You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ladder: Danny's Sock-tournament (beta) (Greywind, Swolte)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-28-03 04:42 PM EDT (US)   
Map by Mister Pickles, can be downloaded at the btooic website.

We play by:
- House rules
- Latest patch (v1.2)
- Ladder game

* Greywind, Selena (greywind@gmx.at)
* Swolte, Arachnia (swolte2@hotmail.com)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 01-29-03 06:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 76  

Serena day 1

I have been called to this place to shed some light into the dark minds of our lost brethren.
The land seems strangely familiar to me.
I sent some scouts for resources and made some strategy decisions. If they bear fruits, we shall see...

Turn sent

*Nice map*

posted 01-29-03 02:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 76  
Arachnia

Moving out!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 01-30-03 04:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 76  
Sorry, did not get anything. Can you resend?

(My mailaccount blocks mails from certain mail servers (yahoo, hotmail etc.)which do not come from that server directly (like autosend from programs ). Risk of spam and stuff. I have to enter each emailadress I want to recieve manually...)
Wonder why it worked the first time, though.

posted 01-30-03 08:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 76  
*resent*

posted 02-01-03 11:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 76  
Serena day 2

Troop movement

TS

OOC: I am going to play this map against a (nonregistered) friend of mine (via PBEM). I'm playing the elves again (I let him choose). Do you want me to report the result and general opinion? He's a beginner in this game, but played quite some Strategy before.

-greywind

posted 02-02-03 05:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 76  
(Thx, would be great! )

Day 2: Arachnia.

Took some outpost and gathered resources..

posted 02-03-03 04:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 76  
Serena day 3

More troop movement.
Captured a mine and almost a second.

TS

posted 02-03-03 12:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 76  
Arachnia

Moving, no contact yet.

posted 02-03-03 02:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 76  
Serena day 4

Moving very careful now. Probably made a wrong decision. We shall see. Took another mine.

TS

OOC: It can get a bit confusing if you play the same map / same race with two different players at almost the same turn

posted 02-03-03 03:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 76  
Moving and preparing..

OOC: Same here, I always hope I send the right turn too the right person..

posted 02-03-03 04:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 76  
Serena day 5

Uh-oh, I am running out of money... And mana!
And I can sense the presence of the enemy!
Captured a town today. We will see if I can hold it until tomorrow.

TS

posted 02-03-03 04:36 PM EDT (US)     12 / 76  
Hmmm..

posted 02-04-03 04:35 AM EDT (US)     13 / 76  

Serena day ?

Contact!

We dispatched an enemy scout too close to our new city.
But taking into account how careless Arachna thinks about the life of one fighter, she may have planned that already and is preparing a sneaky move by now. I should be careful!
We shall see what tomorrow brings...

TS

[This message has been edited by greywind (edited 02-04-2003 @ 04:35 AM).]

posted 02-04-03 12:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 76  
Arachnia

Hmmmm.. we smell Gladerunners..

On other fronts things don't go too well. A large Dwarven army is approaching and to the north our army is advancing to retake the mine!

Erm.. stupid scout!

posted 02-04-03 01:31 PM EDT (US)     15 / 76  
Serena day 7

The "large dwarven army" has the frightening feeling that the forces of Arachna are quite close by and ready to strike. But I planted some courage in their hearts and motivation in their minds and so they are marching forward! If slow...
Still we have no sight of the enemy in the north except for that scout, but this may change soon.
We know that Arachna is an opponent not to underestimate and we recognise her attempts to lull us in safety and lure us into a trap. For this is the only art of war she and her wicked people know.

TS

posted 02-04-03 04:28 PM EDT (US)     16 / 76  
And a trap it was!

All the Dwarves were slaughtered.. yet, at a great cost.

(smart move, standing in the opening. This was the only way (next to retreating) of avoiding the trap to work as intended. Now my forces had to split and unfortunately I made the wrong decision on what strike force to go first. Most of my troops were stone-skinned.
I had to do something as I was waiting for that sandwich trap for a day, losing precious time. In the end I think you took advantage of the situation the most..)
If this was intended you sure don't play like a newby!

posted 02-05-03 05:21 AM EDT (US)     17 / 76  
Serena day 8

This day will be remembered as 'The massacre of Danny´s Bayou'!
I ordered six minutes of silence, one minute for each of the fallen fighters. Their courage and bravery will always be remembered!

It was a vicious trap, set up by the forces of the hatred enemy.
Our dwarves fought like lions with all the strength of their kind and indeed managed to slay the horrid shade and his companions, but when the second attack came upon them, they could not prevail! They fell to the dark elven strike force lead by a monstrous chimera half spider half woman.

This dark day will also mark a change in the tunes of war. The enemy has shown her wicked face. Now the struggle for resources has come to an end and the real war will begin!
Today we will grieve.
Tomorrow we shall battle!

TS

PS: Thanx for the flowers, but it was also luck with it (movement dependent ).
But it has been a very exciting match for me until now as well, and I'm sure it will go on like this.

(By the way, 250 GP vs 290 GP + some mana sounds like a tie to me. Of course, with the combined forces... )

And this IS one of my first pbem games. I play another one now, a 2vs2, but we are still in the beginning there. And I hope, my ally will back me up for my mistakes (hello WitchKing ).

[This message has been edited by greywind (edited 02-05-2003 @ 07:38 AM).]

posted 02-05-03 09:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 76  
*grmble*grumble*lucky*grmbl*grmble*

The Dwarven bodies were eaten, except for their beards. We are setting up traps elsewhere but with more patience..

posted 02-05-03 10:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 76  
Serena day 9

Indeed a grim fate for our heroes. But we will carve them out of the undead meat of our enemies one time...

Otherwise a day of consolidation. Still not enough money. And what is that freaky creature doing there on the lake?

TS

posted 02-05-03 11:27 AM EDT (US)     20 / 76  
Still eating..

Our boarrider smelled a Gladerunner but was unable to kill it. Information is what he needs, eh? Well, we'll make sure they won't get any wiser! (just us getting richer..).

posted 02-05-03 11:58 AM EDT (US)     21 / 76  
Serena day 10

Troop movement. Playing games of "Find the Gladerunner" with my counselor to improve my tactics.

Hmmm, our enemy seems to have a hero already. This is a luxury we cannot compete with. Maybe I shall put a note in all the taverns that a fearless and skilled warrier is wanted. Good payment and free drinks included!

TS

[This message has been edited by greywind (edited 02-05-2003 @ 11:59 AM).]

posted 02-05-03 02:05 PM EDT (US)     22 / 76  

Quote:

Playing games of "Find the Gladerunner" with my counselor to improve my tactics.

Haven't you learned the Dark Elves can read minds?

posted 02-05-03 02:16 PM EDT (US)     23 / 76  
hmmm. Got the old turn. Can you resend?
posted 02-06-03 12:19 PM EDT (US)     24 / 76  
Newsflash:

The game between me and my friend ended by Surrender of the forces of Arachna at day 13.
That was when I captured the Orc town and he realised that now I would easily outproduce him.
It would have taken another 5-6 turns before I could attack his Wiz Tower though, because that was where he retreated all his forces. So there could still have been a turning point.

Anyway, also in this game I hadn't got a hero til the end and he got his at turn 11.
Is there any trick by getting the hero, like having to have enough money available and stuff? Or is it intended?

However, he also liked the map and maybe we are going to have a rematch with swapped sides.

Edit: I would send you the turn log if you would understand german

Back to topic: I still have only the old turn...

[This message has been edited by greywind (edited 02-06-2003 @ 12:23 PM).]

posted 02-06-03 01:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 76  
I would be really interested in the log!

I have no idea of the quality of the players, I think you are a pretty fast/good player and on day 13 sounds like your blitz worked on him!
Even more interested in your next game! German should be no problem..

I gave the Elves some disadvantages but they are the better race by far. I am playing against Waterfly as Elves and if I win THAT, I know for sure that the Dark Elves need even more help (Waterfly has very good reputation).

The hero thing is an oversight. The final version will give both players a hero at the start. It is too unbalancing, imo.
A chance that if you can afford and have a good reputation are probably factors of importance, but still a random chance..
I'm also thinking about giving the DE a War Hall to start with.

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 02-06-2003 @ 02:18 PM).]

posted 02-06-03 04:07 PM EDT (US)     26 / 76  
Serena day 11

Damn! I keep on losing this stupid game. And every time, my counselor wins, he gets this evil grin on his face. I wonder....

Anyway, captured another mine today. Still running low on gold.

TS

PS: I dont have any idea about how to balance a map. And in that game with my friend we both used different tactics than the ones that are used here.
A Hero for the start would probably be a good idea for both sides.
But I can imagine the one or the other way I would try to win with the dark elves... A war hall to start with would be very dangerous! A couple of Blade dancers with stone skin and concealment would be deadly in the right hands on this map. (Uh-oh; hope I didn't say too much...)

posted 02-07-03 06:49 PM EDT (US)     27 / 76  
Thx for the tips! For all you know there might be some stationed next to your capitol already!
Speed/movement is very essential in this game. Very much compared to AoW1 where it was mostly a factor for transport. Now speed has a clear combat funtion as well! DE lack it compared to elves. Also, you can rushbuild horseriders and I can't rush lvl 2 units.. hence the outbuilding.. D'oh, giving away tips too..)

A warhall might give the DE an overbalanced starting advantage if well played. Perhaps I'll add a goldmine instead.

posted 02-07-03 07:55 PM EDT (US)     28 / 76  
Serena day 12

Oh well, the Gladerunner was lost. I should think of something else to cope with that. ANyway, elswhere my troups had some boarmeat for lunch today again.

TS

(If I remember right, my dwarves managed to slay both of your concealment units, and I would be quite surprised if you have some of those next to my capitol now...)

posted 02-08-03 04:52 AM EDT (US)     29 / 76  
Arachnia.

Enjoy the boar meat! *grmbl*

(Sometimes the comp is a bit slow. I set a boar to check if it can reach a goldmine. *click* (seemingly nothing happens) *click* Oeps, boar goes all the way! D'oh!)

posted 02-08-03 07:42 AM EDT (US)     30 / 76  
Serena

Oh NOOOO! This will surely spell my doom! I sent my brave Iron maiden to attack the enemy without noticing how strong his forces were
To make things worse, one of my scouts was so stunned by the sight of the defeat, that he completely forgot to hide himself from enemy sight!
This was really a bad day!

(just had sort of the same experience as you had. Just much more painful for me! Curse the touchpad!)

posted 02-08-03 08:16 AM EDT (US)     31 / 76  
Could you resend, I am getting Serena's turn and double checked.. I F5'd my way outta there so didn't see your turn.

Don't wanna miss this turn!!
--------------

Well, well.. looks like we tought the Elves a lesson in being careful.. Now we will march on and perhaps find ourselves strong enough to take a village!

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 02-08-2003 @ 10:12 AM).]

posted 02-08-03 11:03 AM EDT (US)     32 / 76  
Serena

Looks like it will be a matter of speed now. And I'm not sure if I can win this time *sigh*.
We'll see.

TS

(Damn! I'm still not over that blunder of mine ! But at least you got a chance now )

[This message has been edited by greywind (edited 02-08-2003 @ 11:47 AM).]

posted 02-08-03 07:13 PM EDT (US)     33 / 76  
Hmmmm.. something fishy going on here?

posted 02-09-03 07:30 AM EDT (US)     34 / 76  
Serena

grrrr! Not fast enough!

TS

posted 02-09-03 09:22 AM EDT (US)     35 / 76  
Indeed, indeed..

posted 02-09-03 10:01 AM EDT (US)     36 / 76  
Serena

Oh well, things are looking grim indeed! Lost that human village of ours and others are yet to follow!
Still no hero in sight...

TS

That hero you have there is really a BIG advantage, bringing all those spells to the battle. I actually thought I could hold this village, if not all your forces would attack (as happened).

posted 02-09-03 11:56 AM EDT (US)     37 / 76  
Stationed troops, got rid of nosy spies and continued the march forward..

(Yep, the hero thing will be the first to be corrected in the tournament version. Stupid of me to have not noticed beforehand.)

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 02-09-2003 @ 11:57 AM).]

posted 02-09-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     38 / 76  
Serena

Preparing for the enemy attack.
And bringing the battle to him as well...

TS

posted 02-09-03 04:29 PM EDT (US)     39 / 76  
Took the halfling underground village as well and aim our eye on the capitol..

We spotted 2 halflings shouting ugly words at our human settlement. Hmmm.. must be that filthy folk from down at that campsite we ignored. To our suprise we found a Gladerunner as well!

posted 02-09-03 04:49 PM EDT (US)     40 / 76  
Serena

Oh, we are waiting for a miracle. Or a hero to come...
Not that I would have the money now that two villages are gone.
But if lucky, we capture another village tomorrow.
If not... We will suffer pain and sorrow!

TS

This looks like it will come to an end soon. I expected (again) that my shooters would be more effective...

[This message has been edited by greywind (edited 02-09-2003 @ 04:52 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Ladder: Danny's Sock-tournament (beta) (Greywind, Swolte)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames