• Name Ideas:
    -AoM2
    -AoM2: Age of the Underworld
    -AoM2: Global Mythos
    -AoM2: Age of Polythesism
    -AoM2: Age of Legends
    -AoM2: Pangaea
    -AoM2: Realm of the Gods

• Settlement idea stays. This is unique to the AoM series and defines AoM strategy.
  • Each Pantheon has thier own "Realm of the Gods", from which myth units and myth technologies can be shipped. (Favor is now replacing EXP in AoE3). Myth units and technologies are a lot more rare and powerful in general.
  • Major Hero: A hero for a specific RoG that can be slightly strenghtened/customised by the player. The Sprite, the weapon, the armor and the abilities of the major heroes can be changed. New items can be unlocked with higher RoG levels. This hero is the only one that can pick up relics, and is generally more powerful than most soldiers in its age. (Similar to the AoE3 Explorer)
  • Lots of New Unique Civilisations from around the Globe.
  • Drop Sites have been dropped, like in AoE3.
  • Graphics, obviously

CAMPAIGN IDEAS

• The campaign takes place in Pangaea, back when the Titans ruled the Earth. Similar to the original AoM campaign, followers of each pantheon bring forth revolution, favoring their gods against the Titans.
  • A disruption occurs amongst the pantheons. Main characters from each civilisation are taken to their underworld, where they must fight for their pantheon. The underworld can terramorph into greenery, ice, etc. This would fit for HC shipments and skirmish games as well.
  • AoK Style Campaign, including sub-campaigns such as:
    -Julius Caeser: Conquer the Barbarian Tribes.
    -Arkantos and Theris: Prequel to the original AoM Campaign.

POSSIBLE CIVILISATIONS

• Greek1 - Shala
    RoG: Mount Olympus
    -ZEUS: King of the Gods
    -ATHENA: Goddess of Wisdom
    -APOLLO: God of Light
  • Greek2 - Dieneces
    -ZEUS: Father God of Heaven
    -POSEIDON: Vengeful God of the sea and horses
    -HADES: Lonely God of the Underworld and Wealth
    -CRONOS: Titan Father of Zeus and his brothers and sisters
    RoG: Mount Olympus
  • Roman - Theris264
    RoG:
    -JUPITER: Ruler of Heaven
    -VENUS: Goddess of Love
    -MARS: God of Warfare
  • Slavic - Mahdi
    RoG: Nav
    -PERUN: God of Thunder and Lightning
    -SVAROG: God of Forge and Fire
    -VOLOS: God of Economy and the Underworld
  • Persian - skystrider
    RoG: Avesta
    -ZURVAN: God of Creation
    -AHURA MAZDA - God of all that is good
    -ANGRA MAINYU - God of all that is evil
  • Egyptian - Empror
    RoG: Duat
    -OSIRIS: God of Life and Patronship
    -RA: King of Gods and God of the Sun
    -SET: God of Evil, Trickery and Animals
  • Norse - skystrider
    RoG: Asgard
    -ODIN: Chief of the Gods
    -THOR: God of Thunder
    -LOKI: God of Trickery
  • Celtic - SilentScreams
    RoG: Annwn
    -DANU: Goddess of Procreation
    -LUGH: God of the Sun
    -DAGHDA: God of Wisdom
  • Mayan - Underpants Man
    RoG: Xibalba
    -KULKULCAN: Feathered-Serpent God of Wind
    -CHAAC: Water-Snake God of Rain
    -ITZAMNA: God of Creation
  • Inca - GoForGoldenJarls
    RoG: Uca Pacha
    -INTI: God of the Sun
    -VIRACOCHA: God of Storms
    -MANCO-CAPAC: God of Fire and Procreation
  • Tibetan - Yamato Take
    RoG: Mount Kailas
    -KUNTO ZANGPO: White God of Peace
    -KUNTUZANGMO: White Goddess of Life
    -SHENLA WOKAR: White God of Priests
  • Ainu - skystrider
    RoG: Moshir
    -KAMUY: Divine Creator god of the Heavens
    -CHUP: Goddess of the Sun
    -PAKOR: God of the Plague
  • Chinese - Natus
    RoG: Feng Du
    -P'AN KU: Architect of the Universe
    -SHANG TI: God of Vegetation and the Sky
    -KUAN YIN: Goddess of Life
  • Zulu - skystrider
    RoG: Uhlanga
    -UNKULUNKULU: God of Creation
    -MWARI: Supreme Shona God
    -UTHLANGA: Goddess of Swamps and Procreation
  • Aboriginal - Yamato Take
    RoG: Dreamtime
    -ALTJIRA: God of Dreamtime
    -DHAKHAN: Part-Fish Creator God
    -EINGANA: Snake Goddess of Humanity

Any information/ideas anyone?

Q: What do you think about the "Realm of the Gods" idea?
Q: What other MAIN CHANGES should happen between AoM and AoM2?

------------------------------------------------------------

Speculation/Suggestions greatly appreciated.

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala (edited 03-01-2006 @ 09:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-21-05 12:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 306  
Note the UNDER CONSTRUCTION

★★★★★
posted 03-21-05 04:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 306  
I think you should've asked to compile other people's ideas BEFORE you did so.

Meh, if ES doesn't keep the Greeks, Egyptians, and Norse in if they make AoM II, I'll stone them. :P You can't have a mythology game without them... especially since there's no real reason to leave them out since AoM II most likely wouldn't have a different time period (unless they do like medieval legends or something). Who knows what the future will bring, though...

"Shallow men believe in luck, strong men believe in cause and effect." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
posted 03-22-05 08:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 306  
Yeah, I thought so too...
But you cant have Greeks and Romans in the same game...
Atlanteans would not be able to fit into the story... (Unless Gaia becomes evil and revives Kronos then decides to go against the Greek Pantheon again)
However, I'm including the Egyptians and Norse in my thread...

PS: I asked for permission on Theris' thread..no replies yet. If someone wishes to take their information off my thread, i will.

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_T (edited 03-22-2005 @ 09:01 AM).]

posted 03-22-05 12:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 306  
yeah I think there should be all 3 of them too, but of course aztecs+mayans will need to be added and possibly romans.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
posted 03-22-05 03:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 306  
I love this! (And yes, partially because he uses my Roman ciov )
About the home city feature implemented into AoM2 as proposed by you: Rome could be your home city when you play as Romans (for they built "colonies" troughout Europe: the Roman cities across Europe (and North Africa); Aztecs could have Technochitlan as HC, and so on. Natives could be the natives that helped Cortez crushing the Aztec empire for the Aztecs, and the various European tribes (Celts, Iberians, Germans) for the Romans.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
posted 03-23-05 04:00 AM EDT (US)     6 / 306  

Quote:

Wonders...

...Venus: Circus

That should really be a Circus Maximus, or a Hippodrome. Probably a Circus Maximus though, as there was only one Circus Maxius.

sig
posted 03-23-05 06:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 306  
I don't think Es will be going down the mythology streem again. AOM was basiccaaly a way to explore new concepts. If you look at the Age community you will see that the titans isn't very favourable... thus the reason theyre going back to the main streem Classic AOE view point. I see the next series of AOE as going back into the past and possibly remacking our much loved AOE 1 or Aoe2
posted 03-23-05 06:48 AM EDT (US)     8 / 306  
Actually, they are planning to redo AoE and AoK, then make AoM 2. After that, they will consider making AoE IV.

sig
posted 03-23-05 07:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 306  

Quote:

I love this! (And yes, partially because he uses my Roman ciov )
About the home city feature implemented into AoM2 as proposed by you: Rome could be your home city when you play as Romans (for they built "colonies" troughout Europe: the Roman cities across Europe (and North Africa); Aztecs could have Technochitlan as HC, and so on. Natives could be the natives that helped Cortez crushing the Aztec empire for the Aztecs, and the various European tribes (Celts, Iberians, Germans) for the Romans.

I like ur HC Idea Ill put the HCs on each Culture

Q: Do u think each major god should have their own HC?

@ Theris and other Civ Designers:

Is it ok if I tweak the cultures you designed?
People feel free to give suggestions.

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_T (edited 03-23-2005 @ 07:39 AM).]

posted 03-23-05 07:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 306  
Changes/Additions

Romans

- Jupiter's Home City: Rome
- Venus' Home City: Venice

- Changed Dioscuri to Gemini

- Added that Roman Buildings are quite strong compared to other civs'

Chinese

-As it wasn't specified, I used "Workers" as the Chinese villager. Similarly, i also used Panda Carts.

-Lei Tsu's Cultivation GP is too similar to another Roman or Aztec GP (Can't remember which one exactly)
As Lei Tsu is also the god of thunder, I made a new GP.
Thunder Cloud: Greatly Reduces LOS of enemy units and buildings for 50seconds. Random Thunder occurs all over the map, this noise slightly damages some enemy buildings.

-I added the missing descriptions for the Black Unicorn, the Giant Centipede and the Naga
BU(Kilin):A Black unicorn which attacks units by ramming into them. Special Attack: Jumps on and tramples an enemy unit, doing double damage and removing all their upgrades.
GC: A giant centipede (size of a dog, but longer) that shoots poisonous stingers at enemy units. Special Attack: Poisons a Unit, slowly decreasing its HP until it is at 1/4 total HP.
Naga: A Glaive-bearing Scaly Myth unit. Special Attack: Throws two accurate glaives at a unit.

-Storm Crow would be a little UP if it could be attacked by ground/water units...it would mess with the unit specs too.

-Gates of Hell was changed to Gates of Feng Du, as the term "Hell" is Christian. Also, not many villagers would have died in a normal game. Maybe just every unit that died with a limit of 50?

-Wealth Tree is UP especially against Dwarven Mine...I changed it to Wealth: Increases all resources owned by player by 50%

-I replaced Giant Grasshopper with Peng/Kun. There was no description for GG and Peng/Kun was missing from the myth units.

-I renamed the Home Guardian with Fu Dog Guards (Guardian Lion Statues)

-Joy on Earth is useless. By Mythic Age, you should already have a very stable economy. My alternative is that all the workers and panda carts are turned into Pa Ch'a Workers and Pa Ch'a Panda Carts.

-Starting in the Heroic Age, the Chinese do not build fortresses but instead their own Town Centers. These are more expensive than usual, however, as first the builders must build the foundation, then the actual Town Center. IMO this is VERY OP. I added a Chinese equivalent of a fortress: a stronghold.

-After a bit of research, I found that most Chinese defenses were on or connected to the Great Wall. I added bonuses if walls were connected to towers or strongholds.

-I renamed the Spearman to Halberdier.

-I renamed the Archers to Spearer.

-I specified all the units.

Slavs

-None to date

Celtic

-Changed Danu's Bonus to gain up to 1000 favor to a simple faster favor trickle

-Changed Major god GPs to a maximum of 5 uses

-Changed Lugh's Ghost bonus to last only 15 seconds

-Took off minor god multiple god powers. Amplified powers where appropriate

-Took off Auto Armory research

-Changed Cost of Celtic peons

-Added two types of Caravans: Drake and Woad

Persian

-Changed Angra Mainyu's GP from Permanent Pestilence to "Infect an area so no buildings can be built there"

-Changed Meteorite GP to not affect allies

-Changed Frashegird GP to randomly spew fire in different areas of the map

-Merged the Eternal Flame and Temple. Added ability for Fire Priests to build Eternal Flames (For more diversity )

-Added the (Persian) Lion Caravan

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_T (edited 06-06-2005 @ 04:44 PM).]

posted 03-23-05 08:05 AM EDT (US)     11 / 306  
You may tweak mine, as long as you post what you have tweaked, so I can ensure the historical accuracy stays intact.
For the other designer's civs, I dont know: it's up to them.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
posted 03-23-05 11:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 306  
i think they need to keep all old civs and build off that. i don't think, however, that the atlanteans should be replaced. they have become my favorite civ.

i hope ES sends out infomation about there ideas or work soon.

posted 03-23-05 11:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 306  
*AoM SPOILER*

Atlanteans were my favourite civ too...
But we couldn't have them in the game any more...the campaign showed the atlanteans joining the greeks in the end...
Maybe we could make a civ with similar attributes...

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_T (edited 03-23-2005 @ 11:58 PM).]

posted 03-25-05 02:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 306  
Does anyone know about ancient chinese military structures? Natus' Civ Design was missing realistic names.

★★★★★
posted 03-25-05 05:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 306  
Q: Do u think each major god should have their own HC?
It would be kinda cool, considering some cities were especially devoted to a certain god... thus if Athena had been a major god, her HC would have been Athens.

Q; Should the Atlanteans be removed/replaced in the next game?
For the sake of historical accuracy, yes.

Q: Should the Greeks be removed/replaced (by Romans) in the next game?
Not really... I don't see why Greeks and Romans can't be in the same game. ;\ Their mythologies are actually more different than people realize, not to mention the fact that they had quite different militaries.

No other comments so far... it looks good.

"Shallow men believe in luck, strong men believe in cause and effect." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

[This message has been edited by Tulcake_1 (edited 03-25-2005 @ 07:20 PM).]

posted 03-26-05 03:47 AM EDT (US)     16 / 306  
its best to have both greeks and romans as they fought each other back ages ago and it would be an interesting combination of civs.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
posted 03-26-05 07:57 AM EDT (US)     17 / 306  
Thanks for your replies...I think will add Greeks

Should the major gods change though?

Athena, Zeus, Ares sounds good to me.

Let me know what you guys think

★★★★★
posted 03-26-05 09:21 AM EDT (US)     18 / 306  
I really don't really think that you should...

See, it works well with Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, as they were effectively the rulers of the gods after the titans fell, splitting the world between themselves (Zeus-Heavens, Poseidon-Waters, Hades-Underworld).

But, if you really want to change their major gods, I'd suggest that you have it Zeus, Athena, and Apollo. If I'm correct, those were the three most worshipped deities.

posted 03-26-05 11:48 AM EDT (US)     19 / 306  
I wonder, if our 3 civs are China, the Aztecs, and Rome, what is the campaign going to be like?
posted 03-27-05 01:54 AM EDT (US)     20 / 306  

Quote:

See, it works well with Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, as they were effectively the rulers of the gods after the titans fell, splitting the world between themselves (Zeus-Heavens, Poseidon-Waters, Hades-Underworld).

But, if you really want to change their major gods, I'd suggest that you have it Zeus, Athena, and Apollo. If I'm correct, those were the three most worshipped deities.

Thanks for the Zeus, Athena, Apollo info. The main reason I wanted to change it was to better suit the Home Cities. If Zeus, Athena and Apollo were the most worshipped, then they would definately have a better combination of Home Cities rather than Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.

Quote:

I wonder, if our 3 civs are China, the Aztecs, and Rome, what is the campaign going to be like?

I think we could go with the Underworld Passages which Arkantos used to travel between Egypt, Greece and the Norselands. All the civs so far have some kind of name for the underworld, so the story should go fine.

★★★★★
posted 04-18-05 01:19 AM EDT (US)     21 / 306  
I wish AOM2 would come out, it probably won't happen most likely though.

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
posted 04-20-05 03:47 AM EDT (US)     22 / 306  
True...but we can always hope

★★★★★
posted 04-20-05 02:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 306  
Perhaps the celts could be a culture-after all, they had plenty of giants. bloody heroes and one bloke had a rainbow-sword that cut the top off hills.

btw, whay has no-one replied to my AOE4 topic?

posted 04-20-05 03:40 PM EDT (US)     24 / 306  
I would like the Celts to be in it...but there's one civ guide available and its very OP. I dont have the resources to make a Celtic civ and I'd be grateful if someone could help.

EDIT: I realised that only one person noticed the questions at the bottom of my guide.

Q: Do you have any villager ideas? (Eg: Norse had 3 types, Atlantean had no drop sites needed)
Q: Should drop-sites no longer be needed?
Q; Should the Atlanteans be removed/replaced in the next game?(please help :S)
Q: Do you know about ancient Chinese military structures ?
Q: Do you think we should have Titans (the units) in AoM2?
Q: Should the Greek Hero System change?

Just out of interest

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_T (edited 04-20-2005 @ 03:50 PM).]

posted 04-20-05 05:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 306  
The Greek hero system should grow to include historical heroes as well.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » AoM2
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames