You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Thundarr Swolte: OBLIVION (WL)
posted 03-11-03 01:59 PM EDT (US)   
Map by Karmic (ask me if you want the balanced tournament version!).

Set in the North-Eastern part of the Earthsea, where two wizards, Ged and the God King of Kargad, are about to clash in a bloody conflict. Ged repelled the God King's first attack on the island of Gont with a simple spell. Now Ged has grown up to become a wizard, and the God King seeks revenge. Also they are both after the powerful artifact, the Ring of Erreth-Akbe.

We play by:
- BTOOIC activated
- Latest patch v1.2
- Ladder game rules (+ house rules)

Thundarr: God King
Swolte:
Ged

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-11-2003 @ 04:59 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-11-03 04:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 32  
Day 1

Picking up whats lying around and looking with a certain amount of trepidation at the warning sign underground.

turn sent

posted 03-11-03 05:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 32  
Day 1: Ged

A splendid day.. all our objectives were made. We now aim for the nearest island!
Our captain is ready to leave the shores!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-11-03 05:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 32  
God King Day 2

We send units off on the royal yacht to an island not far away. Underground we gear up for our first real test.

ts

posted 03-11-03 05:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 32  
Turn plz!
(before going to sleep)

posted 03-11-03 07:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 32  
resent
posted 03-12-03 10:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 32  
Ged:day 2

A quiet day of sailing. The soft breeze is refreshing and tomorrow we will explore more land.

--------------------------------------
ps, got your autosent as well, perhaps it took some time?

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-12-2003 @ 10:55 AM).]

posted 03-12-03 12:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 32  
God King Day 3

I land and pick up some gold before noticing some pirates approaching. I sound retreat and look for less crowded islands to explore.

My hero explored a magic vault and received some mana and a spell.

turn sent

thanks for fixing the defense level of the vault from medium to weak.

posted 03-12-03 02:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 32  
Ged: day 3

Pirates? us?
Hear them scoundrels talking!

We captured the tower and attempt to bring the island under our control. The human town is well defended, too well..
We will have to be more patient.

---------------
Erm.. thx, but I fear I can't take credit, the vault was set to average but there's a 'bug' in the game that causes the pre-setting to not always correspond..

posted 03-12-03 03:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 32  
God King Day 4

My heroes move to respond to the new pirate threat only to be surprised by a spider queen and her minions who assassinate my lone dwarf and make it to the surface. No doubt to create more havoc.

My heroes wheel their chargers and dispatch the SQ with no casualties.

turn sent

whats with the SQ attack. I thought they were set to guard not guard area.

posted 03-12-03 03:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 32  
Ged: day 4

Day of moving..
-------------
You've just discovered the first mistake, the were set to 'auto' in your area (and not in mine). If you feel it put you at a disadvantage we could
A: restart.
B: I give you 20 gold.

Or we could just continue and ignore it.

posted 03-12-03 05:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 32  
God King Day 5

Strolling around looking for action. I was looking forward to putting on a little pirate BBQ. But my main menu item has disappeared.

turn sent

swolte 20 gp would be fine. I'll just build a new berserker to replace him. You might want to put one more small city on the main island. It would make things happen much faster on the tournament.

posted 03-13-03 02:33 AM EDT (US)     12 / 32  
Ged

We continue to explore!

20 gp given!

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-13-2003 @ 03:03 PM).]

posted 03-14-03 11:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 32  
Ged

A terrible day.. We will advance more carefully now..

posted 03-15-03 08:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 32  
God King

My hero dined on some tasty frog legs at her new island. My other hero wanders around looking for action.

turn sent

posted 03-16-03 05:42 AM EDT (US)     15 / 32  
Ged

A day of moving and reinforcing! Fought some battles and won 'm all! Our scouts got hungry from the fighting, searched the area for frog legs and found frog.

We're having frog legs too!

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-16-2003 @ 05:42 AM).]

posted 03-16-03 12:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 32  
God King

I avenged my lost froggie by having another frog leg BBQ. Looks like Ged and I will be putting on some extra weight pretty soon.

Not much else on the island that I have the manpower to take over without a lot of losses so I move on.

turn sent

posted 03-16-03 01:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 32  
Ged

We smell another frog in the neighbourhood. Fast scouts are on their way to intercept the creature before it threatens resources and ships.

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-16-2003 @ 01:55 PM).]

posted 03-16-03 06:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 32  
God King

My froggies are eyeing Ged's water walking detroyer with lust in their revengeful eyes.

Explored a ruin.

turn sent

posted 03-17-03 12:10 PM EDT (US)     19 / 32  
Ged

Took the human town and recaptured a tower. Watched a battle with an enemy hero engaging goblin bombers.

posted 03-17-03 05:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 32  
Ged: day 11

Hmmmm.. our horse scout found no frog and decided to tease the God King instead. The frog has to be out there somewhere.. precautions are taken to catch it as soon as possible.

The cavern explorations might prove beneficial..

posted 03-17-03 09:16 PM EDT (US)     21 / 32  
God King Day 12

My froggie, not wanting to end up roasting over a campfire, called for reenforcements to track down the water walking cavalry, with Ged's hero in tow.

My hero answered his froggie call for help and emerged victorious, minus his froggie support unit. That frogleg munching calvaryman was given a dose of froggie revenge.

Nothing like a death striking sword to even the odds.

Underground the denizens are a bit too hairy for my small company. We look elsewhere for entertainment.

turn sent

posted 03-18-03 12:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 32  
Ged

The battle seemed to tip to our side, when the cavalry and hero stood against God King's hero. The frog was dead before he knew it.
With some hard blows wounds fell on both sides when only Ati and Asra (?) stood against eachother.
One strike with the dark sword was enough to put an end to our beloved hero! Argh..

But, there might be some tricks up our sleeve..

Another hero of ours spotted a ship that was carrying Halfling cargo.. what a chance! Ham (I believe) jumped on board and sunk it right away! payback time!
He tried to save the precious cargo but the halflings sunk like rock (should have tought some to swim! ).

The frog that caught our windmill formed a delicious meal. We keep on hunting and wary..

posted 03-18-03 07:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 32  
God King

The sounds of drowning halflings haunt my sleep. I was remiss in not creating a navy earlier. But my lazy froggy that was guarding the ship swooped in for revenge on Ged's murderous hero. Nothing like a little ice storm to kill a halfling hero.

The hobbit gods will be smiling now that we have brought a traiterous halfling hero to justice.

The fishies must be eating well tonight.

turn sent

posted 03-19-03 08:50 AM EDT (US)     24 / 32  
Ged

We grow more displeased with the enemy frogs every day.. now, one single frog cost the loss of our only hero, Ham.. 'Fortunately', this loss was incalcultated so we continue with our plans.

Oh, and we keep on hunting for frogs, especially that one..

Our own frog revealed himself and directly took some revenge by taking a windmill and watchtower..

posted 03-19-03 12:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 32  
God King

Uneventful day. My hero was a bit too slow and the dwarf escaped in the galley before I could give him a warm welcome.

I think I'll take a nap while I build the shipyards.

turn sent

posted 03-19-03 01:15 PM EDT (US)     26 / 32  
Ged

Sleep tight, little God..

We'll be extra silent..

posted 03-19-03 03:46 PM EDT (US)     27 / 32  
ts

posted 03-20-03 00:39 AM EDT (US)     28 / 32  
God King

zzzzz

turn sent

posted 03-20-03 01:16 PM EDT (US)     29 / 32  
Ged

A secret plan was executed while the God King was asleep..

We think the God King will be displeased, uhm.. very displeased when he wakes up..

posted 03-20-03 02:14 PM EDT (US)     30 / 32  
God King

zzzz, wha? what's going on? 2 heroes biting the dust. Looks like the God King is about to go back to the void soon.

turn sent

posted 03-20-03 03:29 PM EDT (US)     31 / 32  
Ged

That was one crucial nap..
We have a nice fire for you to watch now, as well!

My troops now fully control the sea and can raze/take whatever resources we want. The northern island is still inhabited by the God King's troops but are cut off from his main island.

posted 03-21-03 12:30 PM EDT (US)     32 / 32  
Ged

The God King surrendered his forces and we won!
*cheers*

Thanks a lot for the exciting game!

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Thundarr Swolte: OBLIVION (WL)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames