You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 10Round1 Game6 Hope's End (Charx vs badborre_dk)
posted 09-05-10 10:27 PM EDT (US)   
2010 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #6
Map: Hope's End

------------------------------------------------------------
Gruumsh - Charx - charx AT gmx DOT net
Furio - badborre_dk - bjoernborre AT gmail DOT com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.
* You MUST password protect your turn.

* Special rules for HopesEnd:
- You are not allowed to use the spell "Recall Hero" to bring Gruumsh to the Wizard's side, or to use the spell "Shadow Shift" to kill the Gruumsh Wizard. You may be forced to forfeit the game if this rule is broken.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Replies:
posted 09-06-10 02:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 1

We freed the gate district of any Archon terrorism.

ts

Good luck & have fun!
posted 09-06-10 05:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
Round 1: Furios mind is upon ressource-gathering and army-building. (So whats new?)

Looking forward towards the turns to come.

ts - have a nice game Charx, I understand this map is yours, quite a challange. :-)
posted 09-07-10 12:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 2

Some incredible bad luck made us suffer a really painful loss today.

ts
posted 09-09-10 08:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
Round 2: Underground I got what I wanted, a summon spell and a nice enchanmentspell. Oh and a nice catalyst too.

Wasted a turn on the surface, due to stupid movement.

TS
posted 09-10-10 03:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 3

We are distributing the medals equally between all our units and we are pushing forward as fast as we can.

ts
posted 09-10-10 03:49 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
Furio day 3:
two annoying battles which leaves my armies in dire need of healing. Secured additional and well needed income and mana structure.

ts
posted 09-10-10 06:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 4

Healing would be nice, you name it. Meanwhile, we spend some money here and there to buy some recruits. Tomorrow we might have a go against that annoying watch tower.

ts
posted 09-11-10 02:31 AM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
furio day 4. All movement today no battles

ts
posted 09-11-10 03:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 5

Another loss at the western front. However, that watchtower is now mine.

ts

PS: Caused a restart message because of the boat bug. Will pay more attention next time.
posted 09-12-10 09:59 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
Furio day 5: killed some infidels for a very fine reward. Wasted a boat. But what do I need a boat for, I can fly

ts

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-12-2010 @ 10:00 AM).]

posted 09-12-10 05:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 6

We are having some problems at home, but nothing we could not handle.

ts
posted 09-13-10 01:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
Furio round 6:
Captured a mine and three nodes. All well needed in the long run. As usual we are in need of healing (and gold).

ts

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-13-2010 @ 01:12 PM).]

posted 09-13-10 02:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 7

If my sister would still be alive, she would wear a nice armor now

The Archons will pay for this soon!

ts
posted 09-13-10 03:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
Furio day 7.

Gold gold gold. Finally I got lots of it. Had to kill an anoying dancing fellow first.

Soon we will crush the rebellion..

ts
posted 09-13-10 04:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 8

Well, the gold is flowing now, also for us. And you don't need to walk far to crush us, we are planning to come to you.

ts
posted 09-13-10 04:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
Day 8. Oh you will be coming over soon you say? Great. See you, IŽll have a little something speciel prepared for you.

The day just flew away.

ts
posted 09-14-10 03:54 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 9

Due to certain unlucky circumstances we need to delay our visit for 1-2 days. In the caves, we can see that Grog is approaching! Lets see how we can welcome him...

ts
posted 09-14-10 05:45 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
Day 9 - Am I being to cautious?

ts

Day 10: I got pissed off with his heroes scrambling around my border. Sent out a flyŽnŽrun squad. Mission accomplished, heŽs down two heroes, a bladedancer, a shade, and some minor units. Sadly it wasnt free for either. Lots of efreets have returned to their pits of fire.

ts

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-15-2010 @ 03:39 PM).]

posted 09-15-10 12:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 10

Well, thats a good question. Its day 10 now and i haven't yet seen your army except of that small stack with Grog - which is heading back home by the way.

ts
posted 09-16-10 12:40 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 11

Damn, the first big battle goes to Furio. He attacked my jungle-exploration-8-stack with Noorna, 5 Efreets (!) and a manticore and killed 7 of them and seduced TheTongue!
However, we also killed all Efreets and injured Noorna and the manticore seriously. This was a close fight!

The income structures are still ours and we put up another exploration party to guard them.

ts
posted 09-16-10 02:26 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
Furio day 11.

Mr G still has an 8 stack guarding the income structures in the west. Must find a most cunning plan to rid him of them. Hey wait, I have it! All out attack. :-)

ts

Furio day 12:
Captured the income structures. Waiting to se how much your can bring towards me on other fronts

ts

Please note Im unable to play until wednesday the 22. september due to work and travelling abroad.

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-19-2010 @ 04:06 PM).]

posted 09-20-10 03:44 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
this one will be played tomorrow, as Badborre is away anyway.
posted 09-21-10 04:01 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 13

Another big battle lost in the jungle. The manticore won it alone as it seems. The income structures now belong to Furio.

ts
posted 09-21-10 05:32 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
day 14:

Aboveground: Recaptured a city. Seduced a spy. Captured some more mines.

Belowground: Whats thats noise from the walls you say? Trolls, nah It cant be. We cleared out those prison a loooooong time ago, its impossible for an army to come from there.

What? And trouble from the underground river you say. You are fired you lousy paranoid servent. Who would dare attack us anyway, we win every large battle, everyone knows, even gruumsh.

(Is the battle moving towards end game now?)

ts.

Note: I generated a restart message due to playing from my laptap. Ill keep playing hopes end on this machine, in order to avoid any more messages.
Note2: I received a restart message from gruumsh as well.

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-21-2010 @ 05:33 PM).]

posted 09-22-10 03:45 AM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
PS: Thats true. Restart because of system new install. I have had restarts in all other games as well.
posted 09-22-10 01:46 PM EDT (US)     26 / 30  
Gruumsh, day 14

And this is the end. Furio won 2 big battles on the surface, and another 2 underground, but the war is won by Gruumsh, who led the final attack by himself against Furio's tower.

ts

GG Badborre and thanks for the game! I wish you all the best for your other games!
posted 09-22-10 03:05 PM EDT (US)     27 / 30  
Ladies and gents, live at the scene where Charx just defeated badborre on his own map. Charx, it seemed you were in trouble in this match quite a bit! Did you expect such resistance, or was it all part of a plan?

Badborre, do you think you had a chance in this match? What would you have done differently?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-22-10 03:44 PM EDT (US)     28 / 30  
Congrats Charx! From the logs I gathered badborre was going to win this one. Must have been close.

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings |SM|> #E4ED38 #EBEBEB #CC2D29 #CC29D5
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men |SM|> #DE8EA4 #F09245 #D2BE92 #BDBDE8 #558CDD
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead |SM|> #1DDB38 #83795A #2CAAA4 #AC762A
Colors for AoW1 and AoWSM **A Proud Member of the Unofficial Patch Team!** ~2010 AoWSM PBEM Singles Champion~ http://blog.noblemaster.com/
posted 09-23-10 02:53 AM EDT (US)     29 / 30  
What i wrote was true. I was in control of most of the surface, including the dwarven area and most of the underground. I had about 16-18 units in the jungle, but split them up because i became too greedy. Somehow, Furio managed to kill them all. In battle, all my units focused on the manticore and hit him very often, but it always got healed by Noorna i think. On top of that, Noorna seduced the tongue and another unit in fast combat! Another nice move by Badborre was to give Noorna the water-walking item to seduce a spy on water! So, the jungle area was lost, but the game was still under control. I knew that most of his army went there, so that i could dig through without concerns with my other greater army. I also used the sewers for a distraction approach and had to sacrifice 10 units there to empty Furio's casting points before the final attack.
However, if that attack had not been successful, the game would have become very hard to win for me.
posted 09-27-10 05:12 AM EDT (US)     30 / 30  
Simply put I was much to less agressive. Allowed G to capture almost all the world.

My lack of progress early on, was due to the fact that I have only played the map once - and havent godt time for playtesting, editor-viewing etc. So I play for the fun of it, but would of cause love to win.

From the start I knew it would be a challange against the mapmaker himself.

I won a couple of large battles, was a little bit lucky, but had positioned most of my armies on it, so many that I could surprise Charx with it. Sadly my raise in income came 3-4 turns to late to properly prepare for defense at home underground.

I had hoped for one round more before the final attack, in order to get a lot more of my returning armies and heroes to the castle. But sadly they didnt make it, and sadly grumss could move lots of armies a f**ucking lon way underground.

All in all a fine game - next time I will get your Charx.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 10Round1 Game6 Hope's End (Charx vs badborre_dk)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames