You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 10Round1 Game41 UpNUnder (The_Stranger vs Castanieda)
posted 09-05-10 10:52 PM EDT (US)   
2010 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #41
Map: UpNUnder

------------------------------------------------------------
Mrs Dwarf - The_Stranger - bradjosse AT gmail DOT com
Mr Dwarf - Castanieda - ro-probst AT t-online DOT de
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.
* You MUST password protect your turn.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Replies:
posted 09-07-10 01:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
A bit of skirmishing...but all the maps are confused in my head now. I'm sure I fought someone!
posted 09-07-10 06:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf Day 1,

my lands are full of treasures. We take the liberty to take them!

ts
posted 09-08-10 05:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf Day 2+3

taking structures and a city. So far we live with that a illusion that everything is going well....

ts
posted 09-08-10 05:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
Had 6 units take a hack at a Centaur...couldn't kill him. So, next turn he promptly hits one of my units three straight times and sends him to heaven (I hope!).
posted 09-08-10 05:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
Mr.Dwarf Day 5

had to take some painful losses. Runemaster good fighters? That was a lore.

ts
posted 09-09-10 06:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf Day 6,

new plans had to be made due to the old one being only half-successful.

ts
posted 09-10-10 02:06 AM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Looking for a human enemy to fight, finally
posted 09-10-10 05:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf Day 7

my Ex wife killed a harmless boar of mine that we actually raised to be eaten one day. This act of feminine brutality will not go without appropriate response.

On the other side, we took a big risk today and to our own great surprise it was well rewarded!

ts
posted 09-12-10 06:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
Well, if you're going to replace me with a pig, you deserve no better!

Have you sent the next turn to me?
posted 09-12-10 10:12 AM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf, Day 7,

thatīs why I replaced you first place! This constant violence towards your husband made me fall in love with a pig. So peaceful and yet yummie!

Other than the pig front, no exciting news today!

ts
posted 09-13-10 06:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf Day 9,

today was the game breaking day. Our misguided army decided to take back "(wo)man above ground" with an army of 9 units against 8 units of our foe. Balance was supposedly about even, with a hero, 2 runemasters, a gargoyle on each side. He had 2 treemen and a boar, I had a ranger a boar rider an engineer and 2 fairies. Plus my units were buffed with stone skin and enchanted weapon. I lost the battle and he lost the boar and the gargoyle!

These are the moments when i hate war or rather, this game? :-)
posted 09-14-10 05:32 AM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
I invited them for tea, and they liked it so much that they stayed for burial. What can I say, I'm THAT charismatic.
posted 09-14-10 05:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
Turn 10. Lost one of my best units...to a boar. I feel like I don't deserve my soldier's respect...
posted 09-14-10 07:27 AM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf,

if Im not busy killing myself, surely the Indies do!
Preparing a lousy, mean ambush that might turn the tide!

ts
posted 09-15-10 02:30 AM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf,

it seems madame finally and unfortunately realized how vulnerable we are to invasion. The countdown has begun!
posted 09-16-10 00:16 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
I lost my favourite hero, but I think Mr. Dwarf will lose his beard, shortly. A fair trade?
posted 09-16-10 04:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
can u resend? didnt get the turn.....
posted 09-16-10 04:33 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
Mr. Dwarf was heading for the hills. I met him there!

GG and Fun Game!

Brad
posted 09-16-10 04:43 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
Beaten by my own wife! Like in real life, eh?

Good game. Congratulations Brad!
posted 09-17-10 06:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Ladies and gentlemen, we are live at the scene where The Stranger has obtained his first victory against Castanieda! The Stranger, did you apply linear tactics this time? What was the secret?

Castanieda, how did you experience the game. Was there anything you could have done differently?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-17-10 07:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
Swolte, first let me say what a pleasure it is to be interviewed by you. Your smooth voice, sincere attention, and soothing presence alone was worth joining the tournament for.
posted 09-17-10 07:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
Regarding your question, because I hadn't looked at either of the maps, I really didn't have a clue what the h*ll was going on for most of the game.

Fortunately, my hero got tunneling, and I hired a couple of Ents, which allowed me to storm Cast's tower while he was away chasing some nymphs.
posted 09-18-10 03:30 AM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
Basically I think I lost, because of two extremely unlucky battles. The first one was 2 runemasters and a hero (all injured) in their newly captured human town, being attacked by 3 human soldiers(!). You never saw runemasters go down so quickly! And another one against Brad that I saw an even battle, went down terribly for me. So I think I was putting up quite a decent fight but in the Brad deserved to win. But Iīll be back!!!!!
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 10Round1 Game41 UpNUnder (The_Stranger vs Castanieda)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames