]

posted 11-12-08 05:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 1

Our services are requested, it seems that some new pest called iordume will soon invade these lands once more. For the next few days we'll be selecting a variety of suitable flora and fauna to stop the evil creatures, but the job will prove difficult. No matter, that's exactly why our skills were demanded! It's the project of a lifetime!

ts
posted 11-12-08 06:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 281  
Boldir, day 1

Nature meant thinking beings to live under a majestic stalagmited stone roof over our heads. Unfortunately, goblins also seem to enjoy the view.

ts
posted 11-13-08 12:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 1

I was never good for military issues, and worst when a lot of troops are involved in different maneuvers.

I am thinking on disbanding all of them to keep only one full stack, advance with them to Dor Valach and ask for an audience to the mighty Shadowgod.

The races of light have their problem with the undead and we were caught in the middle. Geez

TS

Nice detail in the name of the game file, Swolte, hehehe.

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 11-13-08 07:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 281  
ShadowGod

Like a drop of water sliding down a flower on a rainy day, so did a poisonous darkness come across the lands.

posted 11-14-08 05:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 281  
LLannovar, day 2

We made progress to a wise old draconian seer, who told us about 5 demon lords that sleep in their prison. The way he discribed sounds like a real adventure that would last for some months at least. This will require a real hero...
In the west we discover that a traitor now rules our sister town. This problem will be solved soon...

ts
posted 11-14-08 10:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 2

We went shopping today. At the local shop we bought lots of exercise books, pencils (n.1), rubber erasers, some clipboards, a few magnifying glasses and a pair of books about local biology. We want all our agents properly equipped for Phase 1: Information Acquisition and Study.

Some of our men are already on the field, but the Department of Logistic will hand the material by tomorrow.

Meanwhile we believe the weather won't help us in the first days of this enterprise: Spirit of Nature kindly asked us to raze one of our Windmills. We can't afford that. I personally assigned the Environmental Impact Study to Chief Engineer Botgar the Ugly, who will submit it - together with the declination process - to our beloved Spirit. No sunshine to be expected...

ts

[This message has been edited by albinscott (edited 11-14-2008 @ 10:08 PM).]

posted 11-15-08 05:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 281  
Boldir, day 2

Met a crazed elf today. He claimed to be the Chief Engineer, and that he was doing an "Environmental Impact Study".

Well, no matter. We dwarves are pragmatic and courteous. We sent our formal greetings to his boss, Meriadoc, and bid him beware of foul demons.

ts
posted 11-15-08 09:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 2

Advancing to Dor Valach. Where are you Shadowgod?
If you let me and my courtesan live I will tell you the weaknesses of your enemies.

TS

posted 11-15-08 09:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 281  
ShadowGod

A gentle wind is blowing from the southwest. It carries an unpleasant smell. The first Archon settlements are in sight and will be blown away soon.

posted 11-16-08 05:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 281  
Llannovar, day 3

We advance through the dense forest and we already can see what difficult tasks lie ahead. Intelligence told us that we will face a lot of leprechauns on our way, but first there are other things to do...
We are lucky that the wise draconian seer survived the nightly attack of the troll. His services will be a great help for us. Scouts are sent in all directions, to meet our neighbours soon.

ts
posted 11-16-08 11:34 AM EDT (US)     13 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 3

A deranged Troll showed up right in the heart of our land today. Not that we have ever met a sane one, but the impression was so strong! This is still not the plague that truly worries us, but a menace anyway, so we had to disable him. It is too bad that local fauna is not peaceful: why do creatures fail to see that our mission is for their own good? Demons and undead and pests are threatening the land but still the locals refuse to unite in resistance. History has taught them nothing, I'm afraid... It rarely does, actually.

On the bright side, we welcome Boldir's messenger and we retributed the compliments with an alliance offer. It is certainly good to know that the old mole is on our side!

ts
posted 11-16-08 02:51 PM EDT (US)     14 / 281  
Boldir, day 3

Nobody wants to be a scout anymore in this army! It used to be a wonderful position for advancement. Cowards!

What kind of advancement is that, Boldir? Advancement in enemy territory isn't great for future generals.

ts
posted 11-17-08 10:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 281  
ts
posted 11-18-08 03:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 281  
Llannovar day 4

We captured another gold mine, as promised. Furthermore, the 4 centaurs lie to our feet and we can buy mighty units now, including a hero, ... that costs 375 gold. Way to much for our coffers, so all unnecessary buying is stopped for the next few days.
A scout reaches the snowland to the west, but unfortunately a wandering Minotaurus is nearby. Lets hope it won't see him.

ts
posted 11-18-08 08:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 4

The Department of Logistics bought a revolutionary ointment at a local small shop today. We wouldn't dream that we could find such fine products in this realm, we'll give it the best
use right away! This ointment allows to change the alignment of vile creatures and make them embrace our mission; that sounds a lot better than the last preparation I got from Mrs. Meriadoc!

ts

Mental note: Yetis are not animals, they deserve our respect; Yetis are not animals, they deserve our respect; Yetis are not...
posted 11-19-08 06:42 AM EDT (US)     18 / 281  
Boldir, day 4

The minotaur problem is getting out of hand. I lose a day of travel for Bofur while I wait for the berserkers to do something foolish.

ts
posted 11-20-08 01:15 PM EDT (US)     19 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 4

The troops are angry because they have three days fighting without payment.
They think I am a terrible leader and it is true, I said so from the beginning.

TS

posted 11-20-08 08:45 PM EDT (US)     20 / 281  
Your ShadowGod

Today, your SG spit upon the sight of those pitiful lifeforms called humans.

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 11-20-2008 @ 08:46 PM).]

posted 11-22-08 07:40 AM EDT (US)     21 / 281  
LLannovar, day 5

Ardohain died the death of a traitor today, but unfortunately my scout to the west was spotted and killed by a minotaurus. This problem should be solved tomorrow...

ts
posted 11-22-08 08:07 AM EDT (US)     22 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 5

Perhaps it's a bit too early but so far our advanced pest squads haven't spotted any signs of disease or decay. There are some wandering savage beasts scattered, some bizarre behaviored creatures, but that's all. No radical animals or unknown plants were seen and that is causing a great deal of anxiety among the teams.

ts
posted 11-23-08 03:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 281  
Boldir, day 5

Took care of the minotaur problem, but now the goblin pests are back. When it's not one thing, it's another!

ts
posted 11-24-08 06:15 AM EDT (US)     24 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 5

Still no contact with the wizards of light, only with the declared enemy.
Ballistas, Bone Horros, death knights and vampires appeared in the east a few steps away from Luuc, an archon village.
My small army on that shore is making a stand in the entrance to the underground seeing waters.

TS

posted 11-24-08 09:40 PM EDT (US)     25 / 281  
Shadowgod

As your Shadowgod took the first of the Archon settlements today, a reaper was revealed to the human (if he pays attention, that is).
Reapers are generally considered to be a sign of impeding doom. We don't wish the human to flee and surrender, however, before our vampires are able to taste blood.

posted 11-25-08 03:05 PM EDT (US)     26 / 281  
LLannovar, day 6

We clear the area around that freed Elven city, captured a life node and struck the evil minotaurus. We are concerned of 2 berserking bats that emerged from the underground.

ts
posted 11-25-08 09:09 PM EDT (US)     27 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 6

Crataegus monogyna! We saw a very interesting specimen today, healthy and vibrant. It is not supposed to be a common species around here, but still nothing odd. Everything looks to be in its place.
Moving further, studying deeper. It is still a beautiful world.

ts
posted 11-26-08 04:04 AM EDT (US)     28 / 281  
Boldir, day 6

I went to a sale of ancient dwarven artifacts today. I bought myself a brand new steam tank. This should help me move around quicker.

ts
posted 11-26-08 12:46 PM EDT (US)     29 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 6

My small group exploring the dark side of the river retreated a few steps today to get out of the Shadowgod's reach.
They took shelter under the shadow of the life node, feeling sorry for the fate of the Archon people.

Elsewhere, the advance towards Dalvyana's has started, in about three days the first objectives will raise the blue flag.

TS

posted 11-26-08 09:09 PM EDT (US)     30 / 281  
ShadowGod

As was mentioned before, your Shadowgods army consists of Reapers. These demons can sense the presence of life for the sole purpose of utterly destroying the life force out of it. Thus it happened that, one by one, small concealed scouting groups will fall prey to its deadly presence.

Such carelessness, Roderick, should not be tolerated. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 11-26-2008 @ 09:10 PM).]

posted 11-27-08 04:34 PM EDT (US)     31 / 281  
LLannovar, day 7

In the west we met an animal scout of the dwarves. We offered a peace treaty and some blue crystals and hope for a better future.
In the forests, we solved the bat problem, but two minotaurus emerged from the underground, and we don't know where they will head to. I ask myself whether the dwarves plan to bring eternal peace to the dungeons?

ts
posted 11-27-08 10:15 PM EDT (US)     32 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day

This was a very peaceful day. All teams had the chance to take the afternoon off so their members could get acquaintance with each other in a non-professional environment. From what I heard here and there, different gardening techniques were in discussion amongst the several groups. That and tobacco qualities.

ts
posted 11-28-08 11:16 AM EDT (US)     33 / 281  
Boldir, day 7

I hate to admit it , but my very survival is at stake. With my two heroes in the field and a goblin patrol approaching menacingly, I recalled some junior axemen and crossbowmen and decided to take care of the problem myself.

We cornered the patrol and killed them. But I lost one of the crossbowmen in the fight, and the rest of my men are injured, and we spied another goblin patrol coming, within a day's march. What is worse, we also observed a flight of doombats berserking near them.

To crown the whole fiasco, a spirit quest dropped some rather troublesome infidels in the middle of the whole mess after the fact.

In desperation, I summoned a wild boar and ordered it to act as a decoy and hopefully it will attract the ravenous doombats.

ts
posted 11-29-08 09:08 AM EDT (US)     34 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 7

My spies were discovered and killed by the Shadowgod, as he explain with a darker prose on his last report, the reapers have the ability to see everything.
My spies knew it but they trusted to be at a safe distance, away from their sight.

The Shadowgod made a cautious with a Dark Knight towards the life node, but did not risk to move the big groups yet.

Made a mistake which is going to cost me an small delay later.

TS

posted 12-05-08 03:21 AM EDT (US)     35 / 281  
Dear Shadowgod,

we are still alive... (bump)

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 12-05-2008 @ 03:22 AM).]

posted 12-05-08 09:00 AM EDT (US)     36 / 281  
Hmm, can you resend? (plz delete the hotmail)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 12-06-08 12:53 PM EDT (US)     37 / 281  
Llannovar, day 8

Contact is made. After killing the last rampaging Minotaurs, we gather our troops and head north.

ts
posted 12-06-08 01:57 PM EDT (US)     38 / 281  
Meriadoc, chief operating Officer - Stealth-Gardening Special Services, day 8

Contact has been made! Alliance offers were distributed like there's no tomorrow - the Shadows would have an interpretation of their own regarding this statement, we're sure!

Meanwhile, just when we were preparing ourselves to send a squad downstairs to help our friends the Dwarves, a new threat arises from the Southwest: Goblin evil scouts! Meriadoc will need help, so we rush. Everybody keep their pencils and note books in the backpacks and draw their swords and slings!

ts
posted 12-10-08 04:40 PM EDT (US)     39 / 281  
Boldir, day 8

The relief is great. The goblin patrol took the bait and followed the wild boar, averting a potentially disastrous attack. The doombats attacked, but my tank shot them out of the air. I rallied the troops in the morning, and killed the infidels and goblins in succession. This will free me to concentrate on greater issues.

My diplomatic efforts advance nicely, and Shagga makes good progress.

Bofur, who was on a mission looking for Marten, had to fight some powerful orc warlords and suffered less casualties than anticipated. All his men are injured, though. Marten is being his old greedy self and asks for great sums which I can not afford right now.

ts
posted 12-12-08 12:06 PM EDT (US)     40 / 281  
King Roderick - Day 8

Recruited Pippy and sent her to protect an important magic node, very close of the path of decay left by the dread reaper.
Elsewhere, the slow artillery started the advance towards Hammerstein, followed by a group of level 1 units.

Signed an alliance with Meriadoc and peace contracts with Llanovar and Boldir.

TS

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Fight for Light (Charx - albinscott - Fromage - Bluebaby - Swolte)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames