You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Vietnam Mafia Game Thread.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
posted 05-28-09 06:19 PM EDT (US)   

1967. Somewhere in Vietnam.
“Bloody patrol duty I can’t fu-“ Suddenly. The American private crashed to the forests canopy, blood gurgling from his throat where the bullet hit him.
“Vietcong!” Somebody called and threw themselves to the floor, leaves crumpling under their figure, as the rest of the men hastily copied.
“Get some damn artillery on their positions!”
“Sir! We can’t see their positions, they may as well be invisible!”
Another two soldiers went down in their own blood as bullets ricocheted from the sticks and shrubbery that surrounded their cover.
“Shit! We have no other choice we’re sitting ducks here! Run for it run!”
The Americans threw their bodies back out into the vulnerable air, and made a dash through the jungle, while bullets thrashed all around them, some finding their mark. Suddenly the remaining dead beat and bloody soldiers came out into a clearing to find themselves facing a poor Vietnamese farming town. The inhabitants slowly came out, helplessly, to stare bemused at them.
“Please!” One of the townspeople cried out to the exhausted soldiers, “you have to help us! A crazed killer is stalking our village! He is removing us one by one with no clear motives! You can help us fight back against him… please you have to help!” However, before the dazed and lost soldiers had chance to reply, a crash and flutter of movement from the far stretching jungle behind them revealed the Vietcong were still after them. The villagers may have a new ally, but they've also got a new enemy.

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is just a warning. To many edited posts will result in a modkill.
  • No quoting the mod. Doing so will result in a modkill.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died. 'bah' and 'good game guys' posts are allowed but nothing more.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Napalm:
  • Once during the game any American soldier can call a napalm strike in. Napalm can only ever be used once, so if an American soldier decides to use it then no other American soldier can use it for the rest of the game.
  • If somebody wishes to use it, all they have to do is send me an e-mail of the player they wish to use it on. However, napalm has a devastating effect:
    Player A
    Player B
    Player C
    Lets pretend this is the sign up list, if a napalm strike is called in on player B, the person above player B and the person below him will also die. So, in this case player A and C would also die. So, if you are going to use it, use it wisely, and only if you think the risk is worth it.
  • Napalm can only be called in during day time by an American soldier.
  • Nobody survives Napalm, not even if your iron.
  • If Napalm hasn’t been used by the time there are 5 people or less alive, napalm can no longer be used.
  • No calling in a napalm strike on yourself. I don't want anybody commiting suicide in a blaze of explosions!
  • You can't call in a napalm strike if you have half the required number of votes on you for a lynch.
  • Surely nobody will go crazy enough to use it? But the threat of it will always hang over everybody…

I can also reveal this game is a semi semi-open set up. So I can tell you that a number of townies will receive the following role e-mails:

“You are a Vietnamese Townsperson (Vanilla Townie). A member of the Vietnamese settlement, which is being stalked by a ruthless killer, and recently under the protection of a group of lost American soldiers. You have no abilities except the power to voice your opinion and vote. You win with town. Good luck!”

And a few will receive the following:

“You are an American Private, specializing in _______ (Role here). A soldier in the small company of American soldiers who got lost while being followed by a deadly group of Vietcong. You stumbled into this Vietnamese village, and are now sheltering here for protection. ROLE INFORMATION HERE. As well as this ability you can call in a napalm strike at any point during day if you think it's worth it, but only if no other American soldier has called it in before. You win with town. Good luck!”

As well as this there may be some town roles which neither of these role e-mails cover.

Time: Game Over Mercenary (Serial Killer/Cult) Victory!

Those Still Fighting - 2/18
    2. Heir of Elessar - American Private Recruit - Doctor Vanilla Goon.
    14. Rotaretilbo - The Mercenary - Redirecting Trapper.

Those Killed in Action - 16/18
    10. Catabre, Vietnamese Townsperson, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 0.
    16. Nacht Jaeger, A Vietnamese Monk, A Post-Restricted Roleblocker, Lynched Day 1.
    17. Julius, A Vietnamese Townsperson, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1
    13. Blatant, A Vietcong Guerilla, Thief, Killed Night 1
    15. Ashrzr, The Vietnamese Chieftain, A Noble Giver Governor Beloved Princess, Killed Night 2
    12. Maegereg, A Vietnamease Townsperson, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 3
    11.Catabre, A Vietnamease Townsperson, Vanilla Townie killed by Napalm Day 4.
    9. GoSailing, A Vietcong Guerilla, Goon, killed by Napalm Day 4
    8. DunC, An American Private, Gumsmith, killed by Napalm Day 4.
    18. Droideka, A Vietcong Guerilla, Goon, Lynched Day 4.
    3. The Brit, A Vietnamease Townsperson, Killed Night 4.
    6. Nomadic Noodle, An American Private, Three Shot Vigilante, Killed Night 4
    5. Heinz, A Vietnamease Townsperson, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 5
    1. Arvedui, American Private Recruit, Battery Reliant Tracker/Reporter Unknown Vanilla, Killed Night 5
    7. Friend of Old, The American Sergeant, A Iron Motivator Mass Lover, Lynched Day 6
    4. Ashrzr II, A Vietcong Guerrilla, A Mafia Inventor, Lynched Day 7

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 10-12-2009 @ 01:50 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 05-28-09 06:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 812  
    Yes, finaly we start.

Random Vote: Blatant

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 05-28-09 06:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 812  
    The sweltering sun slowly crept under the horizon and hid itself from the world and the dimming trees of the Vietnamese jungle. The jungle looked eerily silent and relaxed, the encounter earlier that day the only sign that all was not well. The sky glimmered as if it was a mirage before the American soldiers eyes, their views distorted from the teasing sweat that gently rolled down their foreheads and slickly over their pupils. Even though night was setting the heat refused to give them rest. The Vietnamese citizens were also no help, as they stared at the Americans and their equipment as if they were a blessing from God. Some townies ran into their uncomfortable mud huts and produced bowls of fantastic coloured fruit that glistened with beauty, but also reminding the Americans how lost and far away from home they really were.
    A helicopter was briefly heard in the distance, but no sighting of it could be made as the darkness slowly spread throughout the country, sending the soldiers reluctantly to their improvised camp and nightmarish dreams. Wondering what the night would bring.

It is now Night 0.
    Please send all actions to A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk

Sorry for the delay between main post and this, I cut myself on some glass and had to attempt some first aid on myself during the middle of the night. Sorry about that Droid

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 05-28-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 812  
    Oh, are you kidding me? I can't kill Rot, FoO, and Julius in one go with the napalm power?

Just kidding, just kidding...

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 05-28-09 07:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 812  
    As sad about that as I am I just noticed the fact i'm bleeding a fair bit from my right leg to, because I just realized had a hefty sized piece of glass lodged in it. I probably should have been a bit more careful when pulling it out. Now i'm bleeding from my hand and leg, it's like Vietnam for were I live at the moment

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 05-28-09 07:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 812  
    Srry about that. Thought we were doing a day start.

posted 05-29-09 07:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 812  
    What were you doing Banned - jumping through a window?

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 05-29-09 10:25 AM EDT (US)     7 / 812  
    Simply jumping through windows is for pansies. A true man like ABU would leap through it while playing a gentleman's game of chess and spewing witticisms that are second only two Scud's!

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 05-29-09 02:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 812  
    Erm close...

I went down to get myself a glass of water and when I opened the cupboard door to get a glass, one immediately fell out of it and smashed all across the work surface. I was mostly unharmed expect for one sharp piece of glass which flew across and cut part of one of my fingers and part of my hand. So after cleaning all the glass up and applying a bandage I went to bed, but as I was getting in I realized there was a piece of glass lodged in my leg just beneath the knee. Now me being me, I just pulled the glass straight out, cue some more bleeding and bandage applying.

posted 05-29-09 05:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 812  
    Sucks for you.

*is tempted to call down napalm*

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 05-29-09 06:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 812  
    No calling in a napalm strike on yourself. I don't want anybody commiting suicide in a blaze of explosions!
    Query: Can we therefore target the people directly above or below us in the player list? That would have the same effect (killing us personally) but does not appear to conflict with your rule.
    Surely nobody will go crazy enough to use it? But the threat of it will always hang over everybody…
    Did you lift that from Cold War Mafia?

posted 05-29-09 07:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 812  
    Actually, Banned there is someone crazy enough to use it. Hint: He made post number 11 here.

Never underestimate me.

|
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 05-29-09 08:00 PM EDT (US)     12 / 812  
    16. Nacht Jaeger
    17. Julius
    18. Droideka
    I think I'm safe, no one would nuke Julius right?

posted 05-29-09 08:01 PM EDT (US)     13 / 812  
    5. Heinz
    I'd change that before Henrz sees it
    posted 05-29-09 08:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 812  
    On the contrary, I think everybody would nuke Julius if it didn't happen to kill you and Nacht. Nuking Julius would just be entertaining.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 05-29-09 08:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 812  
    Very much so.

@Noodle: We change names around in mafias jokingly, look at EEH mafia for an example.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 05-29-09 08:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 812  
    Oh my mistake then
    posted 05-30-09 04:07 AM EDT (US)     17 / 812  
    What happens when someone calls a napalm strike on Arvy? Does that kill the two people directly below him or just me ?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 05-30-09 04:36 AM EDT (US)     18 / 812  
    Nuking Julius would just be entertaining.
    More than entertaining - fulfilling.
    What happens when someone calls a napalm strike on Arvy? Does that kill the two people directly below him or just me ?
    Frankly, the idiot who calls a napalm strike on me will get his ass lynched for being a retard faster than you can say "Julius kicked my ass."

|
    posted 05-30-09 04:36 AM EDT (US)     19 / 812  
    Also, STRONGLY considering starting the day with a napalm strike against Julius.

|
    posted 05-30-09 05:44 AM EDT (US)     20 / 812  
    More than entertaining - fulfilling.
    Really? I thought you were only interested in lynching me? But hey, take the coward's option if you want.

posted 05-30-09 10:42 AM EDT (US)     21 / 812  
    Only me and ABU possess the skill to lynch Julius.

EE forever
    posted 05-30-09 11:41 AM EDT (US)     22 / 812  
    Whatever, Ash. It took you three attempts and you only succeeded when your faction accounted for half the players.

Also, Sails got me lynched in HL2 Mafia. Although he was an all-knowing untouchable Survivor.

posted 05-30-09 12:44 PM EDT (US)     23 / 812  
    I was also allowed to say next to nothing.

posted 05-30-09 01:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 812  
    Yeah well nobody bothered helping me to lynch Julius in Memento, and it did take me 11 pages of debating against him in which I never gave up.

*Basks in victory*

posted 05-30-09 01:15 PM EDT (US)     25 / 812  
    Still waiting on a couple of actions by the way.

posted 05-30-09 02:21 PM EDT (US)     26 / 812  
    Really? I thought you were only interested in lynching me? But hey, take the coward's option if you want.
    Oh, now you're in for it. 1 serving of lynch, coming up!

|
    posted 05-30-09 02:23 PM EDT (US)     27 / 812  
    A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk
    You sure its not supposed to say, A_Banned_User@hotmail.com.uk?

Maybe that's why people haven't gotten their actions in?

posted 05-30-09 03:02 PM EDT (US)     28 / 812  
    No...

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 05-30-09 03:07 PM EDT (US)     29 / 812  
    No...
    Ok then UK e-mails are weird...

posted 05-30-09 11:57 PM EDT (US)     30 / 812  
    I always assumed co stood for country.

|
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Vietnam Mafia Game Thread.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames