You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: River Arne - (Sapphoenix,Luke,Dracoden,Oleg)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 10-22-09 09:38 AM EDT (US)   
And we're off! First turn sent to Sapphoenix!

Sapphoenix - Elves

Luke - Dwarves

Dracoden - Humans

Oleg - Goblins

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, then how come nothing is free yet?

[This message has been edited by Dracoden (edited 11-01-2009 @ 07:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-22-09 07:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 115  
Lady Ellendor, Day 1

It is time for us to restore the glory of our elven forefathers! The humble town we erected in the forest will serve as the centre of learning & economic prowess.

The forest stretches forever, we have to tame it. It is our duty, more so mine as the leader of the elven nation. I am inexperienced in warfare & leadership despite being hailed as the chosen one by the esteemed elven elders.

I was unsure but things had to be done, every pair of almond-shaped eyes were looking at me for guidance, for orders. Hence I did not disappoint them. I commanded a generous batch of scouts to spread out & gather valuable information of the vicinity. Be careful, my loyal subjects! For the forest hides many dangers & creatures that haunt you in the night.

Go forth for the glory of the Elven Nation, soon to be a powerful force to be reckoned with!

Sapphoenix is losing every single PBEM (almost!), but loving it!

[This message has been edited by Sapphoenix (edited 10-25-2009 @ 07:05 PM).]

posted 10-23-09 12:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 115  
The dwarvies

After years of terror which were caused by the orcs and goblins we finally are ready to expand our empire and our boundries. There are rumours going on that there are elves north of these lands. It has been 1450 years ago that we have seen an elf. Centuries ago the lands of the mighty elves had been floaded over, our magicians tell this wasn't a punishment of nature but it was caused by the golbin bigbeetles who were digging and digging. It's our duty to stop them and make sure this won't happen again. Some mines in the neighbourhood have been taken and a runemaster is being build to expand our power in these lands.

Sharpen your axes,
but don't forget the beer!

Ts

What tastes like chicken? Precious ? Yes !
Chicken does, but so does turkey. It means they are all
against us, how else would explain such an inconsistency ?

You ,you're against me, at least I know that.

The universe smiles wicked, hungry smile at us, but through bars, mind you.
posted 10-23-09 02:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 115  
Humans Day 1

My father, the king, has croaked while croaking croakers. It is an unfortunate and sad month in the realm of the humans. Fear not my friends! For I will take my father's place.. and together we shall carry on his work!

(Or my work, rather, hehe. My father was too complacent, going out hunting all the time.. drinking and getting fat. Now that his crown has fallen to me, I shall do much better for our kingdom. The city of our brethren to the south has claimed its independence for far too long. I will march straight down there and coerce them to join my cause, whether it be by gold or force. We will need their strength, their good men, and their women, hehe, for the upcoming wars to be had! Our domain will stretch from every corner of the earth! All will hail the human empire!)

TS

[This message has been edited by Dracoden (edited 10-23-2009 @ 02:36 PM).]

posted 10-25-09 12:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, Day 1

Freshhh air blowing in, for a change... From a bigger cave. Am I finally free? Many legs, big and small are sound running back and forth. The earthquake changed our surroundings, and we have check it all.
Some of my forces are already positioned in a vulnerable position

ts

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 10-25-09 07:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 115  
Lady Ellendor, Day 2

The elders told of a great tale about a powerful ring, held captive by a fearsome guardian of the frostling, once belonged to our great elven queen. Everyone at the campfire was completely mesmerised by its benevolent power, particularly myself. I am determined to reclaim it for the glory of the elven nation.

The night after, I had a dream. My consciousness tethered between awake & dream-like states. I was visited by the great Nature Spirit herself! She saw my potential in restoring the lush forests & nurturing the nature's animals, hence she gave me a quest to prove my worth. Awoken with sweat, I summoned by best hero & entrusted him with the duty of fulfilling it.

posted 10-26-09 12:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 115  
Dwarvies,

A strange but well-known smell is polluting the fresh, clean air of our mountain realm. Orcs are appearing everywhere we fought proudly but an acher and a berserker were killed by the furry of the orcish people. We secure our area preparing for a heavy assault on our cities. Moving our hero and some of our mole riders to explore and gain experience. Tomorrow victory will be assured when our rune master is build and our men healed from heavy wounds.

ts

posted 10-26-09 04:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, day 2

Another day was spent on running around. Now I start getting idea what direction I should chose. By now, I added to my realm a new village. Guarded by three warriors that proposed to join me for a decent fee, but never for free. That made them stupid. I do not need such stupid soldiers. Stupid is dead!

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 10-26-2009 @ 04:37 PM).]

posted 10-26-09 07:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 115  
Lady Ellendra, Day 3

The Spirit was pleased with us & awarded us two powerful units to guard our forest. In the night, hordes of renegades jumped on our newly formed team. We fought them off but half of our group laid dead on the forest soil now. Thank goodness my hero survived the onslaught. Time for resupply & regrouping.

posted 10-26-09 07:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 115  
Humans Day 2

We captured many idle resources today and put their butts to work. I continue my march towards our brothers in the south to negotiate their aid.

Our hero out at sea made landfall on a distant shore and coerced a human settlement there to join our cause. He then quickly disembarked east to meet me at the southern human city. His services may be needed if the inhabitants cant be convinced for a modest amount of gold.

TS

posted 10-27-09 03:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 115  
turn not received

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 10-27-2009 @ 05:28 PM).]

posted 10-27-09 04:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 115  
Pffff we gonna lose some forces and money is running to low...

let's hope orc wavies won't keep comming on my dwarvies

ts

posted 10-27-09 07:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 115  
You obviously did receive it Oleg ;o

I just sent you a new one as well!

Humans Day 3

Soldiers make landfall on the beach near the southern human city. I capture a watchtower and much is revealed. A raiding frog.. and a purple wizard shade! Yikes! We will have to assault the human city tomorrow.. Their knight wears very shiny armor.. but hes not worth no stinkin 600 gold!!

TS

posted 10-28-09 06:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 115  
Lady Ellendra, Day 4

More scouting & re-shuffling of vanguard groups. Scouts reported sightings of many interesting but abandoned structures in the forest. Our wounded hero & his bodyguard rushed back to the capital for regrouping.

posted 10-29-09 12:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 115  
A fight of pride was fougth today,
while runemasters and moles watched our hero got slaughtered by an orcish axeman.
That hero ain't worth leading my troops, he ain't even worth being a dwarf.

New hero is needed but better none than that one.

ts

posted 10-29-09 05:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 115  
Humans Day 4

Many many random, berserking neutrals were slain today. At least 2 frogs, likely akin to the ones that slain my father.. and a fearsome spectre, which we sacrificed many halberdiers to in order to minimize his harsh impact on our other troops.

Besides the the neutrals, we captured the southern human city today. The knight in shining armor could not even lay a finger on any of my men, for his mind was too muddled by my swashbucklers' clever taunts.

After capturing the city, Borimir, or whatever his name is emerged with an army of aforementioned halberdiers. I would have rather had an army of knights.

A purple wizard shade can still be seen lurking on the horizon. We research enchant weapon doubly quick in order to deal with such a menace, should it venture too near.

TS

posted 10-29-09 06:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, day 4

The more my troops waste they time standing lazely and running in circles, the deeper I understand that I am only beginning to get an idea what should be done on the day #1 and on.
On the bright side, in some poisonous cloud my soldiers found awfull, filthy big piles of gold.

ts

I play in a so non-competitive way

posted 11-01-09 05:40 PM EDT (US)     17 / 115  
Lady Ellendra, Day 5

Many skirmishes were fought in the night when the inherent creatures of the forest jumped unexpectedly at our scouts & heroes alike. Many of our stronger elves survived as they gained more skills although the weaker gladerunners succumbed to the combined forces. All in all, this produced plenty of fun & training for our militants.

posted 11-01-09 07:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 115  
The southern city secure, cavalry backtrack north to prepare a siege on a nearby archon town.

A silly hobbit by a farm along the road warns us of the shade in our woods, as if we didnt already know of it. Fortunate for the hobbit, he was kind enough to give us the farm and join our cause. Having no use for a weakling hobbit farmer, we ponder abandoning him.. but instead I decide that he would make nice shade bait )

Enchanted swashbucklers are sent to approach the shade wandering about, though a few paces behind the oblivious halfling.

TS

posted 11-03-09 01:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, day 5

They expect me to be sneaky, so I came with a few sneaky plans. Unfortunately, they all will take long time...
ts

HELP!!!! In the editor a saw what looks like a path between lava Southern of my prison. But in the game there is no such one! The land units cannot walk there. Am I missing something? Did I plainly read the map wrong?!

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 11-03-2009 @ 01:22 AM).]

posted 11-03-09 07:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 115  
Lady Ellendra, Day 6

A representative of the dwarven kingdom arrived in my court this day. We had a long discussion on the restoration of the natural world, sharing the forests & mountains between the elven & dwarven kingdoms. I believe this will be beneficial to both races in the long run.

Our forward scouts reported many ambushes made by lurking renegades on all fronts! The once tranquil & magical forests are infested with bandits, crooks & many other dark men. I have to put a stop to this! Immediately I switched my short-term plan to rid the forest of pests & strengthen our position before we spread out more aggressively.

A scout, who captured a faraway watch tower, reported sightings of resemblance of an ancient worn-out route that led to the dreaded realm of dark elves - our most-hated nemesis! More scouts were despatched to verify the claim for it is of utmost important to me. Vendetta!

posted 11-04-09 10:26 AM EDT (US)     21 / 115  
Oleg- unless your eyes deceived you, Im afraid the only one who may be able to answer your question on that is maybe swolte.

Humans Day 6

More rabid woodland creatures were slain today as we took care of what remained of a couple of wild boars. They had been savagely maimed by something.. yet they charged our men with such ferocity. With the wandering shade no longer in sight, we put 2 and 2 together and realized that these raging boars must have killed the shade for us. I know not how.. but that is the only explanation we can come up with as to why the boars had sustained so much damage before making their way to us.. We put the boars out of their mysery.. and we wonder what in this forest is driving the animals so crazed..

On the other shore, scouts pick up a couple piles of gold, but are assaulted by zephyr birds. The scouts fought valiantly, but of the four, only 1 survived. The lone scout moves to return home, but is confronted by a spider queen of all things! He dashes west into elven woods.. hoping to escape the deadly queen..

TS

posted 11-04-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     22 / 115  
Wow, guys, you are fast. I will try not to drive the pace down.

posted 11-04-09 11:01 AM EDT (US)     23 / 115  
Day 5-6

We lost our main city to raiders they came out of no where..

we need more fundings...

to build a pioneer...

our empire is traiten and we don't know if we can win this game.

Tomorrow we'll try to capture a new city.

ts

posted 11-05-09 02:45 AM EDT (US)     24 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, day 6

At night, my scouting party was hit hard by area guards and lost key unit. Here is cancelled one of my sneaky plans

ts

Am I stupid or what?! There is a path, but the ground is burning, so one needs to order the troops to advance step by step. Unbelievable, I lost 3 or 4 turns in this direction

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 11-05-2009 @ 02:46 AM).]

posted 11-05-09 09:56 AM EDT (US)     25 / 115  
Lady Ellendra, Day 7

Our scouts have began clearing the map on the opposite shores too, finding many useful resources lying around unclaimed. More of our units were assaulted in the night but we fought them all off except for one. We began to control the forest. Lady Ellendra even planned further of building a pioneer soon. We shall see what happens the next day . . .

posted 11-05-09 06:57 PM EDT (US)     26 / 115  
Humans Day 7

Our empire is growing at a disgusting pace.. and to make matters worse, the purple wizard is very aggressive towards us. Men on both shores are fleeing the hordes of spiders that come pouring daily out of the nearby caves. We send out the stupid hobbit as a decoy while our southern city braces itself for impact.

I make a declaration today of the new knight training program. One male of every family must serve. Refusal is not an option, or they shall face the consequences of treason. An army of knights must be formed to combat the threat that is upon us-and to eventually expand our empire justly so.

TS

posted 11-06-09 03:40 AM EDT (US)     27 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, day 7

Elvesssss! Like hundreds of years ago, talking about building and creation and nature, and only going to killl the Sssonsss of The Earthhssss! No, you wil not trick ussss! If you want war, we will come for you, yessss, we will! Otherwissse, sstay away of our landssss, in your foressstsss sssmelling sssstrangely, that we the proud cave dwellersss do not want even to walk near, until you decide to make usssss!!! Yessss, it'sss your call, it isssss! Ssssstay away from our cavesss, at leassst half of a day of a walk away!

ts

posted 11-06-09 08:57 AM EDT (US)     28 / 115  
Lady Ellendra, Day 8

The goblins have killed one of our forward scouts, doing which they have unknowingly sealed their own fate! Nobody kill the creature of nature without getting their comeuppance! Nobody I say!

To make things doubly interesting to us, we encountered the first skirmish with the dark elves too. Despite we lost, we know where they are & we will be ready for them.

This calls for a remobilisation of our forces. A convoy has been sent to the halflings to recruit their help.

Oleg, isn't there a rule not to declare war & attack at the same time?

posted 11-06-09 09:17 AM EDT (US)     29 / 115  
I thought it was not to break peace and attack on the same turn. And we had no treaty or cease-fire signed. I can replay my turn if I was wrong.
By the way, it was a creature who killed another creature, and such things happen in the nature all the time

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 11-06-2009 @ 09:22 AM).]

posted 11-06-09 09:26 AM EDT (US)     30 / 115  
(yes, Oleg is correct, you have to be at peace)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 11-06-09 11:39 AM EDT (US)     31 / 115  
Humans Day 8

It seems that the spiderqueen finally caught up with the halberdier it was chasing. He was very brave to lead the spiderqueen safely away from our lands.. it seems he led it straight to the Elves.

Let them deal with it, I say.. for I have plenty of other Dark Elves to deal with. Their armies assault me on both shores now.. With my forces spread rather thin at the moment, I must say that I am not entirely ready for it.

A boat is sent to the shores with my heroes and some cavalry to quell the enemies over there.. while I continue to fortify my position at home to defend against the much larger assault of spiders.

TS

posted 11-06-09 05:13 PM EDT (US)     32 / 115  
Mab of Goblins, day 8

Elves threaten usss. Our fate is sealed, they sssay. But I rather see a proud race's fate unsealed today. Like many years ago, we do not seek fame, just to bring the proud to wherever they belong.
And our creature got already revenged by the prison guards, be they cursed. One day we will get them, too, starting with this sssnobish Titan.

ts

posted 11-08-09 05:35 PM EDT (US)     33 / 115  
No problem at all, Oleg. Sorry I misread the game rules. The unicorn means nothing to me. I just thought you violated the rules, that's all.

Besides, I still wanna kill you!

posted 11-11-09 12:59 PM EDT (US)     34 / 115  
aw dont kill oleg

who has the turn btw? luke I guess?

posted 11-11-09 01:44 PM EDT (US)     35 / 115  
Sapphoenix, you won't kill me if you do not make your turn

posted 11-12-09 06:23 PM EDT (US)     36 / 115  
lol Oleg! Unfortunately I don't even have the turn yet. I guess luke's working on killing you first.

posted 11-12-09 07:13 PM EDT (US)     37 / 115  
There was no "TS" in your post... So I assumed you have not sent turn to Luke yet... Let's hope he is back with us soon...

posted 11-19-09 01:07 PM EDT (US)     38 / 115  
I received no turn.

but let me check to be sure

____

Sended my turn on the 6th of november at 16.13 pm

and received my last turn at 6th of november at 14.00 pm

so I'm waiting

[This message has been edited by luke811 (edited 11-19-2009 @ 01:08 PM).]

posted 11-19-09 02:58 PM EDT (US)     39 / 115  
Last turn I played was Day #8.
What have you got?

posted 11-25-09 03:54 PM EDT (US)     40 / 115  
Bump!
Luke, Sapphoenix, please check the question in my previous post.
Draco, do you read me? If you are gone for long, we could be told, you know...
I would really like to play this game on, so let's figure this situation out.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » River Arne - (Sapphoenix,Luke,Dracoden,Oleg)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames