Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wild West Mini Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 09-01-08 11:18 AM EDT (US)   

1875. Western Frontier.
"Gold!" The man on horseback cried out, armed with a pickaxe on his back and a revolver around his waist, he waited for people to flock around him in the dying sun to hear his news. Even children having fake standoffs and drunk men lounging around at the saloon staggered over to hear his news. "Gold in these mountains. Your towns mountains! And with your help we can all become rich. It's that simple!" A dim of exited and cautious whispers spread across the townsfolk, nothing like this had ever happened to this rusty but charming town, and here was this unknown figure promising them all gold... and he promised them it would be so simple. But they should have known, nothing is simple here. Welcome to the West. The Wild West.

Time: End Game. Join town and survivor victory.

Alive
03: Julius999 (Sheriff, Cop)
06: Nacht Jager (Cowboy, Optional ranch worker)
09: Blatant7 (Barmaid, Jailkeeper
10: Maegereg (Apache Indian, Iron Survivor)
12: GoSailing (Western Entrepreneur, Inventor)

Dead
01: Friend of Old, Unelected Mayor, Vote Requiring Jack of all Trades (Town), Killed Night 1
04: UndeadSniper55, Hired Gunman, Forced Vigilante (Town), Lynched Day 2
05: Ashrzr, Town Drunk, Skitzo (Town), Killed Night 2
08: Arvedui, The Outlaw Safecracker, A Role Cop (Mafia), Lynched Day 3
07: TBK145, The Oulaw Gold Miner, A Commuter (Mafia), Lynched Day 4
11: TartarianCerberus, Store-Owner, A ShopKeeper (Town), Killed Night 4
02: Rotaretilbo, The Corrupt Preacher, Limited unlynchable and noble Godfather (Mafia) Commited Suicide night 5

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is just a warning. To many edited posts will result in a modkill.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died. 'bah' and 'good game guys' posts are allowed but nothing more.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.
  • Read and follow the rules on Mexican Standoffs below.

Mexican Standoffs
  • Mexican Standoffs are a new mechanic I have added for Wild West mafia, as it is one of the most associated and famous things of the West.
  • Every day a player can challenge another player for a standoff by saying Challenge: Name. You can challenge as many people during the day as you want as long as the previous person you challenged declined. You can only participate in one standoff per day. So, if your challenge is declined you may issue another, if it's accepted however you cannot challenge again.
  • You may not challenge a player who has currently challenged someone, accepted a challenge or being challenged at the moment.
  • If your being challenged at the moment you cannot issue a challenge, unless you decline the challenge already on you.
  • The player who is being challenged can decline the challenge by saying Decline the Challenge from: Name or accept it by saying Accept the Challenge from: Name. However, be warned if you decline to many challenges you will be seen as a coward. 2 Declines will mean the amount of votes you require to be lynched decreases by 1. More than 2 and you will lose your voting privelages for that day.
  • If a challenge is accepted, the two players must send me via e-mail 3 rock paper scissors games, For example player 1 sends in:
    1) Rock
    2) Rock
    3) Rock
    and if player 2 e-mails in in
    1) Paper
    2) Rock
    3) Paper.
    Player 2 will therefore win the Standoff.
  • You must e-mail me your standoff game before the day post, when a no lynch has been decided or someone ahs been lynched. As the results of the standoff will be announced then. Failure to send in your game by this time will result in automatically losing the standoff.
  • If you lose the showdown, you will be wounded and therefore if you have a night action there will only be a 50% chance of your action occuring. Also, the next day you are unable to vote for the person who won the standoff against you.
  • If theres a draw in the rock paper scissors game, both players may be wounded, or both players might miss there shots, depending upon how nice i'm feeling
  • Only 2 standoffs can happen when there are 12 or less of you alive. So, even if there have been 4 challenges, the first two accepted will take place, and then the other two challenges will jsut be vetoed. If theres only 6 or less of you alive, then only 1 standoff can take place that day.
    Any questions about Mexican Standoffs feel free to ask here, or via e-mail.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 01-18-2009 @ 11:01 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09-01-08 11:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 407  
    The sun blazed over the Western plains, glaring down onto the sparse towns, a Shepard watching it’s sheep. Two figures walked side by side across this land, just south of a small town. The figured nodded at each other. Both armed, both experts. One idly kicked a stone, a mere pebble compared to the vast rockies that surrounded them.
    “You sure bout this?”
    “I know it’s somewhere round here, my sources are good.”
    “What bout him?”
    “He’ll be here. Wait. He is here.”
    He nodded his head towards the approaching shape. A man on a horse, pickaxe on back, gun belt on waist. Early forties most likely, neatly curled black moustache, and perky eyes scanning the surroundings.
    “Good place e’re, less open land” the stone kicker jabbered.
    “Quit it, now wait till I count to 3, them we’ll get him. Remember, no shooting him right? Not till we got the gold’s location anyway.” The other one whispered, saying it like it was the most serious thing that had had ever left his lips. “1…2…wait for it…3!”

The horse reared up and nearly bolted of as the two men threw themselves from behind the rock, both pulling out their revolvers and aiming at him, before his face could even register surprise.
    “Don’t run, don’t move, just don’t do nuttin, okay? The only thing I want you to do is answer me some questions.”
    The shocked horseman merely raised his hands and stared hurriedly between the two figures in front of him.
    “Got it?” He shouted at the horseman, who quickly nodded his head in response.
    “Good!”
    “You’re looking for gold?” Another nod.
    “You’re the one who found the gold?”
    This time the horseman’s expression changed altogether. The look of fear nearly vanished, and was replaced with a curious and indignant scowl.
    “You know how long it took me to find this gold?”
    “You know I don’t care?” Came the harsh reply. “Now, where is it?”
    “I ain’t tellin you, that’s my gold. Mine. Twenty years I been searching for somet like this. My big break you might call it. I’m not gonna let some outlaws come and try and take it from me. You can kill me before I’ll tell you.”
    “Fine.”
    The man turned his head around to his colleague and nodded. Who slowly checked his revolver was loaded and pulled back the hammer and aimed it and let off a toothless grin. A golden eye gleamed. While the morning sun burned. The horseman tried stuttering something clearly not expecting them to actually shoot him. A shrug was the answer and a bullet was the killer.

The two men stared at the body as it collapsed onto the rough ground, and watched the horse bolt off into the distance. Dust rose from where the hooves clipped the warm ground. A pool of blood was forming on the ground from where the bullet had entered between the goldhunters eyes.
    “What now?” one of the two original figures said, walking over to the body and kicking it.
    “Normal people search a body after killing a person, y’know? Not kicking it!”
    “No kiddin!” he said sarcasticly “What now?”
    “Search him”
    “What?
    “Search the body, it’s a fairly easy concept.”
    “No kiddin?”
    He reached down and started going through the dead mans pockets and bag, nothing surprising, revolver, supplies, rope, ammo, pickaxe, money. He pocketed most of it, but there was nothing about the gold they were after. He was about to give up when his hand clasped something and pulled out a piece of paper, a grin spread across his face.
    “It’s a map.” He laughed giving it to his partner. Whose hard expression didn’t change.
    “When I told your mother I was gonna look after you, I dint lie. You see my friend I’m gonna make us rich. Filthy rich. We’ve just got one more thing to do.
    “What?”
    “Theres a plan on this map to. The plan seems to involve the word townspeople, and help quite a bit. Now your no thinker, but I am.” He said picking up the pickaxe, he pointed it over the brow of the rocks, hinting towards a small town in the distance. “The only place around for miles, and they all know of this gold. He told em. So, we go down there, we get those people out of the picture, then we’re rich and your mother will let me through those pearly gates up high."

It is now Night 0.
    Please send all night actions to A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk
    You have 48 hours.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 09-03-08 10:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 407  
    I am still waiting on a couple actions.
    24 hour extension

posted 09-03-08 06:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 407  
    The sun hung high up in the morning sky, no cloud in sight, a uncanny strong breeze blew the dust around, getting in peoples eyes. People were just going about there average routines and superstitions until a scream rang out. Everyone ran out to see a body thrown on the floor, rolling about in the wind. It was the man who discovered the gold, shot between the eyes. A simple note lay on his body

‘If you know whats good for you you’d leave this town now, and let us have the gold. If not all shall perish’

A silence followed, only the wind could be heard, blowing one mans hat of, who was looking to shocked to seemingly notice. One regular drunk appeared to sober up as soon as the message was read.
    “Well I don’t believe it, this can’t be true’ was muttered
    “I do.” said one man. Everybody spun around to see Maegereg staring at them intently “Last night I was attacked, I heard a couple of shots ring out, one hitting the wall near me and one glancing me in the shoulder, it was dark and I turned around and briefly saw a outline, pulling pack the hammer to fire the revolver again. Luckily he was standing close and I ran into him, knocking him over, and then I kept running, I didn’t look back.”
    Everyone stared at him for a while open jawed until one wise crack said
    “No kiddin?”
    “Look” He said, and indeed he showed his shoulder where the bullet had skimmed him.
    “There something terrible at work here” One said after a while. “It could be anyone of us doing this, but I know I’m not going anywhere. Theres gold here and it’s ours I’m not letting anyone else have there hands on it.
    A silent ‘Amen’ went around the citizens.

It is now Day 1. Nobody was killed last night.
    With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch
    And now you've enter the West. Don't expect any justice here, only revenge.

posted 09-04-08 12:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 407  
    Nice, no one died last night. Looks like a roleblocker or doctor took a lucky shot.

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 09-04-08 01:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 407  
    ...or the mafia hit an Iron townie.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 09-04-08 03:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 407  
    Seems more like an iron townie to me.

Vote: Sails

He always dies night 0, so therefore he must be scum!

Doctor FoO
    posted 09-04-08 05:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 407  
    That is some of the worst logic I ever heard.

That said, Vote: Sails.

And yes, I think it does seem more like an iron townie than anything else, though we must remember that we don't know how Banned will do his write ups; I, for one, place no hints as to why a person didn't die.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 09-04-08 05:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 407  
    Would one of you mind explaining to me what a random band-wagon right now achieves? The only thing I can see happening is that you either quit the band-wagon or go straight to a claim. Neither of which is particularly constructive.

posted 09-04-08 05:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 407  
    Currently, we have no info except the fact that Maeg is probably townie. That's why we're going for a random claim, so that we can analyze other people's reactions and see what info we can garner.

|
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 09-04-08 05:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 407  
    In that case I say we pressure Maeg and see why exactly he wasn't killed. If he is an iron townie he should have no problem sharing that information with us, and we would know for sure. But I doubt anyone would agree so whatever.

Vote: Sails

EE forever
    posted 09-04-08 05:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 407  
    Not my preferred style of play, but I'm obviously not going to be able to convert you to my way of thinking in this game.

I'm just not keen on some poor sod being randomly forced to claim for no reason whatsoever. Especially when they turn out to be the Doc.

posted 09-04-08 08:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 407  
    It's a chance we have to take if we're going to get anywhere. A cautious town is that much easier for scum to control. We could discuss game setup and mechanics till we're all blue in the face, but we'll still come away knowing virtually nothing about anyone, because anyone with real inside information can pretty easily feign ignorance. Scum rarely make mistakes when discussing game mechanics, and those that due are usually unaligned players like SKs, who I don't consider to be a threat on the same level as a mafia.

As for Sails, he seems to have plenty of votes on him for now, so I'll hold off on voting until after he's posted.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 09-04-08 08:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 407  
    I am an entrepreneur, an inventor. I know that change is going to occur, that industrialization is going to change everything. And, because of that, I started my career as an inventor.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 09-05-08 05:18 AM EDT (US)     14 / 407  
    It's a chance we have to take if we're going to get anywhere. A cautious town is that much easier for scum to control. We could discuss game setup and mechanics till we're all blue in the face, but we'll still come away knowing virtually nothing about anyone, because anyone with real inside information can pretty easily feign ignorance. Scum rarely make mistakes when discussing game mechanics, and those that due are usually unaligned players like SKs, who I don't consider to be a threat on the same level as a mafia.
    There are other, (in my opinion) better, ways of playing. But this is clearly what you guys are used to.

Sails' claim sounds good to me. For one thing it's set out in a similar way to mine. More importantly, it's quite easy to test.

If the Inventor role is what I think it is, he basically gives powers to other people. So if by the end of today we end up with a player who is most likely town, we can ask Sails to provide him with Doc protections. That player will then be able to confirm.

Vote: Ashrzr

For allowing himself to be carried away by a band-wagon supposedly against his wishes (oops we lynched a townie, told you I didn't want to do this, but I had no choice but to vote) and also for trying to get Maegereg to reveal part of his role. Especially as Maegereg is more likely than anyone else to be town.

Also, I have a fun idea. If there are any Millers in this game, please say so now. If you can't reveal it, fine, but then you can't reveal it conveniently in a roleclaim later. If we get all our supposed Millers out in the open, our Cop gets a useful guideline and we prevent against an easy scum claim of Miller later on.

Of course, scum might claim Miller now. But that is also to our advantage. Either way, it helps us to prevent Millers popping up halfway through the game and takes away this excuse from the scum.

posted 09-05-08 10:18 AM EDT (US)     15 / 407  
    Millers aren't that common, even in these games.
    If the Inventor role is what I think it is, he basically gives powers to other people. So if by the end of today we end up with a player who is most likely town, we can ask Sails to provide him with Doc protections. That player will then be able to confirm.
    Yea, but they aren't all doctor and I can only give away each of my things once. Plus, not even moderator plays where you receive notification of getting an item. I did when there was an inventor in Alias mafia but I believe I've played in a game or two where notifications were not given out.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 09-05-08 10:48 AM EDT (US)     16 / 407  
    Ok, sometimes I'm a miller and sometimes I'm not, it's complicated.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 09-05-08 11:54 AM EDT (US)     17 / 407  
    Yea, but they aren't all doctor and I can only give away each of my things once. Plus, not even moderator plays where you receive notification of getting an item. I did when there was an inventor in Alias mafia but I believe I've played in a game or two where notifications were not given out
    Doc protections was only an example. If the moderator not informing the recipient (silly idea in my opinion, they might as well not have the power until the Inventor claims) is a problem, use something easier to confirm like Vig kills. Then we'll have a maximum of two nights until your role is verified (one to grant the power, another to use it). Should work okay.
    Millers aren't that common, even in these games.
    True, but it might be nice to deny this convenient little claim to the scum. And according to RCM we have at least one. Sort of.

posted 09-05-08 11:57 AM EDT (US)     18 / 407  
    One other thing we can use to our advantage. If we have two players under suspicion we can get them to have a standoff. That way we'll end up with one of them only having a 50% chance of a successful night action. If they're scum, that can only be a good thing.

posted 09-05-08 12:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 407  
    While at the same time the scum player (if there is one) might win. That's as much of a chance as unstable roles, something I happen to know you find intolerable Julius. Plus on game tactics I agree with Rot, we can discuss theory and whatnot until the cows come home if we're honest, but by the end of it we gain little advantage over the scum and have nothing really to go on apart from theory. Bandwagons generate discussion and give us some actual information.

Unvote, I'm happy with Sail's claim.

I'd like to hear a bit more from Jeager though.

Doctor FoO
    posted 09-05-08 12:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 407  
    You're all satisfied just like that? I want to hear precisely how the inventor mechanic works. Didi Sails start the game with several items? In that case what are they and what do they do? Does he have to make the items as he goes along? In that case did he make any items last night?

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 09-05-08 12:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 407  
    That's as much of a chance as unstable roles, something I happen to know you find intolerable Julius.
    True, and I do despise them. But on the other hand there's a new game mechanic and I want to use it for the town's advantage if possible.
    Plus on game tactics I agree with Rot, we can discuss theory and whatnot until the cows come home if we're honest, but by the end of it we gain little advantage over the scum and have nothing really to go on apart from theory.
    Don't kid yourself, there's more than two ways to start the game.
    You're all satisfied just like that? I want to hear precisely how the inventor mechanic works. Didi Sails start the game with several items? In that case what are they and what do they do? Does he have to make the items as he goes along? In that case did he make any items last night?
    I suppose we might as well hear the whole story, although I don't suspect Sails.

posted 09-05-08 02:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 407  
    Hm, Sails is a bit suspicious and apparently so am I. Do you guys want an RC?

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 09-05-08 03:37 PM EDT (US)     23 / 407  
    And I've heard yours, Julius. Sit and wait for someone to act scummy. That is to say, wait for someone else to open the game, and then call them scummy because they opened the game. And waiting for someone to act scummy leaves room for either mechanic discussion, which then removes any chance that anyone will act scummy (at least, scum, since they are in their element when the town is discussing something that will barely help; in fact, mechanic discussion is beneficial for the scum, because they can gauge who knows a lot about how the game works to identify power roles while feigning ignorance themselves), or inactivity, which also removes any chance that anyone will act scummy, especially since everyone is scared to post because they fear they'll be considered scummy by someone.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    posted 09-05-08 03:51 PM EDT (US)     24 / 407  
    You may perceive it that way. But that's because the time you were lynched was because your way of opening the game was to get a role out in the open, which I normally associate with scum tactics. Here, however, it's the norm.

Random votes to begin with I am fine with, random bandwagons leading to claims, less so. Although I'm happy to live with it here.

My preferred way of opening the game is random votes being cast for a number of different players and looking at reactions at that point. This generates enough posts for subtle scummy behaviour to show through, without forcing anyone to roleclaim unnecessarily. It's a surprisingly effective method and is much more precise than a bandwagon.

But that's just game theory. Let's stick to the matter at hand. As I said earlier I am most interesting in hearing from Ashrzr.

posted 09-05-08 06:42 PM EDT (US)     25 / 407  
    Didi Sails start the game with several items? In that case what are they and what do they do? Does he have to make the items as he goes along? In that case did he make any items last night?
    I start the game with the items, they last until I give them to somebody else. I would rather not, for the benefit of the town, say what they all do, but I can if you insist.

posted 09-05-08 07:00 PM EDT (US)     26 / 407  
    I was going to say this later in the game but I changed my mind and I'm going to claim right now.

I am a saloon maid, a jailkeeper who can give so much ale to another player, that the target would become so drunk he would not be able to use his night action that night, and also protecting him at the same time. Last night I randomly targeted Undeadsniper. I suspect Undead tried to kill Maeg but he missed the shot because he was so drunk.

Vote: UndeadSniper55

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 09-05-08 07:04 PM EDT (US)     27 / 407  
    I don't think it's really necessary for that. I personally have no problem believing Sails at this point. Maeg is pretty much confirmed, too, but I want to hear from RCM. Unvote, Vote: RCM

|
    posted 09-05-08 07:24 PM EDT (US)     28 / 407  
    All right. You need not reveal the items you have, though I'm not sure how it changes anything. And Grip, you shouldn't go after Undead.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 09-05-08 07:28 PM EDT (US)     29 / 407  
    Sorry, didn't see Grip's post. Undead, now? How can you say that Undead was the killer? There's no hint of any drunkenness from the killer in the write up, and Undead could easily have been a roleblocker or doc or cop. I don't get your logic.

|
    posted 09-06-08 03:54 AM EDT (US)     30 / 407  
    What he's saying is that whoever shot at Maeg missed. Furthermore, when Maeg charged his shooter, he bowled him over and his shooter couldn't respond quickly enough to even shoot Maeg in the back as he ran. It would be logical to conclude from Grip's perspective that said shooter was drunk, whereas the rest of us just assumed Maeg was iron or doc protected or something.

Vote: Undeadsniper55

So let's hear from Undead, I guess. Sails can send an item to Maeg tonight, whichever he chooses, since Maeg is pretty much confirmed. That way, we can confirm Sails' role.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Wild West Mini Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames