You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Empire Total War Demo coming soon.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 01-29-09 11:04 AM EDT (US)   
I couldn't post this in the news section, (i'm not an admin ), i thought it'd I should put it here for now, a mod can move it.

Found this link over on the twcenter.net Empire TW forums, it's a link to the Sega ETW demo page: ETW demo
Replies:
posted 02-17-09 05:13 AM EDT (US)     101 / 165  
I've lost the intrest in waiting for it. If it comes good. If not or it's late, oh well.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 02-17-09 05:46 AM EDT (US)     102 / 165  
if you go on TW wiki it says the Mughals will be a playable faction??
Wiki or CA? Who to believe?

rob_redcoat
Don't evade the swear filter again. We also have a zero tolerance policy on abusive behaviour towards game developers because they read these forums and if all they get is abuse, they will ignore your (and our) posts. Do it again and you'll be hearing more than just a gentle warning from the mods.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 02-17-09 06:47 AM EDT (US)     103 / 165  
Look at this http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Empire:_Total_War

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post just the URL
posted 02-17-09 06:55 AM EDT (US)     104 / 165  
Trouble is that the page contradicts itself. It says ten playable factions and then lists twelve. The CA page has only ten.

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

posted 02-17-09 03:30 PM EDT (US)     105 / 165  
Do we think that when the demo eventually comes out that CA will make an announcement. Or will those of us who signed up to be emailed get an email and you can begin downloading? OR will there be an announcement a la "ETW demo to be released at 4 pm EST" In other words, what will the next piece of news that we here be?
posted 02-17-09 06:22 PM EDT (US)     106 / 165  
In the past, it's been a simple announcement that the demo is ready for downloading but maybe we'll get something a little fancier seeing as this is a very special event.

-Love Gaius

posted 02-17-09 06:37 PM EDT (US)     107 / 165  
I just received an email from ETW that is advertising the release and is pushing for pre order. This was a terrible tease. Did anyone else get this email?
posted 02-17-09 06:46 PM EDT (US)     108 / 165  
If they release it for my week off (23-28) that would be awesome. If CA would just set a release date for the Demo instad of making us guess every day, I would be happy to wait. Just have to some soothing music to stay calm.

It is not enough that I succeed, but my enemies must fail.

I came, I saw, and was crushed.

Mongols? Time for a strategic retreat to the Atlantic.
posted 02-18-09 01:02 PM EDT (US)     109 / 165  
I take it back New Jersey Devil. The Mughals might not be in the game but the Maratha Empire are and that's just as good!

-Love Gaius

posted 02-18-09 02:01 PM EDT (US)     110 / 165  
Well, Jack Lusted just posted on the main Total War forum in response to a call to boycott pre-ordering until a demo is released. He said again that it would be "very soon" but that they would announce a date when they had one. Shame.

EDIT: Bugger. I had the wrong CA employee breaking the news.

"...angry men must also be strong, if they would achieve their purpose."
-Livy

[This message has been edited by Ibuprofen Redux (edited 02-18-2009 @ 02:04 PM).]

posted 02-18-09 02:09 PM EDT (US)     111 / 165  
Is it just me or have CA been saying the words 'very soon' for the past month now? If it isn't out by March 1st I won't bother playing it so I can have it fresh and suprising on the 4th

Baggies great escape!

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Bender, be careful! That's the ship's diamond filament tether. It's unbreakable.
Bender: Then why do I have to be careful?
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: It belonged to my Grandmother.
posted 02-18-09 05:35 PM EDT (US)     112 / 165  
Is it just me or have CA been saying the words 'very soon' for the past month now? If it isn't out by March 1st I won't bother playing it so I can have it fresh and suprising on the 4th
Aye, that is the thing to do here. End of next week is pushing it too, I still have bets on this friday.
posted 02-18-09 05:56 PM EDT (US)     113 / 165  
I was really hoping it would come out today, but seeing how there is going to be a new unit (supposedly) and another faction. I am really beginning to lose any hope of it coming out soon.
posted 02-18-09 06:36 PM EDT (US)     114 / 165  
Just be patient. I have been awaiting ETW since its announcement, with all the delays my patience has kept me somewhat sane.
posted 02-19-09 00:48 AM EDT (US)     115 / 165  
Just tell us when it is coming out!!! I don't care if it isn't until July, just let us know!
posted 02-19-09 01:41 AM EDT (US)     116 / 165  
I didn't realise that getting a demo would be that important. You don't really need to know that much. If you took it a little less seriously the stress would just float away. ^_^

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
posted 02-19-09 02:00 AM EDT (US)     117 / 165  
Sounds like hippie talk Taylor...

Baggies great escape!

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Bender, be careful! That's the ship's diamond filament tether. It's unbreakable.
posted 02-19-09 03:00 AM EDT (US)     118 / 165  
I'm much to violent to be a hippy

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
posted 02-19-09 08:47 AM EDT (US)     119 / 165  
Sega really ought not to send any emails until the demo is out - I saw one talking about something exclusive, which turned out to be some stupid rubbish.

There's still one faction preview to come (11 seems an odd number), even if they had finished coding the game it could be seen as odd to get so close to putting up all the preview information but not finish before releasing the demo.

Sorry if I prompted rudeness last time I posted
posted 02-19-09 09:54 AM EDT (US)     120 / 165  
If tomorrow the demo is not released, than its a no-go for me to play it anytime soon. Might as well just wait for the full version.
posted 02-19-09 08:00 PM EDT (US)     121 / 165  
Well, you'll be very pleased by this, then...
Hi guys,

I am pleased to report that our official Empire: Total War demo will be available via Steam from 4pm GMT on Friday 20th February.

Giving you a taste of the epic engagements that you'll be experiencing from 3rd March, the demo will take you through the basics of land and naval command and then unleash you in two historical battles!

You will get to play as the mighty British Empire as they do battle against the Americans in the 'Battle of Brandywine Creek' and then take on the French Navy in the 'Battle of Lagos'...

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 02-19-2009 @ 08:01 PM).]

posted 02-19-09 08:03 PM EDT (US)     122 / 165  
Excellent! They've made us wait long enough...

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
posted 02-19-09 08:40 PM EDT (US)     123 / 165  
Wait what if I don't have steam on my computer?!
posted 02-19-09 08:42 PM EDT (US)     124 / 165  
GET IT NOW.
posted 02-19-09 08:44 PM EDT (US)     125 / 165  
Well I do have an account for steam I just took it off all my computers. But I am saying what if the people who don't have steam want the demo?

Edit: Ok...forgot my original Steam account password so I just made a new one

[This message has been edited by New Jersey Devil (edited 02-19-2009 @ 08:49 PM).]

posted 02-19-09 09:12 PM EDT (US)     126 / 165  
But I am saying what if the people who don't have steam want the demo?
They are going to need it for the full game so they may as well get it now!

Timing of the release is awkward. I'm at my parents all weekend.

First person to play the demo and post a screenie gets in the news. One land battle pic and one naval battle pic please!

-Love Gaius

posted 02-19-09 09:13 PM EDT (US)     127 / 165  
maxed out graphics & full res'd screenshots on the way.
posted 02-19-09 10:12 PM EDT (US)     128 / 165  
This situation is pretty ridiculous.
posted 02-19-09 11:55 PM EDT (US)     129 / 165  
Dang.. It's coming out on the 20th... Oh well, I was only two days off. :P

O, Thou hast damnable iteration: and art, indeed, able to corrupt a saint. ~William Shakespear, Henry IV, part:I, act i, scene ii
posted 02-20-09 00:10 AM EDT (US)     130 / 165  
You sound awfully confidant that it is coming out on the 20th, what do you know that we do not?
posted 02-20-09 00:36 AM EDT (US)     131 / 165  
I think you're a little out of the loop, jtaugel10. It was announced that the demo would be released on Friday, February 20.

Deutschland erwartet, dass jeder Mann seine Pflicht tun wird.
Россия ожидает, что каждый исполнит свой долг.

[This message has been edited by Woolagaroo (edited 02-20-2009 @ 00:37 AM).]

posted 02-20-09 01:11 AM EDT (US)     132 / 165  
lol, Jt, there wasn't a need to e-mail me. I sent you an e-mail back though. :P

O, Thou hast damnable iteration: and art, indeed, able to corrupt a saint. ~William Shakespear, Henry IV, part:I, act i, scene ii
posted 02-20-09 01:17 AM EDT (US)     133 / 165  
Thanks guys. I guess I just expected the announcement to be a bigger deal, not one that is confined to the forums.
posted 02-20-09 02:55 AM EDT (US)     134 / 165  
They are really spoiling us.
posted 02-20-09 03:51 AM EDT (US)     135 / 165  
I dont know how anyone else got the news but I got it via facebook... wasnt expecting that when I joined its group.

I AM CANADIAN
posted 02-20-09 03:57 AM EDT (US)     136 / 165  
I haven't heard this release date... which is today...

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
posted 02-20-09 06:21 AM EDT (US)     137 / 165  
Hahahaha Bring on 4pm!

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 02-20-09 06:48 AM EDT (US)     138 / 165  
yayayayayyayyy ATlasttttt

still dam! I have to wait for tommorrow GMT10 eastern AUstralia and tomorrow morning I did got stupid saturday sport Argggg. If my internet go bad tomorrow? - -

not again...
posted 02-20-09 08:51 AM EDT (US)     139 / 165  
finally, now with the demo i can pretty much tell how well my computer will handle the full game.

btw, does this mean the demo will be available at 11:00 A.M. US Eastern time.

[This message has been edited by Krado (edited 02-20-2009 @ 09:01 AM).]

posted 02-20-09 08:56 AM EDT (US)     140 / 165  
Don't forget the download speeds people. They could be quite slow.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
posted 02-20-09 09:49 AM EDT (US)     141 / 165  
Don't forget the download speeds people. They could be quite slow.
I DOUBT that 100%. Steam has some of the fastest servers in the world in abundance. Basically every major city in the US has steam servers.. (ie: Seattle, LA, Tampa, NYC, Dallas, Chi-Town, Tampa etc etc)

The download speeds won't be a problem, I can assure you
posted 02-20-09 10:21 AM EDT (US)     142 / 165  
40 minutes people!

Baggies great escape!

posted 02-20-09 10:30 AM EDT (US)     143 / 165  
Good. That makes me very happy. I want to be playing this as soon as I can.

Half an hour.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
posted 02-20-09 10:41 AM EDT (US)     144 / 165  
20 minutes and I've only just heard about it.

Edit:
The download speeds won't be a problem, I can assure you
That's just asking for it to all go horribly wrong.

This is not a signature.

[This message has been edited by zlack (edited 02-20-2009 @ 10:56 AM).]

posted 02-20-09 10:56 AM EDT (US)     145 / 165  
It's up early!! I'm DLing now.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
posted 02-20-09 10:58 AM EDT (US)     146 / 165  
Steam keeps refreshing... I want it...

I click on install demo on steam and it just refreshes the page. How is everyone else doing?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)

[This message has been edited by Ischenous (edited 02-20-2009 @ 11:02 AM).]

posted 02-20-09 10:58 AM EDT (US)     147 / 165  
Cheers smileyman!

Can't get on the site for **** sake

Baggies great escape!

[This message has been edited by Hunterufus (edited 02-20-2009 @ 11:04 AM).]

posted 02-20-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     148 / 165  
Steam is only refreshing, it isn't DLing yet. Kinda weird....
posted 02-20-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     149 / 165  
ya know i didnt get any emails about it yet

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
posted 02-20-09 11:07 AM EDT (US)     150 / 165  
Oh right we go on the steam website! Downloading now!

Baggies great escape!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: