HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storyteller's XII: The Bayside Killer - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25  Next Page »
posted 08-18-12 04:27 PM CT (US)   

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

"Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
Stranger: Indeed?
Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
Stranger: I wear no mask.
Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!"

Information:
Host Email: ashrzr@gmail.com
Game Phase: Day 2

Peeps (16/19):
01. SirDante
02. Ser Periagil
03. Weemicky
04. THYMOLE
05. WRP
06. Lordofglory
07. CarolKarine (Colonel Gaffigan; Veteran; Alternating Paranoid Watcher Bodyguard - Town)
08. Daimond Daimondo/CarolKarine v2
09. SodaMister
10. Newt_Gunray
11. Major Helper (William Cutler III; Butcher; Full Inventor - Town)
12. Mozzarella Man
13. Popeychops
14. WingedFlamez
15. Sarn/Major Helper v2
16. Julius999
17. Herr Elessar
18. Rotaretilbo (Jeremy S. Bullers; --; Iron Biased Witch Doctor)
19. Sassenach

Rules:
  • Don't edit posts.
  • Don't quote emails.
  • Vote with the following format:
    Vote: "Name"
    in bold. You can unvote with the same format (unvote in place of vote). If it's not bold it won't count.
  • Be active, please.
  • Everything else is common sense. For punishment, I will use discretion, but you may wind up not liking my discretion.
  • This game is closed communication.

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 09-16-2012 @ 01:19 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09-19-12 01:56 AM CT (US)     1101 / 1223  
    You are pure eil

And yeh popey, give me a break? I do read it, a lot of it twice I just don't understand the language used mos of the time and I haven't been taking notes so I keep forgetting, ill probably talke some notes next time on my laptop. Just please don't hate me.

Also thanks thynole
    posted 09-19-12 02:09 AM CT (US)     1102 / 1223  
    I started law school on Monday, hence lack of posts.

Mozzy is a sure thing. Vote: Mozzy

If Mozzy flips as part of a scum group, then tomorrow we pursue Soda. If not, then I think Mozzy's history with Thymole is sufficient explanation for his connection with Soda; which will have been quite the lucky break for us.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 09-19-12 04:45 AM CT (US)     1103 / 1223  
    Okay that's like 13 votes now.

Waiting on day end by Ash then.

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
    "FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
    "Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
    posted 09-19-12 06:23 AM CT (US)     1104 / 1223  
    Sorry for being late to the party you people can rack up a post count in a day and a half.

I will definitly be more active with the next day.
    posted 09-19-12 06:59 AM CT (US)     1105 / 1223  
    And yeh popey, give me a break?
    Look, when you don't understand what a term means, you read the guide, then ask in the thread if you aren't sure.

If a significant proportion of posts you make are requests for information that has already been revealed, there's a problem with your play. I understand that you're new, but don't expect to be spoon-fed, and on top of that, don't expect to be spoon-fed by people who share your win condition, if you are town.

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 09-19-12 07:21 AM CT (US)     1106 / 1223  
    That never ending link.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
    "God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
    -Sodamister
    "I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
    posted 09-19-12 09:23 AM CT (US)     1107 / 1223  
    I thought I wasn't playing that bad, ah well.
    posted 09-19-12 09:51 AM CT (US)     1108 / 1223  
    You're doing fine. Poppy's over exaggerating quite bit.

posted 09-19-12 10:08 AM CT (US)     1109 / 1223  
    It's really annoying when you miss off that / in

Member of BlackForest Studios
    Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
    and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
    "Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
    "Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
    "You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
    posted 09-19-12 07:00 PM CT (US)     1110 / 1223  
    Awkward silence too good.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
    -Sodamister
    posted 09-19-12 07:10 PM CT (US)     1111 / 1223  
    1111, make a wish!

-Sodamister
    posted 09-20-12 02:02 AM CT (US)     1112 / 1223  
    I wish Ash would do a vote count and then proceed with the game accordingly

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
    You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
    Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
    I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    posted 09-20-12 01:03 PM CT (US)     1113 / 1223  
    I'd rather he delay so I can sit back and enjoy the hypocrisy.
    posted 09-20-12 01:05 PM CT (US)     1114 / 1223  
    Oh ya Ash gave Thymole a hard time about being afk ho-

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

posted 09-20-12 01:19 PM CT (US)     1115 / 1223  
    Touche. Sorry about that. No excuse for me really, I'll get things going as quickly as I can.

EE forever
    posted 09-20-12 01:28 PM CT (US)     1116 / 1223  
    Actually, I hate to say it, but it's probably best to just end the game. Ironically, Thymole, if you hadn't taken so long, then I wouldn't be in this position because the game would still be going on during the summer.

But still, a busy man is a busy man, and there's not really anything I can do about it except be polite and end the game if people aren't willing to wait. Between figuring out threading animation on my own time, writing ring buffers and forking server requests to build an operating system, coding complex algorithms, mapping state diagrams, statistics, going to the labs and lectures, parties, and fraternity matters, I sadly just don't have time.

So unlike Thymole, truly the altruistic, humble pedagogue of the forum, I have no choice but to end the game I'm too busy for because I just don't have time to execute it in a timely manner. I'm really am sorry guys, but next to waiting, it's pretty much the only option.

EE forever
    posted 09-20-12 01:48 PM CT (US)     1117 / 1223  
    lol?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 09-20-12 02:04 PM CT (US)     1118 / 1223  
    It's a pity, it was gonna be interesting.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
    Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
    lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
    Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 09-20-12 02:06 PM CT (US)     1119 / 1223  
    Well, at least I didn't technically lose. My mates were Major, Newt, and Soda. I f*cked up defending Soda but I really didn't want to lose him. I think my argument for him was sound, though. The Town had nothing on him.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 09-20-12 02:08 PM CT (US)     1120 / 1223  
    Yes we did. Herr was a tracker, Mole was a continuous cop, I was a regular cop. Soda just didn't fit.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
    posted 09-20-12 02:08 PM CT (US)     1121 / 1223  
    Plus the two JoATs, if everyone told the truth.

posted 09-20-12 02:15 PM CT (US)     1122 / 1223  
    No, I meant earlier like when Thymole first revealed his investigation. To be perfectly honest, I stopped paying attention after I was being hounded. I honestly forgot that Soda had claimed at all after HG came back.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-20-12 02:23 PM CT (US)     1123 / 1223  
    Well. We could have had someone else host it BUT YOU KNOW. MOZZY.

I think town's problems COULD have been with Major and Newt simply because of their inactivity.

So Ash, does the town win?
    And if a faction does win, who wins with them? Me, Poppy, or both?

posted 09-20-12 02:24 PM CT (US)     1124 / 1223  
    But with few if any of them confirmed as town, it could have just as easily been any of us.

-Sodamister
    posted 09-20-12 02:26 PM CT (US)     1125 / 1223  
    An incomplete game results in no win.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-20-12 02:28 PM CT (US)     1126 / 1223  
    Lol @ Lordy. Noob

-Sodamister
    posted 09-20-12 02:29 PM CT (US)     1127 / 1223  
    Lame and weak.

Oh well. 3 for 3 + a bitch slap for Soda whose idea of a defense is pretending like nothing is being said against (literally not even being said, not that it has no value). That is so painfully tedious.

I don't quite understand how this setup was fair. It worked because the town got lucky, but it doesn't seem right.

Assume a successful kill and a mislynch day 1.

Rot, Rot's convertee, Popey, Lordy, 4 Scum. That's 8/19 players. Presuming rot survives. But oh well.

I would personally like this to be counted as a town win because there was pretty much no possible means for the scum to win at this point.

A stupid ending to a game I was doing perfectly in. Oh well. Somewhat fitting for my last big game (for however long).
    posted 09-20-12 02:30 PM CT (US)     1128 / 1223  
    Actually, role cops and flavour cops are the kind of cops mafias have the most.

posted 09-20-12 02:30 PM CT (US)     1129 / 1223  
    Those may or may not have been mozzy's teammates I don't know exactly but yeah I could have hosted this as I have time this month (requiring everyone's approval of course). It still could have been an interesting game.

And it is not anywhere close to a town win. It isn't conclusive, and wouldn't be any more conclusive as of Ashrzr's post.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil

[This message has been edited by Peter Fallon (edited 09-20-2012 @ 02:31 PM).]

posted 09-20-12 02:30 PM CT (US)     1130 / 1223  
    Looks like Soda wasn't so....fizzy.

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeaH

posted 09-20-12 02:31 PM CT (US)     1131 / 1223  
    But with few if any of them confirmed as town, it could have just as easily been any of us.
    No.
    An incomplete game results in no win.
    Petty.
    posted 09-20-12 02:31 PM CT (US)     1132 / 1223  
    Nice try, Thymole. Incomplete games are treated as such. You didn't win, hence you don't get a win. See that there? It's logic.

-Sodamister
    posted 09-20-12 02:35 PM CT (US)     1133 / 1223  
    Why should the Town win if a) they didn't complete their win-condition and b) weren't close to winning (I now know just how far they were)?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-20-12 02:38 PM CT (US)     1134 / 1223  
    Nice try, Thymole. Incomplete games are treated as such. You didn't win, hence you don't get a win. See that there? It's logic.
    And thus I point out my final example of a pest nipping at my heels.

I caught you and your bud on behavior alone, beat the crap out of your ploy, and basically guaranteed the town's win. I request that we get given the win. Soda comes in and says no.

But it's not just no. It's an obnoxious and dismissive no. As if you think you hold any credibility right now. You have the nerve to act like you're better than me? Do you realize I have, basically single handedly smacked the shit out of you in every game wherein we have been in opposition? Gensyoko, Experimental, and this one?

What you're doing is the cheater's way out. Mozzy too. You (technically mozzy) forfeited in a way that prevented the game from possibly going on so that you don't lose on a technicality, before such action was required. We easily could have found an alternative. Then you decide to flaunt that at me? Like it means you've done something of merit? This is pathetic.

Truthfully, I am not leaving because of resentment towards anyone or anything here. Its just that mafia is not fitting into my current life. But wow, you are one smackable little prick.

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 09-20-2012 @ 02:39 PM).]

posted 09-20-12 02:40 PM CT (US)     1135 / 1223  
    I will be finishing what I am currently signed up to play here. I will also consider signing up for popey's thing at aokh. That's all.
    posted 09-20-12 02:42 PM CT (US)     1136 / 1223  
    Oh well...

I'm still unbeaten in HGMM mafia, even if I don't get to extend my winning streak.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
    posted 09-20-12 02:44 PM CT (US)     1137 / 1223  
    Oh well, but I doubt we'd have won anyways

I didn't even want to be in the mafia but since I was killed night 0 and Ash couldn't find a replacement for Sarn (according to Ash), I didn't really have a choice since I had promised Ash to join his game

Also, I refuse to be called an inactive, Lordy I probably check the mafias I'm in more often than anyone else, I just have nothing to say since there're better players than me who have a better idea of what's going on and what to do

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
    Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
    -=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
    posted 09-20-12 02:47 PM CT (US)     1138 / 1223  
    Oh and personally I wouldn't mind giving the town a win, since they outed two out of four players already due to our poor play, plus I'm fairly sure I'd have been outed fairly soon as well since I was a replacement and a good target for an investigation.

posted 09-20-12 02:49 PM CT (US)     1139 / 1223  
    Didn't want to say anything.
    Speaking as a neutral 3rd party member, If I were Ash I would give the town a win because of how Mozzy forfeited the game for his faction and thus should have his whole faction penalised, specially with how obnoxious him and Soda are acting right now. But Ash did declare the game over so oh well.

ThyMole. Would you be up to play in my mafia 2 months from now? :O

posted 09-20-12 02:51 PM CT (US)     1140 / 1223  
    That's hilarious Thymole. I respond with the same aggression you've repeatedly shown me in the past. I applaud Ash for admitting that he will not be able to host a game properly and bowing out. While slightly unfortunate, I wish more hosts could admit when they or their games are going to be more of a bother than is worthwhile. Your erroneous allegation that I forfeited anything is something I find highly contemptible. Please, quote where I gave up playing in this game at all, or revealed information sensitive to our faction in any way.

I even had a strong inclination that Dante wasn't an actionless survivor, but didn't try to reveal that information. You, in Lordy's best terminology, are being a butthurt townie that needs to go flaunt his dissatisfaction with his own life elsewhere.

-Sodamister
    posted 09-20-12 02:52 PM CT (US)     1141 / 1223  
    I was an SK =[

Oh well. I played bad anyways, should have just let Rot go about his business and said his music was pretty cool. I played bad and I feel bad.

Cya Thymole.

posted 09-20-12 02:59 PM CT (US)     1142 / 1223  
    Out of interest btw, can anybody point out any instances where the 'storyteller' aspect of this game came into play ? I'm still not wholly clear on what it's supposed to mean.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
    posted 09-20-12 03:04 PM CT (US)     1143 / 1223  
    Poor Thymole thinks he knows anything about the setup. Xzy already let me in on why the SK would have likely won.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-20-12 03:04 PM CT (US)     1144 / 1223  
    For instance, Sass, when I tried to rolecop you the previous night, I provided and received the following flavor:

""Someone may have noticed you!"
    "I'm sorry, Sir. It shan't happen again."
    "It had best not. Do not forget your place. Go now, you have work to do."

I walked briskly out of the alley and directly towards the bar again. I had to catch him outside to keep from prying eyes. I saw him meandering along towards John's bar. They we wearing a hat, and I knew that would be my in. Walking opposite him, I purposefully bumped into him with just enough force to knock his hat off of his head. "I'm so sorry!" I said quickly, reaching down to pick up his hat. When I went to return it, our fingers barely grazed each other, but that was all it took. That instant, however quick for him, was like an eternity for me. Gleaning all the necessary intelligence, I quickly walked into the night, attempting to make sure I was not followed.

Target: Sass"

"You realize during your voyage in the night that you did not get enough information. You slip inside the brothel, coerced by one of the ladies hanging outside, forgetting to go back and extract the appropriate basics of the man Sassenach. You failed The Shadow Man's simple mission, a thought that races through you with shame."

I provided flavor for my action which can be interwoven into the day post, night post, or responding flavors for others' actions. The second bit of flavor is a response to my action failing. Ideally, this flavor is a result of someone using an action on me. That would be the Storyteller's portion.

-Sodamister
    posted 09-20-12 03:04 PM CT (US)     1145 / 1223  
    Heh, I knew it Dante.

Anyways, the aspect of storyteller's is supposed to be that the players send their action containing flavour, similarly, the host sends the players notifications regarding night actions using flavour(storytelling) etc... And day/night write-ups are also flavour heavy

You can see how flavour heavy the game was all the way into night 1. But then Ash apparently got too occupied.

posted 09-20-12 03:06 PM CT (US)     1146 / 1223  
    Also, the idea that I forfeited the game *after* Ash declared it prematurely over and while I was under the impression that everyone was about to disclose his/her roles is, as Thymole is so fond of saying, laughable.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-20-12 03:14 PM CT (US)     1147 / 1223  
    I don't think it can be counted as a town win. But hey, who really cares? Some people played well, others not so. Thymole deserves credit for really focusing on the connection between Soda and Mozzy. It took a while longer for that relationship to build up to the point where I felt it was worth getting a claim. No one else did anything particularly notable that I can recall.

I was a DNA Cop, so I could investigate dead people to get the code of their killer and living people to get their code. My role didn't have any opportunity to come into its own by the time the game ended. I would have investigated Soda at night and if he was the one to kill Major then he would have been caught. I was the mortician referred to in the flavour. This solid claim was why I was willing to apply the brakes to Thymole (who I think often benefits from being resisted) even as I was becoming increasingly won over to his point of view.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 09-20-2012 @ 03:18 PM).]

posted 09-20-12 03:14 PM CT (US)     1148 / 1223  
    Sorry I got so busy. The game could've been executed so much better, it's unfortunate.

I can assure you, Peter and I went to great lengths to ensure the game was balanced. The town just played uncharacteristically well, though would've run into problems with Dante, Major, and Newt down the road. Not to mention the Paranoid Cop (WRP) and Candy Lane, a sketchy (although Town) prostitute, among other things.

It's a shame Rot died so early, I was excited to see the multiple SKs mechanic pan out.

EE forever
    posted 09-20-12 03:15 PM CT (US)     1149 / 1223  
    I was thinking today of investigating Dante, because I don't trust my mason partner after the whole fiasco with TME in Meme Mafia.

I was the Sherrif, and a cop. I had inno on Sass and Julius. So many cops, one of us must be naive/insane/paranoid. Dante was my partner, and his play on Rot struck me very shifty. :/

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 09-20-12 03:17 PM CT (US)     1150 / 1223  
    If I were sane, would have got on Dante tonight, because I assumed Thymole/Herr would check out Soda.

Oh well, nice mechanism, multiple SKs. Shame Rot got out early, would have effed up the town. The town essentially had two days before all went hell for them, with 4 mafia, one role stripper, 3 SK, assuming Rot got actions for 3 nights without a hitch.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 21 22 23 24 25  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Storyteller's XII: The Bayside Killer - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames