You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FFL (Torso- MrF, TL, LD, Unnapu)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
posted 11-14-08 06:41 AM EDT (US)   
Players:

1. The Shadowgod (Undead & other evil races) - Torso
2. Llannovar (Elves) - mrfrumpkins
3. King Roderick (Humans) - Timelord
4. Meriadoc (Halflings) - Lordduck
5. Boldir (Dwarves) - Unnapu
6. Dalviana (Goblins & Dark Elves) - CPU Emperor

Additional rules and settings:

# No spell trading between alliance members
# The Shadowgod may use all he can think of to get his demons out sooner but must agree to NOT use the disband-animate Hero spell trick!
# The Shadowgod is not allowed to have Saints in his army.
# Allied Victory - not sure if I enabled this, but you know the game.
# Surrender - Off

Good luck and have fun!

[This message has been edited by Torso (edited 11-15-2008 @ 07:03 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-10-09 03:32 PM EDT (US)     121 / 186  
Boldir -

Movement.

TS

Sorry for the restart, apparently I opened the turn before and downloaded it and opened again today. I received a bunch of turns and got confused.

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 03-10-09 07:27 PM EDT (US)     122 / 186  
The Shadowgod

Hrmh... Every now and then people just die without any apparent reason at all, but this alliance... it just keeps on stuggling! Some movement puzzles me, it is hard to tell what they are up to.

Well, Llanovar sure knows what I am up to, I wonder if he is able to stop the horde...

Ts
posted 03-11-09 10:45 PM EDT (US)     123 / 186  
Llanovar -

Come into my woods if you dare, Shadowgod.
posted 03-14-09 04:32 PM EDT (US)     124 / 186  
Roderick -

Some movement decisions of ours puzzles us too but we don't know what to do either - be defensive, go after the flyer/reaper stack, help the Alliance on the mainland or try and do some raiding of our own.

Turn sent

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 03-17-09 11:11 PM EDT (US)     125 / 186  
Boldir -

Let's hope it is not too late for the Elves.
Movement.

TS

posted 03-18-09 06:23 AM EDT (US)     126 / 186  
The Shadowgod

I thought that Roderick and Boldir might combine their forces and then threaten Grandor, but it seems that is not what they are planning. Boldir seems to be quite confident with his troops though as he approaches Grandor, but alone he will not have a chance... Muahhahhaa!

And what about Llanovar... does he have something to back up his threats not enter the woods? I doubt that, as does Boldir, I've heard... Muahhahhaa!

On other fronts, of which that goody goody alliance knows nothing about, progress is going smoothly...the alliance should be worried indeed! Muahhahhaa!

Ts

I think I found a bug of which I was not aware of: there was a tricky fight, so just in case I cast resurgence on my animated hero. Well, what do you know, my hero fell in that battle (forgot that taunting overrides 'turn undead'). So my hero resurrected, but without 'animated hero' stat. Guess I could cast Animate Hero again then. No worries though, I will not as this clearly(?) is a bug.

Another thing, am I allowed to cast 'Recall Hero'?
posted 03-18-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     127 / 186  
Recall Hero should be fine.

Interesting find with the Resurgence + Animated Hero combo. So, is your hero unhappy now - since he was an Elf to begin with?

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
posted 03-19-09 00:31 AM EDT (US)     128 / 186  
Roderick -

Moving...

Turn sent

posted 03-19-09 05:55 AM EDT (US)     129 / 186  
TL, I think my hero was a dark elf... you did kill some of them, didn't you

Anyway, if I recall correctly, the hero still had the 'undead' stat, though I think it is just a stat; it does not define RACE, thus having no effect on moral. Meaning, for example, that an archon with 'undead' stat still counts as an archon what comes to moral ('animated hero' turns alignment to pure evil for sure) . Not completely sure of this though.
posted 03-19-09 11:14 AM EDT (US)     130 / 186  
Meriadoc, day 22?

We, halflings, have slain the first of the shadowgods minions today. Let this be a sign that halflings won't allow anyone to mess with them! More of his minions will surely follow by our swords and spells, although we might be small, we are with many, and will be victorious!

Ts
posted 03-25-09 07:15 PM EDT (US)     131 / 186  
Boldir -

Not very good news for the dwarves.
My army was not able to take the wizard tower on the central area. The victory was for the SG.

TS

posted 03-26-09 05:46 PM EDT (US)     132 / 186  
The shadowgod

I had this weird dream in which some halflings ambushed my patrol sent out with poor scouting and destroyed it. Nope, that was just a dream, but it seems that almost the whole garrison of Grandor was wiped away during the night. Boldir's group were, not almost but entirely wiped away, that's the good news.

Llanovar has to wait for a moment. My scout spotted something more interesting underground, Sirch the goblin. He abandoned Dalviana and joined my legions, a wise move.

But what about Roderick? He seems to concentrate his troops near Aberon, but I doubt Aberon will be his target. This is no sign of weakness, but I have to take a few steps back and give him some room to maneuver, just to play it safe...

Ts

Oh, my hero seems to be undead now. I though it might be just a stat, but I guess Animate Hero changes the race to undead. Had an item in one game which gave undead-stat, it had no effect on morale.
posted 03-27-09 01:47 AM EDT (US)     133 / 186  
Llanovar -

We ask the Shadowgod to send his armies into our woods, yet instead they run towards the caves. Cowards!
posted 03-28-09 10:51 PM EDT (US)     134 / 186  
Roderick -

Turn sent

posted 03-29-09 09:28 AM EDT (US)     135 / 186  
Meriadoc, halflings

My swordman managed to kill even more of those filthy beast, before he died. To remember the brave warrior, my wizard now wears a pointed hat, that we got from the spirit of order.

Ts
posted 03-29-09 10:32 PM EDT (US)     136 / 186  
Boldir -

Quiet day. After the last exciting days, my troops are resting and taking positions for future expanding.

TS

posted 03-30-09 06:07 AM EDT (US)     137 / 186  
The Shadowgod

Bad news... for the alliance! Muahahhaha! I'm sure they will figure out what has happened...

Patience, Llanovar, patience! Here I come, ready or not..

Hmm, I gave an opportunity to attack my troops to Roderick too, that could have been a mistake. Anyway, if he is going for Aberon he has to deal with my 3 stacker first, me thinks...

Ts
posted 04-03-09 01:16 PM EDT (US)     138 / 186  
TS a few days ago, btw.
posted 04-03-09 10:23 PM EDT (US)     139 / 186  
Roderick -

We aren't one to let an opportunity slip and so we attacked. Heavy losses but we survive with almost 2 stacks of units intact...we would need them for the likely reaper-led counterattack.

Turn sent

posted 04-04-09 06:10 AM EDT (US)     140 / 186  
Meriadoc

While Roderick was busy killing the undead forces, my halfling warriors thought they could do better, and killed a whole hydra and his stinky lurker companions!

Ts
posted 04-06-09 11:58 AM EDT (US)     141 / 186  
Boldir -

TS

posted 04-06-09 05:32 PM EDT (US)     142 / 186  
The Shadowgod

All of sudden things look pretty grim! Defeat near Aberon teared a gap in my defenses and I had to abandon a goblin village. Roderick still has two stack of quality units, that definatively is a problem...

And it gets worse. Even though Lord Haradar joined my legions, north western corner might be threatened by Rodericks four, freaking four gold dragons... a huge flying problem.

I have some counter attacks going on though. I have dug my way to Dalviana's former lands and couple of reapers are trying to slip past Aberon... we will see.

Llanovar, fight like a man, you wimp! Holy woods, for gods sake! Should have known... grumble...

Ts
posted 04-07-09 00:29 AM EDT (US)     143 / 186  
Llanovar -

The day dawns, and we're feeling pretty good. The Holy Woods seemed to have slowed the Shadowgod's forces, and many of them were in less than perfect health. News from the north was good. Things seemed to be going well.

A messenger comes to me from King Roderick: "Good luck with the battle tomorrow!" he says. Battle? Today? This was not part of the original plan, at least not yet. But his words rang in my head... did I really want to sit around and be thought a coward? NO! So (having temporarily forgotten what happened LAST time the humans prodded us into battle) we charged forth.

...needless to say, things did not go well.
----
For the record, I won't deny that this was a stupid move. Here's why I did it, though:

1) I always seem to be the type of player who "turtles", and I never go on the offensive. So I figured, why not?

2) Also, I'm still a little drunk from the baseball game earlier.

Not making excuses, just sayin'.
posted 04-08-09 00:51 AM EDT (US)     144 / 186  
Roderick -

We were expecting the troops of Ardohain to tunnel through and we have a decent stack waiting in defense but I don't know if that will be enough

We captured the abandoned Goblin village. Looks like the nearby tower city will have a score of archers and ballistae garrisoned in it. Hope they are willing to wait for a long time.

It also appears I have to be clearer in my missives to the other rulers. I didn't think Llanovar would act on my 'Good Luck' message - the Good Luck was for the Shadowgod attacking his troops

Turn sent

posted 04-08-09 10:15 AM EDT (US)     145 / 186  
Meriadoc

Movement.

Ts
posted 04-10-09 10:57 AM EDT (US)     146 / 186  
TS [Not much time to log ]

posted 04-11-09 08:26 AM EDT (US)     147 / 186  
The Shadowgod

Geez, I guess Llanovar did not like to be called a wimp! He sure ain't one, though he might have severe suicidal tendencies...

My spies have told me that it is Roderick who is coordinating the resistance, a master of puppets it seems. It is he I should strike against but it is so frustatingly hard to find any weak spot... he seems to counter any maneuver I make. Irritating indeed. I do have a brand new plan though, I am most curious to see how I will fail this time.

Ts

Well, Mrfrumpkins, I really got lucky there. I was actually about to call off the attack, I thought that I would have never made it to your tower stumbling through those holy woods. I only stopped for awhile to ensure the survival of my healer.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to mock you or make you feel any worse you might feel. I just find this quite amusing; confusion in command chain, just like in a real war What it comes to 'turtling', I also tend to play that way quite often. It is not necessarily bad tactics at all, especially if you do it 'ninja mutant turtle'-style

[This message has been edited by Torso (edited 04-11-2009 @ 08:27 AM).]

posted 04-13-09 01:04 AM EDT (US)     148 / 186  
Llanovar -

Everything must go!
---
Well, I figured I could have held the lines for awhile, especially if I had pulled back to defend the capital where you'd have to cross a bridge. I think we could have been at a stalemate for awhile... but that just didn't sound fun to me, just sitting in my capital, unable to advance on you while you were unable to advance on me. Didn't seem to exciting to me, soooo...

Like I said, I always "turtle". Always. Just once, I wanted to be aggresive for a change, and well... I was *too* aggresive.

Yeah, it wasn't the smart thing to do, and I apologize to my teammates for making this way harder on them. Hopefully I can make it up to the alliance at some point!
posted 04-28-09 09:11 PM EDT (US)     149 / 186  
Sorry for the long wait. I have the turn and I'll send it out tomorrow. Can't play this one in a rush.

posted 05-13-09 10:03 PM EDT (US)     150 / 186  
Bump?
posted 05-22-09 11:33 PM EDT (US)     151 / 186  
Sorry, turn sent.

I don't plan to let this game die, so will be more prompt in the future. Thanks for the reminders and the patience, guys.

posted 05-25-09 09:07 AM EDT (US)     152 / 186  
Boldir -

Movement.

TS

posted 05-26-09 06:34 PM EDT (US)     153 / 186  
The Shadowgod

The reapers that managed to slip past are in mood of razing. One city burning, let's see if another one will follow.

Elsewhere Ferg is moving towards Botgar's army. Banishing the next demon will not be that easy...

Ts

Bah, sorry for the restart. I carelessly opened the turn with BNW mod. No fights against human players.
posted 05-27-09 10:44 PM EDT (US)     154 / 186  
I didn't get the turn, Torso. Please resend.
posted 05-28-09 03:15 PM EDT (US)     155 / 186  
Llanovar,

Sent Roderick a big ol' present.
posted 06-09-09 09:56 PM EDT (US)     156 / 186  
Bump!
MrF, I think I need a resend.

posted 06-30-09 08:45 AM EDT (US)     157 / 186  
I would love to replace TL and guide the humans to their victory.

What tastes like chicken? Precious ? Yes !
Chicken does, but so does turkey. It means they are all
against us, how else would explain such an inconsistency ?

You ,you're against me, at least I know that.

The universe smiles wicked, hungry smile at us, but through bars, mind you.
posted 07-01-09 06:42 AM EDT (US)     158 / 186  
Hi Luke! Sorry for being so rude, but I think it might be better if we waited for someone with more experience. The thing is that the situtation in the game is really, really tricky: I have danced forth and back with Timelord trying to get the advantage. With less (haven't played with you, so I really can't know, I admit) experienced player the position might crumble right away, killing a most interesting game in vain. So, no hard feelings I hope, Luke.

TL, if you are still reading these, sad to see you go! You have given so much to this game and community that honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I witnessed your comeback some (less busy) day Take care!
posted 07-02-09 04:44 PM EDT (US)     159 / 186  
Ah oke no problem

What tastes like chicken? Precious ? Yes !
Chicken does, but so does turkey. It means they are all
against us, how else would explain such an inconsistency ?

You ,you're against me, at least I know that.

The universe smiles wicked, hungry smile at us, but through bars, mind you.
posted 07-02-09 08:19 PM EDT (US)     160 / 186  
Let me know if you can't find anyone in a week. I really shouldn't jump in (busy enough w prep tournament) but hate to see a game die with reliable group of people!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » FFL (Torso- MrF, TL, LD, Unnapu)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames