Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Barrack wars
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 02-02-12 01:18 PM EDT (US)   
Hi, ive played a scenario called barrack wars, its kinda simple, u start with some barracks, some stables, and after 50 kills u get a organ gun, after some kills u age up too.

However, when u choose portugueese when u age up u get covered wagons, i was wondering if that could be removed? Another problem, u can only do europe civs, cus if u do any asian/native american u dont get the right barracks, i was wondering if it was possible to use the other civs too? i was also wondering if it was possible to make stables / noble huts unavaible til 400 kills
Replies:
posted 02-02-12 04:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 50  
Welcome

As you figured out right now this is the right forum to post .

However I replied allready to your other forum.
i was also wondering if it was possible to make stables / noble huts unavaible til 400 kills
I am not familar with barrack wars. I think you mean the "Forbid Protounit Effects" and then "Unforbid Protounit" at 400 kills

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
posted 02-02-12 07:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50  
luckily for you taaf im a lot more active than SPC and so i know Barracks Wars there are no places for covered wagons to spawn so i think u may be playing an edited version. as for making stables and nobles huts unavailable till 400 kills, that would be simple but china only has 1 military building so that would simply be stupid :P
posted 02-03-12 07:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 50  
uckily for you taaf im a lot more active than SPC and so i know Barracks Wars there are no places for covered wagons to spawn so i think u may be playing an edited version. as for making stables and nobles huts unavailable till 400 kills, that would be simple but china only has 1 military building so that would simply be stupid :P

ohh i didnt think of that, is it possible to make them unavaible til age 3 ?

For the covered wagon, if u start in age 2, not in imperial, then the covered wagon appears when u get age 3 with portugal, maybe i can remove the recieve shipment ability at the outposts?

I am not familar with barrack wars. I think you mean the "Forbid Protounit Effects" and then "Unforbid Protounit" at 400 kills

Thank you, i will try this later

thanks for your replies

[This message has been edited by taaf (edited 02-03-2012 @ 07:41 AM).]

posted 02-03-12 09:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50  
took me a second to realize what was going on with your post. on HG, you can quote people using the quote tags. for example:
you must copy and paste the quote you want in between these [*q] [*/q] (without the *'s)
posted 02-04-12 04:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 50  
I'll update my Barracks Wars Advanced Edition with whatever features you want if you make a list for me.

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
posted 02-04-12 04:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 50  
he wants TWC civs and stables and noble huts to be a 3rd age building :P he clearly stated it in his first post xD
posted 02-05-12 03:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 50  
Can't do any of that, sorry. I only have TAD. I can put other features in if you want.

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
posted 02-06-12 01:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 50  
well, the most important feature i want is that u can use tad, twc civs in this game.

for those who havent played this

its a simple game, u start with barracks and stables

what i want however is that if u choose, sioux for example, the barracks is converted into a war hut and the stable into a sioux stable, the same with all other civs
Can't do any of that, sorry. I only have TAD. I can put other features in if you want.
(thanks for teaching me how to quote )

Well, thanks for the help and offer.

Another idea i had was that the feature that makes organ guns that spawns every 50 kills changes to falconets when u have 1000 kills, like that u get falconet canons after 50 kills instead

A little update if ur interested, i managed to avoid the portuguese town center bug, and i also made the game more interesting by expanding the needed kills for lvls, it was each 100 before now its changed, makes units like longbowmen useful, wasnt before cus u got to age 4 so quickly

Another update, i managed to fix the stable thing

All i need now is to figure out how to get asian and native american civs playable there isnt any commands like, if civ chosen japan, convert to japanese barrack?

[This message has been edited by taaf (edited 02-06-2012 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 02-06-12 06:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 50  
All i need now is to figure out how to get asian and native american civs playable there isnt any commands like, if civ chosen japan, convert to japanese barrack?
trigger: active, looped
condition: Civilization (its in my trig pack)
effect: change unit type

that should do the trick :P
posted 02-06-12 10:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 50  
Thanks for all the help, i managed to complete it earlier today Very satisfied, i got one problem however, i got nothing to reveal stealth units, i cant make an unit to reveal, cus i got a command that deletes all unit at a certain point, so im trying to make a building that reveals only his inner base
posted 02-06-12 11:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 50  
alrighty, posted a solution in the TRT. just curious, did you use my Civilization condition or Tech Status Equals?
posted 02-06-12 11:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 50  
i used tech status:O i think it works pretty well, i found out before u posted
and the stealth thing, ill try that tomorow thanks but its not possible to just make an invisible item in each base that reveals stealth from everyone but urself, like a town center that i can change range on?:O
posted 02-06-12 11:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 50  
but its not possible to just make an invisible item in each base that reveals stealth from everyone but urself, like a town center that i can change range on?:O
bad grammar. please restate what you want :P
posted 02-07-12 05:05 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50  
is it possible to just make an item, owned by the player. that will reveal anyone who comes near your base?

Or can i remove the ability to remove homecity shipments from outpost ( i believe outposts reveal invis?) and change the range?

Or can i make a unit spawn after 40 second at a certain place, an explorer with no attack and long range that will reveal invis

[This message has been edited by taaf (edited 02-07-2012 @ 05:23 AM).]

posted 02-07-12 07:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50  
you can try to use a tower which you move into the ground (forbidden attack (if possible by action suspend),invulnerable)

My trigger Pack
posted 02-07-12 11:17 AM EDT (US)     16 / 50  
Im affraid i dont follow here mister scp im kinda new in this

However , i was wondering if i could make a tower, and use "Stop current action" I dont mind if it can attack and be destroyed. anyhow, will this make the home city gather point unavaible and still reveal stealth?

By the way, if u made scp collosseum then ur the one i have to thank for being able to make this version
posted 02-07-12 12:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 50  
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=12&tn=30652&st=803#post804

reyk's editor 3 xy is needed

however the tower wont show stealth units , i thought it do

edit:

that's the deal

rotate a explorer unit into the ground
use the testplayer dialog to fakify the explorer unit so it can't be selected and controlled by player accidently :P

use this triggers:
Set anim:
PickUp
loop=true
Unit Make Invulnerable
true

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-07-2012 @ 12:56 PM).]

posted 02-07-12 03:27 PM EDT (US)     18 / 50  
thanks :O it did work, however there is a small problem, it gets deleted cus of my delete all units after 30 secs command, i can remove that tho,

but, i cant figure out how to change the range of the explorer, so it reveals invis further away

edit: i fixed the delete units thing, i cant figure out how to edit the range of units, i use modify protounit, i want to decrease the range of organ guns

[This message has been edited by taaf (edited 02-07-2012 @ 03:39 PM).]

posted 02-07-12 05:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 50  
Change LOS to change how far away the unit can reveal stealthy units.
posted 02-07-12 05:13 PM EDT (US)     20 / 50  
I tried that but nothnig happened i even tried to change barracks los to see if it made any diffrence
posted 02-07-12 05:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 50  
i think it's a fixed value (12-18 distance units [i thought i read sth in the ninja tactic file]) for DISCOVERING units. however units can only go stealth if they have a certain distance to buildings and units los.

about your dieing problem: i dont know if you fixed it by unit make invulnerable, but it's perfect this way

you cant change range of units anymore (exclude nilla)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-07-2012 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 02-07-12 05:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 50  
Thanks alot for all the help!
the thing is the command deleted all units, it didnt kill them, so i think thats why the invurneable didnt work.

The reason why i wanna change range on organ guns is cus they can attack the other persons wall / barrack from ur own base, and i dont feel like rebuilding the map cus of that;/
posted 02-07-12 06:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 50  
the only way i could see would be to reduce the speed of the InvisibleProjectile....but a lot of units use that so maybe you could swap the organ gun with like a great bombard or something :P
posted 02-07-12 06:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50  
the bombard has a greater range :P.

btw: there also exists a destroy units in area trigger that wont destroy the center unit (made by me of course)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-07-2012 @ 06:24 PM).]

posted 02-07-12 06:20 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50  
well, i kinda want less range 2 range is probarly fine.

Gattling gun? think it has less range?

For the delete unit thing, im using delete army now, it works kinda good ^^
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Barrack wars
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames