You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storytellers Mafia VI: The Curious Case of the Pileaus and the Blanquettes
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 12-13-10 01:58 PM CT (US)   

STORYTELLERS MAFIA VI
The Curious Case of the Pileaus and the Blanquettes

I am Professor Philippe Blanquette. Yes, you will unquestionably have heard of me, mes amis. I am world famous in my field! Or, rather, was.

That knife, do you see it there? Yes, that's it. The one sticking out of my back. So ended my mortal fame, my friend. A shame: for I was writing a masterpiece. You can see the manuscript on the desk, spattered with my blood. It... wait, it is not there. Ah, but of course! They took it with them. How foolish of me to forget. But I hope you will forgive me, as I have rather more pressing things on my mind. My recent death, for instance. It rather disrupted my chain of thought.

Where were we? Ah yes, my body. They'll find it soon, no doubt. What was that, monsieur? You wish to know who did this? Why, is it not obvious?! Perhaps we should make a wager: let us watch what happens for the next few days, and see if one of these cretins can figure it out for themselves. You may seem confident of victory, mes copains, but I do not think they have the brains for such a case!

Those Alive

1. Herr Elessar - Senora Pilar Pileau, Town Thief
2. Xenophone - Prince Felix Quiltovsky, Survivor
5. Thymole - Mr Rajesh Divan, Town Doctor
6. Davstar - Miss Aurora Cuscino, Town Roleblocker
7. Peralta Mozzy - Sir Nicholas Bedd-Sheet, Town Noble/Politician
11. Rotaretilbo - Inspector Johann de Slaapzak, Town Cop
14. Gil - Monsieur Pierre Pileau, Town Masonic Converter

Those Not

3. Buffychick - Capitaine Henri DuVet, Town JoaT
13. Mozzarella Man - Ambassador Fu Ton, Town Watcher
10. The Magic Eye - Mr Matt Ress, Mafia One-Shot Investigator
8. Ashrzr - Lady Abigail Bedd-Sheet, Mafia One-Shot Roleblocker
9. Major Helper - Mademoiselle Florette Blanquette, Town Jailer
12. The Ferret - Dr Kristina Eider, Serial Killer
4. A Banned User - Madame Antoinette Pileau-Blanquette, Mafia One-Shot Iron

Deep in the French countryside, a crime has taken place. Join us as we try to unravel the mysterious death of Professor Blanquette, and the eccentric cast of characters en route to the reading of the will.

Credit to Mozzy and/or Bingo for the theme.

RULES

I am always right. And if I'm wrong, I'm still right, just in a different way.
No game talk at night.
Once you're dead, you're dead. Don't give anything away or I'll come round to your house at night and make a mess of your pots and pans.
Do not quote directly from your role emails: paraphrase if you must.
You must make use of your appropriate flavour in your night actions.
Nights will last for 48 hours, and days will last no more than 10 days.
Etcetera, etcetera

Actions and questions should be sent to me at mideonsworld@aol.com

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Newt_Gunray (edited 01-22-2011 @ 03:27 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-13-10 02:02 PM CT (US)     1 / 751  
It is now Night 0

Send your night actions in to me at mideonsworld@aol.com

Night will last for 48 hours

"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
posted 12-13-10 02:12 PM CT (US)     2 / 751  
posted 12-13-10 04:02 PM CT (US)     3 / 751  
Yay indeed.

Many thanks to those of you who have already sent me in your night action, it is much appreciated!

posted 12-13-10 06:55 PM CT (US)     4 / 751  
Brilliant flavor, by the way. This was my first mafia that I ever tried hosting, but I never got enough interested players. Glad that it's been executed so beautifully.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 12-14-10 12:38 PM CT (US)     5 / 751  
Why thank you! Though let's see how playable the game is before starting with the compliments!

About a day left to send in your actions. Thanks to those who have sent them in so far. Day begins either in 24 hours or when I have all the actions, whichever comes first.

posted 12-14-10 04:58 PM CT (US)     6 / 751  
I think this'll be a fun game

Already like my flavor quite a bit
posted 12-15-10 00:15 AM CT (US)     7 / 751  
This seems o be based on an Agatha Christie novel I once read. Poirot series.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 12-15-10 00:21 AM CT (US)     8 / 751  
Brilliant flavor, by the way. This was my first mafia that I ever tried hosting, but I never got enough interested players. Glad that it's been executed so beautifully.
Just remember that it's the players playing the game that define what is a great game.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
posted 12-15-10 01:41 PM CT (US)     9 / 751  
This seems o be based on an Agatha Christie novel I once read. Poirot series.
In the sense that all Agatha Christie novels are essentially the same, I suppose, though it's not specifically based on on particular book. It actually bears more resemblance to the movie 'Murder by Death' and the board game 'Cluedo'.

Day will begin shortly, if you haven't sent me anything, send it now!

posted 12-15-10 06:33 PM CT (US)     10 / 751  
Day has been delayed slightly by unforseen circumstances. It will very likely be Friday morning (UK time) before I can do justice to your fine night actions in a truly splendiferous write-up (I would do it tomorrow but, alas, it's my Christmas day/night out with work and I suspect I will be somewhat inebriated and rather late in coming back (though I do not intend to walk three times in a circle around Bristol at 3am like I did last time, all the while wondering why I kept crossing the river).

So yes, my apologies for the delay. Many thanks for the night actions, they are quite marvellous.

Please feel free to pass the time by singing some kind of rousing local song, or discussing the issues of the day. I, meanwhile, intend to be getting smashed on taxpayer's money.

posted 12-15-10 06:43 PM CT (US)     11 / 751  
I just gave my first Christmas present to someone yesterday!

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

[This message has been edited by Herr Elessar (edited 12-15-2010 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 12-15-10 07:58 PM CT (US)     12 / 751  
YOU EDITED YOUR POST. MODKILL.

EE forever
posted 12-15-10 09:35 PM CT (US)     13 / 751  
I wrote game instead of gave. You know that.

posted 12-16-10 02:30 AM CT (US)     14 / 751  
Even game make sense.

Wonder what you gave...

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 12-16-10 03:26 AM CT (US)     15 / 751  
Oh, day hasn't started. Whoops...

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.

[This message has been edited by Nax (edited 12-16-2010 @ 03:26 AM).]

posted 12-16-10 07:51 AM CT (US)     16 / 751  
A game. No, seriously.

posted 12-17-10 06:06 AM CT (US)     17 / 751  
I have returned, though I am close to death and my sight is poor. Doing the writeup now, it will be up shortly.

posted 12-17-10 06:19 AM CT (US)     18 / 751  
Woohoo *awaits counting all the spelling mistakes*

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 12-17-10 07:10 AM CT (US)     19 / 751  
My spelling is always impeccable, it just takes longer to get it right!

Righto then:

Sunday Evening (Night 0)

Why are there so many here to hear my will being read? I barely knew any of them! And I liked even less.

Quite an active evening, was it not? It would appear that there are a number of different agendas on display here, non? And still the dead pile up: here is Mozzy, lying dead in his bed, poisoned in his sleep, no less. I hear he was an unsavoury character but did he deserve this? Peut-etre pas.

And Buffy lies on the floor, with 'murderer' crudely carved into her backside. And this, is it true? Non. Buffy may have been many things, but a murderer she was not.

It is now Day 1.
Mozzy (Ambassador Fu Ton, Town Watcher) and Buffy (Capitaine Henri DuVet, Town Jack of All Trades), have been killed.
There are twelve of you, so it requires seven to lynch.

posted 12-17-10 07:32 AM CT (US)     20 / 751  
Bummer.
hic

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 12-17-10 07:45 AM CT (US)     21 / 751  
Newt, I have a propostion for you.

Can I write the storyteller parts for the Mod? I want to give it a shot, and see if I'm any good.

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.
posted 12-17-10 07:53 AM CT (US)     22 / 751  
I say we get the guy who used the chinese poverb thing in the confirmation thread, since if he's chinese, he's bound to be scum, since they use daggers and poison

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 12-17-10 08:03 AM CT (US)     23 / 751  
People from every part of the world use either knives or poison.

posted 12-17-10 08:23 AM CT (US)     24 / 751  
But IMO the asians are the ones who're usually depicted as the cunning knife persons, and since this is a pretty traditional looking theme, of course all the racial prejudices will be there.

You could also take it as a random vote

VOTE: Mozzarella

posted 12-17-10 08:26 AM CT (US)     25 / 751  
Oops, is he not playing? I don't see his name on the list. Disregard me then, I'm dumb <.<

posted 12-17-10 08:27 AM CT (US)     26 / 751  
even dumber, he was killed -.-'

posted 12-17-10 08:35 AM CT (US)     27 / 751  
Vote: Major Helper

Nice try, pretending like you thought your kill target was still alive, playing dumb, eh?

In other words, random vote

EE forever
posted 12-17-10 08:38 AM CT (US)     28 / 751  
Can I write the storyteller parts for the Mod? I want to give it a shot, and see if I'm any good.
What do you mean? Email me and we shall discuss this.

I should point out, the fact that there aren't any excerpts from the night actions in the writeup (at the moment) is deliberate. And not just down to my laziness.

posted 12-17-10 08:59 AM CT (US)     29 / 751  
MH epically failed.
posted 12-17-10 09:11 AM CT (US)     30 / 751  
Yep,

Vote: Major

Although I would have preferred to go for Gil.

posted 12-17-10 01:54 PM CT (US)     31 / 751  
Hmm...

I was visited twice last night

There appears to be a man looking for his wife

And a sycophant roleblocker.

I got laid ;D

I think this man should claim... Especially if this woman who blocked me is actually his wife :P
posted 12-17-10 02:16 PM CT (US)     32 / 751  
Vote: Major Helper

Also, conveniently notice that my vote counts for 2, you puny commoners.
posted 12-17-10 02:24 PM CT (US)     33 / 751  
Seems like I plumbered similiarly to invisible man foolish me.

Even though there are only two votes on me, I'll claim since my role has a certain setback and I find it stupid to just sit here and wait until I get more votes anyways <.<':

I am Mr. Blanquette's daughter from the first marriage. I am a townie jailer.

Oh, and UNVOTE the dead man :p

posted 12-17-10 03:06 PM CT (US)     34 / 751  
Vote Count

Major - 4 (Heir, Ash, Peralta)

posted 12-17-10 03:24 PM CT (US)     35 / 751  
Huh? We have a noble one in those three?

posted 12-17-10 03:30 PM CT (US)     36 / 751  
Peralta already claimed that his vote counts for two. Hence it looks that he is noble amongst them.
posted 12-17-10 03:37 PM CT (US)     37 / 751  
Excellent news we have a jailer. Let me try and work something out...
posted 12-17-10 03:40 PM CT (US)     38 / 751  
Nvm...

I'd still like the man who targeted me to come forward

You seem to have a benign role that's provable
posted 12-17-10 03:58 PM CT (US)     39 / 751  
I think Major has a post-restriction where he's supposed to play dumb.

EE forever
posted 12-17-10 04:11 PM CT (US)     40 / 751  
Not nice !

posted 12-17-10 04:21 PM CT (US)     41 / 751  
Mole, may I ask how do you know two people targeted you last night?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 12-17-10 04:39 PM CT (US)     42 / 751  
Isn't that what happens in storytellers banned? You get notified in flavour if you've been targeted? Someone clarify?

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 12-17-10 04:44 PM CT (US)     43 / 751  
Banned's never played a Storytellers Mafia before.

But I don't think you always get notified, just sometimes. Or am I wrong? This would be good to know since I'm hosting one soon.

EE forever
posted 12-17-10 04:52 PM CT (US)     44 / 751  
Ah right gotcha, yeah this is the first storytellers I've played. Anything else I ought to know before I embarrass myself further?

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 12-17-10 04:55 PM CT (US)     45 / 751  
flavour helps, alot. Apparently. I only played one storytellers up until night 1, cos Xaph sucks.

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 12-17-10 05:29 PM CT (US)     46 / 751  
I received a summary of the man looking for his wife's action.

And the full writeup from theroleblocker's action.

I think. I infer this from the way it was written
posted 12-17-10 06:16 PM CT (US)     47 / 751  
night flavor is mod discretion more than anything else....

posted 12-17-10 06:35 PM CT (US)     48 / 751  
night flavor is mod discretion more than anything else....
This.

posted 12-17-10 06:52 PM CT (US)     49 / 751  
Boooooo... this was a kick ass role and am sad to say i couldnt play it more
posted 12-18-10 01:18 AM CT (US)     50 / 751  
I don't want to soapbox too much here; but I really hope people aren't playing this game with the assumption that there has to be certain conventions in a storyteller's game setup that aren't there in other games... because there shouldn't be.

The only thing that should tie the storytellers together is a deep focus on flavor, both in the night posts, the day posts, the night actions... all the fluff that gives a game character. That is what a storyteller's game excels at; and it also plays a small part in how the game plays out because you can analyse who would do what action, and why something is in a story. F'r instance - who would carve "KILLER" into someone's body? Where would they even get that idea?

This brings me to my next point, that applies not just to this game but to all others and it's one I've made before that bares repeating repeatedly. Game Setups are solely at the mod's discretion. There is, and should be, not set way to run things. It's all up to a mod to determine what HE likes and what HE thinks works best. My methods as a mod are fairly unique and controversial; and not everyone necessarily likes that. I don't care.

You do what is best for the game as a whole... so please don't get caught up in "this MUST" happen or "this CAN'T happen". Those two ideas are probably the single most damaging ideas people can approach a game with.

That all said, I do want to know if anyone else received any flavor about something happening to them. I did not.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Storytellers Mafia VI: The Curious Case of the Pileaus and the Blanquettes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames