You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FINAL-BTOOIC TOURNAMENT: Oblivion (Troy Locker vs Waterfly)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-21-03 09:50 AM EDT (US)   
Hello contestants and spectators! We have finally arrived at the final of this exciting tournament!
Welcome for the match between Troy and Waterfly!

Waterfly is long known to be an expert player, even in the time of AoW1. With these tons of experience and skill he convincingly won the Manarush lake, beat Kris Lighthawk(!) in the Valley of Wonders and will now face Troy Locker. He seems innovative, very dangerous and unstoppable..
But hold your bets, though..
Troy is not to be underestimated at all, he has gained himself quite some reputation with the ladder competition and in this tournament. Building up a lot of experience in the field of Aow2 against/with a lot of different players, it's absolutely no luck he's in this final.. Passed the Academy of War with a higher rank and is even more battle-hardened after the war of Danny's Sock with Ellumesh. A true general, and highly recommended..

The battleground is a difficult and treacherous one, worthy of the best players. Oblivion (a map by Karmic) consists of many islands with a lot of cities. A dark underground maze is filled with resources and dangerous monsters. With the reliance on water transports, a mistake is easily made (offensive as well as defensive). Care and careful planning are essential in these dangerous waters. Don't get surprised, one mistake could mean the end..

May the best player win!!

* Ged: Troy Locker (trulzi@yahoo.no)
* God King: Waterfly (torsten.staedler@t-online.de)

We play by:
- tournament rules
- Allied victory-off
- No 'official' diplomatic relations
- BTOOIC activated
- Latest patch, v1.2 installed

(I start the game when I get home.. Balance changes will only be made in the map before the turns have been sent)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 04-21-2003 @ 03:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-21-03 11:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 69  
-this looks like it will be a really exciting battle! Can't wait to read the logs...

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 04-21-03 11:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 69  
I am packing stuff since days, since I am moving my home on Saturday from Munich to Augsburg, although I have the comp on til Friday, I wont be able to play before I move.
My internet connection should be bakc on the 2nd of May, and then I should be able to play at good speed again.
Sorry for the inconveniences, Troy - but this gives you a lot of time to think about your first move
Looking forward to this game from my new home and have a good time in between!

If you agree to it, please sign up the game for the WL too, Troy!

posted 04-21-03 03:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 69  
Game started!!

Untill the 2nd of may, it is..

Wish you all the best with the moving, Waterfly!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 04-21-03 04:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 69  
*joins Falagar*

All the luck to you guys and do watch it in the underground

Hey Falagar, you gonna share that popcorn?

posted 05-02-03 05:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 69  
Here we are... I'm back online again
You can make your move Troy - good luck!

Wizard Ladder too, ok?

posted 05-02-03 07:09 AM EDT (US)     6 / 69  
Good thing you weren't ready midapril; I've now gotten a chance to study the map and do a couple of sparring rounds. Let's hope they helped me....

I will play this game from two bases, my flat and my parents home(I'm a student and play soccer for a club in my hometown, so I will be at my parents house during weekends, for the most part.) I will inform you in advance when my restarts will come. Tuesday will give me my first, as I'm back at my flat then.

Ged day 1

Captured a powernode and grabbed me some cash (....and forgot to passwordprotect my turn, so don't you peek now...)

TS

Good luck, Waterfly!

Ladder is fine with me.

The game is ON!

[This message has been edited by Troy Locker (edited 05-02-2003 @ 07:18 AM).]

posted 05-02-03 07:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 69  
... glued to my seat (sorry, don't have any animation for this)

Outlier out ...

posted 05-02-03 08:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 69  
Troy has gotten good but easy practice rounds using me as a punching bag. I am bruised and bleeding from the ordeal..
Good luck kiddo.
posted 05-02-03 08:13 AM EDT (US)     9 / 69  
Nice!

Sooner than expected! Guess the moving moved quick, eh?

Good luck, both of you!

posted 05-02-03 11:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 69  
God King: Day 1
Eager to finally start the game the King of Gods made a somewhat risky move and was hurt by the resistance...
should be a tough game anyway
posted 05-02-03 01:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 69  
Ged day 2

Secret....

TS

posted 05-02-03 01:22 PM EDT (US)     12 / 69  
not yet received...
posted 05-02-03 05:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 69  
Turn resent.

The secret from day two is that I still haven't lost any lives. I'm trying to work fast, I think I have to against a fast player like Waterfly(seems he wins all his games before day 10).I'm doing my best to avoid that being overwhelmed at an early stage. Progress is good for the moment. I just can't tell what I have done today......

posted 05-03-03 05:27 AM EDT (US)     14 / 69  
God King: Day 2
turn sent - only secret stuff done, story later
posted 05-03-03 06:00 AM EDT (US)     15 / 69  
Ged day 3

My brave comrades accomplished their goals today too without losses. Very brave indeed

TS

posted 05-04-03 07:13 AM EDT (US)     16 / 69  
Day 3: God King
We notice that the enemy wizards halo extends now into our realm. Troy must have captured the human town and the resource heap - building another tower for himself! Without losses

Starts chanting and praying....

[This message has been edited by waterfly (edited 05-04-2003 @ 07:14 AM).]

posted 05-04-03 07:59 AM EDT (US)     17 / 69  
Ged day 4

Well, I can't say that you are mistaken, Waterfly, but today we had a quiet day, with some minor setbacks......unfortunately.

TS

posted 05-04-03 08:49 AM EDT (US)     18 / 69  
Day 4: God King
We need more setbacks

Cleaning up the home base..

posted 05-04-03 10:55 AM EDT (US)     19 / 69  
Ged Day 5

Still no losses......progress is slow at the moment.

TS

posted 05-06-03 07:39 AM EDT (US)     20 / 69  
I will produce a restart next round due to changing 'puter, and I will produce another one on friday of the same reason.

Troy

posted 05-06-03 09:47 AM EDT (US)     21 / 69  
Day 5: God King
Still no contact with the enemy - should be soon though...
ts
posted 05-06-03 11:22 AM EDT (US)     22 / 69  
Ged day 6

A day of bad manuevering.......
Let's hope I don't get punished for it........too hard

TS

posted 05-06-03 11:59 AM EDT (US)     23 / 69  
Day 6: God King
Sadly enough we couldnt punish anything - but keep up offering chances
posted 05-06-03 01:58 PM EDT (US)     24 / 69  
Ged day 7

A lot better manuevering today.........

No big sign of the enemy....yet

TS

posted 05-07-03 04:09 AM EDT (US)     25 / 69  
Day 7: God King
The God King drags along and tries hard to be out of sight - yet
posted 05-07-03 07:00 AM EDT (US)     26 / 69  
Ged day 8

Well, The God King has certainly been spotted now.......alone in his tower, vulnerable......
What shall mr. God King do now, that pressure has been put upon him?

TS

posted 05-07-03 09:29 AM EDT (US)     27 / 69  
wanna see it! wanna see it!

posted 05-07-03 10:56 AM EDT (US)     28 / 69  
Day 8: God King
We worked frantically to make up our Day 1 blunder where I lost a cavallery and my hero on Day 1. Without the healing shower spell the attack had been risky but it should have worked out ok, if not the last 2 shots from the human witch eliminated the last 6 health points from the hero

I had to wait till Day 6 for a substitute hero, so I hoped Troy would give me more time to recover.... but he didnt.

Today we were forced to takea huge risk, since a very strong army captured a watchtower on our island sitting behind walls and waterwalking units also made the supporting navy strong.
Approaching with our strongest troops we discovered even 2 hidden lurkers adding to our difficulties.

Nonetheless, we threw the dice and send our hero on towards the Ged the Wizard who is behind these schemes. The hero destroyed the transport ship on his way and managed to kill the a swashbuckler and sent Ged into Oblivion/Void with the help of 6 combat spells and the backing of God.
Thus the supporting waterwalkers where taken out the equation and the rest of our navy (Galley, silver Elder, swashbuckler and cavallery attacked the Galley, 2 swashbuckler and 2 lurker.
There were victorious, the Elder even with full health, the Galley deeply wounded.

The rest of Troys army, is still sitting in the tower (2 silver cavallery, Hero 3rd lv, Elder, 2 crossbowmen,1 silv. berserker), has to use waterwalking if they want to capture our capitol quick, but he still has a lot of options to harm us.
We still have some options too though, especially if the enemy capitol is empty now

[This message has been edited by waterfly (edited 05-07-2003 @ 11:00 AM).]

posted 05-07-03 12:15 PM EDT (US)     29 / 69  
I have to run now, but I will come back and tell you all what happened later.....
posted 05-07-03 01:37 PM EDT (US)     30 / 69  
Day 9: God King
Ged tried to corner my hero with his own and a cavallery, but after selling the extra wizard tower , Jafsar slipped away, still deeply wounded at 3 health, while the bullish Asra blocked the healing house.
But we own an extra speed from a nice item - which was the reason it took us so long to show up at the watchtower.
Our main force including Elder and Wizard attacked the remaining 5 units at the watchtower and prevailed, loosing 3 crossbowmen though. Its great news the dangerous Elder and the other cavallery are gone and we are one swashbuckler ahead now.

Our own Elder should give us a slight edge, now that the original sides are taken again - and we should have more money (from selling the tower).
Now give the Gods enough time to do their work, please Troy

But then, the strongest hero is still Troys warrior....

PS: for the record - there was a restart on Troys turn, which he explained inline to me.

[This message has been edited by waterfly (edited 05-07-2003 @ 01:42 PM).]

posted 05-07-03 01:51 PM EDT (US)     31 / 69  

Quote:

player like Waterfly(seems he wins all his games before day 10)

I didnt comment on this before, since I hoped you would be more defensive because of that belief, actually I never won before turn 10 - look for Tekk if you want to see one aggressive "blizz".
I rather try to make sure any early advance from the enemy can just be countered while I am seeking to blizz my economy against the indies.
posted 05-07-03 01:57 PM EDT (US)     32 / 69  
*smack*smack* Some final!!

posted 05-07-03 02:03 PM EDT (US)     33 / 69  
Would have given a lot of money for seeing how this looks like on the field!

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 05-07-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     34 / 69  
Yeah, I sometimes wish there would be an 'observer' function with the game for matches like this.

GOGOGO Waterfly! *cheer*

Chaos is ever-present, unavoidable, even necessary. Chaos is the way of time, the way of nature, the way of unthinking animals. Chaos will happen. But sentient, thinking beings do not need to help it along. Law is the effort of the civilized to slow chaos, to keep destruction at bay long enough so that thinking, dreaming, hoping, and loving can occur.
posted 05-07-03 02:15 PM EDT (US)     35 / 69  
*steals some popcorn from Swolte*

Go Troy go!

What do you think of the map guys?

posted 05-07-03 03:22 PM EDT (US)     36 / 69  
Ged day 9 & 10

I woke up and the world was turned upside down. When I went to bed last night everything looked great, and I couldn't see how Waterfly possibly could get out of the terrible mess he was in; outnumbered and outstrenghtened....in his own land. He had to pull the best stunt ever to get out of it (I didn't even see it as a possibility), and he did. When he saw that I had frog-backup for my fleet (which was in range of both his towns) he knew he had to remove the waterwalking enchantments from my cavalry and berserker to win the battle. His only chance to do that was to send my wiz to the void........His brave 1st lvl herostarted for the shore on my humanisland, blindfolded, well knowing that this was very likely to be a suicide-mission. When he got to the gates of the town where my wiz was resting his physical form with a swashbuckler on watch, he simply attacked. Slaying them both and standing there alive with ONE hitpoint left. My swashbuckler caught fire in the first round of course, he hit only with one out of two shots with his gun and was killed with only two spells. DAMN! My wiz fought like a wuzz, but so did WF's hero, so that's ok. With me in the void it was no problem for God Kings navalforces to take out my fleet after that. And my army stood alone and helpless back on the wrong side of the sea.....My hero and a fellow cavalry swam out and sunk WF's wounded galley and went for "our" human island, abandoning the rest of our army. They paid for that with their lives the next night......Now we have recaptured our humantown, but things really look grim. WF's has the initiative in every way now...........

TS

posted 05-07-03 03:59 PM EDT (US)     37 / 69  
*suspense music plays..*

posted 05-08-03 02:11 AM EDT (US)     38 / 69  
I didnt comment on this before, since I hoped you would be more defensive because of that belief, actually I never won before turn 10 - look for Tekk if you want to see one aggressive "blizz".

Jeez thanks! I think... I had never won before turn ten, until my last three matches. It is very hard. It was during my matches with Castanieda that I got a day-five victory. However, it would have taken two more turns for a complete win. You do not see many victories declared turn ten and below.

On another note, I am forced to agree on the aggressive part. It is a strength and weakness. I am trying to mellow out, before someone kills me royally (Maybe I won't change... ).

I hope to come back and play some games soon with you all, especially Swolte, Troy, Waterfly, Kris, and all those with sweet high ladder points. One player to find them and in the darkness bind them. Too bad, there is a last alliance between vets and newbies thwarting me.

It looks like this game will be tough. Good luck all! Better you guys than me.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius
Email at: Tekkaman_Zero@hotmail.com 124881677
posted 05-08-03 06:04 AM EDT (US)     39 / 69  
Wow, looks like this game may be coming to a nail-biting ending soon ... and an appearance by TZ as well. Still glued to my seat. Could someone please pass me the popcorn ...

Outlier out ...

posted 05-08-03 08:47 AM EDT (US)     40 / 69  
Troy showed me the situation yesterday and I was convinced he had it in the bag. There was NO way Waterfly could have something up his sleeve - which he didn't. And now I can't imagine the terror Troy must have felt when he opened the next turn and studied the events of Waterfly's turn. Oh, the humanity

This was not even a theoretical outcome...

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 05-08-2003 @ 08:48 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » FINAL-BTOOIC TOURNAMENT: Oblivion (Troy Locker vs Waterfly)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames