EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Artemis Fowl Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 03-22-09 09:42 PM EDT (US)   

Commander Trouble Kelp himself led the Retrieval team to dig Opal Koboi out of the rubble. They inflated a distortion bubble over the work zone, so they could fire up the shuttle's lasers without fear of discovery.
"Hurry up, Furty," Trouble called over an open channel. "We have one hour until sunrise. Let's get that megalomaniacal pixie out of there and back into her own time."
“Okay, Commander,” he said, managing to make the rank sound like an insult. “I made it to the spot. It’s a miracle I’m alive. This thing is as steady as a house of cards in a hurricane.”
“Keep yer acorns on, Commander. I’m readin’ the beacon loud and clear.”
Trouble fumed silently. Maybe Holly Short was not the only one who would have to be disciplined.
He followed the live feed, watching Furty scoop aside the rock, weed, and shell fragments covering Holly’s suit. Except there was no suit. Just a helmet with its flashing tracer beacon.
“I came all this way for a helmet?” said Furty, aggrieved. “Ain’t no Pixie here, just the smell of one.”
Trouble sat up straight. “Are you sure? Could you be in the wrong spot?
Furty snorted. “Yep. I’m at the other buried LEP helmet. ‘Course I’m sure.”
She was gone. Opal had disappeared.
Trouble took a breath. “Put out an alert. Priority one. I want the guards tripled on our Koboi in Atlantis. It be just like Opal to bust herself out.”
Foaly got to it. One Opal Koboi had almost managed to take over the world. Two would probably shoot for the entire galaxy.
“And call Holly,” continued Commander Kelp. “Inform the captain that her weekend on leave is canceled.”

Foaly awoke to an urgent call from Trouble: “Damn it! The Atlantis command room has lost contact with the guards who patrol the Deeps. They sent a patrol down to find the cause and found the Water Sprites and Water Elves suffering from extreme memory loss. They don’t remember what happened for the previous three days and our Koboi is gone! I want you to shut down all rides to the surface. Only recon and retrieval personnel will allowed through, and only to come back to Haven or Atlantis. I want all LEP forces on the lookout.”
“We had an incident over at the surface of E-44, you know, the Madrid chute?” Foaly nervously replied.
“What kind of incident!” roared Trouble.
“We lost all contact with them, we thought the flares were acting up, but after looking over the data from the flare prediction stations we knew we had no flares, ergo--“
“Send all retrieval and recon personnel over there now! We are going to stop both Opals this time!”

Living:
5. Yeebaagoon - yeebaagooon@hotmail.co.uk
9. Xaph - xaphianion@gmail.com
11. A_Banned_User - A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk
12. Wonder Bread - wonder-bread@hotmail.com
16. Drinian - kingdommusician@yahoo.com

Dead:

15. Briguy - Doodah Day, Pixie, Faith Tracker, Faith Thief, Mason with Mulch Diggums, 100 Magic Points. - Town
14. Pit_King - Trouble Kelp, Elf, LEP Commander (specific politician), Faith Vigilante, 100 Magic Points. - Town
18. GoSailing - Rogue Troll, Troll, Bomb (unknown) Semi-Iron Serial Killer, No Magic Points. - Third Party
1. Rotaretilbo - Butler, Human, One shot Shield, Unactivated Vigilante, unactivated tracker/watcher, No Magic Points. - Town
4. Julius999 - Artemis Fowl, Human, Genius, Mason with Holly Short, No Magic Points, is dead. - Town
7. Friend of Old - Holly Short, Elf, Cop, One shot vigilante, Mason with Artemis Fowl, 100 Magic Points, is dead. - Town
13. James Hook - Descant Brill, Pixie, Vengeful Mason, 100 magic points is dead. - Opal Mafia
3. Maegereg - Mulch Diggums, Pixie, Faith Tracker, Faith Thief, Mason with Doodah Day. - Town
6. Arvedui - Mervall Brill, Pixie, Vengeful Mason, 100 magic points is dead. - Opal Mafia
2. Blatant - Opal Koboi (present), Semi-Iron, Mafia Godfather, Genius, Pixie-Human, No Magic Points. - Opal Mafia
17. Ashrzr - Qwueffor, Demon, 250 Mason with Qwan and No1, 250 Magic Points. - Town
10. DunC - Opal Koboi (past), Mafia Godfather, Pixie, 200 Magic Points. - Opal Mafia
8. Pit_king - Foaly, LEP, Tracker, Watcher, Inventor. Centaur. No Magic Points. - Town

Reserves:

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote my emails. Paraphrase.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. Otherwise, I'll ignore your new vote.

Magic

Abilities

Healing (50 magic points) - Prevents a character from dying (like a normal doctor). All fairies with magic can do this action. If the character gets attacked then drain an extra 25 magic points per attack from the person using healing. If a character cannot provide the extra points then they will be exhausted the next day. Exhausted characters cannot vote. Healing a poisoned character will use up 100 points of magic.

Shielding (100 magic points) - When shielding the shielded character cannot be successfully targeted by night actions. The character cannot send in any night actions. Only elves and sprites can shield.

Replenishing Magic

To replenish your magic you must send in a night action to the game moderator saying that you would like to complete the ritual. On nights with no full moons the ritual only restores 50 magic points. On nights with a full moon it restores all your magic points. There is a full moon every 2 nights. Night 2 will be a full moon, as will Nights 4, 6, 8, etc.

When you use a magical ability, or you replenish your magic, that is your night action for that night.

My E-Mail is catabre.ubersoldner@gmail.com in case you need to reach me.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 05-14-2009 @ 09:20 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03-22-09 09:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 435  
    Trouble fumed silently. It would be a long night, the flares were up, and he couldn't send anyone to the surface right now. He would have to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully Opal wouldn't announce her presence to the humans, or make a strike agaisnt Haven while he had no retrieval or recon personnel above the surface. He would have to wait. He knew it, and it only served to make him angrier.

It is now Night 0. Send your Night Actions to catabre.ubersoldner@gmail.com

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 03-26-2009 @ 10:56 AM).]

posted 03-25-09 10:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 435  
    Trouble was shielding, pulsing blood through his veins and arteries which made him shake incredibly fast. He vibrated out of the visible spectrum, and walked out of his room. It felt good to shield, he hadn't used his magic in a few days anyway. As he walked down the hall to the shuttle bay, he the soft drone of a hover pod. He turned around, and watched the pod go into his room and explode with a flash of blue light. Someone had tried to blue rinse him...

Doodah Day (Briguy) walked towards his favorite undergroun fish restaraunt. Just because you work for the law doesn't mean you have to give up all your old habits... Fish were excellent, especially shellfish. There was nothing like a good lobster...

BAM! Doodah fell to the ground stunned, he looked up to see some goblins sitting their laughing.
    "What now babyface?"
    Doodah growled, picking up a rock.
    The goblins scurried away on fall fours, after hearing a deep growl emanate from behind him.
    Doodah turned around and saw a fuly grown male troll charging him.
    "D'Arvit!" was all he managed to say before the troll gored him through his heart. His magic started to heal the wounds, but it was not healing fast enough. The troll ripped into his torso and roared a cry of victory.

Someone tried to kill Pit King but failed.
    Briguy - Doodah Day, Pixie, Faith Tracker, Faith Thief, 100 Magic Points, is dead.

It is now Day 1. It takes 9 votes to lynch.

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 03-27-2009 @ 10:35 AM).]

posted 03-26-09 12:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 435  
    2 to roleclaim? Why?

It looks like we have two scum factions then. And unless I've got things wrong, hasn't Pit just been confirmed as trouble? Maybe not, but I'm confused.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 03-26-09 03:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 435  
    As is tradition we begin with the random Vote: Arvy.

Doctor FoO
    posted 03-26-09 03:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 435  
    How would je suis faith tracker or je suis faith thief work? Is it that Briguy would pick somebody and would either track them or steal from them, or would he pick un of those deux roles and theres a 50% chance of it working?

And I don't think random voting is a tradition, like christmas, it's just that people fail to see any other way of starting the day off.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 03-26-09 04:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 435  
    French post-restriction? The je suis part doesn't make sense though.

Well this is going to be a tad confusing, magic points should make for some intersting strategy. In the write up, he says "D'arvit" which sounds like Arvy, so at least I'll have a reason for bandwagoning.

Vote: Arvy

EE forever
    posted 03-26-09 05:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 435  
    Naw, "Arvit" Is a common substitute for "Shit" in the Artemis Books. Either way, though, we have to start somewhere.

Pit King should be pressured after Arvy. He has two votes already, enough to RC...

Just for pressure, though;

Vote: Arvy

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 03-26-09 05:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 435  
    Oh, and, btw, it's extremely obvious that Pit is Trouble Kelp, from the flavor text. Blue Rinse, in the story, is basically a bomb that kills all living things. So, We know that Pit is confirmed as an iron-something or other.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 03-26-09 05:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 435  
    A Banned User, your character is so obvious .
    Same with you Ashrzr, although I am not aware of any existing post restrictions.

Now I assume a good number of us are magical beings, meaning we should concentrate on deducing pro-town people today so we can shield them at night.

I won't vote for Arvy as he has enough votes already.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 03-26-09 06:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 435  
    Different write-ups throughout the game will be from the viewpoint of different characters.

posted 03-26-09 06:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 435  
    What, me already? FoO makes me

Now, I am a vengeful mason, Qweffor. I won't reveal who my mason partner is, but when he dies, I get a free kill, and vice versa, as vengeful masons. I am a warlock, and have 100 magic points.

Now, before we go on, I don't think I'll be able to participate much because I have not read any of the Artemis Fowl books and no nothing of the story. When the game goes into more scum hunting rather than theme guessing, I'll be able to help.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 03-26-09 06:18 PM EDT (US)     12 / 435  
    Unfortuantely je suis French is nein so gut. And I can't help my character being obvious jem'apple so passionate post restriction. Bonbon.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 03-26-09 06:40 PM EDT (US)     13 / 435  
    Ummm... okay wait a second. I'm Queffor. Something's not right, did Arvy spell it wrong or is Qweffor a different character?

EE forever
    posted 03-26-09 06:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 435  
    *Qwueffor

EE forever
    posted 03-26-09 06:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 435  
    Neither of these roles seem right to me. I won't say why yet. Aszhr, do you have any magic points in your role, if you really are Qweffor?

posted 03-26-09 07:00 PM EDT (US)     16 / 435  
    I have 250, yes. Is there another creature named Queffor? Because otherwise it looks like he said he's the role that I have.

EE forever
    posted 03-26-09 07:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 435  
    Can't remember who stated it, but I agree that Pit has been confirmed as trouble.

It's pretty obvious.

Also, whats the reason for voting arvy?
    I'd add mine but too much pressure will lead to a speed lynch.

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
    "The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    "We're All The PirateBay"
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 03-26-09 07:08 PM EDT (US)     18 / 435  
    Checked back, it's a random vote.

Anyhoo:
    A Banned User, your character is so obvious
    I'm thinking of the French guy who the Bwa'Kell (Sp?) used to provide batteries to their revolution through Koboi.
    Yes?

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 03-26-09 07:09 PM EDT (US)     19 / 435  
    Thought just occured to:
    Anyone playing a Gnommish Character needs to beware of undergoing the ritual:
    Fowl is a near dead cert in this game AND a near dead cert to be able to capture a fairy (in some shape or form, relevant to mafia)

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 03-26-09 07:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 435  
    DunC, have you read the thread at all? And why is everyone saying Pit is trouble? I'm missing something here, totally confused.

EE forever
    posted 03-26-09 07:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 435  
    Trouble. Who is apparently a character. Anyhow, I' not all that familiar with the theme, so I'll have to let somebody else deduce which of the claims is more likely.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 03-26-09 08:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 435  
    I have 250, yes. Is there another creature named Queffor? Because otherwise it looks like he said he's the role that I have.
    And that is the problem with both of you. Thank God I'm one of the only people who is paying attention and reading carefully.
    Healing (50 magic points) - Prevents a character from dying (like a normal doctor). All fairies with magic can do this action. If the character gets attacked then drain an extra 25 magic points per attack from the person using healing. If a character cannot provide the extra points then they will be exhausted the next day. Exhausted characters cannot vote. Healing a poisoned character will use up 100 points of magic.

Shielding (100 magic points) - When shielding the shielded character cannot be successfully targeted by night actions. The character cannot send in any night actions. Only elves and sprites can shield.
    Look at the bolded parts. Qwueffor is a warlock, not any of those things, if I recall correctly from the books. For this reason, I believe one of you, if not both, is lying. I may be looking to much into the story, but in the books, the difference between fairies, sprites and elves are EXTREMELY distinct from that of the Warlocks. They even have different magic.
    And why is everyone saying Pit is trouble? I'm missing something here, totally confused.
    *Facepalm* Because no one pays any attention to the day post. Read carefully.
    Trouble was shielding, pulsing blood through his veins and arteries which made him shake incredibly fast. He vibrated out of the visible spectrum, and walked out of his room. It felt good to shield, he hadn't used his magic in a few days anyway. As he walked down the hall to the shuttle bay, he the soft drone of a hover pod. He turned around, and watched the pod go into his room and explode with a flash of blue light. Someone had tried to blue rinse him...
    Meaning he is iron, or protected. As I said, a blue rinse= a kill via an atomic bomb.

We think Pit is this, because:
    Someone tried to kill Pit King but failed.

posted 03-26-09 09:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 435  
    I'm wondering how this
    Oh, and, btw, it's extremely obvious that Pit is Trouble Kelp, from the flavor text. Blue Rinse, in the story, is basically a bomb that kills all living things. So, We know that Pit is confirmed as an iron-something or other.

Matches with this
    Pit King should be pressured after Arvy.

I mean you already know my role which is obviously pro-town, so what on earth would you be pressuring me for? Now for the current dilemma, I would say you have your facts wrong Hook. Although I have not read the latest book (which is the one this Mafia seems to be based on) and I read the other ones a few years back, a quick wiki-search summarizes a warlock:

Warlock

A fairy with strong magic skills who is highly trained in the magical arts.
    Also, continuing with that paragraph it fits perfectly into what the magic points are being used for in this game:
    In modern times, since Foaly "had them do their thing into lithium batteries," Warlocks are still trained in the magical arts, but their training leans more towards the medical side; Such as emergency medicine. Most warlocks have a strong pacifist creed.

So the question now is who is Qweffor. I looked under the wiki section in characters and the only names starting with Q are Qweffor and Qwan, no Queffor or Qwueffor. So Arvy got the name right, but there's no reason for Ash to counter-claim unless he actually has that role. You two should both expand on your roles, perhaps Qwueffor is actually some really minor character.

Vote: Ash

Only so you can claim.

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

posted 03-26-09 09:19 PM EDT (US)     24 / 435  
    Oh and Hook, I'm not iron, perhaps you should read the write-up more carefully . Look at the first sentence
    Trouble was shielding
    Since I noticed I was getting into the trend of being targeted in the first night, I decided to shield myself which turned out to be a good choice. The reason I'm pointing this out is because I figured it was pretty obvious and the mafia would have most likely noticed it, so they would target me the next night as my powers are drained and I didn't want the town to be under the impression I'm iron as then they wouldn't bother protecting me. I'm only blatantly pointing this out since it seems everyone and their mother can protect.

posted 03-26-09 09:26 PM EDT (US)     25 / 435  
    I am kinda surprised that I was killed the 1st night rather than a more experienced player, but maybe that's what they wanted me to think? Good game town, and good luck.

I need to think of a new sig.
    posted 03-26-09 09:49 PM EDT (US)     26 / 435  
    Now for the current dilemma, I would say you have your facts wrong Hook
    Nope. Please get YOUR facts right. I said you should be pressured way before I realized that you are Trouble, so please stop trying to make me sound like I have no idea what I'm saying...

posted 03-26-09 09:50 PM EDT (US)     27 / 435  
    Hm, I guess I'm wrong with the fairy thing, I guess, must've remembered wrong, my bad.

posted 03-26-09 09:51 PM EDT (US)     28 / 435  
    Oh, and sorry for triple posting, I just made a misinterpretation.
    Nope. Please get YOUR facts right. I said you should be pressured way before I realized that you are Trouble, so please stop trying to make me sound like I have no idea what I'm saying...
    Disregard this. Thought you were saying get my facts right about this, not the fairy thing, my bad. But still, the reason I did so stands.

posted 03-26-09 10:23 PM EDT (US)     29 / 435  
    For future reference Hook, you should really read/think about everything before you post. You say this:
    I said you should be pressured way before I realized that you are Trouble
    But you first posted saying I should be pressured and then 5 minutes later you double-post saying I'm obviously Trouble, not so "way before". It's also interesting since that is in the write-up so you should have read that first, but before you even read that you posted confidently stating I should be next for pressuring.
    But still, the reason I did so stands.
    And exactly what reason would that be?

posted 03-26-09 10:28 PM EDT (US)     30 / 435  
    The reason that I only skimmed over the post then went into it in detail. I only looked at the actually results, then looked at the responses, then went back to the day post. 5 minutes is reasonable.

Anyway, 'tis not important.

Anyway, Ashzrz, maybe you should role claim as well, and then we can compare the two RC's, and see which one is fake.

They both seem out of place in the story, but that is besides the point, as I don't think it's really following it.

Oh, and it may be just me, but from the terminology of Blue Rinse, I don't think you were targetted by gnoms or something. Probably by a corrupted officer (Can't currently think of any except Root's Brother) or Opal herself...

Anyway, good night, all.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Artemis Fowl Mafia Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames