You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Calling all Veteran SWU RP'ers!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 07-30-05 01:31 AM EDT (US)   
The CRUSADE FOR COMMAS, an elite force of skilled RP'ers, needs you! We're looking for RP'ers of all levels, with experience in three RPGs or more, to join our noble quest for better writing and more high-quality RPGs!

Don't let the name fool you; we're proponents of all sorts of grammatical and rhetorical strategies. If you can write, we want you! We're looking for RP'ers with proficiency in any of the following areas:

•Plot/character development
•Storylines
•Exemplary skills in spelling or grammar
•Organizational skills
•Ability to write interesting battles
•Innovative ideas
•Anything else that makes you unique or especially good at writing and RP'ing

To join, simply submit the following application to this thread:

Name:
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in):
Why you want to join the elite:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Upon your acceptance, you will be allowed to place in your sig "CRUSADER FOR COMMAS" to prove to all others that you have been qualified amongst the elite!

Please note, any RP'er who is accepted but fails to display the skills required of a Crusader, he/she will be stripped of his/her title.

Don't delay! Join the CRUSADE FOR COMMAS now!

Current Crusaders:

Melkor1 - Crusade Leader (Grand Poobah)
Darth Margera
DarkBeing
KrytosTrap
KnghtWhoSaysNi
Farlander
Alexus
Merai
Victor von Doom
Austin Powers
Darth Persia
Unholy Sacrifice
DSF
Moff Yittreas
SupremeAirPower
Welsh/Theo
Admiral Zaarin
Crazed Ewok
Zara
Solomon
ShadoAngel/Azzie
Sith and Jedi
Admiral Sith
kypjargon
Darth Kiev

One sig to rule them all, One sig to find them,
One sig to bring them all, And in the darkness bind them.
l Awards and Recognition l
Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 09-26-2005 @ 02:39 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-30-05 01:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 64  
Name: Darth Margera ( Dalia Lamma )
Credentials : SW VII, Star Wars Neighborhood, Episode 1: TPM, The New Conglomerate, Others ( Can't remember )
Why you want to join the elite: Because too many people don't put enough substance into their Posts
Strengths: When I'm interested, I'm usually pretty good
Weaknesses: I often start writing long, intricate posts, then dump them half way through thinking no one's gonna read them. (Or I just don't wanna type any more)

I'm pretty " Proficient " with Storylines

Blast from the Past!
posted 07-30-05 02:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 64  
Do you wish to set a standard for 'veteran'? A year's experience? 3+ RPG's participated in? Just being totally ownage?

But I'll officially apply for this little group of yours, just because the name makes me laugh!

Name: DarkBeing
Credentials: The New Republic Thread, NR Thread continued and its split offs (moderated), The Imperial Thread (moderated), Episode VIII: A Darkening Galaxy (player), The Star Wars Neighborhood Reborn (player) SWN Version 6.0 (player), The Sith War III RPG (player), Advent of Darkness (moderated), The Old Republic Thread (player).
Why you want to join the elite: Just so that you won't be the only member.
Strengths: Organizing thread storyline, Moderating disputes, general writing skills as noted above
Weaknesses: The Semicolon

posted 07-30-05 02:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 64  
While I may not be as proficient as DB here, I have done pretty well for myself I suppose.

Name: KrytosTrap
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): The New Republic Thread continued + others (player), The Imperial Thread (player), Advent of Darkness (player)
Why you want to join the elite: I believe that people should understand that RPG's should be about quality not quantity. Many RPG's reach their length because of arguments not because of fine posts. Players should put more effort into their post, not just a simple 2 line sentence. Whatever helps the community ya know.
Strengths: Character construction
Weaknesses: Who wants to admit weaknesses? But I might fudge grammar just slightly.

Krytos Trap
Advent of Darkness Thread
||Deranged Sta r Wars Fan||
|||Oro?!?|||
||Engaging Daily In Stupdendous Feats of Brilliance||

posted 07-30-05 02:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 64  

Quote:

Do you wish to set a standard for 'veteran'? A year's experience? 3+ RPG's participated in? Just being totally ownage?

Hmm...shall we say, three RPG's?

Darth Margera & DarkBeing: You have been chosen. Welcome to the Crusaders.

And, of course, Krytos.

Ad Pleniorem Scientiam l "How very civilized!" - Newt_Gunray l Official MEC Good Liberal

"Melkor just won the forum." - Xicon l "Melkor's intellect never ceases to amaze me!" - Cheapy the Hutt l "Melkor1, a true legend." - Imperial_Persia
"Melkor1 may just be the smartest person I have ever associated with over an internet forum." - Empire of Darkness

[This message has been edited by Melkor1 (edited 07-30-2005 @ 02:10 AM).]

posted 07-30-05 02:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 64  
Oh, what the hey; I'm in, Melky.

Name: KnghtWhoSaysNi
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): AoD (briefly), Transit Sic Gloria, OR, and I may have been in another one that I'm forgetting...?
Why you want to join the elite: There's too many poor RPG's sprining up these days. We need to return the RPG to the glory it knew in AoD, NR, etc.
Strengths: I guess I'm pretty good with general writing.
Weaknesses: My battles suck.

BEWARE THE THREE SACRED WORDS!
NI! PENG! NEE-WOM!
Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale!
posted 07-30-05 02:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 64  
Well, I have never before taken part in an RP...I always arrive when they're around twenty pages long, and I prefer to avoid reading through all that. Perhaps once I have more experience, I shall return here...Hehe, oh but I certainly can write. That's one of five things down, eh?

One bright day, in the middle of the night, two dead boys stood up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other. Drew their swords, and shot each other. The deaf policeman heard the sound, and put those boys back in the ground. If you don't believe this lie is true, ask Harry the blind man, he saw it, too.
http://www.freewebs.com/starhalo/index.htm
posted 07-30-05 02:28 AM EDT (US)     7 / 64  
Name: Farlander
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): Return of the Jedi (Hey, I've made THREE posts there! ), Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Episode IV: A New Hope, Knights of the Old Republic, Mandalorian Wars (though I did participate in a lot more RPGs, I've only participated in these ones from SWU)
Why you want to join the elite: If apart from the fact that I like the word "elite" , SWU always needs great-quality RPGs
Strengths: Good moderating skills, writing.
Weaknesses: Sometimes I write posts too short.
posted 07-30-05 02:31 AM EDT (US)     8 / 64  
Welcome, KnghtWhoSaysNi and Farlander

Spartan

We'll heartily welcome you once you've gotten some experience.

posted 07-30-05 03:49 AM EDT (US)     9 / 64  
Name: Alexus
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): TPM, SWVII, ROTS, MW, FE
Why you want to join the elite: Recognition
Strengths: Action scenes, big character developments
Weaknesses: subtle character developments

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 07-30-05 04:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 64  
Alexus is in.

Also, everyone, notice the addition to the main post:

Quote:

Please note, any RP'er who is accepted but fails to display the skills required of a Crusader, he/she will be stripped of his/her title.

Cannot stress this enough; if you let us down, you will not be associated with us anymore.

posted 07-30-05 04:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 64  
Yes! Thank you!

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS
posted 07-30-05 04:42 AM EDT (US)     12 / 64  
Name: Merai
Credentials: Revenge of the Sith (founded it), Clone Wars, Thrawn Trilogy, Episode IV: A New Hope,
Why you want to join the elite: I want to be reocgnised among RPers.
Strengths: I know most everything about the Clone Wars period, I'm good at writing lightsaber duels, action scenes and evil plans
Weaknesses:I can't write romantic scenes well, my posts are often too short, and I don't know much about the Pre-TPM period

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
posted 07-30-05 08:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 64  
Name: Victor von Doom
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): Adevent of Darkness, The Old Republic and I am currently in SWVII
Why you want to join the elite: To help there be some actually good RPGs, and RPG posts out there.
Strengths: Good at plot twists and can make myself seem unknown, until I want to be.
Weaknesses: Short temper, ever once in awhile

Victor von Doom
Winner of the Boromir Award

[This message has been edited by Victor von Doom (edited 07-30-2005 @ 08:11 AM).]

posted 07-30-05 08:51 AM EDT (US)     14 / 64  
Name: Austin Powers (you can call me Biggles as well)
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): Sic Transit loria, OR Thread, Clone Wars RPG, Galaxy of Chaos, (dieed off quickly) and "Fotie"
Why you want to join the elite: Melkor's leading it, and it seems like fun, and I want to help the SWU Community.
Strengths: Good at creatiing ideas, good at moderating RPG's (see Fotie)
Weaknesses: I tend to make short RP posts, but here, I want to learn to make longer ones!

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
Coolness:
Smartness:
Sexyness:

[This message has been edited by Austin Powers (edited 07-30-2005 @ 08:54 AM).]

posted 07-30-05 08:54 AM EDT (US)     15 / 64  
Name: Darth Persia
Credentials: AOD, OR, Sic Transit Gloria, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, Land of oredon RPG (Designed, and moderates), The Clone Wars RPG, FOTIE, Mandalorian Wars.
Why you want to join the elite: Power. Glory. Chicks dig this, right? Oh, yeah, I want better RPG's also.
Strengths: Organizational skills
Weaknesses: I have difficulty writing well for female characters, and for non-evil emotional characters.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 07-30-2005 @ 09:12 AM).]

posted 07-30-05 12:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 64  
I hope current RPG's count in the credentials

Name: Unholy Sacrifice
Credentials: FotIE, KotoR RPG and Mandalorian Wars
Why you want to join the elite: To send SWU into a new age of RPG's
Strengths: Inventive storylines and characters
Weaknesses: New and posts fairly short sometimes, others unknown

Unholy Sacrifice - A Proud and Unstable Crusader for Commas

God - Did anyone see my son? I sent him out to get the milk
God - Stop using my name in vain Goddamnit
God - Now where did I leave humanity? There they are, now let's see what's happened. HOLY HELL!

Satan - Could someone open a window? It sure is hot down here

posted 07-30-05 04:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 64  
Wow ummm if you want to know all the RPG's I have done I will need a book

Name: DSF (DarkSideFire)
Credentials: AOD, OR, FOTIE, Prophezied Ones, Desolation of Nuram, A New Threat a New Sith, Twisted Magic, The Land of Kigam, The Talismans of Anara, Cold Steel, Fallen Empire, And Countless others I can't remeber off the top of my head
Why you want to join the elite: Cause i KNOW you all suck and I know I could help you out a lot . Acctually I wouldn't mind having Better RPG's and that is the honest truth
Strengths: Well I like to thing I am good at developing characters, plus I like to write posts that are long and have some humor mixed in
Weaknesses: Oh where do I start! Umm... well I suck with commas, I use them WAY to much. Spelling isn't the best and I can be repetitive when I write. I know there must be others but I can't think of them off the top of my head

They were everywhere, they poured over anything in their way. Like a flood they washed over us all, swept over us as if we were nothing," the old lady whispered, her eyes growing wide as she remembered the horror of the past, "Planets fell, the Jedi crumbled, but we still defeated them and drove them back. But it was not enough, they have returned, they have come once again. The Bando Gora live.

[This message has been edited by DarkSideFire (edited 07-30-2005 @ 04:30 PM).]

posted 07-30-05 04:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 64  
Name: Moff Yittreas
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): SWN 1-Rescusitated, Space Cruise, USS Tetryon RPG, Tyderian Sector 2 (though it pains me to admit), Old Grouch Yoda, Assorted unnamed RPGs created by me (unsuccessful), Star Destroyer Galactica RPG, Battlestar Delphina, Star Trek versus Star Wars RPGs, and of course, Star Wars: Episode VII (two versions, current one is better)
Why you want to join the elite: You need RPers, right? Face it... I have nearly three years experience and people are telling me to quit RPGs and write novels instead.
Strengths: Battles (space, air, aquatic, melee, and ground), Romance, Humor to an extent, Dramatics, Theatrics, Engineering (for ships and devices, etc.), Logistics, Tactics, spelling, grammar, character development, conflicts, imaginative, decent admin (according to forummers), good at creating chains of command, complete listings of Rebel and Imperial insignia and medals.
Weaknesses: Short temper, no tolerance AT ALL for godmodding, the occasional typo that drives me nuts

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 07-30-05 04:41 PM EDT (US)     19 / 64  
Moff, you forgot to list your talent for writing border-line erotica.
posted 07-30-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     20 / 64  
He code-named it "Romance."

Now I will destroy the whole world...
posted 07-30-05 05:11 PM EDT (US)     21 / 64  
Pfft, border-line? That's just for propriety's sake.

Purveyor of the Poi | Deliverer of Desu | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
Hi, I'm Kongou! Are you my admiral?
posted 07-30-05 06:17 PM EDT (US)     22 / 64  
Question: Do all my Credentials have to be SWU RPG's, cause ive done many others outside SWU?

Name: Supereme Air Power (SAP)

Credentials : Fallen Empire, Wizards of the Coast SW RPG (D20) multiple times, Future Quest many times, oh and ive done D20 RPG test. (if that counts)

Why you want to join the elite: it would be nice to have the majority of the RPG's be over 1000 posts, I would also like to improve my own RPGing, and help set a higher standard for RPGing here at SWU.

Strengths: I think can make interesting battles that not only challenge the characters finesse but thier mind and emotions also, humor, quick last minute ideas that save my character's butt, creative out of the box ideas , name creating (if that even matters), and character making, and helping out the Game Master with his story line and plans.

Weaknesses: My post's arent that long, and I dont capatalize that much, and I overuse ( )'s

However let me tell you, i am not as familiar with writing RPG's as other RPG's (the dice kind), but i have still been RPGing for over 3 years now and i am still determined. But i think it is good to have a variety of different types of RPGers in your collection of the elite.

hoping to serve under you as a Crusader For Commas

~SAP

Word spread like darkness, tiny rumor after rumor trickling its way through the ears and mouths of all wise enough to hear it.Through this day its very existence remains mythed,its origin unclear, remembered only by few. Silence kept it hidden, legend kept it alive, darkness kept it feared. The true might of the skies; the Supreme Air Power....

[This message has been edited by SuperemeAirPower (edited 07-30-2005 @ 07:41 PM).]

posted 07-30-05 08:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 64  
Ah! Many new people; and all very skilled, I might add.

Member list updated.

posted 07-30-05 11:21 PM EDT (US)     24 / 64  
I am honored to join your crusade Melkor. Many thanks.

Word spread like darkness, tiny rumor after rumor trickling its way through the ears and mouths of all wise enough to hear it.Through this day its very existence remains mythed,its origin unclear, remembered only by few. Silence kept it hidden, legend kept it alive, darkness kept it feared. The true might of the skies; the Supreme Air Power....
posted 07-31-05 00:38 AM EDT (US)     25 / 64  
Name: Han Katarn 425
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): Star Wars Neighborhood, Advent of Darkness, and I'm a member of Blackhole RPG's.
Why you want to join the elite: I love telling stories, especially when I get to make them up with other people. Not to mention, reading other people's work allows you to learn better writing at the same time, strangely enough.
Strengths: I love using stories I already know to spawn continuations and preluds of them (even though they might not be *exactly* realistic :P). I'm also good at describing fights/battles.
Weaknesses: My only weakness is probably figuring a good place to stop my post :P

₪══════Freelance Forever!══════₪
▓┼┼┼H@ń Kătă®n 4˛5┼┼┼▓
▓┼┼Father of Đark Forces ┼┼▓
₪════════════════════════════════₪
The ability to destroy a planet is insignifigant next to the taste of a kiwi.

[This message has been edited by Han Katarn 425 (edited 07-31-2005 @ 00:41 AM).]

posted 07-31-05 00:54 AM EDT (US)     26 / 64  
I don't recall you being in AOD, Katarn. Maybe you're mistaking it with something else?

Krytos Trap
Advent of Darkness Thread
||Deranged Sta r Wars Fan||
|||Oro?!?|||
||Engaging Daily In Stupdendous Feats of Brilliance||

posted 07-31-05 01:47 AM EDT (US)     27 / 64  
Hehehe thanks Melkor I am humbled and yet proud to be excepted

Yea I don't remember you being in AOD either Katarn

They were everywhere, they poured over anything in their way. Like a flood they washed over us all, swept over us as if we were nothing," the old lady whispered, her eyes growing wide as she remembered the horror of the past, "Planets fell, the Jedi crumbled, but we still defeated them and drove them back. But it was not enough, they have returned, they have come once again. The Bando Gora live.
posted 07-31-05 02:15 AM EDT (US)     28 / 64  
Sorry, Han; I don't remember you being in it either. Just get another RPG under your belt and I think you're in.

posted 09-02-05 09:02 PM EDT (US)     29 / 64  
Name: Theo
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): NEW REPUBLIC thread, NEW REPUBLIC SPECIAL FORCES thread, Bounty Hunter Wars thread, New Congolomerate. Current member of SWVII.
Why you want to join the elite: I believe it will help me further my skills as an RPer.
Strengths: Good descriptive skills and dialogue creation. Very imaginative, and when I want to perfect spelling and grammar. Never had disgustingly bad skills at writing, even as a newbie. Plot twists.
Weaknesses: Creating storylines, long posts. I find it hard to come up with original plots and to drag them into a story-like proportions.

Theo
Last.fm Twitter

"Shut up Herr." - Arkhane

[This message has been edited by Welsh (edited 09-02-2005 @ 09:44 PM).]

posted 09-02-05 10:16 PM EDT (US)     30 / 64  
Name: Admiral Zaarin
Credentials (RPG's you've taken part in): Galaxies style RPG; Dark Mysteries: The Tales of Brandon Harth (not an RPG, but an example of some of my writing); Jedi Academy RPG and Jedi Academy RPG Resurected; also, there is an example of my writing here and here.
Why you want to join the elite: I enjoy RPGing but I struggle getting into the newer RPGs sometimes.
Strengths: Grammar/spelling, character development, one-on-one character dialogue, interesting duels/chase scenes (sometimes)
Weaknesses: writing battles

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"And now the moon, earth's friend, that cared so much/for us, and cared so little, comes again—/always a stranger!"--Robert Lowell, "The Public Garden"
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Calling all Veteran SWU RP'ers!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames