Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9  Next Page »
posted 09-08-08 00:07 AM CT (US)   

Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night is a time, every Saturday at 4:00 PM EST, where AoKH gamers get together and play games of AoK.

We play custom scenarios, usually weird ones or ones made by AoKH members. If you have a multiplayer scenario you want tested, also, we will play that.

MCSN has been moved to G&SD, in combination with weekly forum parties. For more details, please check the General and Strategy Discussions forum.

[This message has been edited by sly guy (edited 02-14-2009 @ 02:02 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-29-09 12:11 PM CT (US)     281 / 316  
Is there a way to show only AOKTC games? That annoyed me.
In the main widow, just under the banner across the top, there's a drop box that gives you options about various types of games you can have it show. You can also make groups of games, which is what you'd need to do to just get Conquerors games showing up.

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 01-29-09 09:33 PM CT (US)     282 / 316  
gg Sly Guy. The Game Ranger crashed and dumped me out at the end. (Glad it waited.)
posted 01-29-09 09:36 PM CT (US)     283 / 316  
GG, and that's strange. Oh well, at least you know you can play games over GR now, even if your ISP's not letting you play on IGZ!

- ک

Ladies and Gentlemen, wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be IT. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

This message has been brought to you by procrastination and the letters K and V.
posted 01-29-09 09:38 PM CT (US)     284 / 316  
Looks like GR is the way to go. Sorry Imp.

◓◓◓◓◓
posted 01-29-09 09:53 PM CT (US)     285 / 316  
I will keep after the router problem. I like the look of IGZ better than Game Ranger, but other than that I am too new at this to have an opinion, except IGZ reminds me of the old Zone.

Looking forward to being thrashed by you guys.
posted 01-29-09 11:56 PM CT (US)     286 / 316  
Is there a way to show only AOKTC games? That annoyed me.
yes, on the drop down box at the top, just point to "My Games". it will list only the games you are able to play or have installed that GR recognizes, for me it's AoK, AoC, and AoE3 (though no games for that ever show up, I'd like to try it sometime)

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
posted 01-30-09 05:55 AM CT (US)     287 / 316  
I will keep after the router problem. I like the look of IGZ better than Game Ranger, but other than that I am too new at this to have an opinion, except IGZ reminds me of the old Zone.

Looking forward to being thrashed by you guys.
Testing the UPnP thing of me?

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)
posted 01-30-09 08:14 PM CT (US)     288 / 316  
Testing the UPnP thing of me?
I did find out that the router is UPnP enabled. I finally got my ISP to put in a correct static IP address and correct port forwarding, so I am ready to test it at IGZ. If this fails, I will follow your instructions for the UPnP thing.
posted 01-31-09 07:55 AM CT (US)     289 / 316  
I did find out that the router is UPnP enabled. I finally got my ISP to put in a correct static IP address and correct port forwarding, so I am ready to test it at IGZ. If this fails, I will follow your instructions for the UPnP thing.
The only thing that matters is that the UPnP is enabled for the UPnP thing. So if your other thing fails, use my method and you are out of the stress situation right away!
Im so glad the UPnP is active If it were not then it was useless. Im so happy for you!

I also give hope to the situation you got now. Port forwarded and correct static address. Let's see if you can play!
Man, this took way too long. They should get something for being finally ready to take actions like this. You were already waiting quite a long time for this moment. Its good to hear of this situation where they finally, thank god, changed it! Yay!

(_(_(_ World of Warcraft _)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Level: 85 Pierce [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|] Class: Warrior[|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_(_(_(_(_(_( = [|]Race: Human [|] = )_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)
(_(_(_( = WizardBoy: | Proud member of AOK = Click to add population = )_)_)_)

[This message has been edited by WizarDBoy (edited 01-31-2009 @ 07:57 AM).]

posted 01-31-09 10:55 AM CT (US)     290 / 316  
Is this going to happen on GameRanger in the future?
Because you can't imagine how much I've wanted to join these while having been unable to play online for several years now, thanks to my awesome router/modem/router/antenna/PC-supersystem which is too complicated to comphrehend.

However, I recently realized how awesome GameRanger is and I hope for it's salvation.
posted 01-31-09 04:54 PM CT (US)     291 / 316  
is MSCN going on tonight or not because of the forum party on gameranger (which will start in ~3,5 hours)?
posted 01-31-09 04:59 PM CT (US)     292 / 316  
yeah whats going on? im aiting in Game Ranger for mcsn
posted 01-31-09 05:01 PM CT (US)     293 / 316  
There doesn't seem to be anyone from AoKH in the tournament lobby at IGZ, so it would appear that it's cancelled this week.

As to MCSN on GameRanger, nothing's been made final as of yet. It certainly is a possibility, though.

- ک

posted 01-31-09 05:05 PM CT (US)     294 / 316  
Well I'm sitting and waiting on GameRanger (My name is Tanks if anyone wants to add me )
posted 02-04-09 00:22 AM CT (US)     295 / 316  
Alright guys, I need some opinions on an idea. There's been a few different people asking for more regular forum parties, so here goes:

What do you think of a combined MCSN/forum party that would occur on a weekly basis? It would probably start at or near the same time MCSN and the forum parties currently start. If that doesn't suit your fancy, another option would be to have MCSN and the forum parties alternate, and restrict the forum parties to non-CS maps (so we get people coming to MCSN and not just the forum parties).

Either way, I'd prefer to see that the client rotates, so people who can't get either IGZ or GameRanger to work aren't left out.

Thoughts? I'd prefer more than just a yes/no answer. If you can think of something that might work better, by all means, let us hear it. I'm open to suggestions.

- ک

[This message has been edited by sly guy (edited 02-04-2009 @ 00:28 AM).]

posted 02-04-09 00:35 AM CT (US)     296 / 316  
If you could make a time that ISN'T 2:00 am for us europeans, I'd be very delighted.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 02-04-09 00:59 AM CT (US)     297 / 316  
It would probably start at or near the same time MCSN and the forum parties currently start.
That's another thing, though: What time zones suit everybody the best?

- ک

[This message has been edited by sly guy (edited 02-04-2009 @ 01:01 AM).]

posted 02-04-09 01:48 AM CT (US)     298 / 316  
What time zones suit everybody the best?
Instead of trying to pick one time to suit everyone, why can't it be a range of times? Some folks can start early, people come in the middle and others come in later. It seems that people were already playing before the official start time, and I know some couldn't stay as late as others could.

So I would suggest it be "Forum party between the hours of XX:00 and XX:00" etc.

I also like the idea of alternating locations and formats, I still want to try my new router setting at IGZ.
posted 02-04-09 03:34 AM CT (US)     299 / 316  
Alright guys, I need some opinions on an idea. There's been a few different people asking for more regular forum parties, so here goes:

What do you think of a combined MCSN/forum party that would occur on a weekly basis? It would probably start at or near the same time MCSN and the forum parties currently start. If that doesn't suit your fancy, another option would be to have MCSN and the forum parties alternate, and restrict the forum parties to non-CS maps (so we get people coming to MCSN and not just the forum parties).

Either way, I'd prefer to see that the client rotates, so people who can't get either IGZ or GameRanger to work aren't left out.

Thoughts? I'd prefer more than just a yes/no answer. If you can think of something that might work better, by all means, let us hear it. I'm open to suggestions.
I would much rather have a combined party where we play a combination of both CS and RM maps, no sense in splitting the community any further.

as far as time zones go, I agree with TLM, a range of times would probably work better.

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
posted 02-04-09 08:09 AM CT (US)     300 / 316  
The MCSN time is good enough for me, but it could be earlier. 2PM EST?

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 02-04-09 12:39 PM CT (US)     301 / 316  
I think doing a single event is better, and I think mscn time is good.
It means 10:00 pm in europe (right? EST = gmt-5 I think), and that's good.
posted 02-04-09 01:26 PM CT (US)     302 / 316  
I want parties to occur on a weekly basis. The problem is the time for when it should start, and trying to get as many people in as many time zones as possible online at the same time.

I'm on the west coast of North America - Pacific Standard Time; GMT -8 (-7 during DST/summer). My most convenient time would be between 3:30 pm and 10 pm (with a break for supper somewhere b/w 6 and 8:20).

So, that'd be 8:30 - 1 am on the east coast; 1:30 am to 6 am GMT; and 11:30 am to 4 pm for people in GMT + 10 (ie, Asia). Would that work for y'all?

"We are only supposed to stereotype the games, and not the gamers. I think I might have blurred that line with mine though? Oh well, if the shoe fits... " - AnastasiaKafka
From here
posted 02-05-09 07:02 PM CT (US)     303 / 316  
Is it ever on Game ranger?
posted 02-06-09 05:05 AM CT (US)     304 / 316  
I wouldn't mind parties and mcsn combined, so long as it wasn't ONLY on Fail IGZ.
posted 02-06-09 07:19 AM CT (US)     305 / 316  
these times would exclude most of the european players.
posted 02-08-09 04:16 AM CT (US)     306 / 316  
How about harnessing Friday for MCSN and Saturday for forum party?

Or possibly varying: Every other week forum party on Friday and MCSN on Saturday, and next week vice versa.

[This message has been edited by Powery (edited 02-08-2009 @ 04:19 AM).]

posted 02-08-09 04:41 AM CT (US)     307 / 316  
I support that idea.

posted 02-08-09 07:20 AM CT (US)     308 / 316  
That idea actually sounds pretty good, nontheless I'll try to be there. I think we should sort out an all-round friendly time to ensure that we can all come along.
posted 02-08-09 11:12 AM CT (US)     309 / 316  
4 pm is good for both europeans and americans, but not for chinese guys... It's not possible to get a nice time for everyone in the world :/
posted 02-08-09 11:44 AM CT (US)     310 / 316  
I'd encourage a double-timed system, so that you can make the one most convenient.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 02-08-09 11:55 AM CT (US)     311 / 316  
How about something that happens from 3PM EST (8 PM GMT) until midnight EST (5 AM GMT), and possibly later if people keep showing up? That'd give most people a decent range of times, since people would just show up when they are able.

It'd essentially be a free-for-all in terms of arranging games though, so that's a downside, unless anyone's willing to step up and play host?

- ک

posted 02-08-09 01:13 PM CT (US)     312 / 316  
Thats true, it would also encourage people to use this thread to announce what time they're coming as well as just "i'll be there"
Which would make a change.
Personally, I'd go for the 3PM start, seeing as 9PM is usually late on in terms of my online times. Its when the good TV starts :P

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 02-08-09 02:40 PM CT (US)     313 / 316  
from 3PM EST (8 PM GMT) until midnight EST (5 AM GMT) is ok imho, it's similar to now.

Just have someone to host the room at 3 PM to start the party.

I think it's better to keep only one day, because otherwise it's dispersive and there won't be enough ppl on both days.

we can mix cs and rm/dm.
posted 02-08-09 04:50 PM CT (US)     314 / 316  
*Agrees with Murloc*

The new times suggestion sounds perfect!
posted 02-08-09 08:10 PM CT (US)     315 / 316  
posted 02-14-09 01:53 AM CT (US)     316 / 316  
Alright, since we're having forum parties on a weekly basis, this thread is redundant. It'll remained stickied for a couple days, until everyone's aware that it'll be taking place in G&SD from now on, if only under a different name.

For the forum party threads, please check the General and Strategy Discussions forum.

- ک

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames