Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: [Project]Jack of Hearts
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-02-14 12:57 PM CT (US)   

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOPIC IN PROGRESS!

ABOUT JACK OF HEARTS:
Jack of Hearts is my first official project on AOKH. Initially the idea was to make a unique scenario, but then, I had to make a decision: do a scenario with 20.000.000.000 triggers, or create a campaign... What would you've done?
The hero in question (by now you've guessed it) for me it's always been a character with great charm, and for this reason, I will do my best to honor him!

STORY:

This campaign runs through the various stages of the life of Etienne de Vignolles, from his youth, to the glories in battle. The events are mixed with a historical reality of the fourteenth century, in a France affected by revolts and struggles for power.

FEATURES:

-Story based on extensive documentation.
-Realistic environments.
-Cinematics.
-Full RPG style.
-Main quests and Side quests.
-Inventory & Store.
-Sell & Buy items.
-Decisions to make.
-Different ways to win.
-Final score to note for next chapter.

SCENARIOS/PROGRESS:

1)Chapter I - An untold story

DOWNLOAD GAME - VIEW TOPIC

2)Chapter II - Far from home, close to wishes / 30%

[This message has been edited by King Leorick (edited 11-19-2015 @ 04:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-04-14 09:18 AM CT (US)     1 / 42  
You should attach the screenshots in a link.
Putting "url" tag instead "img" takes much less space.

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
posted 04-04-14 09:52 AM CT (US)     2 / 42  
I think it's good as it is since it's not too many pics and they aren't very large either
posted 04-04-14 09:56 AM CT (US)     3 / 42  
I mean for many picks, cause that's just around 20% of what the map have.

My Blacksmith
posted 04-04-14 06:36 PM CT (US)     4 / 42  
This project looks very promising. It has nice map design, and the fact that it's an RPG is enough to guarantee one download from me.

Agree with Rewaider though, when you start having many screenshots in this thread, I suggest uploading them to image hosters like photobucket or imageshack, and then providing only the links here.

/\NDANU "WHORACLE" TRISATY/\
~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~~¤~
Member of StormWind Studios & BlackForest Studios

-:|:- Blacksmith Files -:|:- Fabula Fatali -:|:- Photography -:|:- Age of Kings Heaven -:|:-
posted 04-05-14 05:27 AM CT (US)     5 / 42  
When I collect more screenshots I'll do it!

Here is a detail of the Combat Skills, in the Scout session. Along with this informations, you can find other about levels and healing skills!

To complete the scenarios, I would need a good translator Italian-English, because google is not very helpful! Can someone help me? : )
posted 05-06-14 06:15 AM CT (US)     6 / 42  
>update

I've finished the section "selling / buying" items!

In the game, you can buy items that will be inserted in the slots:
-helm
-armor
-weapon
-shield
-boots
-horse

The objects that will be replaced by new ones, will be recorded in the hero's store and will become sellable!

[This message has been edited by king leorick (edited 05-06-2014 @ 06:18 AM).]

posted 05-06-14 06:50 AM CT (US)     7 / 42  
This looks very promising! It would be nice to see another grand RPG actually finished, there are very few of them out there.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 05-07-14 06:14 AM CT (US)     8 / 42  
@Lord Basse:
I'll do my best to not disappoint you! ; )

SO, you should be patient because i'm working not so fast... I want this campaign to be a great work!

PS-new screenshot aviable!
posted 05-08-14 07:54 PM CT (US)     9 / 42  
Those screenshots look nice!
But I would suggest you to put dirt 1 around the farms, some cracks and elevations along the roads and mix road_broken + road fungs.

My Blacksmith
posted 05-23-14 06:44 AM CT (US)     10 / 42  
>features update: DECISIONS

sometimes you'll have to make choices: good or bad? Every choice has its own consequence!
posted 06-10-14 05:23 PM CT (US)     11 / 42  
dear players, the work is proceeding!

I've added a new screenshot, and I've update the progress of the 2nd scenario, that reach the 55%!

Is there someone (a brave man!) who could help me to fix the dialogues I've translated to English??
posted 06-10-14 06:57 PM CT (US)     12 / 42  
Looking good!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 06-11-14 02:30 PM CT (US)     13 / 42  
Very good choice, La Hire is a very intresting hero of french history, and I'm always happy to see campaigns about french history!

Bon courage, force et honeur/Courage, strenght and honor

My viking building set: here!
My legionary: here!
posted 08-05-14 04:42 PM CT (US)     14 / 42  
To reduce the waiting times for the release of the project, I decided to divide the campaign by uploading the different scenarios.

Unfortunately, most of the work is concentrated in the first scenario, where I had to create an infinite number of triggers to make it a real RPG.

Fixed the last bugs (I hope!), I go on translating aaaaall the dialogs...! Dammit!

If someone wants to test the scenario once translated, it can offer itself on quest thanks!

The first scenario will be called: JACK OF HEARTS - Chapter 1: An untold story.
posted 08-05-14 05:42 PM CT (US)     15 / 42  
Glad to hear this is close to getting finished.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-16-14 06:28 AM CT (US)     16 / 42  
I've added a new features: CINEMATICS !

Yeah, for every scenario, before the game starts, you'll see a pre-game video!
The first is ready! and I want to show it to everyone.

Before that, I want to remember that I need a good translator ita-eng or someone to correct my translations, so that my work will be well enjoyed! Please help me,guys!

Now, watch the preview cinematic: JoH-Chapter I- cinematic.

[This message has been edited by king leorick (edited 08-26-2014 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 08-17-14 08:56 PM CT (US)     17 / 42  
Makes me want to play it. Good job!

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 08-18-14 01:43 AM CT (US)     18 / 42  
Indeed, nice work! It's great to see so many great-looking projects still being worked on

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 08-26-14 09:58 AM CT (US)     19 / 42  
Thanks guys! ; )
posted 09-05-14 06:25 AM CT (US)     20 / 42  
UPDATE

The translation is going on...

I've installed the UserPatch 1.4 to add more candies! An example? Take care about how many items you're bringing on your store, their encumbrance may slow down your gait!
posted 09-10-14 11:33 AM CT (US)     21 / 42  
Also the translation is finished!

Now I'll take a few weeks to add more "candies", and make an autotest, before upload the scenario!

If someone wants to help me to test it, mail me to: marcoz88z@hotmail.it !

thanks a lot
posted 10-11-14 04:49 AM CT (US)     22 / 42  
UPDATE

Taking inspiration from the game Baldur's Gate, I am developing the opportunity to rest and recover HP even outside the cities and without the use of healing abilities, but with the risk of being attacked by bandits!
posted 10-11-14 04:55 AM CT (US)     23 / 42  
The screens looking nice and have a beatuiful design !
Good work.
posted 11-17-14 06:11 AM CT (US)     24 / 42  
I'm sorry for the latency, I'm busy in these days!

The scenario is almost finished, except for some unimportant dialogs. I'm testing the scenario and I think I'll release it in the february 2015.

See you soon! : P
posted 03-20-15 07:28 AM CT (US)     25 / 42  
Yeah, I'm back!

Well, As about 90 players know, the first chapter of the Jack of Hearts is downloadable on the blacksmith (you can find the link at the top of the topic)! Hope you enjoy my first work (rate it! rate it! rate it!)

Now it's time to work at the sequel, and here I'll write updates..

From now, I start to talk about Jack of Hearts - Chapter II: Far from home, close to wishes

posted 03-21-15 11:15 AM CT (US)     26 / 42  
Cant wait
posted 06-03-15 02:24 PM CT (US)     27 / 42  
Hi guys!

It's good and right to update this topic!
Slowly I'm adding in scrupulous order all the basic RPG triggers for this campaign, to make more easy the creation of all other chapters!

Messing with the triggers, I've found ways to improve some peculiarities of the game. It will be reduced, for example, the wait to regain HP by a good sleep.
I'm thinking about a small update of the first Chapter, maybe at the same time of the Chapter II issue...I'll see...

I renew the invite to who has played at the Chapter I to rate the game, thanks!

...to be continue...
posted 06-03-15 03:45 PM CT (US)     28 / 42  
Looking forward to the next part. The first chapter has been on my to play list for a while. I just need to find a time to play it. It looks amazing. Good luck with the rest of it.
posted 06-10-15 01:58 PM CT (US)     29 / 42  
Thank you Possidon!
I hope you'll find soon the time to play the 1st Chapter!

At the moment I'm working on the score codes feature. Don't loose the final codes of the 1st scenario, because your starting bonus is depending by those codes!
; )
posted 07-07-15 12:14 PM CT (US)     30 / 42  
UPDATE:

Hi guys! In this days I'm working on the intro.
For this second part of Jack of hearts, I'd like to upload a small playable demostration, like it was in the first chapter.

I can show you the cover of Chapter 2, for this time...

The hero is taking a shape little by little...
posted 07-07-15 01:13 PM CT (US)     31 / 42  
Nice to see some updates from you!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 07-25-15 07:05 AM CT (US)     32 / 42  
Some historian will forgive me, because I'll add some fictional character (FC) in this project.
In the Chapter II, you start with 2 FC to fight against others FC... Now you could say: Why?
It's because the game has differents ways to be completed, and some units allow all this.
Essentially I needed to invent some characters that if they live or if they die, it doesn't matter! I'm cruel, I know...

UPDATE:
Intro has been finished. I have to test it in the next days...
posted 08-11-15 08:02 AM CT (US)     33 / 42  
Today I'll show you some backstage about my RPG features.

I've decided to fix all generic basic HP of the units to 25, all generic basic ATK(attack) to 3, DEF(armor) 1 and 2 to 0 (like villagers at dark age).

Some units, depending of his own constitution or level, has a bonus on these points, like Étienne, who is a very tall and strong guy, and he starts with 40 HP, 3 ATK, 0/0 DEF.

Wearing weapons, armors, shields or so, it adds other points on the character. I've listed more than 60 items, with all the bonus they give, for example:

VILLAGER:
EQUIP:
Paesant dress: HP+0 | DEF+0/0
Knife/Bow: ATK+0

HP: 25 basic + 0 (25)
ATK: 3 basic + 0 (3)
DEF: 0/0 basic + 0/0 (0/0)

PIKEMAN:
EQUIP:
Leather armor: HP+10 | DEF+0/0
Chainmail cap: HP+10 | DEF+0/0
Chainmail boots: HP+10 | DEF+0/0
Pike: ATK+1

HP: 25 basic + 10 + 10 + 10 (55)
ATK: 3 basic + 1 (4)
DEF: 0/0 basic + 0/0 (0/0)

WOAD RAIDER:
EQUIP:
Studded leather armor: HP+20 | DEF+0/1
Leather cap: HP+5 | DEF+0/0
Chainmail boots: HP+10 | DEF+0/0
Buckler: HP+5 | DEF+0/0
Morning star: ATK+5

HP: 25 basic + 20 + 5 + 10 +5 (65)
ATK: 3 basic + 5 (8)
DEF: 0/0 basic + 0/1 + 0/0 + 0/0 + 0/0 (0/1)

Some enemies (we call it Bosses) starts with higher basic points, so, for example, an elite woad raider could be a leveled unit with a stronger armor and weapon. With the UP 1.4, I can manage in a better way all the bonus.
Also, Bosses can fight with skills, like Étienne does. But this is another page of my manual : P

[This message has been edited by King Leorick (edited 08-11-2015 @ 08:06 AM).]

posted 10-05-15 12:44 PM CT (US)     34 / 42  
Hi all, I'm back with some news!

Alas, I fell down into the world of mods, and it caused me a stop from my work on JOH (jack of hearts)!
Otherwise, it helped me to find a way to make my RPG more interesting, adding some feature like:
-Day/Night scene alternations;
-Barrel/Wardrobe to smash for finding items;
-ride horses;
- Inventory manually manageable by moving items inside its box to wear it;
-stopwithspoiler!

There are lots of changes, so maybe I should fix the 1st chapter to make it as a tutorial scenario, to teach to play the further chapters. But it's only a mad idea. Now I'm concentrating on the 2 chapter...

I'm not using graphic mods, only units modified!

I will show you some screenshots...

[This message has been edited by King Leorick (edited 10-05-2015 @ 01:39 PM).]

posted 10-05-15 02:45 PM CT (US)     35 / 42  
Looking forward to it!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » [Project]Jack of Hearts
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames