Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Triple hp units
posted 05-20-09 03:43 AM ET (US)   
I have yet to have found an article concerning this so does anyone remember how to increase a unit's hp to three times its original amount? I would really appreciate the infomation as I will probably use it in my campaign.

Too many people say far too much about Gumble. They also claim Gumble says far too much which isnt true.

One man's truth is another man's lie. Seek TRUTH to escape this moral mire.

'Experts' try to analyse human behaviour and the human condition and make grand conclusions. - Its the same as the guy who explains why a joke is funny and kills the joke.
Replies:
posted 05-20-09 10:38 AM ET (US)     1 / 25  
This would require hex-editing and adding a bit of code on a custom map/scn. You can't do this a for a single unit afaik, unless you find a way to use it with a custom .dat file.
posted 05-20-09 10:38 AM ET (US)     2 / 25  
Use this map.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 05-20-09 11:28 AM ET (US)     3 / 25  
The triple hp maps are buggy as anything, and there is no way to add it to an existing scenario, you'd have to use an existing template, and like PhatFish said, you can't do it for just certain units, it affects everything on the map except for RoR only units.

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro
Voted AoEH's Most Helpful Forumer 2009!

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble
posted 05-20-09 01:25 PM ET (US)     4 / 25  
It has but one bug - when saving a game the mode gets activated again, leaving an unbalanced game after loading. This problem is solved by reloading the initial saved game.

It is in fact possible to add the triple hp mode to any existing scenario, but it's easier to start out with a template of course. If anyone wants to have the mode activated in a custom existing scn, I'd be happy to help out.
posted 05-20-09 01:41 PM ET (US)     5 / 25  
Oh, you just wanted to do it for one unit. Then I suggest data editing.

posted 05-20-09 02:45 PM ET (US)     6 / 25  
I think that he wanted to use it for his campaign, which does not use an edited .dat file.

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble
posted 05-20-09 04:35 PM ET (US)     7 / 25  
There's an article on TD I think...

"Mrcheeze your genius but not quite a Gumble-kind-of genius." - Gumble
"We're all friendly here except MrCheeze but he means well" - Ninetales (Not exact words)
"Gumble has no words for you, you’re boring now. -underrated- that’s a joke, Gumble is OVERSTATED." - Gumble
(Not even sure what he was saying there)
posted 05-23-09 00:43 AM ET (US)     8 / 25  
Ok, new question. For no apparant reason as soon as I start up one of my scerniarios all the players start attacking the gaia towers. This throws off some of the triggers in the game so I want them to stop. But I don't know how they started attacking in the first place.

Too many people say far too much about Gumble. They also claim Gumble says far too much which isnt true.

'Experts' try to analyse human behaviour and the human condition and make grand conclusions. - Its the same as the guy who explains why a joke is funny and kills the joke.
posted 05-23-09 03:44 AM ET (US)     9 / 25  
firstly cp players cant convert/get gaia players, secondly, gaia towers fire upon all units except for gaia. This is especially relevant when trying to capture a bilista tower with a clubman or another short LOS unit. Don't know why it happens but it does.

~~~Helelix~~~
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - Terry Pratchett
"Evil is always unspectacular and always human. And shares our bed...and eats at our table." - W.H. Auden
"The basis of shame is not some personal mistake of ours, but that this humiliation is seen by everyone." - Milan Kundera
~~~~~~~~~~~
posted 05-23-09 05:14 AM ET (US)     10 / 25  
When a clubman approaches a tower the tower will fire at it and create a flare, meaning the tower will become blue before it is in the clubmans LOS.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 05-26-09 05:06 PM ET (US)     11 / 25  
You guys diddnt really answer my question. Ive had gaia towers before which diddnt attack anything. I want them to stop, can they be stopped?
And can I get cp players to stop attacking the towers either?

posted 05-26-09 05:34 PM ET (US)     12 / 25  
I don't think it is possible that your gaia towers ever left other players' units alone, they always attack other players. (I do know of one possible exception, the Laser Tower.) Could it have been an accident that gaia didn't attack? Have you tested the other levels with the normal dat in place?

posted 05-28-09 11:28 PM ET (US)     13 / 25  
hmm I can't seem to remember. Maby it was all a dream. But I am pretty sure Ive seen gaia towers behave themselves and not attack anyone. It might have something to do with setting all the cp's PER to 'passive'. It might glitch affect gaia too.

posted 05-29-09 06:12 PM ET (US)     14 / 25  
Maybe it was player 8..?

"We're all friendly here except MrCheeze but he means well" - Ninetales (Not exact words)
"Gumble has no words for you, you’re boring now. -underrated- that’s a joke, Gumble is OVERSTATED." - Gumble
posted 05-29-09 11:38 PM ET (US)     15 / 25  
I think I can tell the difference between teal and 'teal'...

posted 05-30-09 02:39 PM ET (US)     16 / 25  
wasn't a teal some sort of duck?
posted 05-31-09 01:21 AM ET (US)     17 / 25  
Teal is the sort off half blue, half green type colour for player 8 and the gaia player.

I think your thinking of 'Toilet Duck' who magically wipes away 'skid' marks!

posted 05-31-09 02:37 AM ET (US)     18 / 25  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Teal

Teal (color) is a color of Teal (duck).

Now is Gaia teal really different from Player 8 teal?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!          
The best stuff I made for Age of Empires:
 Composite Editor 1.1 Rated 5.0 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Utility)
 Coke vs. Pepsi Rated 4.4 ★ ★ ★ ★ ⅖ (Multi player scenario)
 The Map of the World (Real world map)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted 05-31-09 03:16 AM ET (US)     19 / 25  
Ducks are awesome!

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris

[This message has been edited by Fruktfisk (edited 05-31-2009 @ 03:17 AM).]

posted 05-31-09 12:24 PM ET (US)     20 / 25  
I think player 8's is darker than Gaia's
posted 05-31-09 01:50 PM ET (US)     21 / 25  
No, they are completely identical. I think.

posted 05-31-09 01:59 PM ET (US)     22 / 25  
They are the exact same color, like MrCheeze said. However, Gaia is shown as light blue in Slp Studio.

posted 06-01-09 00:43 AM ET (US)     23 / 25  
I had a pet duck once named donald. He had a brother but he drowned accidently in his bowl of milk when they were ducklings. When he was older we released him into the botanical gardens. Donald seemed to have liked that.

We had a pet sparrow named Frodo once too. He sang every morning and pooped everytime we feed him. He was great.

In all honesty I hate the colour teal and hope we can change the subject to something interesting like birds which are sweet and they explode when you chuk a spear at them.

posted 06-01-09 10:18 AM ET (US)     24 / 25  
Ok....

Well, in RoR I accidentally tasked a villager to a bird, and when he threw a spear at it I heard and explosion and thought I was under attack. After a while I realized that it was a bird. So of course I threw spears at all the birds I saw.

(How is this related to triple hp units anyway? )

posted 06-02-09 01:55 AM ET (US)     25 / 25  
The bird Flu effect maby?

Gumble is dissapointed through that he can't really change the hp of units he would have had fun making a gazelle that had a million hp...

And you had to kill that gazelle...

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Triple hp units
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames