Moderated by Sebastien, Leif Ericson

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Userpatch AI Scripting Ladder
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 22 23 24  Next Page »
posted 07-28-13 11:14 PM CT (US)   
The UP AI Scripting Ladder

Welcome to the third continuous installment of the AoKH AI Scripting Ladder, now supporting Userpatch for the first time. Here you can enter your AI to compete against AIs with a wide range of abilities and a huge range of strategies. Whether it's to improve your AI's skill or whether you want to enjoy the exciting fun and community it provides, the Userpatch AI scripting ladder will suit your needs.

The Userpatch (UP) is a community patch that provides enormous benefits to the game, allowing AIs to become exponentially more intelligent, among others. Click here to download the patch and learn about everything the Userpatch can do! You'll find many scripters here who are more than willing to help you learn how to script and how to use the new UP commands.

Also, if you enjoy scripting, you should join the AI scripters community at http://forums.aiscripters.com/. You can also find a guide to AI scripting here and a guide to the new UP commands here.

How Do I Join?

If you want to enter the ladder, just drop a post in the thread with a link to your AI, tell us what civ you want it to play, and your AI will be added to the ladder.

When you enter your AI, it will play four unrated games against different opponents and given a rating based on its performance. Once your AI has been given a rating, your AI is ready to enter round play and climb up the ladder.

New: Each forummer can only have one AI in the ladder at any time.

How Does the Ladder Work?

Like multiplayer ladders, the AI ladder determines an AI script's overall skill ability over the course of several games and compares the skill ratings of other AIs to each other.

The AI Ladder uses the ELO system, the same system used to rank chess players or players on online gaming sites such as Voobly. The ladder is run in rounds with each AI grouped in a league of (ideally) five AIs according to ability. During each round, each AI will play each other AI in its league twice. The winning AI's score in each match will be increased according to its opponent's score, either a large amount if the AI defeated a higher ranked opponent or a smaller amount if the AI defeated a lower ranked opponent. The losing AI's score is decreased in the same way. Once the round is over, a new one begins, creating continuous cycles of competitive fun.

To make things more interesting, we randomize between Arabia, Ghost Lake, Gold Rush, Mongolia, Oasis, and Yucatan. To facilitate the randomization, you can download the official AI Ladder random map randomizer to test your AI and to test matches: link

AI Classes:

New: All AIs are divided into leagues according to ability, with ideally 5 AIs in each league. The leagues are reorganized at the end of each round to re-sort the AIs into the leagues by ability.

If an AI is the lowest-ranked AI, has at least 75 points lower than every other AI, and has lost at least three games in a row, the AI will likely be dropped unless the author requests the AI to remain in the ladder.

Game Requests:

New: Requested games no longer count for score, but they can be requested nevertheless.

Previous AI Ladders:

In addition, for those who like a bit of nostalgia, you can find the previous installments of the AI scripting ladder here:

The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder 1.0
The AoKH AI Scripting Ladder 2.0

Standings:

Cavaliers:
AI Name:
Barbarian
The Horde
Promi
Juggernaut
Rating

Civilization
Random
Random
Random
Huns
Author
II2N
zergs
Promiskuitiv
UnfairestEel
Download
Barbarian v2.17 - Updated 8 May, 2016*
The Horde 3.7 - Updated 23 Oct, 2016*
Promi 1.53 - Updated 10 Dec, 2016*
Juggernaut 1.5 - Updated 27 Aug, 2014*

Knights:
AI Name:
Illuminati
TRON
Daedric
IS Machine
Crusade
Rating

Civilization
Random
Mongols
Random
Random
Random
Author
Aleph
cakemaphoneige
Armelon1
DuckOfNormandy
Campidoctoris
Download
Illuminati AI v0.5c - Updated 21 Aug, 2016*
TRON 0.2R - Updated 8 Dec, 2013*
Daedric 1.9 - Updated 28 May, 2016*
IS Machine 8.6 - Updated 5 Feb, 2014
Crusade 4.42c - Updated 6 Dec, 2014

Squires:
AI Name:
Tribal Warriors
BruteForce
Meleon
Boss
The Unknown
Rating

Civilization
Random
Huns
Goths
Random
Random
Author
estyty
CheeseOnToast
scripter64
lws735
offwo200
Download
TRiBal_Warriors v4.57 - Updated 9 Dec, 2016
Bruce Force 3. 1 - Updated 13 Feb, 2017*
Meleon - Updated 12 Jun, 2016
Boss 2.3 - Updated 18 May, 2017
The_Unknown v2.00a - Updated 24 Feb, 2016

* Always use the latest version if indicated with an asterisk.

Archived AIs:

The Khanate
UnfairSteel
Dreadnought
Randomization
Nightmare AI
f1@$h Myn
Nosferatu

(Check the second AI Ladder thread for a list of archived 1.0c AIs)

Playoff Results:

Season 1 - Winner: Barbarian

Schedule:

Anyone can judge any of the games in the AI ladder, and judges do not have to sign up for a game before playing it. However, you may make a post in the thread if you wish to reserve a game to judge. Those who are willing to judge and record these games, please post for which games you would like to play. Authors should not judge games that contain their own AI. All games should be played on Hard difficulty, tiny map, 200 pop, Dark Age, low resources, and Conquest victory. The current version of the Userpatch (version 1.4) and the official randomizer map script should be used. Games will be considered a draw if they last more than two hours, unless an AI has less than 2 villagers at the two hour mark. Thus, you can end the game after two hours if you wish.

It is recommended that the judges cheat "natural wonders" so that there is no possibility of interference from the judge. However, if you feel that this would hamper your ability to review the game you may opt not to do this, as long as you provide the recorded game.

If you decide to use Cheat Engine's speedhack feature, please limit your games to x5 speed on Slow speed or x3 speed on Fast speed, unless one AI has clearly won the game and you want to speed up the "cleaning up" process. Any faster speedhack is prone to mess up AI functionality on slower computers.

Once the game is finished, please write a short review of the game. Provide helpful comments on what were each AI's weak points so that the authors of the scripts can know how to update them. Also post the recorded game link along with the review. To make it easier for us to gather information from the reviews, please post the reviews of the games in this format (just copy it into your post and edit it):

AI #1 (Civilization) vs. AI #2 (Civilization)

Map: Arabia (or whatever map is chosen)

1 Jan, 2013 (this date is just an example of the format)
Map Type: Mongolia (or whatever map is chosen)

Review:

Winner: (AI Name)
Recorded Game link

Thanks for judging and reviewing! Here is the current schedule. Sign up for the games you would like to play:

Season 2

Round 4

Entrance Games:

Entering AI:
-

vs.
Opponents:
-
Results:
-

Cavaliers League:
AIs:
Barbarian
Promi
Juggernaut
The Horde
Round W-L
4-0
0-4
0-2
2-0
vs. Barbarian
x
LL
LL
--
vs. Promi
WW
x
--
WW
vs. Juggernaut
WW
--
x
--
vs. The Horde
--
LL
--
x

Knights League:
AIs:
TRON
Daedric
Illuminati
Crusade
IS Machine
Round W-L
2-2
3-3
4-2
1-3
2-2
vs. TRON
x
LW
WL
--
--
vs. Daedric
WL
x
WL
--
WL
vs. Illuminati
LW
LW
x
LL
--
vs. Crusade
--
--
WW
x
LW
vs. IS Machine
--
LW
--
WL
x

Squires League:
AIs:
Tribal Warriors
BruteForce
Boss
Meleon
The Unknown
Round W-L
2-0
0-4
0-4
4-2
4-0
vs. Tribal Warriors
x
LL
--
--
--
vs. BruteForce
WW
x
--
WW
--
vs. Boss
--
--
x
WW
WW
vs. Meleon
--
LL
LL
x
WW
vs. The Unknown
--
--
LL
LL
x

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 09-04-2019 @ 06:39 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-22-17 01:08 AM CT (US)     1151 / 1174  
Yes, we don't do any death match scripts.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 05-22-17 02:01 AM CT (US)     1152 / 1174  
Nor scenario, for that matter.
posted 08-03-17 09:57 AM CT (US)     1153 / 1174  
Hi , Boss ai updated to 2.4 version already. thanks
posted 08-03-17 10:44 AM CT (US)     1154 / 1174  
Nice! Thanks for the update, lws
posted 08-26-17 11:53 PM CT (US)     1155 / 1174  
I wonder if a DM AI ladder should be introduced?
posted 08-27-17 00:41 AM CT (US)     1156 / 1174  
Maybe. Games would be shorter.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-26-18 04:40 AM CT (US)     1157 / 1174  
Barbarian vs Promi

Map : Oasis
Barbie : spanish
Promi : persian

Barbarian goes for a 3 militians drush and 2 archeries, His side Promi goes for a dubble archeries archers rush. Barbie kills one villager and loses his 3 militians quickly.
Barbarian trains skirmishers and has quickly a military-population advantage unsued because of a weird behavious of his army which looks bloked inside of the forest, trying probably to cross the center of this map. When promi reaches castle, it his 70 pop against 93 and build a fourth archery-range (minute 24).
When Barbarian reaches castle at his turn (min27), promi has his crossbows already attacking his town. Promi kiiles a bunch of vills and GB. Barbarian follows him by sending some knights while his main army is still blocked between trees. Minute 33, the issue disappeares and Barbarian eventually uses his whole army !
Promi is hurt from both sides of the map and can't handle this aggression. Barbarian reaches imp-age minute 40 and win the game.

Mat : Oasis
Barbie : Teuton
Promi : Byz

Barbarian goes FC (16:40 castle age) while promi goes archers... One stable and one monastery are enough to push Promi's army out. Then, Barbie booms 3 tcs. At the 26th minute, Promi is back with crossbows + pikmen. It works fine first, but barbarian enforce his army with more kts + chain-barding armor and mangonels. His boom is fine and Barbarian reaches imp minute 36. Then it start pushing Promi ; the cavaliers kill everything while Promi is reaching imp (minute 38)

GG !
Barbarian 2-0 Promi https://ahp.li/100c2a92d9d7202272d8.rar

TRON vs Daedric

Map : arabia (rlm_AILadder)
TRON : Mongol
Daedric : Teuton

Daedric goes flush archery-units against the usual ranged units and scouts TRON's side. TRON take a small advantage during the feudal and reachs castle one minute before Daedric (26min). The castle age turn at the advantage of Daedric with his crossbows and pikes and his 4 TCs boom. The game stays pretty even when Daedric reachs imperial age (45min) But TRON keeps training his castle units non-stop and harass the Daedric's economy. TRON win it without having reached imp-age.

Map : Ghost-lake
TRON : Mongol
Daedric : Viking

Daedric goes full archers and reachs castle-age minute 23 without having attacked. As soon as crossbow upgrade is researched, daedric start pushing. The first attempt works and forces TRON to stay defensive the rest of the game. Minute 32, Daedric has dubble the population of his opponent. Minute 44, TRON resignes.

GG !
TRON 1-1 Daedric https://ahp.li/4766e9429e4902fa4662.rar

IS_Machin vs Daedric

map : arabia (rlm AILadder)
ISM : Hun
Daedric : Mayan

Even feudal war between skirms/pikes/scouts ISM's side and Archers/skirms/pikes Daedric's side. ISM reaches castle-age faster than Daedric and attacks again with elite-skirmishers killing most of the Daedric's army while ISM switches for CAs and kts. Daedric stays under pressure the rest of the game and resigns minute 52

map : mongolia (rlm AILadder)
ISM : Frank
Daedric : Hun

Nothing happens until the castle age in which ISM loses the first battle because of his attack-group which looks not adapted to a map like mongolia. Daedric get a clear advantage at that point and will never stop maintaining the pressure till the end !

GG !
Daedric 1-1 ISM https://ahp.li/ce0dca37b493471eae91.rar

[This message has been edited by estyty (edited 06-27-2018 @ 02:03 AM).]

posted 06-27-18 12:35 PM CT (US)     1158 / 1174  
Thanks for running these games esty! It's been a while since the last update
posted 06-29-18 03:37 AM CT (US)     1159 / 1174  
you are welcome scripter

The Unknown vs Boss

map : Mongolia
Unk : Korean
Boss : Saracen

Unk has a good dark-age and reaches feudal faster than his opponent (11min against 13min). It attacks around the 14th minute with ranges-units and a forward tower placed on a hill in front of the boss's town. All looks perfect, boss loses his army barly produced. But, step by step, Boss can recover, maybe because Unk stop training units when it considers having a huge advantage and focus on the castle-age research.
That way Boss can reach castle at his turn, with a good amount of units and Unk doesnt attempt any attack anymore till the imperial-age. Unk win the game with a forward castle and arbalests.

map : OASIS
Unk : Mayan
Boss : Turk

Unk fast castle in a really good time (16:40) and goes EWs. Boss didnt expect this and can't handle the first raid, losing his m@a and ranged units quickly. This game is won in 27 minutes by Unk. Boss researchs wheel-barrow immediately after having reached feudal age and it took too long to train the first military units.

GG !
Unk 2-0 Boss https://ahp.li/39f2a0888c085fe88f0a.rar

The Unknown vs Meleon

map : Ghost lake
Unk : Japanese
Meleon : Goth

In early feudal, each AI stay defensive and keeps massing army. The first attack comes from Unk but his ranged-units are decimated by the men at arms with the support of some archers and skirms. Meleon counter attacks and try to press the front of the unk's town, but this isn't much effective, a defensive tower helping the defender. When Unk reaches castle age, it goes for a full boom 4tcs while Meleon stays a long time with 2 tcs only. An issue appears clearly Meleon's side : the economy is unbalanced since the feudal age with a too high amount of gold compared to food. Meleon could reach castle one or 2 minutes faster than what it did this game (27min) and the castle age is worst with 3k unused gold ! Both AIs reachs imp almost at the same time ; Unk having the double the population of Meleon ! Unk goes arbalests against infantry.

map : Yucatan
Unk : Celt
Meleon : Goth

Unk reaches feudal minute 11 with 5 men at arm and goes archers ! Meleon does Meleon things as goth (m@a and ranged units) This time, the first assault of UNk works fine, and Unk maintains the pressure till his castle-age. It researches crossbows and train rams+scorpions quickly while booming 4 TCs. Fast game and convincing victory.

Unk 2-0 Meleon https://ahp.li/069e328eee8559acc6e8.rar

[This message has been edited by estyty (edited 06-29-2018 @ 04:07 AM).]

posted 06-29-18 06:54 AM CT (US)     1160 / 1174  
GG, offwo! Thanks, esty
posted 06-30-18 09:39 AM CT (US)     1161 / 1174  
Esty, is that Meleon.20160612-000000? I see a flooding "LC:" message that should be commented out in gathering.per. Is the AI an older version or modified?
posted 07-01-18 07:31 AM CT (US)     1162 / 1174  
Oh yes ! This is the latest version I remember having made the comments "on" to understand how your rules work haha
Sorry for the trouble. rest is unchanged ; btw i will upload meleon again to fix it.
posted 07-01-18 10:15 AM CT (US)     1163 / 1174  
Oh, no problem, sorry for the comment flood lol
posted 07-09-18 06:59 AM CT (US)     1164 / 1174  
Hi! Boss ai have updated to 3.0 Version for important tactics adjusting. thanks
posted 07-09-18 07:50 AM CT (US)     1165 / 1174  
Thanks, lws
posted 10-15-18 08:23 PM CT (US)     1166 / 1174  
Where is the most up to date status of the ladder? Is it hosted here? Another website entirely?
posted 10-15-18 09:31 PM CT (US)     1167 / 1174  
It's paused as the Masters of AI 2 tournament is currently ongoing, which is also kind of paused as we wait for streamer commentary on https://twitch.tv/aiscripters/
posted 10-17-18 09:13 PM CT (US)     1168 / 1174  
Thank you.
Where can I find the official rules or to be official rules for the upcoming UserPatch AI Tournament? I have looked around and to me seems scattered, could I be missing something? I am interested in finding out more on this area.
Thank you once more.

Edit: I found more up to date information on http://forums.aiscripters.net - the most recent one was/started in Feb 2018.

https://forums.aiscripters.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3398

[This message has been edited by Electricity (edited 10-18-2018 @ 10:36 AM).]

posted 10-18-18 04:21 PM CT (US)     1169 / 1174  
posted 11-24-18 05:02 AM CT (US)     1170 / 1174  
Hello all.
Happy to see that some old friends are still here and also that new scripters are joining.
May scripting last forever.

Thank you Lief and Scripter64 for keeping our scripting community for this long^^
Also happy to see you Zergs, seems the "Hord" is still one of the best of all times

I just came back to say hello today.
I was asked to present my hobby to my collieges, and I felt I needed to share scripting, the best hobby I ever had.

By the way, I got married and have a real daughter now though I could not name her "ARFFI..."
I hope everyone is having a good time and wish you the best.

Regards,

from one of the old scripters

ARFFI: A scripter from japan : Main script ARFFI-De'gel
posted 12-10-18 00:26 AM CT (US)     1171 / 1174  
Replied to your post on aiscripters
posted 09-03-19 02:25 AM CT (US)     1172 / 1174  
Just sent an email to Leif to ask if the ladder can be updated. Let's hope we can keep going with the ladder...
posted 09-04-19 06:41 AM CT (US)     1173 / 1174  
Updated.

Where has the discussion been taking place? If we get the ladder going again, I'm in favor of modifying it a bit so that it doesn't quickly fizzle out again. Should it just be limited to 1v1 Arabia? Should some inactive AIs be removed?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 09-04-19 04:59 PM CT (US)     1174 / 1174  
One idea I have is to have two ladders. One is a 1v1 Arabia like it is now. However, the second ladder is a random civ, random land map, 2v2 ladder for the more advanced AIs to graduate to once their ready. An AI would only be part of one ladder at a time.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 22 23 24  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » AI & RM Scripting » The Userpatch AI Scripting Ladder
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames