Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The VoW museum
posted 12-03-02 07:28 AM EDT (US)   
The VoW-Memorial Museum

ATTRACTIONS:
TMPC -Ah, the memories! What a great time...Too bad the smilies aren't working anymore

The BTOOIC Hotel -Here the people of the VoW used to live, if they didn't have their own thread. It was shaped like a doughnut and it had a beautiful pool...

The Vow Park -You had to use a portal to reach the old VoW Park. You could visit the woods (where it according to rumours lived Elves) or walk around in the pretty Gardens, or why not buy yourself a Fairy? It was for a time occupied by Penguins, who planned to take over the world. The story of it's freeing was made into a movie, "The Day of the Penguin" by the park's owner Psykitty.

Picture of a Fairy which you could buy in the Park

The BTOOIC Tourist Board -Time has left it's traces on this place, the links are ruined and the Smilies don't work anymore; but still it's activity of old can be seen.

The Mage guild -Mighty Wizards were trained here, and also research of new spells and battle-training for the Wizards was done in this place.

The Trackless Beach -With Mr. T hired as lifeguard everybody could feel safeon this beach (with the exception of Swolte trying to surf :P).

Falagar's Tower of lore - Much discussion was done in this place. Even though the owner used to be a I-know-it-all-you're-a-loser kind of guy it was a pretty active place.

Picture from Falagar's Tower.

The V O W Radio -This is TDK's first Radio, and probably the first Forum-radio ever to exist (though one may never know). The crew consisted essensially of the same people as it does now, but with fewer and more animated reporters (except from TDK himself).

TDK's Manor House -TDK's Manor House was one of the big tourist attractions. Though attempted blown up and attacked several times throughout it's history, it was well defended every time (with the help of Mr. T).

Mr. Pickles Beach Hut -Placed on the Trackless Beach, Mr. Pickles had built a little Beach Hut were he and his pet Basilisk Harold lived.

Mr. Pickles Pet basilisk Hank on the beach.

The BTOOIC Restaurant -The oldest and STILL LIVING thread in the VoW. Many famous people have visited it, it has even been invaded by a horde of rapid hungry Haflings.

Lord Devon's Coastal Fortress -The home of the mighty Lord Devon. Unfortunately he is gone now...

[This message has been edited by Falagar (edited 03-06-2004 @ 08:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-04-02 11:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Ooooh.. beautiful.

No entry fees as well make it even better..

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 12-04-02 12:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
As far as I'm concerned, Halfling's aren't fast at all, they're slow little buggers

Quoted from the great Falagar:

rapid hungry Haflings

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
posted 12-04-02 12:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
and wasn't Pickles' pet basilisk called Harold not Hank?
of course who am I to tell

posted 12-04-02 04:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
I thought he was named Harold too, but when I re-read the thread, it was Hank...May have changed it later...

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 12-04-02 10:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Guys, what's in a name? Could be Hank, could be Harold, both start with an 'H'. Can't there be love and peace among the nations? Free flowers for all!

A quick Poilio 2 check would clear things up. But it is Harold. Harold the Basilisk has a nicer rhythm to it, rolls off the tongue easier. Heh heh, I guess it's easier said than done

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon

[This message has been edited by Mister Pickles (edited 12-04-2002 @ 11:00 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » The VoW museum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames