Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 2475 - Birth of the Uruk-Hai
posted 04-16-07 02:24 PM CT (US)   
2475 - Birth of the Uruk-Hai

Based on John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's Middle-Earth collection. It tells the story of the birth of the Uruk-Hai (dont tell me that Saruman created the Uruk-Hai, that's a lot of movie bull). Basically, it's a B&D/FF scenario. You start out with a army of Uruks under your control, plus various heroes (villians) like Khamul, or the fictional Belfaug (thought up by me, name stands for "breathtaking power" in Sindarin, or perhaps Quenja, unsure.). Anyway, you must fight your way through the forest-land of Ithilien and finally, reach the ancient city of Osgiliath and torch it to the ground.

It features:
-Best ever soundtrack (LotR themed, non-movie)
-Voice-acting
-New eye candy/trigger tricks
-Bitmap
-Detailed story
-Breathtaking scenery
-Realistic hostile battle tactics, such as ambushes and counter-attacks.

and many more.
Usually I refrain from boasting about my work that much, but I think that this one is worth it. It is a cut above the rabble of other LotR maps on the blacksmith (save for two certain masterpieces, which will make quite fine adversaries)(Yes you, Mashek and VonCograth, and Mashek's War of the Ring seems really similar to this plot, mine's just cooler! MUHHAHAHAHA! ).

Screenshots:
Crossroads
Haradrim camp
Ithilien
Minas Morgul
Osgiliath/Anduin
Yes yes, I know this map design is no Ulio quality, so what.

Anyway, what do you think? Are you tired of ALL (even good) lotr maps, or do you look foward to this?
I could also use some playtesters, but not right now, it's only 35% complete or smth.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.

[This message has been edited by morgoth bauglir (edited 04-18-2007 @ 11:03 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-16-07 02:27 PM CT (US)     1 / 9  
-New eye candy/trigger tricks
-Breathtaking scenery

You can't make claims when screenshots are "due to come", unless people have already seen and commented so thus given you positive feedback in these areas. Post some screenshots and people will form thier own opinions about your work.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 04-16-2007 @ 02:33 PM).]

posted 04-16-07 05:09 PM CT (US)     2 / 9  
Looks interesting. Do you need any help with the voice acting?

Proud AOKH'er.

Creator of the PbP book. Check it out at www.serentine.blogspot.com
posted 04-17-07 00:02 AM CT (US)     3 / 9  
Nice to know LOTR isn't 'dead' as most people claim.

I'll playtest when it is more completed than now.

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 04-18-07 10:22 AM CT (US)     4 / 9  
Looks interesting. Do you need any help with the voice acting?
Yes, some help would be welcome. I believe you offered yourself to voice-act?

And, silly scuddles, screenies will soon come. Wait a bit, have some patience, my fine feathered friend.

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 04-18-07 10:31 AM CT (US)     5 / 9  
You shouldnt claim this will be the best without even one screenshot.
posted 04-18-07 10:41 AM CT (US)     6 / 9  
You shouldnt claim this will be the best without even one screenshot.

I agree. Interesting project btw!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 04-18-07 10:56 AM CT (US)     7 / 9  
Did I say it is the best? I only said the soundtrack is the best.

EDIT: here you are! Screenies are t3h addedest!

[This message has been edited by morgoth bauglir (edited 04-18-2007 @ 11:04 AM).]

posted 04-18-07 12:09 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
From the screenshots it is looking rather similar to Mashek's War of the Ring.

Hope the storyline will be well developed so there will be a difference..

Jatayu O===|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/
`
Battle of Saraighat, 1671|Atlantis, the Lost Realm|AOE Roman Modpack|My profile
ि
StormWind Studios
posted 04-18-07 12:16 PM CT (US)     9 / 9  
I want to keep it as realistic as possible. True to the book, you know. The story should be quite different.

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » 2475 - Birth of the Uruk-Hai
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames