You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: If you think Cav. Archers need a boost, sign here.
posted 03-10-06 06:07 PM EDT (US)   
Hey all, This may look a lame post, but I will explain why i'm doing such a lame thing
Last Ask Sandyman thread made me mad...Looks like ES refuses to believe Cav. Archers don't worth their cost...

Sandyman Quotes

Quote:

3) Do you know that Cav. Archers are a LOT weaker than Dragoons since they can't Hit and Run?
A – In the first place, they defeat cavalry (their intended job) just as well as Dragoons do. In the second place, wouldn’t you expect a batch of backwards holdovers from the Middle Ages to lose to the most advanced type of modern soldier?

4) Ask yourself why almost no Ottomans or Russians uses cav archers
A – okay. Self, why don’t the Ottomans & Russians use cav archers? I hear a reply – “Because the Ottomans and Russians have extremely powerful anti-cav infantry and don’t rely much on weapons that are vulnerable to cav.”

15) Sorry Sandy, but Cav Archers do not defeat cavalry just as good as dragoons.
A – alas, but you are wrong. Put 2000 resources worth of cav archers vs. 2000 resources worth of hussars. Then try the same experiment with dragoons vs. hussars. You will find that the cav archers reach the same end result as the dragoon though I do agree they take longer to get there. That is the real reason that they seem bad - not because they lose, but because they take too long to win.

so, what I really want to do is get an answer...

Cav. Archers really suck.
or
I'm a n00b and shouldn't made lame topics.

So, if you think Cav. archers need a boost, Sign here r contact me on ESO (Walker)!!!

If you think I'm a n00b... Don't sign here, but you cna make a topic about it
I'm trying to get up to 100 signs, to show ES at least 100 members agree with me or not...

Sign Count...
1-Me
2-ub3r
3-Raaman
4-George_III
5-gunner1
6-Earl Samsca
7-MisterDie
8-heystopthat
9-Armagin
10-Twinleaders
11-Bobby the 2nd
12-Dieneces
13-MrKnight
14-topace3k
15-THANATOS
16-Junk Food Knight
17-Joseph Silver
18-The Roses Thorn

Soon i'll come back with a "Boost Rockets" and "Nerf Cuirassiers" topic...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 03-10-2006 @ 09:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-10-06 06:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
Just because Sandy thinks Cav Archers are normal doesnt mean they are.

I think everyone should sign this post, not literally but i believe every1 can agree that the Cav Archer is terrible.

I dont care what anyone at ES says, developer, spokesperson, or moderator - the Cav Archer is bad cost wise AND usefullness wise, it needs to be tweaked end of story.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
posted 03-10-06 06:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
Er... so this is a sign?

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 03-10-2006 @ 06:21 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 06:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
yup

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
posted 03-10-06 07:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
Ok, yea, I sign it too.

And I'm ready to sign your Rockets topic as soon as you make one.

[This message has been edited by George_III (edited 03-10-2006 @ 07:12 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 07:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 26  

Quote:

In the second place, wouldn’t you expect a batch of backwards holdovers from the Middle Ages to lose to the most advanced type of modern soldier

and how exactly do you intend to balance the new native civs lol

on topic
you get my vote cav archers suck and cost more vil secs and gold is the hardest res for russia to get.
oh yeah sign me up.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"

[This message has been edited by gunner1 (edited 03-10-2006 @ 07:09 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 07:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
No i think they should make dopples 1 pop and cost 50 wood and 50 food. and jannisaries should get an attack bonus against infrantry and arty as well as ponies.

Calv archers dont need a boost. They are OP!

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
posted 03-10-06 07:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
in my opinion, cav archers need to get their cost reversed or something along the lines of that. basically lower the gold cost. the only other thing i would change is make them 1 pop. i think that would make them good
posted 03-10-06 07:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
i kinda agree with sandy cav.archers might have weaker attack but they have MUCH more healthy and i think they fire quicker which helps to. But i was just wondering if draggons have a bonus againts infantry as well(not the bonus for cav.archers against infantry is only x.5) i might not use them much but when i use russians i always us them againts horses.
posted 03-10-06 07:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26  

Quote:

No i think they should make dopples 1 pop and cost 50 wood and 50 food. and jannisaries should get an attack bonus against infrantry and arty as well as ponies.

Calv archers dont need a boost. They are OP!

Sarcasm?

Does that means a sign :P

Please ppl, if you want to sign up, say that, I don't want ot sign ppl that does not want to sign

Quote:

i kinda agree with sandy cav.archers might have weaker attack but they have MUCH more healthy and i think they fire quicker which helps to. But i was just wondering if draggons have a bonus againts infantry as well(not the bonus for cav.archers against infantry is only x.5) i might not use them much but when i use russians i always us them againts horses.

In fact, both of them have 0.5x villagers...

cavalry arhers have more healthy, but don't have Ranged armor, a lower damage (even with higher Rate of Fire) and only 2.3x Cavalry, while the Dragoon has 3x

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 03-10-2006 @ 07:56 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 07:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
Where the hell is my strong Russian infantry anti-cav option? Something that can seriously hold up to Cuirassiers or Lancers would be nice.

Yes Cav Archers need a boost. Probably nothing to drastic but definately something.

posted 03-10-06 08:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
i also meant that they should get a boost as well
posted 03-10-06 08:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
signed
posted 03-10-06 08:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN In case you are wondering I agree with everything said in your topic

To Love ones self is the begining of a lifelong romance.
www.freewebs.com/oldelpasogame
posted 03-10-06 08:15 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
Holy crap I've been waiting for a change for cav archers for so long.

Cav Archers NEED A BOOST. PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON RUSSIA.

Needless to say I sign =P

*EDIT: Oh yeah please do one for rockets too!!

[This message has been edited by Twinleaders (edited 03-10-2006 @ 08:15 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
Boost attack = lower hp.
posted 03-10-06 08:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
Sign me up. The cav archer ROF is nice, but they should get bigger attack, or have the gold cost SERIOUSLY nerfed, and change it to cost more food or something.

Dragoons can at least still hit moderate damage on infantry, aswell as cavalry.

Cavalry archers are probably better against cavalry, but they totally suck against infantry, and are slow as.

Personally, i think cavalry archers should be as fast as or faster than dragoons - face it, they have only a bow and arrows and some food, dragoons have to carry their carbine, ammo, coupla things to service their gun, supplies, and they wear a uniform, which would hinder the movement ability of the rider somewhat.

"You, know , one day i might move to Scotland. and then get drunk, then paint woad on my face, then run around with a sword and shield until i get arrested,lol." - some history forum user

Winston Churchill was a member of both the 4th Queens Own Hussars and the 21st Lancers. As a a member of the 21st Lancers, he led one of the last british cavalry charges, against the muslims in sudan.

posted 03-10-06 09:05 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
The list is growing!

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 03-10-2006 @ 09:06 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 09:13 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
You definitely have my vote. There needs to be a better cavalry counter for the Russians.
posted 03-10-06 09:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
Remove Cavalry Archers entirely. Replace with Ruyters/Dragroons.
posted 03-10-06 09:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
I agree that they need a small boost.
posted 03-10-06 09:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
I sign, they need to cost a lot less gold.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
posted 03-10-06 09:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
I sign cuz russians have no real counter to heavy cavalry. They should be able to shoot while their horses run in a different direction.

ESO2: JunkFood_Knight
posted 03-10-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
SIGN
posted 03-10-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
*signs*

"Math is the language in which God has written the universe."
posted 03-10-06 10:30 PM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
sign'd
posted 03-11-06 00:02 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
Petition threads
Sorry, this is still in effect. They won't work. Plus, simple /sign posts are spam

Quote:

Apart from the fact that ES has already stated that petitions are not really going to make them change anything there is also the danger of having petitions now on everything.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » If you think Cav. Archers need a boost, sign here.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames