You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modpack Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: SI's Modding Patch Generator Program.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 03-06-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)   
Thanks to Sarthos for the idea!!!

Download link-->http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3495

This program is to work in conjuction with the Genied program by Ykkrosh.
***PATCHES GENERATOR 1.0(beta)***

This program will generate the neccesary patches files for adding units, graphics, sounds, in mere seconds. The beta release will be able to:
*** add generic troopers.
*** add generic mechs.
*** add generic aircraft.
*** add generic buildings.
*** add generic boats
*** add generic objects
*** add generic Jedi (without the ability to pick up holocrons, but can convert.)
*** add graphic pointers.
*** add sound pointers.
*** added the ability for alternate attacking(when unit is commanded to attack) graphic for generic units.

NOTE: The generic units generated would then be modified using Scenario TCs upgraded version of Ykkrosh's Genied 2 program.
NOTE: You need to either select an existing .slp, or use the original DRS utility by Ykkrosh to add a new .slp to the .drs file, when adding graphic or sound pointers.

The full release will include:
*** Everything in the beta release plus...
*** A complete custom build of a unit, or building.
*** add new research items.
*** add new techage items.
*** change player colors (inspired by MasterJoab!)

Though I did a little testing, I need a few playtesters, to ensure there are no bugs in this program. You will need to test every option, evaluate it's usefullness, and ideas for improvement. If you are willing please leave your name, and Email address, and I will Email you the Beta. If the Beta is successfull, I will upload it to SWGBH utilities section.

Thanks in Advance.
Thanks to MasterJoab, Darthjacob1153,
and Omri Kahn for testing!!!

Instructions:
1. unzip to your genied\text folder where your patches file is
2. Plan you unit, select graphics prior to running program.
3. Execute patchgen, select 1) generic unit.
4. select generic trooper.
5. Enter in info.
6. Exit program.
7. Use mod editor to create mod replacing the genie_x1.dat file.
8. Use mod installer.
9. Your new trooper unit should be in scenario editor, under gaia name of "trooper"
10. Use Genied 2 to further edit this unit.
11. WARNING: If you want to use an existing patches file, ERASE ALL COUNTERS IN THE PATCHES FILE YOU WANT TO INCLUDE, then copy the contents to the end of the supplied patches file. The supplied patches file comes with the counters at the top of the patches file, Patchgen will modify these counters as you add units, graphics, sounds, etc. Do not mess with these counters. After copying over your old patches information use option 7 in Patchgen to configure your counters. (EXAMPLE: Your existing patches added units up to unit 1600, the counter should read 1601.)

SI's Mod Patch Generator Civ*unit Guide How to add new graphics Exploring the civ header Units.txt guide How to add a new unit

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge!" Darth Maul.
"All to easy!" Darth Vader.
"Wipe them out, all of them!" Darth Sidious.

[This message has been edited by Sidious Invader2 (edited 03-09-2006 @ 08:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-06-06 02:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 107  
man, i wish i could playetst this, but i got to much else i need to do. Looks absolutely awsomely essential tho.

/\
/
__\
/____\
/
._\../._\
/___\/___\

Power Wisdom Courage
posted 03-06-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 107  
I'll test it. Email's in my sig

JOAB ()
posted 03-06-06 03:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 107  
Um... so this does all the work for you?
posted 03-06-06 03:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 107  
Exactly, If you run the program, and select add new generic trooper, it will create all the neccesary patches. It will then place them in your patches file, you would then run genied, and create a new genie. Create the mod, install it.
Generating the patches only take about 10 seconds.

SI's Mod Patch Generator Civ*unit Guide How to add new graphics Exploring the civ header Units.txt guide How to add a new unit

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge!" Darth Maul.

posted 03-06-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 107  
So even an idiot can do it?

Okay I'll give it a try.

papayasorbet@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Omri Khan (edited 03-06-2006 @ 03:59 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 04:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 107  
Emailing it now...

posted 03-06-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 107  
Okay, it looks fairly user friendly. Is there anything else I have to know? Any extra instructions?
posted 03-06-06 04:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 107  
Omri, put this in your genied\text folder, but make sure you backup your old patches file, otherwise it will overwrite it. Try adding a trooper first, select the graphics before you run the program. Then after you install the mod, Your ne unit should be in the scen editor, look for trooper, or open up genied 2 to further edit this unit.

posted 03-06-06 04:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 107  
Holy crap! If it's that easy I'd LOVE it...

still looking for a playtester?

OOOO -DarthJacob1153- OOOO
Jorrel Fraajic (My Wookieepedia Profile)
(ŻŻŻŻŻŻ{{============= Custom Saber Shop =============}}ŻŻŻŻŻŻ)
posted 03-06-06 04:48 PM EDT (US)     10 / 107  
what do you mean by select the graphics? the slp for them or what?

Should I read your how to add new graphics thing again?

[This message has been edited by Omri Khan (edited 03-06-2006 @ 04:51 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 04:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 107  
Darthjacob, just need your email!

Omri, for now look up the graphics for Luke
default 6234
dying 6236
walking 6237
attacking 6235
decaying(Lukes deadunit, graphic default) 6238

use these numbers.

[This message has been edited by Sidious Invader2 (edited 03-06-2006 @ 04:55 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 04:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 107  
Awsome, i will definately use this when its released.
posted 03-06-06 04:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 107  
A think to help add terrains would also be helpful
posted 03-06-06 04:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 107  
jfrantik53@yahoo.com

I forgot.

OOOO -DarthJacob1153- OOOO
Jorrel Fraajic (My Wookieepedia Profile)
(ŻŻŻŻŻŻ{{============= Custom Saber Shop =============}}ŻŻŻŻŻŻ)
posted 03-06-06 04:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 107  
TPG, I did notice that you wanted somebody to compile your mods so they did not replace anything, this will make it easy for you.

BTW When I'm finished with this I'm going to continue with my mod, and I wanted permission to use your mods. My mod will include a compilation of all the good mods available on this site, and some others.

Darth Jacob, sending it now, any questions or help post here!! Thanks

[This message has been edited by Sidious Invader2 (edited 03-06-2006 @ 04:58 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 05:00 PM EDT (US)     16 / 107  
Sorry for being a pain still but what did you mean by select your graphics?

Would I just follow the steps as outlined in the how to add new graphics thing?

posted 03-06-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 107  
Omri look at post 11 above use those numbers for the graphics. You may have to delete everything below the counters in the patches file, and start over.

I need to figure out the add terrain thing, but thats a good idea.

I appreciate you testing this, your not being a pain!!!

Omri do you have messenger, or MSN?

Omri...just a quick lesson in genie editing...
this is from the civ0units.txt file
civ_0_unit_2_language: 5853 <<This is what patchgen is asking for
5853 points to this in the graphics_units.txt file...
graphic_5853_name1: UNIT-HARTR-A
graphic_5853_name2: None
graphic_5853_slp: -1
graphic_5853_unknown01: ff ff 00 01 12 ff ff 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
graphic_5853_delta_count: 1
graphic_5853_sound: 129
graphic_5853_extras: 0
graphic_5853_numframes: 5
graphic_5853_angles: 8
graphic_5853_unknown02: 0 0.05 0
graphic_5853_unknown03: 3
graphic_5853_id: 5853
graphic_5853_type: 6
graphic_5853_delta_000: 5854 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 <<points to graphic 5854
graphic_5854_name1: UNIT-HARTR-A-T
graphic_5854_name2: RHARTILA
graphic_5854_slp: 2794 << this is the .slp in the .drs
graphic_5854_unknown01: 00 00 00 01 12 ff ff 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
graphic_5854_delta_count: 0
graphic_5854_sound: -1
graphic_5854_extras: 0
graphic_5854_numframes: 1
graphic_5854_angles: 8
graphic_5854_unknown02: 0 0.05 0
graphic_5854_unknown03: 3
graphic_5854_id: 5854
graphic_5854_type: 6

[This message has been edited by Sidious Invader2 (edited 03-06-2006 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 05:11 PM EDT (US)     18 / 107  
I do have MSN but it doesn't behave and I can never get it to work. But my MSN address is oldskulejosh@hotmail.com if I can get it to work.

If all else fails I'm on AOL so if you send me an email I'll get it straight away. Dunno how conveniant that is for you?

I nbeed to add the slp's to the DRS don't I?

EDIT: I think I get it. Do I use those numbers for my graphics then? It's a non-attacking unit I was going to try so I just leave the attacking graphics out, and then change the graphics to what I intend?

[This message has been edited by Omri Khan (edited 03-06-2006 @ 05:22 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 05:19 PM EDT (US)     19 / 107  
At this point you can add a .slp to the .drs, or use an existing .slp. For now look at post 11 use those numbers for your graphics, then run genied and create a new genie, then install it.

Don't give up you'll find that adding new units to the game is easier than you thought.

Have you been able to add new .slps to the .drs yet?

I put you in my MSN messenger, so sign on...

posted 03-06-06 05:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 107  
Oh dear, my MSN may have died on me... I'll see if I can make it better... It's just going really slow (as usual) luckily it's not crashed yet.

Sorry, it's refusing to work

[This message has been edited by Omri Khan (edited 03-06-2006 @ 05:32 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 09:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 107  
I found out more player colors.

JOAB ()
posted 03-06-06 10:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 107  
Stop stealing my Sarthos's ideas!

To be honest with you, I told him he should make a genied calculator thingy-ma-jigger that did those same things. He was too lazy, so you just have to do it.

This will definately be awesome. Good job (once again) SI!

EDIT: Ooh, still looking for playtesters? With the way the DRS thing is working, it won't let me add units with new graphics, and this is uberly awesome anyway, so...

Sierra Wolf

[This message has been edited by Rossk (edited 03-06-2006 @ 10:30 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 11:47 PM EDT (US)     23 / 107  
LOL...someone has been busy...nice. Does it give me the patch codes to make new tech lvls and research? I got buildings pretty much down. If so, can you email me wcwsmiley1@aol.com. Thanks, okay so maybe there is a couple people I missed on my initial Order 66...my bad
posted 03-06-06 11:54 PM EDT (US)     24 / 107  
Yea, so why not change your main post.

|M|o|d|e|l|i|n|g|

My anti-life

posted 03-07-06 12:17 PM EDT (US)     25 / 107  
obi_jay, that will be included in the newest release.

Added to topic post: The ability to select an alternate attacking graphic, used when a unit is commanded to attack another unit. When the unit attacks on his own, when another unit comes within his line of sight, it will use the default attack.

And generic Jedi, without the ability to pickup holocrons, but still have the ability to convert. I forsee new unique units, like Senators who can convert.

[This message has been edited by Sidious Invader2 (edited 03-07-2006 @ 12:21 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » SI's Modding Patch Generator Program.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames