Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Swine Flu and Mexican Influenza
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 04-29-09 10:39 PM CT (US)   
Hello, Im really just wondering on peoples takes on the supposed pandemic that will be sweeping this world.
Personally I think that the media is making a huge mess of it, you know the whole mountain out of a mole hill :-).
But just for the fun of I'll put up some of the crazy ideas about the Swine Flue that my friends and i have came up with

1: The Flu is really a biological weapon that the Mexicans have been testing on their own country, explaining the deaths in Mexico, and now have released to contaminate the world and turn everyone into a zombie slave of Mexico :-)
2: its a relation of the manbearpig...instead its the manbirdpig, each is a vector of the Flu. :-)
3: it a complete false-hood made up by the media, just for the heck of it to see how big of panic they can create.
And 4: its really as scary as people say...the most unlikely idea of them all.

This is why you don't give me sugar. So just wondering if you have something to say about the Swine Flu or maybe some crazy idea's to add to mine

i think people are stupid for reading this signature because by the time they realize that it isn't going to say something useful its already too late...
Need more people for my project
Replies:
posted 04-29-09 11:00 PM CT (US)     1 / 57  
Here's a map showing all the reported cases in the world: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=1064847750902966852 71.0004681a37b713f6b5950&ll=32.639375,-110.390625&spn=15.738151,25.488281&z=5

[Edit] Copy and paste whole link

So far no-one's died outside of Mexico...can someone confirm that this is still accurate?

[This message has been edited by four hundred babies (edited 04-29-2009 @ 11:01 PM).]

posted 04-29-09 11:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 57  
I believe America recently had its first death this week, but it was an 18-month old infant, so the child's most likely relatively undeveloped immune system probably couldn't handle it.

◓◓◓◓◓
posted 04-30-09 00:15 AM CT (US)     3 / 57  
It will blow over eventually. I am not even sure it is that big of deal. People say that viruses are adapting more quickly than we can treat them, but I think that is often taken out of historical perspective.

We have no long term history of viruses and their mutations. In fact just recently have had the technology to really document things like that. And considering there have been plagues that have shapened Empires (see Justinian's Flea) some 90+ deaths is not that serious.

If anything this just speaks to pittiful state that Mexico is in. That nation is so close to collapse and it needs to become Obama-Clinton's priorty to strengthen the Mexican government. That government goes down and we are talking a real national security risk.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
posted 04-30-09 00:25 AM CT (US)     4 / 57  
The new virus has genes from North American swine influenza, avian influenza, human influenza and a form of swine influenza normally found in Asia and Europe, said Nancy Cox, chief of the CDC's Influenza Division.
Definately ManBirdPig
posted 04-30-09 01:24 AM CT (US)     5 / 57  
Guys, I'd suggest you stock up on supplies and first AID kits just in case. We still don't know how far this thing could spread.
posted 04-30-09 04:29 AM CT (US)     6 / 57  
Prevention is also a good idea. Eat right, exercise, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water. WASH your hands frequently and avoid sick people or crowds of strangers.

Having emergency supplies is always a good idea for earthquakes, tsunami, forest fire, flood, tornado, volcano, plague, pestilence, social unrest and/or God's Wrath!

(During the summer fires of 2007 we were cut off from the outside world for about 2 months, no supplies, no mail, no travel and a lot of the time no electricity.)
posted 04-30-09 05:18 AM CT (US)     7 / 57  
Until the chances of dying from swine flu surpass the chance of being killed by your toaster (which almsot happened this week when a mouse the size of a small dog jumped out of ours as I was taking it out of the cubboard) I don't think I want to pay $70 for the pills.

The Wall

coming soon
posted 04-30-09 05:24 AM CT (US)     8 / 57  
I believe America recently had its first death this week, but it was an 18-month old infant, so the child's most likely relatively undeveloped immune system probably couldn't handle it.
The risk of this flu is apparently not that it's dangerous to underdeveloped immune system, but too active immune systems. The body's immune system gets a little bit too enthusiastic fighting the virus and ends up damaging itself. The same was true with the Spanish flu at the start of the 20th century - it was more dangerous to young people than to the elderly.
(The same is true with more diseases; for example, cancers tend to grow more quickly in young bodies than in old.)

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 04-30-09 05:29 AM CT (US)     9 / 57  
Considering Mexico is the state most badly hit by it, and it still clocks 160 deaths, I would say the Virus is not too potent in killing.

Heaven is only what we aspire to

Everything has a reason

The purpose of life is Karm (Work), Without Work, Our lives are but purposeless- Hindu belief
posted 04-30-09 05:32 AM CT (US)     10 / 57  
Not to mention Mexico's healthcare system and the entire state of the country isn't top class at the moment.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 04-30-09 06:01 AM CT (US)     11 / 57  
- is indifferent -

We'll be immune to it anyway within some time.

Cilibinarii
My AOK Maps
posted 04-30-09 07:44 AM CT (US)     12 / 57  
It will blow over eventually. I am not even sure it is that big of deal. People say that viruses are adapting more quickly than we can treat them, but I think that is often taken out of historical perspective.
We've been threatened with SARS and bird flu for years. If this is as deadly to humans as those were, god help us!

My conspiracy theory is that this is the Pope's plan to take attention away from AIDS; naturally he's being instructed by reptilian aliens who live in the centre of Mars who can kill people with thought and hate humans and want to take the Earth from humans but for some reason can't use their ability to kill with thought in that. Yup. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 04-30-09 08:28 AM CT (US)     13 / 57  
We've been threatened with SARS and bird flu for years. If this is as deadly to humans as those were, god help us!
It isn't. This is a different strand of flu from those (H1N1 as opposed to H5N1 iirc) which has a lower fatality rate.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 04-30-09 08:39 AM CT (US)     14 / 57  
I think desaster scenarios aren't true, it's just dangerous.
posted 04-30-09 08:42 AM CT (US)     15 / 57  
Yes, the avian flu scare was H5N1.

Does anyone else remember the days when flesh-eating necrosis was the disease du jour?

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 04-30-09 10:42 AM CT (US)     16 / 57  
The only people who died are Mexicans (either living in Mexico or abroad). So far the only people infected outside Mexico had been there. Btw, I've also heard that in the village where the influenza started, nobody got killed :S
Anyone got any news on that?
posted 04-30-09 12:24 PM CT (US)     17 / 57  
It isn't. This is a different strand of flu from those (H1N1 as opposed to H5N1 iirc) which has a lower fatality rate.
The only people who died are Mexicans (either living in Mexico or abroad). So far the only people infected outside Mexico had been there. Btw, I've also heard that in the village where the influenza started, nobody got killed
Basic hygiene difference? Though I have no doubt Texans & New Mexicans are just as dirty (Loving regards to all cervicals of red colour!)

-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 04-30-09 12:35 PM CT (US)     18 / 57  
I think it's a health care difference.

I think here in switzerland no healthy person will die, we pay for this though.
posted 04-30-09 12:46 PM CT (US)     19 / 57  
It's kinda obvious this would happen, 20 million people in one city.. It was just a matter of time.
posted 04-30-09 05:22 PM CT (US)     20 / 57  
It's kinda obvious this would happen, 20 million people in one city.. It was just a matter of time.
It's like in Rome Total War when you have an enormous city that's overcrowded and has lots of squalor and then bam! PESTILENCE >:-0

-- Christopher Hitchens
posted 04-30-09 06:40 PM CT (US)     21 / 57  
posted 04-30-09 07:27 PM CT (US)     22 / 57  

The little boy in Mexico that they say was the first case was never around pigs. None of the people in his village worked at the pig farm in the valley. One third of his village had the regular flu, only this little boy had the new flu. I thought that was rather strange.

I used to travel a lot for my job, and it seemed that every time I flew on a plane, I caught some virus.
posted 04-30-09 09:40 PM CT (US)     23 / 57  
HAHAHAHAHA. sorry i had a lot of fun today in school. in school they handed out a letter talking about the piggy flu, one of the things they said was if anyone had flu like symptoms should stay home for two days...I was sick yesterday...so i had a load of fun walking around and coughing on my friends.

i think people are stupid for reading this signature because by the time they realize that it isn't going to say something useful its already too late...
Need more people for my project
posted 05-01-09 00:38 AM CT (US)     24 / 57  
Ron Paul on the swine flu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB5-Y08qbjo

Basically he says in 1976 there was another panic about the swine flu. the government came up with flu shots and went to save everyone. However, in the end the flu killed one dude, but the vaccine killed over 25 people. So yeah, don't get a vaccine if it's from the government.

The Huskarl
If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it put this in your signature.
posted 05-01-09 01:03 AM CT (US)     25 / 57  
Basically he says in 1976 there was another panic about the swine flu. the government came up with flu shots and went to save everyone. However, in the end the flu killed one dude, but the vaccine killed over 25 people. So yeah, don't get a vaccine if it's from the government.
That's moronic. If the government was out to kill its citizens, it would do it in a more efficient manner than making fatal vaccines.

The purpose of vaccination is to prevent contracting the flu. Some people's immune systems can be overwhelmed by the vaccines but for the majority, vaccines are safe. That's like saying don't wear a seat belt when you drive because there is a possibility of choking to death from the seat belt. Think of how many lives could have been saved if a vaccine was available for the Spanish flu after WW1.

But I do agree that it is not a time for global panic when all the deaths have been restricted to Mexico and an infant in the US.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Swine Flu and Mexican Influenza
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames