You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Getting the Creative Jucies Flowing.
posted 03-30-09 10:33 PM CT (US)   
Hey thanks for reading.
Just something that popped into my head a couple seconds ago. on a previous site i was part of, a member wrote a story involving a bunch of the big time members...just incase you don’t see were I might be going with this topic:
I’m looking for people to volunteer to play a position in a scenario or campaign that I would put together, nothing state of the art, but still could be fun. Im asking volunteers because this forum doesn’t have a members list and I don’t want to get in trouble for using someone’s forum name without their permission.

Ok REALLY rough story Idea:
The city of Kings Haven has been at war with another city called Ensemble.
Until recently they were in a stalemate and neither could win a clear victory, then a betrayal from the inside gives Ensemble the advantage and King’s Haven is taken and the ruler imprisoned. A group of heroes, soldiers, and civilians escape before the city is taken and they leave with the intent to return.

From there im not sure it depends on how many want to risk there forum name in such a unorthodox adventure. What I do know is I want to have allies to be rallied/convinced to help, A rebel base for the survivors to train at, And a big slug out ending.
POSSIBLE IDEAS: some sabotage, assignations and spying…. possibly depending on how creative I feel.

Care to join in post these for me
Name: (just so I know what you want it to be, your Forum name would be best)
Side: (Kings Haven, Ensemble, Betrayers)
Unit: (if you some unit that you want your name to be attached to say so, try to stay away from siege engines)

WARNING some people might just get a cameo appearance while others get to hang around for a while.

That’s all I can think of…..Ideas feel free to post…comments post away….complete and utter scorn…well yeah you can post that too

EDIT: oh wow...this looks kind of like piece by piece...i hadn't even read that for the record. ah well im just looking for people willing to let me use their names in a map.

i think people are stupid for reading this signature because by the time they realize that it isn't going to say something useful its already too late...
Need more people for my project

[This message has been edited by Kormin (edited 03-30-2009 @ 10:48 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-31-09 01:15 AM CT (US)     1 / 35  
Hmm those sides wouldn't have any relation with AOK Heaven and Ensemble Studios would it?

Names not accepted: Faggy, Figsack, Fagsack, Fig Newton, Figgy Pudding, Figris, Figtree, Figgius, Figaro
I'm sure more are to come
posted 03-31-09 01:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 35  
Possibly :-) what...i thought it would be funny to have that

i think people are stupid for reading this signature because by the time they realize that it isn't going to say something useful its already too late...
posted 03-31-09 03:08 PM CT (US)     3 / 35  
Depends whether you're designskills are good. Can you post an example of your work?

(don't really want my name in work that is quite noobish)

(Not that you seem like that or anything )
posted 03-31-09 03:15 PM CT (US)     4 / 35  
Give us a couple random screenshots of anything good you've made (or make something, either way), and if they're good people will sign up like crazy, believe me.

YoshiX100000~AoKH's Official Playtester of All Short, Funny Viking Cutscenes by Varied Equine Species, PhD-Emeritus-Magna-cum-Laude-Esq.
Now in Fuschia!!

"I wish I knew what Yoshi's doing on the roof, especially in winter." ~Sissi
"Yoshi lived up to his name and split into 100000." ~Rocking Doom
posted 03-31-09 04:00 PM CT (US)     5 / 35  
screen shots...should of thought of that myself.
and Dead_End it isn't a problem, I am kinda noobish since i haven't really made much.

posted 03-31-09 04:11 PM CT (US)     6 / 35  
Show some of your best
posted 04-01-09 05:34 PM CT (US)     7 / 35  
These are from the game we're discussing.

Im still working on the map, so these are incomplete

King's Heaven
Some allies mining camp

More coming, but thats the general idea

posted 04-01-09 06:23 PM CT (US)     8 / 35  
Name: Tanner (that is the English version of my forum name Tanneur)
Side: Age of Kings Heaven
Unit: Kushluk, and in case the unit is not a hero, a cavalier please

I do not care if it will be 'noobish' today's beginners are tomorrow's experts. I still remember Shadow's first 4 scenarios under the name of Taigeion, who would have thought that that developed into a masterpiece like Shadowmind.
posted 04-02-09 10:12 AM CT (US)     9 / 35  
Very true Tanneur,
Name: Daniel (my real name)
Side: AOKH
Unit: Sieur de Metz (or just a regular knight.. Your choice)
posted 04-02-09 10:53 AM CT (US)     10 / 35  
Name: (Lord) Basse
Side: Kings Haven
Unit: Shah? If not that then a spearman with some added HP/AP

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 04-02-09 05:06 PM CT (US)     11 / 35  
I still remember Shadow's first 4 scenarios under the name of Taigeion
I never knew that, thank you so much for the information. You'd never realize how badly I worship this guy.

Name: Andan
Side: Betrayers
Unit: Mameluke

Good luck.

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."
posted 04-02-09 05:18 PM CT (US)     12 / 35  
Sweet I just finished the Map!!! I'll post soon.

its nice to see that i have a few hero's.
looks like i'll need to go on Ensemble's side.

posted 04-02-09 05:24 PM CT (US)     13 / 35  
If you happen to have a horse in your scenario, you could name it for me

It could even be an evil mule if you want.
posted 04-02-09 05:26 PM CT (US)     14 / 35  
you know what how would you like to be a wandering insane missionary, or what ever the guys are on the donkeys.

posted 04-02-09 05:59 PM CT (US)     15 / 35  
Name: Haroth
Side: Ensemble
Unit: Bleda the Hun (or a mounted archer)

Good luck with the campaign.

Judiciously show a cat milk, if you wish her to thirst for it.
Judiciously show a dog his natural prey, if you wish him to bring it down one day.
posted 04-02-09 07:16 PM CT (US)     16 / 35  
wandering insane missionary

If that fits your story, sure. I am known to be crazy and I do tend to rant a lot.

By the way, since you are new to our forum, I should add this:

Gender = Female
posted 04-03-09 11:36 AM CT (US)     17 / 35  

Name, Coldviper or viper if you want.

Side, Ensemble's

Unit, Huskarl with added hack Armour and attack.
posted 04-06-09 04:59 AM CT (US)     18 / 35  
Pfft. This some kind of cheap rip off of my Silent Hill mod? I smell a copycat >.>

Speaking of that, wheres the topic gone? I'm halfway through making all you guys' characters and the threads gone so I can't see what anyone wanted.
posted 04-06-09 05:06 AM CT (US)     19 / 35  
Tanks, you weren't the first one with this idea, there's been a lot of them before. Cameo-season was back in 2006 . Anyways, here's your thread. You use the search function and you'll find it.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 04-06-2009 @ 05:07 AM).]

posted 04-06-09 05:31 AM CT (US)     20 / 35  
Thankies Seiur Basse of Basse-Normaldie.

Anyways - I might aswell contribute to the thread, instead of ranting.

Name: Tanks
Unit: William Wallace, Or if you don't want a hero, A Militia with upped hp/ap (C'mon the Clubs!)
posted 04-06-09 11:09 AM CT (US)     21 / 35  
Name: Popeychops - The mad
Side: Betrayers
Unit: Monk with spawning spearmen-minions that stop when he dies

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-06-09 02:49 PM CT (US)     22 / 35  
Name: Nick
Side: Kings Haven
Unit: Henry V (with more HP/AP [or maybe a little less HP/AP, who knows]).

Hi :­D
posted 04-06-09 08:43 PM CT (US)     23 / 35  
Speaking of that, wheres the topic gone? I'm halfway through making all you guys' characters and the threads gone so I can't see what anyone wanted.
If you can remember the name I will see what I can do to bring it back up.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 04-07-09 00:30 AM CT (US)     24 / 35  
Oh no, not the cameos again. Since when did any of them get completed..

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 04-07-09 04:59 AM CT (US)     25 / 35  
Well, Jatayu. The characters are done, thanks to basse I could finish them

Now i just got to make the map and other creatures and things.

Anyways, Kormin, whats the map going to be like?
posted 04-09-09 02:38 PM CT (US)     26 / 35  
I've got it made as i posted before, but imageshack, or any other hosting sites i've tried, tell me its too big to host...its kinda annoying me. anyone have suggestions

posted 04-09-09 04:19 PM CT (US)     27 / 35  
Photobucket.com. Requires that you register, but it's by far the best image-uploader I know of.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
posted 04-09-09 05:08 PM CT (US)     28 / 35  
too big to host
Try reducing the file size. I noticed that my map shots are nearly 5 megs.
posted 04-11-09 08:00 PM CT (US)     29 / 35  
Go into Paint and save the Mapshot as a .jpg file. Works like a charm for reducing filesizes.

YoshiX100000~AoKH's Official Playtester of All Short, Funny Viking Cutscenes by Varied Equine Species, PhD-Emeritus-Magna-cum-Laude-Esq.
Now in Fuschia!!

"I wish I knew what Yoshi's doing on the roof, especially in winter." ~Sissi
"Yoshi lived up to his name and split into 100000." ~Rocking Doom
posted 04-11-09 11:46 PM CT (US)     30 / 35  
Go into Paint and save the Mapshot as a .jpg file. Works like a charm for reducing filesizes.
-Ahhh, is that how others make the mapshots that can be viewed deeper!?

And photobucket is the best, that I know of.
posted 04-25-09 08:05 PM CT (US)     31 / 35  
Bunch of Screen-Shots

Ensemble's Army
Hidden Order/Coldviper's Men(they are green)
Rebel Camp
Popeychop's lair
King Microsoft's Village
Horse-Men's Tribe
King's Heaven Farms
(EDIT: before anyone points it out I do intend to change the civilization names, i just haven't done that yet)

AND *Drum role* THE MAP!!!!
Mapmapmapmap

News Flash: the map is completed (obviously)and i've add more then a planed to. there is now some mini-quests to earn your allies support, there is also a mercenary camp now where you can buy squads or heroes . Im not done triggering it and tweaking it.

So what i need from the community is a few more names (your's, a friends, your great Aunt's third boyfriend's Brother...Im not picky)
If you would like to be a: Mercenary, Betrayer, Or Ensemble Warrior sign up...I've got enough King Heaven Champions thank you everybody

[This message has been edited by Kormin (edited 04-25-2009 @ 08:07 PM).]

posted 04-25-09 08:14 PM CT (US)     32 / 35  
Name: Sir Twi
Unit: Duke D'Alencon
Faction: Mercenary

The screenshots look good, I especially like Popeychop's lair. But it seems as if there's a lot of wasted space in the large forests; was that your intention?
posted 04-25-09 11:15 PM CT (US)     33 / 35  
Nahh. thats part of my tweaking, if i can think of a mini-quest or something to add i can blow away part of a forest and instant have space...plus i can post a map with out big spaces in it with nothing

UPDATE: Mini-quests added, more landscaping done and a couple tweaks to make Ensemble a little more devious :-)
you know fun stuff

[This message has been edited by Kormin (edited 04-27-2009 @ 03:37 PM).]

posted 05-01-09 10:09 PM CT (US)     34 / 35  
Another Up-Date: you can now rescue Villagers from Ensemble's harsh military rule and recruit them for your army.

I Still Need Mercenaries and Ensemble Warriors

posted 05-02-09 02:55 PM CT (US)     35 / 35  
Name: Paperclip
Unit: Cataphract, if possible

This looks interesting, good luck.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Getting the Creative Jucies Flowing.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames