You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rise of Kings 1.3 (Fubarno, naecO, Albaron, Unnapu, JamesEde)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 13  Next Page »
posted 07-18-07 08:14 AM EDT (US)   
Surrender disabled (Teleportation gates disabled by map designer). Human players at war with AI wizards.

Turn order sorted by time zone:

Meandor The Groll The_Groll at gentlemansclub dot de
Fangir naecO nguyen dot huyhai at gmail dot com
Merlin Albaron albaron dot aow at googlemail dot com
Serena CPU Emperor
Ke-nan CPU Emperor
Mab CPU Emperor
Yaka Unnapu unnapu at gmail dot com
Skulkan JamesEde jamieede at yorku dot ca

An important note by the designer:
This map uses city production limits so may not provide every city-upgrade in each village.
To download the map click here: Rise of Kings Version 1.3

Last word of advice: ... please excuse my english.

First turn sent to Fubarno. Good luck all!

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.

[This message has been edited by Unnapu (edited 02-06-2010 @ 09:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-13-09 00:45 AM EDT (US)     321 / 497  
I'm almost finished with my turn. I just need to contemplate the geometry of the defense of my homeland.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Download these maps I have made...
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-13-09 02:50 AM EDT (US)     322 / 497  
well, that explains 1/9th of my stuck games...

posted 01-14-09 12:53 PM EDT (US)     323 / 497  
Meandor -

The defenders of the homeland have positioned themselves for attack. We'll see how the combined forces of Merlin and Yaka respond.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it. - Vaclav Havel
Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 01-30-09 07:43 AM EDT (US)     324 / 497  
2 week bump.

posted 01-30-09 12:09 PM EDT (US)     325 / 497  
same here. Received the turn yesterday from naecO. Will be played soon.
posted 02-04-09 05:15 AM EDT (US)     326 / 497  
Merlin, Day 64

Meandor has managed to get the Nagas and the hero to his capital somehow. They are arranged very clever. No way through.

TS
posted 02-05-09 03:44 PM EDT (US)     327 / 497  
Draconians - Day 64

Meandor is playing as safe as possible, He has sent a hero by the northern Crypts hall, as reinforcements for the pair of the Demons and Dread Reaper camping outside of my capital.
It was not necessary but that move only confirms my future visit to the void.

Elsewhere, the combined army of Merlin' heroes and my dragons retreated from Meandor's capital because of the invincible Nagas guarding the entrance.

TS

posted 02-11-09 00:58 AM EDT (US)     328 / 497  
Meandor -

Great news mother! First off the combined forces of Yaka and merlin have pulled back from our home cities. They still threaten the homeland but there is hope now.

Also, I now have an army on the doorstep of Yaka's homeland. See how he likes it!

Mother, how goes your vacation? Have you finished sunning yourself upon the beaches and shores of the humans island? Don't you yearn to return to the underdark? The people cry out for you to return and set things to rights.

ts to naec0

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 02-11-09 09:20 AM EDT (US)     329 / 497  
Fangir,

It seems very clear that I'm all alone in this world. The orcs have the dark elves' support and guidance. Yaka has his sidekick Merlin.

It matters not, I'll strike them where I need to strike.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 02-13-09 11:24 AM EDT (US)     330 / 497  
Merlin, Day 65

If I'm not completely mistaken, you have chosen this diplomatic situation for yourself, Fangir.

But it's never too late for a change.

Let's hope Meandor's mother still stays in her vacation. We are still hoping and praying for a better world. And doing what is in our might to improve.

TS

[This message has been edited by Albaron (edited 02-13-2009 @ 11:24 AM).]

posted 02-15-09 10:03 AM EDT (US)     331 / 497  
Draconians - Day 65

The forces of Meandor have arrived to the back door of my palace. We will not open that door, but they will crash it anyway.
I have lost against him, every single army in different battles. Also, all my heroes have fell fighting the dark elves.

TS

posted 02-16-09 01:16 AM EDT (US)     332 / 497  
Skulkan, Day 65

Our war of national liberation continues. Today was a momentous day. For the first time in probably 30 turns, we have set foot once again on the troll plains. So long ago we were unjustly driven from these lands by the foul and treacherous dwarves. Out of generosity, we even offered the dwarves these lands sometime back in return for peace. but they were greedy and demanded the elf forests too. now they shall know that they shall have neither!

Today, our capable armies, led by the great goblin general Petrog, slaughtered the surface defenders who had huddled up in a tower for protection. A highly respectable kill ratio was achieved, with 6 level 3s and 6 level 1s killed to our 1 level 2 and 4 level 1 casualties. My harvester even popped out a new larva to offset the losses, and at least two new gold medals were handed out. Never again shall our tunnels be threatened. THe liberation is at hand!

elsewhere, in the elven forests, it does not go as well. we know they are out there, but we do not know how many. hopefully, we shall soon cut off their supply lines, but it is safe to bet that a sizeable force sits on our doorstep already.

and we hear all manner of conflicting reports of the OTHER war going on. who exactly has the upper hand here. the darkelves say they are fighting for their life, the draconians say they may soon lose. if only we had a clear view. perhaps we could ally with both, if only for a turn, just to see the disposition of their troops and judge for ourselves? No, neither would agree to that. we must wait and see how the storm hits, and how the fallout will help us best achieve our ultimate goal of killing the dwarves.

Peace out!

posted 02-16-09 03:10 AM EDT (US)     333 / 497  
Meandor - 66

Oh how the tables have reversed my mother. You always taught me to fight with every fiber of my superior dark elven heritage. Bite and claw, throw dirt in their eye, spear their horse you would say. Well mother, you should be proud. I have given Yaka a solid kick in the crotch.

Yes, my troops stand victorious in the royal draconian wizard tower of that scoundrel. The place was practically impregnable, but with the use of a balloon my troops were able to scale the walls and set about slaying dragons. Tis heady stuff I assure you.

I hear it is quite hot there, what with all the furnaces and molten magma flowing about, but that is neither here nor there. What did you say mother?... Uh, no, I didn't manage to send him to the void. He fled mother, after he dropped a wildfire on my army. He is quite crafty, a wiley foe. Be wary of what he might do next for I fear we haven't heard the last of him.

ts to naec0

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 02-21-09 12:57 PM EDT (US)     334 / 497  
Merlin, Day 66

It's not going good at the moment. The gods are grateful to Meandor. Let's hope it changes soon. We are working on it.

TS
posted 02-22-09 10:39 AM EDT (US)     335 / 497  
Yaka -
who exactly has the upper hand here. the darkelves say they are fighting for their life, the draconians say they may soon lose. if only we had a clear view.
It is not that hard to tell, King Skulkan, just do some maths: Meandor has control over Merlin's, Mab's and now my former palace, and he also has his original palace inaccessible for others. Expect to see soon, along with his Demons and Nagas, Karaghs, Red dragons, Air galleys and Incarnates.

It is already too late, at least for me. I changed my strategy to stop the Demons, using ballista and repeater ballista, with good enchantments as garrison at my palace. But, it was useless, three complete stacks were erased by Nausic's army.

TS

posted 02-24-09 00:21 AM EDT (US)     336 / 497  
Skulkan, day 66

whoah. where'd that tank full of runemasters come from? we may soon lose the elven forests. our rampage in the troll plains does not offset such a potential loss.

well, it would seem the darkelves have regained the upper hand, now standing at 3 capitals to the draconians 2. but with the dwarves still a serious threat, we can't do anything for either side.

but i do appreciate being called a king. i really think of myself as more of a duke or something. maybe a marquis?

peace out.

posted 02-24-09 02:26 AM EDT (US)     337 / 497  
Meandor -

My troops gathered up some of the resources around Yaka's home. Furnaces, towns, watchtowers. No sign of Yaka.

As expected, the five dragons are spotted off the coast of Merlin's former island. Looks like we'll be losing it. Don't die mother!

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 03-04-09 02:19 PM EDT (US)     338 / 497  
Merlin, Day 67

Meandor is getting closer.

TS
posted 03-06-09 11:21 AM EDT (US)     339 / 497  
Yaka -

Not much to do at the island with my dragons, the air galleys and knights guarding Merlin's former capital are enough to make me retreat.

My wizard has arrived to his last fortress.

TS

posted 03-18-09 11:03 AM EDT (US)     340 / 497  
bump

posted 03-18-09 03:55 PM EDT (US)     341 / 497  
James, that 'bump' means that you received and played the turn I sent, right? because I was the last to post my turn log.
It is with Fubarno then.

posted 03-18-09 05:52 PM EDT (US)     342 / 497  
I've got it, will play it tonight. Played it the night I recieved it but my computer shut down before I ended the turn so I will have a restart.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 03-23-09 01:41 AM EDT (US)     343 / 497  
Not much to tell until tomorrow.

ts

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 03-24-09 11:29 AM EDT (US)     344 / 497  
Merlin, Day 68

Heavy forces of Meandor are approaching to the underground shadow demon city.

He is also annoying on the surface.

TS
posted 03-27-09 12:17 PM EDT (US)     345 / 497  
TS

posted 03-29-09 09:00 PM EDT (US)     346 / 497  
Skulkan, Day 68

I think we may have outmaneovred the dwarves. They came just close enough to our forest capital for us to hit their weak flank. We positioned ourselves, then webbed the much stronger stack of runemasters and earth elementals in the front, so they would not interfere next turn. then we turned to the back three stacks. they were formidable enough, with a dragon, a steam tank, avengers, northern glows and many level 1 archons. but we outnumbered them, and 15 of them fell to only 6 of ours. then we mopped up some humans nearby, another 5 dead and no casualties. finally, we healed ourselves in the house of healing the dwarves had so conveniently cleared for us. there are some low level frostlings coming up through the woods, and i suspect some ice queens as well, but they do not worry us. tomorrow we shall turn our attention to the helplessly stuck runemasters and finish them off. with the troll plains under our control, the forests shall at last be safe.

elsewhere we captured a town, mine and node of the dwarves. new armies are surging up from the underground, and we shall fortify the troll plains this time to prevent a repeat of the last time we were here.

the resistance continues. we have almost recaptured all our former lands.

vive l'orc! vive l'orc libre!

posted 04-01-09 00:35 AM EDT (US)     347 / 497  
Merlin - 69

I'm sick with worry for mother.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 04-03-09 09:22 PM EDT (US)     348 / 497  
Fangir,

We countered with an attack to the former elven capital. The orc may be strong physically but not so much skillfully. They placed the webs before attacking so the center of webs was on my hero not the strongest stack.

The tower gave me one good moment to enchant the elite force. Stone skin, dark gift, enchant weapon were not spared.

Still, we had to flee because Skulkan's minions are considerably strong there. No way we stay to be sitting duck.

ts

posted 04-04-09 09:43 PM EDT (US)     349 / 497  
Uhhh... I'm pretty sure those webs were centred on the runemaster stack. Not only was it the key to the whole strategy (I planned that turn very carefully, even drew pictures of the hexes), but the webs had to be centred on that stack in order for me not get stuck on them myself. otherwise i would not have been able to position my troops as i did and would certainly not have been able to move them around after the battle to attack the other, outlying stack and then heal myself.

the runemasters should not have been able to reach the capital, unless the spell did not work properly or that glitch with the movement through webs was in effect. I know i myself moved through webs you cast on me in fight for light, is that what happened here?

posted 04-05-09 02:53 AM EDT (US)     350 / 497  
I checked too if I was violating the rules when I moved my stack, but I was not. Only 4 hex contain webs and none of them were between my stack and the city. You can check for yourself when you open your turn
There are many things about webs and about where and when you can place them.

posted 04-07-09 01:54 AM EDT (US)     351 / 497  
I have been experimenting and have discovered the source of the problem. webs do not work on farmland around a city. they work beyond the farmland and also within the city itself (the inner 7 hexes), but not on the farms in between. this undoubtedly created a hole in the webs that allowed naeco's stack to escape.

i don't know if this constitutes a new bug or not, but i can say for sure that i certainly did not expect it. the webs looked kinda funny after i cast it, but webs sort of always look a bit off-center to me anyways. i didn't check it with the cursor though, i just assumed the spell had worked. i apologize for this, but i was pumped at what i thought was a brilliant strategy. Hubris!

i don't know what to do, since this spell mis-firing costs me quite a bit. (i am assuming that you razed my capital, Naeco, since that is certainly what i would have done in your situation.) not only do i lose my second most valuable city, but i had rushed a production in that town, so i'm down 200 GP more, and i moved a small stack into it that was undoubtedly slaughtered without inflicting any significant damage. if i hadn't thought that the runemaster stack was trapped for at least one turn, i would not have left my capital unguarded. or at least i would not have pumped money and troops into it if i thought it wasn't safe. my whole strategy hinged on spider's curse working.

uhhh... would people be willing to consider a replay? if not that is totally ok. I just feel that i made a risky move based on a spell working, and it blew up in my face cuz the spell failed (would've been a great move if it had worked!). if this glitch is well-known and i should have known about it, then i'll abide by the turn as played, but if it was not something i could reasonably expect, then i would appreciate a chance to avoid this situation i find myself in.

posted 04-07-09 11:31 AM EDT (US)     352 / 497  
Yeah, it doesn't make sense that the webs wouldn't cast into farmlands, but I knew from experience that they don't. I'm ok with you redoining the turn if the others are. I'll accept the majority opinion though.

Destiny of Rivals
Valley of Turmoil
High Passes
Minions of Gruumsh
posted 04-25-09 09:24 PM EDT (US)     353 / 497  
Bump.

posted 04-27-09 07:18 AM EDT (US)     354 / 497  
I still have the turn and not played yet, because it is a difficult one, but even if I had played and sent, Unnapu is next and as you all may know, he is without internet and PC at the moment.
posted 04-28-09 12:16 PM EDT (US)     355 / 497  
Hello, I am checking some threads quickly from a friend's PC.

Regarding the webs issue I have no problem with the redo of the turn by James, but, I think naecO should have the final word because he will be the most affected by that.
posted 04-29-09 00:28 AM EDT (US)     356 / 497  
You should have known that there're a lot of risks involving using webs (House rules thread has a lot of posts about it). I also have the spell Clear Terrain to remove webs away.

You can replay the turn, but you should however not attack me during this turn. You can do whatever to strengthen the defense, but not attacking.

posted 05-04-09 08:32 PM EDT (US)     357 / 497  
Merlin, Day 69

Normally we would like to withdraw underground, but we had to take an opportunity instead. We'll see how long we can stand there.

TS
posted 05-06-09 01:03 AM EDT (US)     358 / 497  
Hello everyone. sorry, haven't checked this one in a bit. I am very grateful for the opportunity to replay. i will certainly not be attacking, since my only hope for attacking depended on webs working. i'll need a resend from unnapu though.

james.

posted 05-06-09 03:42 AM EDT (US)     359 / 497  
What does that mean James? Would you like to replay your last turn, which has to be Day 68? If so, then go ahead.

[This message has been edited by Albaron (edited 05-06-2009 @ 03:43 AM).]

posted 05-06-09 08:58 AM EDT (US)     360 / 497  
You don't need a resend if you still have his last mail.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 13  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Rise of Kings 1.3 (Fubarno, naecO, Albaron, Unnapu, JamesEde)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames