Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: VOW Park
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 05-09-02 03:26 PM EDT (US)   
The park itself exists in a small pocket-dimension, therefor it takes up only the amount of space nessecery for the portal to it. There is no entrance fee, unless you plan to turn the park into your evil lair.
The park is in some ways like a theme park, the portal leads to the central area, which is a peaceful grassland with picnic tables, a playground or two, lakes,rivers and peaceful wildlife, including fairies,
cats, and other peaceful, friendly critters. The center of the park also contains a small town for people to rest at, and buy food for picnics.

To the north lie the stepps, further north, the frozen mountains. That land is incredibly hard to cross, and inhabited by its own distinct wildlife, of which are capable of and willing to defend themselves if threatened.
Mountain creatures include yetis,penguins, and the dangerous nordic glows...

To the west lies a great shining forest, where elves are beleived to live.

To the south, is a desert that is home to many creatures such as sandworms, elephants, and some other dangerous creatures. The desert is a very dangerous place, and I do not advise entering it. The desert, like the mountains, contains many dungeons and catacombs.

To the east lies a swamp, where the lizardmen dwell. The lizardmen here are peaceful, but the creatures that dwell in their swamp are dangerous nonetheless.
They include basilisks,and wyverns.

The four themed areas are designed for brave adventurers only, for even the shining forest has its share of dangers. The central area is the main park, and the town there even has a pet store.

Well, the park has reopened. Please do not try to take over the park. Doing so is punishable by a one million-no, one-hundred billion dollar fine.

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 06-12-2002 @ 05:48 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-14-02 08:04 AM EDT (US)     31 / 89  
eheheh

Honoured member and Doughnut supplier of BTOOIC
posted 05-14-02 09:59 AM EDT (US)     32 / 89  
Um.Penguins.Attack.Them.All.Now.Cause.I.Hate.Them.All.You.
Ugly.Fourmers.We.Are.Going.To.Kill.You.All.We.Hate.BOOTIC.
We.Hate.You.We.Kill.You.All.Bye.Bye.For now cause they are about to take my email adress away.....NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!Ahh!Not Space Chipmunks!!!

[He is Now Locked Up Forever]
[He shall Never bother you again]
Your Welcome,
The Space Chipmunks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Luke Skywalker~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grammar Nazis Beware
Havocaos, Victory or Death!

[This message has been edited by Luke_SkyWalker55 (edited 05-14-2002 @ 10:01 AM).]

posted 05-14-02 10:48 AM EDT (US)     33 / 89  
Thanks, Chipmunks!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 05-14-02 11:00 AM EDT (US)     34 / 89  
*after casting Warp Party for 175419 times finaly manages to arrive in the park*

*wanders off into the forest where Elves are supposed to live*

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
posted 05-14-02 12:07 PM EDT (US)     35 / 89  
*returns from forest where Elves are supposed to live*

Wow! I have never seen so many Nymphs in one place! The forest really is the most dangerous part of the park (if you intend to leave that is).

*notices penguins*

Hey, it's the penguin invaders!

*uses dominate ability on penguins*

OK, I quess this should fix the problem. Not to mention I now have an army of Dire Penguins.

*reopnes park*

[This message has been edited by LordDragatus (edited 05-15-2002 @ 10:08 AM).]

posted 05-14-02 02:49 PM EDT (US)     36 / 89  
Thats not all of them...

I'd post more, but I don't want the angels to get on my case for image flooding
Oh, and you haven't gotten their leader. he'll just clone more penguins to replace lost ones. That's how they got such a big army in the first place.At least, I think it is.
posted 05-14-02 03:10 PM EDT (US)     37 / 89  
Oh, wait.. Incoming transmission from Lucca...

:Sorry for the delay... We had to find a way in to the penguins' castle... Anyways, we got in... We made a really big explosive, and blew a hole in the side, but the thing is... Crono was standing too close to the bomb, and he kinda... Died... We found his shoes and udnerwear, but that's it...
Anyways, we're not inside yet. We're still waiting to see if the penguins noticed the explosion... Not a single one seems to have heard it... We saw these weird machinelike thingies try to take over the penguins, but it looks like they(the penguins) were too evil to be controlled().

:Quit hogging the communicator!

:Marle, really... Lemme do this. You don't know the first thing about this stuff.

:give it here!

:*unintelligable shouting, screaming and arguing*

Well, that was our transmission... Apparently, we have 1 casualty... Anyways, we(I) have also received news that the penguins are only occupying the northernmost area, the mountains. Apparently, the ones in the center were scared off by Lord Dragatus dominating their kind. Therefor, it appears that we can reopen most of the park, I just want to warn everyone:stay away from the penguin lands. As soon as you see snow, that's the penguin land. Stay away from it.

posted 05-14-02 03:19 PM EDT (US)     38 / 89  
Another report.

:we see the army. We're transmitting a visual.

:I wanted to say that! You never let me use that thing!

:Shut up, Marle, or I'll tell everyone you're real name.

:*whimpers*

We have a visual.

Seems that one penguin is talking to a bunch of others... He must be training them or something...
:ALRIGHT! Who here has anything they'd rather be doing than marching up and down the square?

Alright... We've seen what they're doing. As I do not want to completely rip-off Monty Python, we'll be leaving it at that.

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 05-14-2002 @ 03:21 PM).]

posted 05-14-02 04:07 PM EDT (US)     39 / 89  
We're receiving another transmission from Lucca.

:Umm... I don't know how to tell you this, but uh... Well, we found their leader...

(me):So? That's a good thing, isn't it?

:Uhh, well... Kinda, but you see... We sort of... The guards found us.. Marle sneezed when I was just about to shoot their leader in the back... He heard us and called the guards... Then, the guards captured us, and took our weapons...

(me):Ok... That's not so bad... Where's Marle?

:They took her away to be executed...

(me)#%@#^^%@#^%$@#^%@$#%@$#%@$#%@#$@#%@$#%@#$!

:Uhh... We still get paid, right? Right?

(me):*turns communicator off*

@#$%!

posted 05-14-02 11:57 PM EDT (US)     40 / 89  
That's ok Psy, I found a thief who'll do the job. Oh he also has a wild friend...

"That's treasure hunter."

"Wau! Gau!" *runs all over the place* "Shiny! Shiny shiny shiny shiny..."

Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyways, if you think you need them, just give me a shout.

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon

[This message has been edited by Mister Pickles (edited 05-14-2002 @ 11:58 PM).]

posted 05-15-02 10:31 AM EDT (US)     41 / 89  
*starts casting resurect hero*

*sudenly gets an idea and stops casting ressurect hero - it would proboably bring back Black Helmet Man anyway*

*goes to the wishing fountain to wish that the penguin army (and especialy the leader) wouldn't get fried by a huge firestorm*

posted 05-15-02 10:42 AM EDT (US)     42 / 89  
*On the Execution Outpost with that girl*
:"Herreee penguiii penguiiii"
:"Shut Up!I dont wanna die attached to a big pole with a borg jabbering away!"
:"The striped assasin,we are saved!Oops,I dont think I should of said that..."

:"Who?!The striped assasin!Guards,stay on full alert!"
:"Whoopsy"

"Um,you might wanna watch out for that big nuke bomber,stripy"

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 05-15-02 11:21 AM EDT (US)     43 / 89  
*big firestorm*
*penguins are fried*
*penguin leader is extra crispy*

[This message has been edited by LordDragatus (edited 05-15-2002 @ 11:23 AM).]

posted 05-15-02 12:50 PM EDT (US)     44 / 89  

"I can never be forced to do what I don't wish,
So I'll ignore you as much as I do this here fish."

"Count no man happy until he is dead"
-Solon
posted 05-15-02 06:49 PM EDT (US)     45 / 89  
Penguins:Hey,it the Striped Assasin,get him!

*They eat him*
"Burp"

Your last chance has failed...all is lost...

Its Dicsco Boy!

Do it all night!

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 05-15-02 07:05 PM EDT (US)     46 / 89  
Last I heard, LordDragatus called a firestorm on the penguins, and Falagar was going to feed them to some gold dragons... Oh, and Lucca, and Marle are still alive and well in the castle.I hope.

P.S., Crono isn't really dead, what happened to him will be revealed in the map I plan to make based on the penguins taking over the park, so ressurect hero spells won't work on him... Also, they won't work on Black Helmet Man either because he isn't a hero.

:Hey!

Oh, and he came back to life somehow.

:Stop whispering!

NO!Hey, Mr.Pickles... Can I use Mr.T for a while? I think Black Helmet Man needs to pay him another visit...And get the crap beaten out of him again...

:What?

Nothing... Nothing...

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 05-15-2002 @ 07:10 PM).]

posted 05-15-02 07:12 PM EDT (US)     47 / 89  
"Someone is deeply in error I'm here and I am well,
no fantasy or terror could spoil this handsome spell"

winner of BTOOIC 2003 AoW2 tournament
teamwinner of HG 2002 AoW1 double tourney finals (with ArchmageSUN)
ex-foreign advisor to BTOOIC (retired due to lack of foe)
posted 05-15-02 07:19 PM EDT (US)     48 / 89  
Well,Mr.Striped assasin..JUST KILL THE PENGUINS AND GET ME OUTA HERE!!!!!I was only warning you have that bomber,I wasnt threatning you with it..

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 05-15-02 07:50 PM EDT (US)     49 / 89  
You seem to be underestimating the penguins... I'm afraid you do not comprehend great the evil and destruction that they are capable of...

*For each penguin that died, 5 more appear out of nowhere to take it's place*

*the penguins march forward, grabbing whatever they can find(slingshots, machineguns, flying vorpal-bunny cannons)*

*The penguins attack the Borg*

*the penguins drive everyone out of their mountains, except Crono, Marle and Lucca, and the Striped Assassin, who have eluded them so far*

*Oh, and they didn't go after Mr.T either. They won't go near him for some reason...*

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 05-15-2002 @ 07:51 PM).]

posted 05-15-02 08:04 PM EDT (US)     50 / 89  
"Yay!Its chompy the goat!Im saved!"

*Runs away*
"Die Suckas!"
*Borg kill all the penguins*
"There your park is rid of them,now im going to go assimilate somthing.."

Grammar Nazis Beware
posted 05-15-02 10:03 PM EDT (US)     51 / 89  
Uh, thanks... Just to be safe, I think I'll have them cremated...(the penguins)
posted 05-16-02 11:29 AM EDT (US)     52 / 89  
Er... does this mean the Penguin crisis is over? Or will there be more of them poping out of nowhere?

posted 05-16-02 11:43 AM EDT (US)     53 / 89  
They have been stopped...for now...

"But is the penguin-side stronger?"

"No! easier it is...more tempting!

"oh"

*goes to kill FALCE Luke Skywalker and Black-helmetman*

Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar... Ask yourselves, all of you... What power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?
posted 05-22-02 00:00 AM EDT (US)     54 / 89  
Well, there were some penguins left. In short, Black Helmet Man gathered those penguins that remained evil and took them to his Death Star-like spaceship with the Spin the Planet gun. The spaceship was sucked into a black hole, so it's unlikely that we will see them for a while, and the park is reopened. I apologize for any inconveniences the penguins may have caused, and the park will now be operated by specifically programmed robots that are programmed to perform their specific duties, and not rebel or form their own empire, or anything like that.

Scientist-guy who no one knows the name of yet:Um, actually... All robots will at some point rebel against their masters...(Quiet, you.

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 05-22-2002 @ 00:03 AM).]

posted 05-22-02 03:20 AM EDT (US)     55 / 89  
Is it safe for tourists again? I was just about to warn people about the dangerous situations in here at the Tourist Board. Well, better late than never.

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 05-22-02 03:07 PM EDT (US)     56 / 89  
Complete safety is non-existant. However, the proboability that something bad happens again seems to be very low at the moment, so I think we can let the people back into the park.

posted 05-22-02 03:20 PM EDT (US)     57 / 89  

Quote:

Complete safety is non-existant

Nonsense, it's completely safe. Nothing bad will ever happen again...*gets bit by a mosquito*OW! @#$%ing... What did I ever do to you, @#$%ing sonofa... @#@#%OW!! Stupid...*attempts to swat the mosquito, and runs into a tree*OW! @#$%! Um, anyways, like I was saying, completely safe...*seagull poop falls in my eye* AAAH! @#$%!

*wiping seagull poop off*Anyways, like I was saying, perfectly safe. Good day.*trips over a tree branch while walking off into the distance*OW!

posted 05-23-02 05:35 AM EDT (US)     58 / 89  
Quote:

Soon, I will send Crono, Marle and Lucca into the forest to investigate it's dangers.

Eeer, I've been in the forrest and it's very, very dangerous. It's crawling with Nymphs and I could hardly get away. Make sure not to send any guys in it, you may never see them again (except if you follow them).

posted 05-23-02 10:53 AM EDT (US)     59 / 89  
Thats ok, I don't like Crono much anyway. Ad, I think I'lll make them go all the way to the other side of the forest before coming back, to see how big it is...
posted 05-25-02 03:42 AM EDT (US)     60 / 89  
Well, if you don't like him and want to get rid of him the forest is the place to send him.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » VOW Park
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames