Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Portuguese “Fast Industrial” Guide
posted 01-23-06 12:32 PM EDT (US)   
Hi all,

I posted this in stratagy discussion yesterday

but i thought i post it here as well, see if i get some more feedbacks.

here it is

Replies:
posted 01-23-06 03:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
wtf? what's that file extention?

"STUPID N00B!!! I told you to atack his Hussars with your Dragoons, not your Cannons!!"

*n00b looses 20 falconets to a few hussars.

posted 01-23-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
.mht

must be opened with i.e or word

posted 01-23-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
Very nice reading. Keep it up.

I liked:
-You use bestieros.
-You outline the importance of building placement.

I didn´t like:
-You use the ATP card. This card is OP and will be nerfed next patch.
-Your reliance on factories for industrial age domination. Factories are all too common for my taste, though I understand why they are so important for a "turtling" strategy.

My blog, for WC3 and AoE3 strats and articles:
http://unjugon.blogspot.com/
My stats:
http://ratings.myllclan.com/prt/SA/1/TkC/unjugon.jpg
posted 01-23-06 04:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
factory is a must for industrial, it equals to about 10 vils on gold each, or so i think. that is 20 vils on gold and relatively safe from raiding, can be repaired if attacked.

that also leaves youw ith extra 20 pop space for units. without field gun, you will have to build both culverin and organ gun, i think that extra pop space is very helpful here.

if no one gets it i dont have to use it. but since everyone use them, leaving them out will vastly disadvantage yourself.

ATP is port's silver bullet... it is port's only way to catch up economically.

i hope the nerf will be removing it from powerful civs, not changing its actual effect.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 01-23-2006 @ 04:17 PM).]

posted 01-23-06 04:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
maybe they should remove attack from ATP, but not increase cost.

And without factory you will have a hard time in industrial.

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 01-23-06 06:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
ya portuguese are the best. Love the army.
posted 01-23-06 08:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Port units are so gold costly you need that Factory+Villagers. Ports need both food and gold and some wood for artillary

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.-Dune
Data: Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.~
Even if you do go into a coma, you can still keep posting to Usenet -- everyone else does.

La Mia Stupido Cosa

posted 01-24-06 12:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
can someone tell me their best FF time with port?

I reach age2 in 3:20~3:40, build 4 trading posts, then if i do nothing but FF i will be making 14 vils to maxout to 20, and ship 700 food + 700 gold + 600 gold, clickinh aging up at 7:10~7:40-ish.

i want to add some more stuff for different paths in age2: fighting age2 rush, fighting age2 cav raid, and FF against FF.

posted 01-24-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
i think that sounds like a great ff. you should be fine from rushes and if it gets close to a tc being destroyed which it shouldn't with two tc fire then call minutemen. if you suspect a cav raid buil the second tc in a heard or next to a gold mine.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
posted 01-25-06 09:56 AM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
Great Guide!

But I think it will have to wait for the balance patch - ANY civ. can build more TP than Portugal and, even I haven't tested it, I think it won't do well against most of the FF... even being very good ot counter a rush.

but when the FF crazy end and ES launch the Balance patch, this "FI" will be PWNER!!!

Quote:

You use the ATP card. This card is OP and will be nerfed next patch.

I don't think Esemble will modify anything about any card in the next patch...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 01-25-06 01:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
What they have said is that they won't make any changes to cards so drastic that someone would regret having taken any one of them. It doesn't sound like they can do much to any of them and still meet that standard.

I really don't think ATPs are getting nerfed. I haven't heard any talk about it other than the one post in this thread and I can't see why they really would need nerfing.

posted 01-25-06 07:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
I used to do something like this, just without all the crossbows. What I do now is much more effective. I usually stay in fortress after aging up around ~7:30 ish and then get solid villie production. With that villager production card it takes about 16 minutes to get full villagers (around 80) All the while in fortress I am about equal in millitary power and start to take the lead. I've been moddifying my strat for more colonial base in the 2v2 because of all the noobs that are playing that I can rush.

I wouldn't really consider 7:30 minute fast fortress, but it's faster then most I guess...

posted 01-25-06 07:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
You have to hit Industrial within 10 minutes for this strat to be truly effective, and you also have to Maximize the effect of being Industrial while your enemy is Fortress or even COlonial and get Artillery, but having to have Mortars+Culvs+Organ Gunsto be a strain on my econ, by quite a bit. But Ports do get the three Organ Gun card.

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
posted 01-26-06 12:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
there is no advantage whatsoever by reaching industrial by 10 minutes, not only i think it is impossible without out a huge economical impact, i think you will have zero defense too.

and what r you going to do once you get into industrial in 10 minutes with all your 20 villagers?

the goal is not get into industrial with world record time. but rather survive into it with a reasonable economy so you can actually win.

you can put up with some risk and hope opp does FF and doesnt attack during colonial so you get into fortress ASAP without some defense, but you certainly can not do the same from fortress to industrial.

Quote:

ANY civ. can build more TP than Portugal and, even I haven't tested it, I think it won't do well against most of the FF... even being very good ot counter a rush.

Port has not special advantage in getting ATP shipment and building them faster than anyone else, but Port is the only one that can afford to get ATP as first card and build up to 6 ATPs straightaway, any other civ can not afford to do this, maybe with exception of german and brit, even then i think they take a much bigger economical impact than port - port gets absolutely no economical negativity from fast colonial + fast ATP.

as for defending against FF. i honstly dont see how much disadvantaged can you be against them, you have a good economy backing you up, you main unit is the cheapest next to pikeman yet the strongest infantry in age3 next to yoeman longbow. the only thing that i thnk will definitely kill it is wallenstein + free merc.

posted 02-10-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
I don't think that FI will ever truly own like everything else, but it certainly holds pwnage value at rpesent per se. One of my favorite things to however, if just to simply FF and get 63 Minutemen and attack their one TC and vills. It is a meanure I usually reserve against German players and I raid their GOld with the Minutemen. 63 Minutemen against 10 vills w/ right micro on both sides = 63 Minutemen 0 vills. (6 Minutemen to a vill) Yes I do send the Minutemen card.

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
posted 02-10-06 08:42 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
Hmm you know, I never really could understand how people would come to think portguese as UP. Yes they start with one less settler (i believe) but being behind by 1 settler doesn't make THAT big of a difference. Not to mention they can get 2 TC's in AGE 2 which doubles settler production. Sure they have crappy cards, and sure they have no good siege for Age 3, but they still have musketeers, and pikes especially. Can anyone explain to me how ports are underpowered?
posted 02-10-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
posted 02-10-06 09:00 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
They make some good points, but isn't this true for all civs in the beginning of the game? (in regard to BloTo's first post) yes, they get less villagers, and they get no villager shipments, but do you really need at least 14 villagers to keep up steady food for villager production? I have to try this myself. I can't believe things unless I try 'em myself.
posted 02-10-06 09:11 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
they dont get less vils to start, but they dont get vil shipments, that is very hurting in early game eco.

at 6 minutes otto is starting to pump out jans and abus, German is pumping out landsks, where you have to work hard to keep 2 TC pumping out vils.

other civs get into FF for a win, port has to FF for survival, but port cant do real fast FF because that will hurt eco so much that when you reach fortress you have nothing to defend with.

posted 02-10-06 09:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
I don't get how these people think ATP isn't OP. Are you mentally retarded? It makes trade posts cheaper, gives them an attack AND adds 2000 HP, all age 1. If im ports i have to wait till age ****ing 4 until i have decent siege enough to take it down. Age 2 it takes 10 pikemen like a minute and a half to take it down and you lose like 5 pikemen doing it, and that is IF they dont counter attack.

It's an OP card and should be nerfed badly to punish those that used it in the past.

posted 02-10-06 09:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
@Ultimitsu: Well those units are all too strong and cheap so thats why they're nerfing them anyway .

Quote:

to punish those that used it in the past.

Isn't that going overboard?

posted 02-10-06 09:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
I guess. But still, even if they made it so it only makes it cheaper and adds some hp its STILL a hell of a card.
posted 02-10-06 11:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
i was just using an example.

bottomline is port is vastly disadvanatged by not having any vil shipments.

everyone else can make army in age2, port cant.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 02-10-2006 @ 11:24 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » The Portuguese “Fast Industrial” Guide
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames