AoW2/SM Mod Making
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Borrowing Thread
posted 03-26-05 06:15 PM EDT (US)   
Hello mod makers,

there may exist such a thread (in which case this one can be deleted) but I want to create a single post in which people can make requests to use other's work. The idea occurred to me when I was looking at Magog's 100 unit mod and decided that his "Anarchist" would make a nice Vampire for the mod and map I am currently working on. So, my request is this: Magog, may I use your recoloured Shade/Anarchist in my mod and map? I will, of course, mention where it came from

Now, if anyone else has a request to use some one else's work (including mine!) perhaps they could make it here?

Replies:
posted 03-26-05 07:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28  

Quote:

Magog, may I use your recoloured Shade/Anarchist in my mod and map?

Yes you may.
posted 03-31-05 02:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Thank you, Magog

Another request, which is open to all. For the next version of my mod (and the map I am making with it) I need a portrait of an older woman. Ideally, she would have white hair and look wise or kind or both. The picture also needs be good enough quality that I can edit it into a wizard portrait. Can anyone help me? I've been searching the net typing embarrasing things such as "old woman portrait" into search engines...can anyone put an end to this unnecessary humiliation?

Regards,

BJ

posted 03-31-05 06:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28  

Quote:

I've been searching the net typing embarrasing things such as "old woman portrait" into search engines...can anyone put an end to this unnecessary humiliation?

Have you tried Neverwinter Vault?

posted 03-31-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  

Quote:

I've been searching the net typing embarrasing things such as "old woman portrait" into search engines...can anyone put an end to this unnecessary humiliation?

Stranger!!
You didn't really believe that I hacked into your History cache and was going to publish them for all to see? A good excuse anyways!

Sent you an email...

posted 03-31-05 04:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
LOL@ Timelord

Yes, Magog, I've plundered the vault of many a fine photo but, alas, no magical spells to conjure up wise old ladies

At any rate, as I emailed Timelord, this lack of appreciation of the aged in our society should at the least give us a(nother) reason to write our mothers and express our gratitude!

Oh, and I had a sudden inspiration as I was writing this: I've made a Vampire bat unit, and would like it to be able to morph into a Vampire Lord once it reaches gold. However, I can't seem to find the thread that discusses how to change the metamorphasis units. Could anyone steer this shameless beggar in the right direction?

[This message has been edited by The_Stranger (edited 03-31-2005 @ 05:07 PM).]

posted 03-31-05 05:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
Stranger, believe it or not, I was searching for the metamorphosis thread a while back too.

Check this thread out. Kharagh explains it pretty well.

posted 04-01-05 01:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Thank you, Timelord Little bats are not turning into Papa vampires, although maybe this is not a thing one should feel so cheerful about...

Moving on, I reluctantly note that this is turning into the general "Stranger request/not so subtle cry for help" mod topic thread

Anyhow, I'm trying to change the colours available to players in online games, since people often fight over who has to be brown. Sigh. I tried swapping the brown and and red images sequences in "general,player animations" in the editor, but brown still came up as the default second when I started an online game. But when I launch an online game with a cpu player, any colour might actually show up when the game starts. This seems to happen in default rules as well. Perhaps red would actually appear when a bona fide online game is activated? Maybe someone could do a test with me?

Or maybe this is just another of my impossible dreams....

[This message has been edited by The_Stranger (edited 04-01-2005 @ 01:42 AM).]

posted 04-01-05 07:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
hmm I changed yellow color to first one and I got green color when I started a game and chosed not to customize my wizard and the computer got yellow color. I don't think the yellow color has been used before, has it?

We could test colors in multiplayer if you want Stranger.

Na, it doesn't work in online games Is there more places in editor you could change colors?'

hmm I can switch places in Iled

[This message has been edited by Tearion (edited 04-01-2005 @ 08:39 AM).]

posted 04-01-05 09:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
the flags do changes now when I have edited the flags in Iled but the colors in game doesnt change and the units color doesnt change either. There must be more options where you can change more than the simple flags in game.

I've found more options! in general

[This message has been edited by Tearion (edited 04-01-2005 @ 09:13 AM).]

posted 04-01-05 10:17 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
I have changed units color, flag color and wizard color and everything else except the color of the text and when starting an online game the normal colors show up instead of the new. That means that it will show the old colors when starting game but will show up the new ones in game. Heres the list:

1. Blue (old: Blue)
2. Red (old: Brown)
3. Green (old: Cyan)
4. Purple (old: Dark Brown)
5. Cyan (old: Green)
6. Yellow (old: Light blue)
7. Orange (old: Light brown)
8. Dark Brown (old: Orange)
12. White (old: White)
13. Light blue (old: Yellow)

I've switched place for the colors in General.ilb, Flags.ilb in Images folder and Text_Main.ilb and Main.ilb in Images/Int.

[This message has been edited by Tearion (edited 04-02-2005 @ 03:40 AM).]

posted 04-01-05 06:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
PawelS can you fix so the new colors will show up in multiplayer game? if you think it's possible

I can send you the files I have edited for the color changes.

[This message has been edited by Tearion (edited 04-01-2005 @ 06:11 PM).]

posted 04-01-05 06:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
I don't know how to do it, but maybe I'll figure it out...

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 04-01-05 06:41 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Yes, maybe you can figure it out. I sent you the files.
posted 04-13-05 06:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
Hello, I know this must be somewhere on the forum, but I can't find it. So, if I could "borrow" some more wisdom:

How do defenders of miscellaneous structures work? For example, if I put units xxx in slot 21 of the defenders area at the Monster Lair, then put units yyy in the buyable units slot 21, will defenders xxx always be guarding units yyy?

Structures don't seem to work in the above way...I tried to put strong guards on strong prisoners in all slots in my mod. But I keep getting some weaklings guarding a Black Dragon...can anyone help me?

posted 04-25-05 02:49 AM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
Ah, well, although my previous post generated no replies, I refuse to be discouraged! Let me try again to borrow some of the wisdom I know exists here:

Resurgence on items. It does not work, and never has worked in Dwigg mod. Heroes with the Phoenix Skin do not resurge. Is it like this in standard rules? Or has the item been assigned the wrong resurgence?

Thank you,

bj

posted 04-25-05 11:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Hmm... I remember writing a long reply to your last post... And still I didn't post it. Strange. If you still want to know about that, let me know.

I know that if your hero self destruct, he/she wont resurge. But there is something weird about resurgence, and I don't really know how it works. Search the tech help forum for more info.

[This message has been edited by Magog (edited 04-25-2005 @ 11:26 AM).]

posted 04-25-05 04:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
I would very much like to know, Magog

I found some old resurgence bug threads in the tech forum but no info on whether items work or not. Does anyone know?

[This message has been edited by The_Stranger (edited 04-25-2005 @ 04:57 PM).]

posted 04-25-05 07:53 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
Hi The_Stranger,

I missed seeing this post where you ask how defenders and buyable units work on miscellanious structures. In case you may still need to know I will try to explain.

As you know there are basically three sets of indexes for defenders and the units within which are structured like this:

0-9 (easy)
10-19 (average)
20-29 (hard)

Now all recruitment sites don't work exactly the same unfortunately, so let's start with how the circus and rogue shack work.

When you fight the guards from any of the three indexes, the buyable units within will be from the same index group. Now this doesn't mean that if you fight the guards in say index four, the buyable units will also be from index four. They may or may not be, it's random. The buyable units will simply be from the same difficulty level of indexes as the guards were.

Now as to Critter Dens and Druid Circles, according to all tests I have run these simply do not work properly, at least on random maps. On set maps they can be set to contain units within the easy, average or hard indexes, but on random maps only those units in the average indexes ever appear. The guards from all three groups of indexes come up but not the units within. As to why this is, I simply don't know. My guess is that it's just a bug.

Anyway, this is simply stuff I discovered as I worked on my own mod (which is now available by the way ). Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Kirky

posted 04-26-05 01:55 AM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
Kirky,

thank you for the excellent information! I'd noticed the lack of certain units in dens on maps as well. Hopefully I can get a better balance with guards and defenders now (and maybe Timelord will stop nagging me about it ).

Cheers,

bj

posted 12-03-05 08:53 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
hmmm...I thought I just posted this question, but it's not showing up in my browser. Anyhow, I've been looking over the forums for a discussion on the "masked abilities" section of the "abilities" section of the editor. I've run tests adding abilities here, but they don't seem to show up in the game. Does anyone know what this section does, or can anyone direct me to a discussion of this issue?

Also, Under the Animated ability, I find that the three races are not selected to use it. does anyone know why this is?

Cheers,

bj

[This message has been edited by The_Stranger (edited 12-03-2005 @ 09:00 PM).]

posted 12-04-05 03:56 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Masked abilties makes the selected abilities invisibly in world map. If you have poison immunity and protection, you can make protection invisibly.
posted 12-04-05 10:21 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
thanks Tearion
posted 12-04-05 10:26 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  

Quote:

Masked abilties makes the selected abilities invisibly in world map. If you have poison immunity and protection, you can make protection invisibly.

We have tried it for the patch but it didn't work.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 12-05-05 03:24 AM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
I've tested it and it worked. It was Turbo Beholder who found out this.
posted 12-05-05 07:48 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
How exactly did you test it?

Paolo Guccione
Alephtar Games
posted 12-05-05 09:01 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
Sorry, I meant it only works in tactical combat, not in world map. Click on [damage] protection, then click mask [damage] immunity.
posted 12-05-05 10:01 AM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
You mean: Click on [Damage] Immunity, then click on Mask [Damage] Protection, don't you?

Paolo Guccione
Alephtar Games
posted 12-05-05 10:45 AM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
No, this time I said it right
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Mod Making » Borrowing Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames