You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 10Round1 Game38 Oceania (zelenenkiy vs badborre_dk)
posted 09-05-10 10:40 PM EDT (US)   
2010 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #38
Map: Oceania

------------------------------------------------------------
O'Brien - zelenenkiy - maxhunterrr AT gmail DOT com
Goldstein - badborre_dk - bjoernborre AT gmail DOT com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.
* You MUST password protect your turn.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Replies:
posted 09-13-10 11:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
Note: Zelenenkiy has problems with installation. Working on solution.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-14-10 09:36 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
O'Brien began to capture islands

[This message has been edited by zelenenkiy (edited 09-14-2010 @ 09:37 AM).]

posted 09-14-10 03:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
I recieved the turn from Z - but upon opening my turn Im being asked for a password which I havent set up yet. Seems Z has properly forgotten to finish his turn. I have Z to resend.

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-14-2010 @ 03:44 PM).]

posted 09-15-10 05:10 AM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
I have opened a game without problems. They start your first move. No password I have not asked. I re-send you save game.
If you re not be able to open the game, try to send it to someone from the judges, they have my password, I think they understand what the problems.
posted 09-15-10 08:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
Please let me know if you guys need help!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-15-10 03:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
Round 1. Finally we begin. Sadly a rather rough start, surprisingly lost a unit in my first battle, shouldnt have happened.

ts
posted 09-16-10 05:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
O'Brien day 2

Сapture of the island, a battle with brazen neutrals.
It's time to move to the mainland
posted 09-16-10 11:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
Round 2: slow start

ts

Round 3: I feel I lack momentum and a masterplan on how to win this island

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-16-2010 @ 02:28 PM).]

posted 09-16-10 11:53 AM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
O'Brien day 3

The first fight and first win on the mainland...

O'Brien day 4

Maneuvers, the sale and purchase...

[This message has been edited by zelenenkiy (edited 09-17-2010 @ 04:20 AM).]

posted 09-18-10 05:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
ts.

Please note Im unable to play until wednesday the 22. september due to work and travelling abroad.

[This message has been edited by badborre_dk (edited 09-19-2010 @ 04:06 PM).]

posted 09-20-10 08:22 AM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
I am sorry, I did not pay attention to this rule (
Messages about restarting the game probably due to the fact that I deleted all the contents of the folder EmailIn, my friend Oleg123 warned that this can not be done, you only need to overwrite saves. And yet - perhaps a message will appear at this time - I replaced the working computer, as I warned Swolt, although the game remained the same, I just copied it without installation. I understand that these violations of the rules look not good. So I understand you, if you exclude me from the tournament and will monitor it from the side, or you can replay those games, especially since there are only 3 running. Once again sorry for the inexperience and poor knowledge of English.

O'Brien day 5
Closer to the enemy capital. Destruction of enemy aircraft.
posted 09-21-10 02:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
round 4: The sneaking flying bastard is apporcinh. Must regroup in a hurrty. Luckyli I was able to solve a quest så I got some well neded reinforcements.

Note: Your restartmessage is noted. If it doesent repeat itself without explaination im all good with it.

ts
posted 09-22-10 05:05 AM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
O'Brien day 6

Spy of O'Brien was very surprised when he came to no one guarded enemy capital, and even more surprised when he alone managed to destroy it. When comander heard the news, he realized that the war is won.
posted 09-22-10 08:57 AM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
Yeah, just to confirm, we have been in touch over email about the issue. It's all good.

posted 09-23-10 02:47 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
a capital. Who needs it.

ts
posted 09-24-10 07:03 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
O'Brien day 7
Brought under control last Goldstein's city
posted 09-26-10 05:49 AM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
ts. got myself a city
posted 09-26-10 10:00 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
I can do all their moves only on Tuesday morning (GMT +3)
I apologize for the delay

O'Brien day 8
Joined by a very strange character - I've never seen such a monster). Destroyed by an earth elemental enemy. Total map control.

[This message has been edited by zelenenkiy (edited 09-28-2010 @ 08:41 AM).]

posted 09-29-10 00:22 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
- Noted edit -

posted 09-29-10 01:17 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Decided to end the pain. Killed myself in a suicide attack aginst obrian. Didnt stand a chance of surviving next round anyhow.

My play on this map has to be the worst in all the tournament. Started out badly and foolisly. And everything, I mean everything soon got worse. :-(

Congrats with the victory Z.
posted 09-29-10 09:21 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
Ladies and gentlemen, we are live at the scene where Zelenenkiy defeated badborre_dk! Congratulations, Zelenenkiy, with your first victory! What was your strategy for this match? The O'Brien player seems harder to play!
Badborre_dk, you mentioned this was your worst game. What were some of your mistakes?

posted 09-30-10 03:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
Congrats, Z!

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 10-01-10 05:05 AM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
Thanks, Oleg123 and Swolte for the congratulations!

Indeed, to play for the dragons on the ocean is much more difficult if the opponent at least one level with yourself. I go along the ground, capturing 2 towns on the way to the capital, people and adding a tramp, who as intelligence officer to send the enemy castle. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that the castle - empty! But even more surprising was the fact that he single-handedly destroyed the capital! next was a matter of technique. Generally believe that the Oceania and Hopes End highly unbalanced, and the dragon and Arhonts them with equal force competitors is extremely difficult. Sorry google translate for this stupid translate )))
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 10Round1 Game38 Oceania (zelenenkiy vs badborre_dk)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames